You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
this war could only work if.... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : this war could only work if....

alexc
03-19-2003, 04:44 AM
this war could only work if the following thing happens.
1) The admnistration implement a real nation building stategy in Iraq.
2)We need a foreign policy to push Human Rights in the Middle East.
3)Offer a real solution on Isreal / Palestinian mess.
4)The adminstration needs to change attitude toward the rest of the world. We need to integrate our policy with rest of the world in some way.

FiveB247
03-19-2003, 06:46 AM
I do not agree with number 1 at all. There a difference between helping a nation with funds, influence, assistance and the idea of nation building. The world would take such ideas and notions as building an empire through changing governments and regime changes to more further American ideals and beliefs.

I agree with number 2 strongly. Yet that's more of a compromise between ending terrorism and seeking diplomatic routes rather then military actions. Not necissarily human rights issues.

Number 3 is a serious factor on how the world will receive the war on terrorism. Many experts believe removing Saddam is the first step in trying to create a peaceful Middle East. After the invasion is over, the US needs to step up it's negotiations for BOTH sides in order to receive and obtain Israeli and Palestian agreement. The US has the influence and ability to be a mediator between the 2 parties.

I agree with number 4 as well. The US expects others to step up on the war against terrorism, yet haven't offered any means to do so. That is why terrorist remain in poor and undeveloped nations. The fact is most richer or developed nations have the money, capabilites and resources to obtain, protect and try to combat terrorists, while poor nations do not.

alexc
03-19-2003, 07:03 AM
with number 1, i wanted nation building similiar to what we did in Germany/ Japan. Implement democracy and support what ever government is elected.

FiveB247
03-19-2003, 07:22 AM
Obviously, I agree that democracy should be achieved or attempted. But in most places in the world like the Middle East, US sediments, values and beliefs are not easily welcomed or appriciated. It's basically the difference in Eastern and Western philosophies.