You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Former Sen. Moynihan dies [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Former Sen. Moynihan dies

SuperClerk
03-26-2003, 04:07 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&e=3&u=/ap/20030326/ap_on_re_us/moynihan_obit_5

This message was edited by SuperClerk on 3-26-03 @ 8:09 PM

high fly
03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
He was a great guy. Never a slave to ideology, extremely intelligent, highly respected by even his most ardent foes.
Whoa Nelly could he bluster! When he did it was quite amusing.
He was prescient in predicting the collapse of the Soviet Union under the weight of it's own internal contradictions in 1980: "The Soviet Union is a seriously troubled, even sick society...the defining event of the decade might well be the breakup of the Soviet empire".
A great cold warrior who worked for Republican and Democrat presidents alike, he helped make progress in civil rights.
Often he'd be criticized for some seemingly ridiculous idea, only to be vindicated years later.
He also fought hard for the declassification of old intelligence documents . To those of us interested in such things as the Venona files, we have him to thank.
Even when I disagreed with him, he sure made me think; I'll always remember some great debates he had back in the day with William F Buckley Jr. on Firing Line

" and they ask me why I drink"