You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
MLW WRESTLING ON THE SUNSHINE NETWORK [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : MLW WRESTLING ON THE SUNSHINE NETWORK

WRESTLINGFAN
04-04-2003, 12:40 PM
For those of you who have directv, you'll be able to watch this

credit www.wrestling-news.com

FLORIDA) -This Monday night (April 7) prepare to enter the Underground at 11:00 PM (EST) on The Sunshine Network when Major League Wrestling ("MLW") delivers its premiere episode of Underground TV nationwide on satellite television and throughout Florida on cable TV.
Too real and violent for prime time, MLW Underground TV makes it's debut from America's most hostile city - Philadelphia at the notorious Viking Hall!

Kinda makes you think when the #1 rapper is white and the #1 golfer is black

Crippler
04-04-2003, 08:52 PM
DAMN! I listened to the archived 2 hour clusterfuck, I mean, radio show put on by the 1Wrestling.com guys, and Joey Styles was their guest...the card sounds great, but I'll be missing it as I don't have DirectTV. If you have it,m tune in, sounds like it'll be a great show...lots of ECW guys, and the promise of two "big surprises."

ps: If anyone does, please post a review.

SigPic thanks to TenbatsuZen
http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/857148/1548180/18137301.jpg
...silent, but violent.
[center](Miles)[center]

WRESTLINGFAN
04-08-2003, 10:37 AM
here are the results

From the ECW Arena/Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

Your announcer is Joey Styles

The show kicks off with a fun opening featuring some awesome action shots while Powerman 5000's "When Worlds Collide" blasts. Great tune that is very gritty and "undergroundish".

Joey welcome us to the show, putting over "hybrid wrestling" and the various styles in MLW. Joey also runs down the matches set for tonight including: Jerry Lynn vs. La Parka, Taiyo Kea vs. the Wall (under his shoot name), and the main event: Vampiro vs. "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.

First match: "New F'N Show" Jerry Lynn vs. "Extreme Chairman" La Parka. Super HOT opening match with a crowd that was ready for some action. Lots of great near falls, highspots, and reversals before Lynn reverses it for the pin with a Tornado DDT. This match was very over with the crowd as the first "MLW! MLW! MLW" chant breaks out.

Commercial for MLW's May 9 Orlando show at Tabu airs. They also announce other upcoming dates including: June 20th in Fort Lauderdale, July 26th in Orlando, and August 23rd in Tampa. Good to see they are going monthly starting in May.

We come back from the commercial break with a well produced package featuring Satoshi Kojima. It gives an overview of the champ, putting over his New York City pops and encore after he won the MLW title calling it the "Encore heard around the world." They end this vignette with: "Kojimania: Established 2003. USA." Nice touch as it got over the champ as a fighting champion who is well received by fans stateside.

Behind the arena (I think) Fuego Guerrero (a.k.a. the Amazing Red) calls out Ikuto Hidaka for May 9th in a very powerful challenge. This is by far THE BEST Red promo I have seen ever. Whoever is helping with his promos in MLW has really helped him out as his TNA promos were painful.

Taiyo Kea is up next as he is preparing for his match with the Wall. While doing stretches, Kea does some trash talking and sounds like the definitive anti-All Japan conservatism showing nothing but hate for his opponent, which is cool.

Back to Joey who plugs the upcoming May 9th MLW show while 50 Cent plays in the background. I love the fact that they are playing current music like ECW used to. Real nice touch.

Commercial break.

We return from commercial with an "Extreme Horsemen" music video entitled "Rise of the Horsemen" that had me pumped like I haven't been in years. They mixed Metallica's "Sad but true" with Kid Rock and made for a holy sh*t video chronicling the origins of the Horsemen and attacks on Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes at previous shows.

Cut to Joey who informs us that the MLW (Global Tag Team Crown) tag team tournament starts in two weeks on Underground(!). So we are already getting heads up on matches coming in two weeks. Imagine that?! Brackets to be announced next week.

We then cut to a Los Maximos promo that was really funny. I never knew the Maximos had any real comedy in them and it worked. They argued and bickered over who should start the promo and then got bleeped for cursing(!) in a pretty comical segment that basically set up their upcoming match in Orlando against Nosawa & ?.

Next match: Taiyo Kea vs. Jerry Malice Tuitte. Kea enters to Korn and uses some fancy kicks and legwhips to take down the Wall/Malice. Crowd pops, Kea wins his debut in MLW and looks pretty good with a northern lights suplex.

Commercial break.

Back, there is another killer music package featuring System of a Down for La Parka vs. Sabu for MLW's next show on May 9. They pretty much push "extreme violence" for this one and show clips of Sabu doing his patent pointing while holding this bloodied spike(!).

Cut to Samoan Island Tribe explaining how they were black-balled by every other company so they have come to MLW to beat up anyone who gets in their way. They also say that they are not from the islands but from the streets.

Backstage, Steve Corino challenges Terry Funk to a match on May 9. In what I would consider one of Corino's best promos, he