You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
CBS, Stern and Sirius Settle Their Suit [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : CBS, Stern and Sirius Settle Their Suit

Judge Smails
05-24-2006, 08:33 PM
<p><a href="http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/24/stern-cbs-sirius-cx_gl_0524autofacescan12.html" target="_self"><font size="4"><span class="mainarttitle"><strong>Stern, CBS Reportedly Settle 'Sirius' Suit</strong></span></font></a></p><p><font size="1"><span class="mainarttitle">Apparently this happened late&nbsp;Wednesday and details are still sketchy or totally lacking.</span></font></p><p><font size="1"><span class="mainarttitle">From the article:</span></font></p><font size="1"><p><br /><strong>But on Wednesday, the two camps metaphorically shook hands: A court clerk told journalists that legal representatives announced an agreement. The clerk had no particulars to divulge. <br /><br />The office of Stern's lawyer, Peter Parcher, confirmed to The Associated Press that the sides had settled--but she noted that no deal had been inked yet. Parcher was not available to comment. <br /><br />A Sirius spokesman told Forbes.com that, &quot;The settlement agreement is not signed. We will release a </strong><strong>statement when it is.&quot; <br /></strong></p><p>MODS: I know there's probably already a Stern lawsuit thread but I'm damned if I can find it.&nbsp; Lock this bad boy up if you feel its unneccesary.</p></font>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by judge_smails on 5-25-06 @ 12:34 AM</span>

Reephdweller
05-25-2006, 02:22 AM
<p>The lawsuit created another interesting, unforeseen entanglement of sorts: CBS is the new terrestrial home of the Opie and Anthony show. Moonves' firm airs a somewhat scoured version of their program, which is still going strong--and uncensored--on <strong>XM Satellite Radio</strong> (nasdaq: <a href="http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/compinfo/CompanyTearsheet.jhtml?tkr=XMSR">XMSR</a> - <a href="http://www.forbes.com/markets/company_news.jhtml?ticker=XMSR">news </a>- <a href="http://www.forbes.com/peopletracker/results.jhtml?startRow=0&name=&ticker=XMSR">people </a>), the market-leading key rival to Sirius. <br /><br />The O&amp;A duo apparently has been engaged in a long-running feud with Stern, to whom they're often compared by the unaffiliated--or uninterested--public. Each &quot;side&quot; bears its own army of mystifyingly zealous fans, who maintain their counterparts' inferiority and their own show's exalted status. (Full disclosure: This writer doesn't enjoy talk radio.) <br /><br />Hey, as they said when radio-waves were still just a mysterious scientific concept: That's what makes a horserace. <br /></p><p><a href="http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/24/stern-cbs-sirius-cx_gl_0524autofacescan12.html?partner=yahootix">http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/24/stern-cbs-sirius-cx_gl_0524autofacescan12.html?partner=yahootix</a></p>

newport king
05-25-2006, 05:19 AM
<strong>Stern's lawyer, Peter Parcher</strong> <p>&nbsp;</p><p>is his <strike>lawyer</strike> acountant, batman?</p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by newport king on 5-25-06 @ 9:23 AM</span>

Death Metal Moe
05-25-2006, 05:21 AM
<strong>newport king</strong> wrote:<br /><p>&nbsp;</p><strong>Stern's lawyer, Peter Parcher</strong> <p>&nbsp;</p><p>is his lawyer batman?</p><p>Don't you mean Spiderman?</p>

newport king
05-25-2006, 05:22 AM
fuck...no i meant to put accountant.

pennington
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
<p>Let me go out on a limb here and make a prediction:</p><p>Even if this costs Stern millions of dollars between the settlement and lawyer's fees, he will spin this&nbsp;to be a MAJOR VICTORY for him. How HE brought CBS TO THEIR KNEES. How he HUMILIATED LES MOONVES. How they BEGGED FOR HIM TO RETURN but he said NO. Blah blah blah...</p><p>I can't believe I once&nbsp;was a fan of this guy.</p>

pennington
05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
The O&amp;A duo apparently has been engaged in a long-running feud with Stern, to whom they're often compared by the unaffiliated--or uninterested--public. Each &quot;side&quot; bears its own army of mystifyingly zealous fans, who maintain their counterparts' inferiority and their own show's exalted status. (Full disclosure: This writer doesn't enjoy talk radio.) <br /><br /><p>Full disclosure: You're also a Putz.</p>

JustJon
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
<p>&nbsp;</p><strong>pennington</strong> wrote:<br />The O&amp;A duo apparently has been engaged in a long-running feud with Stern, to whom they're often compared by the unaffiliated--or uninterested--public. Each &quot;side&quot; bears its own army of mystifyingly zealous fans, who maintain their counterparts' inferiority and their own show's exalted status. (Full disclosure: This writer doesn't enjoy talk radio.) <br /><br /><p>Full disclosure: You're also a Putz.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>So you are referring to a quote from forbes.com in the second person as if he'll read it here and respond?&nbsp;</p>

pennington
05-25-2006, 11:29 AM
<strong>JustJon</strong> wrote:<br /><p>So&nbsp;you are referring to a quote from forbes.com in the second person as if he'll read it here and respond?&nbsp;</p><p>Yes, that's exactly right. You saw through my plan.</p>

Don Stugots
05-25-2006, 12:52 PM
full disclosre: i am sure he knew what he was posting.

full disclosre: its a joke

full disclosre: i think i spelled disclosre wrong

Judge Smails
05-26-2006, 12:25 PM
<p><a href="http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CBS_HOWARD_STERN?SITE=1010WINS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT" target="_self">Some more details came out - and they seem favorable to Hoo Hoo</a></p><p><strong>Shock jock Howard Stern regained control of the master tapes from the last 20 years of his terrestrial radio program in a Friday settlement of the contentious lawsuit brought by his former bosses at CBS Radio.</strong></p><p><strong>Stern's new employer, Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., agreed to pay $2 million to CBS Radio in return for the rights to the classic recordings, according to a statement released by both sides.</strong></p><p><strong>&quot;As part of the settlement, CBS Radio will receive payments relating to the conveyance of its rights in the recordings of `The Howard Stern Show,'&quot; the statement read. &quot;Sirius, for its part, will make a total payment of $2 million related to this conveyance.&quot;</strong></p><p><strong>The remaining details of the settlement remained confidential, according to the statement.</strong></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Only $2 million for 20 years worth of master recordings? &nbsp;- Not a bad deal.</p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by judge_smails on 5-26-06 @ 4:25 PM</span>

rruffian
05-26-2006, 02:20 PM
<font size="3">Hoo Hoo Robin...I invented master tapes...Tellum Fred...</font>

Johnny4
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
<font size="3">Rumor has it that Stern will use the tapes for his 3rd channel &quot;Classic Stern&quot;.<br />
</font>

torker
05-26-2006, 03:48 PM
<strong>Johnny4</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="3">Rumor has it that Stern will use the tapes for his 3rd channel &quot;Classic Stern&quot;.<br /></font><p>I look forward to reliving the Jerry Lehane era.</p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by torker on 5-26-06 @ 7:50 PM</span>