You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
ROH Discussion Thread [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : ROH Discussion Thread

SpicyMcHaggis
08-06-2006, 01:15 PM
<p>Last night's ROH show in Edison got me wanting to put up a thread for it.&nbsp; Got the ok from Fallon, so here we go.</p><p>I think that Ring of Honor is my generation's ECW.&nbsp; It started as a small promotion based out of Philly that brought an alternative style to the wrestling world that many were not aware of.&nbsp; They always delivered exciting matches and introduced a puresuo element into American independent wrestling.&nbsp; Now they tour the eastern markets and are seen on international networks like the Fight Network and Wrestling Channel.&nbsp; The only difference is that these guys are self sufficient from the DVD and merch profits they make. &nbsp;</p><p>Every show is high quality production, and not just in the wrestling.&nbsp; The whole atmosphere makes you know that you are watching something different, something fresh, and something entertaining.</p><p>I followed it from the beginning ever since I heard about in 2002.&nbsp; Since then I saw Samoa Joe rise to fame, CM Punk's controversial title run while newly contracted by the WWE, including his infamous signing of the contract on the ROH World title.&nbsp; I've seen great matches that I'll never see on WWE, TNA, or anywhere else in the country for that matter.</p><p>I would love to see these guys get a show on like MSG or something, and get that underground momentum that ECW had back in their day.&nbsp;</p>

YoungJersey
08-06-2006, 01:46 PM
FINALLY!!!!! i am a huge ROH fan. i was at the show last night. im glad someone brought this up. i was at the kenta vs. loki match. un-f'n-real!

soundboardfan
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
<p>I just looked this up on youtube</p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgppTkpxCwA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgppTkpxCwA</a></p><p>Looks cool.&nbsp; A lot of TNA X Division guys.</p>

SpicyMcHaggis
08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Well the popular guys of the X-Division you see in TNA started out in ROH like Samoa Joe, Styles, Daniels, and Shelley.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Anyone going to the show at the Manhattan Center?<br />

Fatts
08-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I dont know much about ROH but i a while back i downloaded the Samo Joe / CM Punk trilogy and that was fucking unreal... thats when i started to love CM.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-29-2006, 04:36 AM
ROH definitely needs like a local tv show or something.&nbsp; Just a little more exposure won't hurt them.

walking joint
08-29-2006, 04:46 AM
<p>i've been following ROH mainly thru pwinsider and their recaps for a few years now.&nbsp; i've downloaded clips of matches, but don't own any DVDs(just can't quite justify the $$$ to the wife).&nbsp; it would be awesome if they did get some TV exposure and early on could just do recaps of the bigger feuds and title runs before actually airing current material.&nbsp; almost went down to see the CZW/ROH event, but couldn't find anyone to go down there with me.&nbsp; i've followed CZW in a similiar way and own a few of their tapes...had to own UnF'Nbelievable.&nbsp; </p><p>i've checked youtube for some cool ROH matches, but i'm sure i'm missing a few.&nbsp; if anyone can post any links to some i'd appreciate it.&nbsp; i'd love to see the CM Punk signing the contract on the title.&nbsp; thats a cool angle.&nbsp; </p>

xxxnyhcxxx
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM
I plan on going to the NYC show. I'll be in the minority of people rooting for the kings of wrestling to take the titles from Aries and Strong.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-29-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm planning on going to that show myself.&nbsp; Is at the Hammerstein Ballroom or the Manhattan Center?

xxxnyhcxxx
08-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I believe the Manhattan center.

asayresk
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
<strong>SpicyMcHaggis</strong> wrote:<br />I'm planning on going to that show myself.&nbsp; Is at the Hammerstein Ballroom or the Manhattan Center? <p>I believe its the same location.</p>

Don Stugots
08-29-2006, 02:05 PM
the manhatten center and the hammerstein are in the same place?&nbsp; wow, thats a big fucking place.

xxxnyhcxxx
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
<p>From what I heard the manhattan center is broken down into two areas. The first one is the hammerstien ballroom and the area where roh is running is the grand ballroom.</p>

Evilpete
08-30-2006, 05:17 AM
<strong>xxxnyhcxxx</strong> wrote:<br /><p>From what I heard the manhattan center is broken down into two areas. The first one is the hammerstien ballroom and the area where roh is running is the grand ballroom.</p><p>yeah, the Hammerstein Ballroom is the &quot;main&quot; part of the building, and the Manhattan Center (where ROH is probably) is the top floor of the building</p>

ROHbenECW
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
<p>Ok im new to the board, love the show. As you can tell by my screen name im a HUGE ROH and Original ECW fan. Ive never heard Fez mention ROH on the show or anything during any for the wrestling discussions well at least not recently. You think hes even seen the product.</p><p>I really think ROH has the best over all product in all of wrestling </p>