You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
VKM gimmick actually going somewhere? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : VKM gimmick actually going somewhere?

K.C.
12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
<p>I hated this when I first saw it, but apparently a couple stories broke that TNA has had B.G. and Kip James show up at WWE house shows in Tennessee the past couple days along with Vince Russo and camera crew where they've been interviewing fans, and handing stuff out and basically ripping apart WWE. </p><p>They supposedly even have gone into the shows during the HHH matches and tried to cause some incidents, although I doubt they'll ever be able to show footage of that. </p><p>Still, it's at least got me a little interested to see what's up, which is better than I thought it was going to be. </p><p>Don't get me wrong, this could and very well may still end up sucking, but I'll at least take a look now. </p>

nwm
12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
&nbsp; I must addmit that the VKM story got me to tune into the Thursday night TNA program.&nbsp; I really do not see how anyone can say that Tna will be compiton for the WWE.&nbsp; Now that vince Russo is writing for them you wil see recycled gimics that the WWE used long ago. This VKM invasion sucks and is going to get old real quick.

360legend
12-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I doubt it. Russo's not that good of a writer as it is. Thanks to him, we no longer have WCW.<br /><br />I will say that most of TNA's wrestlers are far more talented than the WWE's. Especially Raven. Why he was fired from WWE baffles me.

lleeder
12-03-2006, 03:06 PM
It has to go further than the &quot;new blood&quot; angle he did in WCW

360legend
12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
It might. I'd really like to see Lash Leroux in TNA though. He's the most charismatic wrestler from WCW never to have been in WWE.<br /><br />Anyone know why DDP retired?

lleeder
12-03-2006, 03:21 PM
<strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />It might. I'd really like to see Lash Leroux in TNA though. He's the most charismatic wrestler from WCW never to have been in WWE.<br /><br />Anyone know why DDP retired? <p>He realized &quot;self high five&quot; was never gonna get over and he better quit before his wife smartened up.</p>

K.C.
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
<strong>lleeder</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />It might. I'd really like to see Lash Leroux in TNA though. He's the most charismatic wrestler from WCW never to have been in WWE.<br /><br />Anyone know why DDP retired? <p>He realized &quot;self high five&quot; was never gonna get over and he better quit before his wife smartened up.</p><p>His wife did smarten up...they're divorced. </p><p>In fact, if&nbsp;you've ever seen &quot;40 year old virgin,&quot; Kimberly Page is the older chick who exposes her tit to Steve Carell during the dating round-up scene. </p><p>Although she's got to be pushing 40 in that...there's a much better Playboy spread of her from about 10 years ago. </p>

360legend
12-03-2006, 03:35 PM
<strong>lleeder</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />It might. I'd really like to see Lash Leroux in TNA though. He's the most charismatic wrestler from WCW never to have been in WWE.<br /><br />Anyone know why DDP retired? <p>He realized &quot;self high five&quot; was never gonna get over and he better quit before his wife smartened up.</p><p>Well, yeah. But that was post WCW. He had a major push in WCW, then was misused in WWE. Similar to Raven, but that was because McMahon hadn't had anyone with Raven's gimmick before...no idea how to use him past the Hardcore division.</p>

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 03:38 PM
i loved lodi and lashey as the west hollywood blondes.&nbsp; too bad WCW management cut that off at the balls.

360legend
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I wonder how much better WWE would be right now if they just raided Ring of Honor. Those guys in ROH blow apart anybody in the WWE. (ROH is where TNA has a lot of people from.)

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
lordsofpain.net is reporting that RVD and Sabu want out of WWE.&nbsp; i would like to see them go to TNA with FONZIE as their manager form a stable with Rhino and called HARDCORE.

K.C.
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
<strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />I wonder how much better WWE would be right now if they just raided Ring of Honor. Those guys in ROH blow apart anybody in the WWE. (ROH is where TNA has a lot of people from.) <p>That's not the point, with them, though. First, they don't believe the wrestling style that ROH and TNA wrestlers use sells on a big stage. C.M. Punk is kind of proving them wrong right now, but they often just ignore it when that happens. </p><p>The other thing they don't believe is that wrestling ability matters. Vince is more obsessed with a guy's look. That's why the chose to sign a guy like Chris Masters instead of trying to lock down Samoa Joe. </p><p>WWE will never change its style until someone topples them as the #1 company. </p>

360legend
12-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Sabu's going to end up being fired, and RVD won't renew his contract. They'll both be in TNA next year.<br /><br />And if Sabu leaves...ECW's gonna suffer a major hit.<br /><br />Hey Vince, see why you should have kept Raven?!

360legend
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
<strong>K.C.</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />I wonder how much better WWE would be right now if they just raided Ring of Honor. Those guys in ROH blow apart anybody in the WWE. (ROH is where TNA has a lot of people from.) <p>That's not the point, with them, though. First, they don't believe the wrestling style that ROH and TNA wrestlers use sells on a big stage. C.M. Punk is kind of proving them wrong right now, but they often just ignore it when that happens. </p><p>The other thing they don't believe is that wrestling ability matters. Vince is more obsessed with a guy's look. That's why the chose to sign a guy like Chris Masters instead of trying to lock down Samoa Joe. </p><p>WWE will never change its style until someone topples them as the #1 company. </p><p>True, but TNA has the same high-flying style WCW had when WCW was number 1 in the industry. Vince made a huge mistake in not getting Samoa Joe, and since TNA now has Kurt Angle (Possibly the best in the entire industry period) I think TNA'll be competing within the next year or so.<br /><br />They really just need to move out of Orlando and actually promote their product with live shows instead of taping two weeks in advance.</p>

K.C.
12-03-2006, 04:25 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br />lordsofpain.net is reporting that RVD and Sabu want out of WWE.&nbsp; i would like to see them go to TNA with FONZIE as their manager form a stable with Rhino and called HARDCORE. <p>Sabu supposedly burned some bridges on his way out of TNA. And RVD probably won't get released anytime soon unless he gets arrested a few more times. </p><p>If that's true, though, that must mean WWE made a decision&nbsp;to make ECW &quot;more WWE-like&quot; and phase out the originals. </p><p>That sucks for ECW's future. </p>

360legend
12-03-2006, 04:31 PM
True, but a bunch of sites're reporting that TNA's still interested in him. RVD is said to be miserable in ECW, so I think he's on his way out once his contract runs out.

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 04:36 PM
burnt bridges can be mended if it means ass in the seats.&nbsp;

360legend
12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br />burnt bridges can be mended if it means ass in the seats.&nbsp; <p>YES! Exactly! TNA NEEDS Sabu. And the Sandman to get a feud with Raven going.</p>

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM
man, i would love to see Raven and Sandman go at it again.&nbsp; Their fued was one of the best ever.&nbsp; the ring action and the promos for it were classic.

360legend
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Raven's promos are always awesome.<br /><br />I think Mordecai would do well in TNA once he gets out of the Kevin Thorn gimmick in ECW...so would Gangrel, wherever he is.<br /><br />I think a Kevin Thorn/Gangrel feud would be really good.

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
<strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />Raven's promos are always awesome.<br /><br />I think Mordecai would do well in TNA once he gets out of the Kevin Thorn gimmick in ECW...so would Gangrel, wherever he is.<br /><br />I think a Kevin Thorn/Gangrel feud would be really good.<p>&nbsp;two rival vampire factions.&nbsp; cool idea.<br /> </p>

360legend
12-03-2006, 06:34 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />Raven's promos are always awesome.<br /><br />I think Mordecai would do well in TNA once he gets out of the Kevin Thorn gimmick in ECW...so would Gangrel, wherever he is.<br /><br />I think a Kevin Thorn/Gangrel feud would be really good. <p>&nbsp;two rival vampire factions.&nbsp; cool idea.</p><p>You know it. It'd be better with the whole Ministry of Darkness too.</p>

Don Stugots
12-03-2006, 06:39 PM
army of darkness vs the creatures of the night

360legend
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Exactly.

King Imp
12-04-2006, 08:44 AM
<strong>K.C.</strong> wrote:<br /><p>In fact, if&nbsp;you've ever seen &quot;40 year old virgin,&quot; Kimberly Page is the older chick who exposes her tit to Steve Carell during the dating round-up scene. </p><p>Holy shit, that was her? I did not recognize her at all. She looks different now. Then again, I was staring at that tit thinking it looked great, so I was kinda distracted. </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

tnbt23
12-04-2006, 08:55 AM
if you've watched TNA over the past year or so, you can see that Raven is a mere shell of his former self. Creatively he might be in his best fram of mind, but from a performing standpoint, he's gotten to be quite unbearable to watch. I've watched the guys career since the Scotty &quot;the Body&quot; days and to see where he is now is just heartbreaking.... Its amazing how guys like Flair, Piper, Anderson and all those other 80's legends lived the liquor and coke lifestyle for most of their careers and yet they can still move around and be somewhat coherent (with Jake Roberts being a noteable exception). Now these young guys are dropping like flies after only a few years of living the hard life.... damn rookies.. lol

360legend
12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
That's true...but Raven is still very very good as a performer. Sure he's slowed down, but the man's Sting's age. And Sting still moves pretty well for a guy his age.<br /><br />Sting wears the Crow gimmick better than the guy who played the Crow in that movie. Anyway...I think he's getting resigned to TNA.<br /><br />And Steiner's gone, I think.

cougarjake13
12-05-2006, 02:12 PM
<strong>360legend</strong> wrote:<br />That's true...but Raven is still very very good as a performer. Sure he's slowed down, but the man's Sting's age. And Sting still moves pretty well for a guy his age.<br /><br />Sting wears the Crow gimmick better than the guy who played the Crow in that movie. Anyway...I think he's getting resigned to TNA.<br /><br />And Steiner's gone, I think. <p>steiners still on tna's website roster not that it means anything</p><p>he hasnt been in the ring for months</p>

K.C.
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
<p>Yeah, I'd agree that Raven's best days are behind him, but he's still a pretty good and underrated wrestler even with all the health problems he's had. </p><p>Although, I don't think he's been on TV since the Monster's Ball match a couple PPVs back. Must be working with Johnny Fairplay on a pitch for E-Lo for a radio show. </p>

cougarjake13
12-06-2006, 02:24 PM
<strong>K.C.</strong> wrote:<br /><p>Yeah, I'd agree that Raven's best days are behind him, but he's still a pretty good and underrated wrestler even with all the health problems he's had. </p><p>Although, I don't think he's been on TV since the Monster's Ball match a couple PPVs back. Must be working with Johnny Fairplay on a pitch for E-Lo for a radio show. </p><p>well i dont know if you wanna call it being on but every once in a while the show him in the rafters watching matches but thats pretty much all</p>

cougarjake13
12-11-2006, 02:34 PM
<p>only saw brief clips on TNA's website but VKM did their best paul levesque and micheal hickenbottom impression at the ppv and offered vinnie mac and dx&nbsp;a 1 million dollar challenge</p><p>vkm wins then dx has to go away</p><p>dx wins they get the money and get to keep on doing their skits</p>

Don Stugots
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
<strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><p>only saw brief clips on TNA's website but VKM did their best paul levesque and micheal hickenbottom impression at the ppv and offered vinnie mac and dx a 1 million dollar challenge</p><p>vkm wins then dx has to go away</p><p>dx wins they get the money and get to keep on doing their skits</p><p>&nbsp;in a real fight?&nbsp; sorry, i just dont get it.&nbsp; i understood the DX invading WcW and they were looking for a fight, they wanted to kick someones ass and were ready to get their asses kick.&nbsp; this to me is dumb.&nbsp; these two guys are going to take on HHH and Shawn in a fight?&nbsp; in a wreslting match?&nbsp; Dx is going to job out?&nbsp; sorry, if i am missing something please explain. &nbsp; </p>

cougarjake13
12-12-2006, 01:45 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><p>only saw brief clips on TNA's website but VKM did their best paul levesque and micheal hickenbottom impression at the ppv and offered vinnie mac and dx a 1 million dollar challenge</p><p>vkm wins then dx has to go away</p><p>dx wins they get the money and get to keep on doing their skits</p><p>&nbsp;in a real fight?&nbsp; sorry, i just dont get it.&nbsp; i understood the DX invading WcW and they were looking for a fight, they wanted to kick someones ass and were ready to get their asses kick.&nbsp; this to me is dumb.&nbsp; these two guys are going to take on HHH and Shawn in a fight?&nbsp; in a wreslting match?&nbsp; Dx is going to job out?&nbsp; sorry, if i am missing something please explain. &nbsp; </p><p>thats all the details i got right now, i'm guessing its for a match and not a real fight but i dont see vince ever entertaining the idea of letting this happen</p>