You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Why TNA will win in the end [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Why TNA will win in the end

TjM
12-06-2006, 06:10 AM
<p>&nbsp;Because Vince seems to not give a **** how bad his product is anymore. </p><p>&nbsp;From 1wrestling</p><span class="content">&quot;There were mixed emotions backstage yesterday after <a href="http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=26821#" target="_top" onclick="adlinkMouseClick(event,this,0);"><font color="#0000ff" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: static"><span class="kLink" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: relative">Paul </span><span class="kLink" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: relative">Heyman</span></font></a> was sent home by Vince McMahon. Some were shocked, others said they had seen it coming. One person we talked to said it was only a matter of time because Paul stood up for what he believed and McMahon isn't used to having someone do that to him. </span><span class="content"><p>Another person we spoke to said he had gotten to know Paul the last couple of years after never having worked directly with him before, and found him to be &quot;an interesting and brilliant&quot; guy and said he was sorry to see him leave. </p><p>Virtually everyone involved in the <a href="http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=26821#" target="_top" onclick="adlinkMouseClick(event,this,1);"><font color="#0000ff" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: static"><span class="kLink" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: relative">ECW</span></font></a> &quot;brand&quot; seems to be upset with the current state of affairs. Even the &quot;new&quot; members of the roster are frustrated and angry about the way the way things are going. </p><p>Rob Van Dam is especially frustrated, and reports have surfaced from people who sat near her that his wife joined other fans who turned their back on Lashley when he won the elimination chamber <a href="http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=26821#" target="_top" onclick="adlinkMouseClick(event,this,2);"><font color="#0000ff" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: static"><span class="kLink" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: relative">match</span></font></a>. Some reports also report that she joined in the TNA chants that were heard on the broadcast. Van Dam's contract is reportedly up in late Spring/early Summer and he will be difficult to re-sign given the current direction. </p><p>One person I talked to about the <a href="http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=26821#" target="_top" onclick="adlinkMouseClick(event,this,3);"><font color="#0000ff" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: static"><span class="kLink" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 12px; color: blue! important; font-family: Arial; position: relative">pay-per-view</span></font></a> debacle said &quot;I was embarassed to be a part of it&quot;. </p><p>Heyman was said to have been vocal before, during, and after the pay-per-view in telling Vince McMahon that the show was a disaster, but McMahon ignored him. McMahon apparently didn't realize until Monday what a disaster the show was. Instead of conceding to Heyman that his warnings were right, McMahon chose to send him home.&quot;</p></span>

K.C.
12-06-2006, 06:14 AM
<p>You know...I've always been someone who believed 'Vince always wins in the end,' but I'm starting to see everything that's been happening in WWE the last couple years as possibly the beginning of the end...or at least the end of their dominance of wrestling. </p><p>Vince seems like he's losing his mind. WWE today is starting to become eerily similar to the company in 94-95 right before WCW took over as #1. </p><p>I think TNA has an opportunity...whether or not they can capitalize with guys like Jarrett and Russo running the company is another thing...they should hire Heyman as soon as he becomes contractually available. </p>

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 06:17 AM
its bullshit that he was the one to take the hit but i guess if someone had to then it would be him.&nbsp; Its not like vince or his kids are going to take the blame.&nbsp; the WWE is reverting to the mid 90's all over again with lame storylines and play it safe programming.&nbsp; I hope Heymen returns to wrestling wheather its on his own or working for someone else.&nbsp; if someone had some $$$ wanted to get into the business, this is the man you want.&nbsp; also, i would be avalible for play by play.

willisjackson
12-06-2006, 07:26 AM
<font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete.&nbsp; They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet.&nbsp; They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers.&nbsp; They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows.&nbsp; A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font>

TjM
12-06-2006, 09:35 AM
<p>4 words for TNA</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;Paul Heyman as&nbsp;Booker</p>

JustJon
12-06-2006, 09:35 AM
<p>&quot;Sabu got screwed Sunday night&quot; -RVD</p><p>Heyman gone</p><p>Big Show gone</p><p>RVD on his way out</p><p>Sabu on his way out&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Guess ECW is&nbsp; losing the E and the W</p>

TjM
12-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Vince needs more people like Paul. He needs people who will tell him &quot;Vince you're Effing crazy that idea is pure shite&quot;

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 09:41 AM
<strong>JustJon</strong> wrote:<br /><p>&quot;Sabu got screwed Sunday night&quot; -RVD</p><p>Heyman gone</p><p>Big Show gone</p><p>RVD on his way out</p><p>Sabu on his way out </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Guess ECW is losing the E and the W</p><p>&nbsp;without a doubt.</p>

cougarjake13
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
<strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete.&nbsp; They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet.&nbsp; They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers.&nbsp; They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows.&nbsp; A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p>

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 02:16 PM
<strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete. They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet. They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers. They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows. A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p><p>&nbsp;The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, team Canada. </p>

cougarjake13
12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
<p>now this may sound crazy and i don't want to give vince too much credit </p><p>but</p><p>what if he is purposely tanking and as a by product letting TNA grow and develop so he can have some competition other than himself ?</p><p>just a thought</p>

cougarjake13
12-06-2006, 02:22 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete. They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet. They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers. They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows. A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p><p>&nbsp;The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, team Canada. </p><p>AMW yeh but the naturals havent been anything since before tna went off the weekly ppv thingy</p><p>team canada i guess together but since the break up the only one we ever really see is eric in his best eugene impression and occasionally booby roode</p>

ShelleBink
12-06-2006, 02:32 PM
<strong>TjM</strong> wrote:<br />Vince needs more people like Paul. He needs people who will tell him &quot;Vince you're Effing crazy that idea is pure shite&quot;<p>&nbsp;A lot of high profile people need friends like that.</p>

epo
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete. They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet. They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers. They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows. A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p><p>&nbsp;The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, team Canada. </p><p>Don't forget Samoa Joe.</p>

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
<strong>epo</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete. They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet. They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers. They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows. A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p><p> The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, team Canada. </p><p>Don't forget Samoa Joe.</p><p>&nbsp;SHIT!!!&nbsp; i did forget about him.&nbsp; sorry.&nbsp; he is a great wrestler.&nbsp; he is a guy that vince will wish he had.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>cougar, Vince is not going to let them get built up for the sake of compet_tion.&nbsp; he would rather crush them now and get it over with.&nbsp;</p>

lleeder
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
<strong>JustJon</strong> wrote:guess ECW is&nbsp; losing the E and the W <p>What does the c stand for thats left: crap, cock, cunt...?</p>

Kevin
12-06-2006, 04:52 PM
TNA will never win because they have dumb as dog shit people running it. IT WILL NEVER WIN. Dumb awful announcers and stupid backstage bits. God they bug me. WE JUST GOT A NOTE FROM MANAGMENT,DId ya??,(no you didnt) WE JUST GOT WORD THAT SOMETHITHING IS GOING ON BACKSTAGE?&nbsp;DO&nbsp;WE HAVE A CAMARA BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!&nbsp;OF COURSE YOU DO,YOU BUNCH OF Audio Reeshy's,euukk!!!!! <span class="post_edited"></span>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by Kevin on 12-6-06 @ 9:00 PM</span>

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 04:59 PM
whats reeshy got to do with it.&nbsp; If and its a bif if, they hired paul heymen to run the show, it would go somewhere.&nbsp; i dont think that woould happen.

Kevin
12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br />whats reeshy got to do with it.&nbsp; If and its a bif if, they hired paul heymen to run the show, it would go somewhere.&nbsp; i dont think that woould happen. <p>Reesh uses alot of !!!!!!!!!! which to me means screaming</p>

Don Stugots
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
<strong>Kevin</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br />whats reeshy got to do with it. If and its a bif if, they hired paul heymen to run the show, it would go somewhere. i dont think that woould happen. <p>Reesh uses alot of !!!!!!!!!! which to me means screaming</p><p>&nbsp;oooooooohhhh.</p><p>don west cant help but yell he is the home shopping channel baseball cards guys.&nbsp; the other guy is a dick. &nbsp;</p><p>they are too old school with keeping up the fasade.&nbsp;</p>

The Jays
12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
The problem with Vince is that when a good thing comes along, he'll run it into the ground and beat every dead horse into glue. He strikes gold when he gives leeway and allows other people contribute to their character, lets some charisma shine, and has interesting storylines. WWE has been going downhil ever since the WCW buyout. Wrestlemania 17 is the last great PPV, the high water mark, and since then, it's been McMahon and nothing else, except what he could sign.

What needs to happen is a contraction; the product is too saturated, too over produced, and too little wrestling. They should focus less on what's on tv, and make more matches meaningful; no more having the house shows feel like going to see a concert; make the matches matter, not just replay the televison storyline. Build up local indies, go to a regional system again; get fans more involved and more in connection with the wrestlers they see, and actually will want to support.

cougarjake13
12-07-2006, 04:21 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>epo</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>willisjackson</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="2">TNA has got a long way to go before they can compete. They have the talent, but the shows just aren't entertaining yet. They need to develope some characters that people will care about and lose those hack announcers. They have great young talent that they need to build on instead of allowing old WCW and WWE guys to dominate the shows. A couple of curves in their storylines would be nice too; it seems so obvious who will win every match that I have seen.</font> <p>yeh other than aj styles and the fallen angel chris daniels i cant think of any other non wwe/wcw people that are big names</p><p>The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, team Canada. </p><p>Don't forget Samoa Joe.</p><p>&nbsp;SHIT!!!&nbsp; i did forget about him.&nbsp; sorry.&nbsp; he is a great wrestler.&nbsp; he is a guy that vince will wish he had.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>cougar, Vince is not going to let them get built up for the sake of compet_tion.&nbsp; he would rather crush them now and get it over with.&nbsp;</p><p>i think it would please vince more to let them get established and big that when it means more when he crushes them</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Scottyflamingo
12-09-2006, 12:17 PM
<p>&nbsp;</p><p>It is going to take a lot for TNA to &quot;win in the end&quot;.&nbsp; The only company to every come close was WCW and that was from 1997-1999.&nbsp; About two years.&nbsp; Everyone else has been buried.&nbsp; Right now TNA is doing the same in the ratings as pre-buyout ECW did on TNN.&nbsp; Smackdown is doing slightly more than double that, and RAW is 3 to 4 times bigger.</p><p>&nbsp;For them to grow 4 times bigger it is going to call for some aggressive changes like Bischoff did with WCW.&nbsp; They are gonna have to sign not just one big name, but several.&nbsp; When WCW got on top, they were bringing in a big name every month.&nbsp; Hogan, Savage, Piper, Hall, Nash, etc.&nbsp; TNA will have to get more than just Kurt Angle.</p><p>&nbsp;If Heyman, RVD, and Sabu came in, that would be a start, but really they are gonna need someone like The Rock to truly get everyone's attetion.</p><p>Is it possible?&nbsp; Anything is possible, but I'm saying it is gonna be an uphill battle for TNA to get close to touching WWE.</p>

cougarjake13
12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
<strong>Scottyflamingo</strong> wrote:<br /><p>&nbsp;</p><p>It is going to take a lot for TNA to &quot;win in the end&quot;.&nbsp; The only company to every come close was WCW and that was from 1997-1999.&nbsp; About two years.&nbsp; Everyone else has been buried.&nbsp; Right now TNA is doing the same in the ratings as pre-buyout ECW did on TNN.&nbsp; Smackdown is doing slightly more than double that, and RAW is 3 to 4 times bigger.</p><p>&nbsp;For them to grow 4 times bigger it is going to call for some aggressive changes like Bischoff did with WCW.&nbsp; They are gonna have to sign not just one big name, but several.&nbsp; When WCW got on top, they were bringing in a big name every month.&nbsp; Hogan, Savage, Piper, Hall, Nash, etc.&nbsp; TNA will have to get more than just Kurt Angle.</p><p>&nbsp;If Heyman, RVD, and Sabu came in, that would be a start, but really they are gonna need someone like The Rock to truly get everyone's attetion.</p><p>Is it possible?&nbsp; Anything is possible, but I'm saying it is gonna be an uphill battle for TNA to get close to touching WWE.</p><p>angle is definitely a start, maybe big show soon as well</p><p>but i like your idea of the rock he has no ties with the wwe anymore and he could come in once every 2 weeks film a few episodes and go back to whatever movie set he's on</p>

Don Stugots
12-09-2006, 01:31 PM
hell even if the rock did some promotion for TnA and never wrestled it would help them.

cougarjake13
12-09-2006, 01:32 PM
<strong>STUGOTS1</strong> wrote:<br />hell even if the rock did some promotion for TnA and never wrestled it would help them. <p>it would help but it would def help more if he was more involved in the ring</p>

ralphbxny
12-11-2006, 02:46 PM
<p>TNA has better workers. WWE has the money and the machine behind it. TNA will have to work double as hard to do it or get bought out.</p>

havok1200
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
<p>There was a reason why ECW had a following, and TNA does on occasions pick up on it. I don't agree with a 6 sided ring but that's me. TNA has had some matches that blew away big time WWE PPVs. One was ABYSS v. SABU in a barbed wire ring. That was more extreme than any match in this 2nd incarnation of ECW. (I watch it only in hope that it will somehow turn around to it's former glory.) Some of the skits are just F'n terrible but WWE is the same but not as bad. They shoot right out of Orlando FL and the flag burning thing was so awful. Tap into the realism of today! Make people believe! ECW delivered this back in the day. Use what's around you! Stop with the BS of fantasy wrestling. </p><p>TNA right now is teetering on becoming a bigger blip on the radar. Enhance what you got and I can see them giving WWE a run for their money. </p><p>BTW what the F--- with 4 PPVS in 2 months. And the 1st ECW PPV to suck the biggest hog ever. 2 matches announced with a bunch of BS filler matches that would never even be shown on free TV.</p>

cougarjake13
12-21-2006, 03:20 PM
<strong>havok1200</strong> wrote:<br /><p>There was a reason why ECW had a following, and TNA does on occasions pick up on it. I don't agree with a 6 sided ring but that's me. TNA has had some matches that blew away big time WWE PPVs. One was ABYSS v. SABU in a barbed wire ring. That was more extreme than any match in this 2nd incarnation of ECW. (I watch it only in hope that it will somehow turn around to it's former glory.) Some of the skits are just F'n terrible but WWE is the same but not as bad. They shoot right out of Orlando FL and the flag burning thing was so awful. Tap into the realism of today! Make people believe! ECW delivered this back in the day. Use what's around you! Stop with the BS of fantasy wrestling. </p><p>TNA right now is teetering on becoming a bigger blip on the radar. Enhance what you got and I can see them giving WWE a run for their money. </p><p>BTW what the F--- with 4 PPVS in 2 months. And the 1st ECW PPV to suck the biggest hog ever. 2 matches announced with a bunch of BS filler matches that would never even be shown on free TV.</p><p>yeh i couldnt believe that the wwe put on 4 ppvs in 2 months and if a fanatic wrestling fan likes both promotions then that would have been 6 ppv's in 2 months who the hell has that kinda money</p><p>fuck most people prob cant afford the one ppv a month</p>