You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Wrestling DVD Thread [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling DVD Thread

K.C.
12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
<p>There's two I've been watching currently. </p><p>I finished the 'Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80s' DVD. I didn't think it'd be good, but I was really surprised at how much a liked it. It basically bios about a dozen different stars from the era and has some sweet NWA and WWE matches as extras. The bio pieces are weird in that they walk a fine line between revealing behind the scenes stuff and keeping up the gimmick of each guy. My only complaint is no Randy Savage bio in it. </p><p>The one I'm watching right now is 'Bret Hart: The Best is, the Best there was, the best there ever will be.' Just finished the documentary part. One of the best ones WWE has done by far. Now I'm on to some of the matches. There's some awesome ones on there like him vs. Mr. Perfect at Summerslam '91 and vs. The British Bulldog in Wembley Stadium at SS '92. </p><p>Anyone got any recommendations for other DVDs? </p>

Don Stugots
12-27-2006, 01:52 PM
i keep meaning to pick up the ultimate ric flair collection and the roddy piper dvd must i always forget.

Fallon
12-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Monday Night Wars and the ECW one are must watches.

reeshy
12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I got Monday night wars.....simply fabulous!!!!

K.C.
12-27-2006, 04:00 PM
<p>'The Rise &amp; Fall of ECW' is great. </p><p>But if you get that, you have to check out 'Forever Hardcore' from Shane Douglas's production company (Big Vision Entertainment, I think). </p><p>The WWE one focuses a lot on guys like Tazz, The Dudleys, RVD, and Paul Heyman. </p><p>Shane's is look at ECW through the eyes of guys like Raven, Sabu, Sandman,&nbsp;Terry Funk, Joey Styles,&nbsp;Shane Douglas, Francine, etc...basically everyone who wasn't involved in the WWE project. </p><p>And there's a lot of differences between the two in subject matter in that each touches subjects the other didn't. </p><p>Between the two, WWE's and Shane's, they paint a good picture of the company as a whole. </p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by K.C. on 12-27-06 @ 8:02 PM</span>

cougarjake13
12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
rise and fall and monday night wars are the last 2 i have bought and are great

Don Stugots
12-28-2006, 02:34 PM
<strong>reeshy</strong> wrote:<br />I got Monday night wars.....simply fabulous!!!!<p>&nbsp;could you burn me a copy?</p>

tnbt23
01-10-2007, 06:55 AM
I highly recommend the Ric Flair Anthology, the Dusty Rhodes DVD and the Pillman DVD

who6489
01-16-2007, 07:01 AM
<p><font size="2">Just got done with &quot;The History Of the WWE Chanpionship&quot;. It's pretty good, but doesn't show many of the title matches.(None of the wins from Taker, Macho, Yoko, Flair, Diesel , Sid, Brock) It does have a cool montage at the end of disc 1 of every pin to win the belt since the early 70's to Edge winning in early '06.</font></p><p><font size="2">It starts with Koloff/Morales in '71 and ends with the Triple Threat from Vengeance '05 with Cena,Y2J &amp; Christian.</font></p><p><font size="2">Also have the Flair, Hart, Benoit, &amp; Warrior sets (all very good), along with &quot;The Monday Night Wars&quot;, &quot;Rise And Fall Of ECW&quot;, &amp; &quot;Bloodsport ECW&quot;</font> </p>

WNEWstinks
01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
I kid you not. The Super Star Billy Grahm dvd is great. I wasn't around to see him wrestle, but I gave the dvd a shot...One of my favs.

K.C.
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
<strong>Don Stugots</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>reeshy</strong> wrote:<br />I got Monday night wars.....simply fabulous!!!! <p>&nbsp;could you burn me a copy?</p><p>Here you go, Stugots...you can watch the MNW DVD along with a bunch of others online right here:</p><p><a href="http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&amp;category_uid=889">http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&amp;category_uid=889</a></p><p>I hope you remember this gift when you seize power and&nbsp;become the head of the RonFez.net fanily so that I will not be part of 'The Great Purge' </p>

Don Stugots
01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
<strong>K.C.</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Don Stugots</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>reeshy</strong> wrote:<br />I got Monday night wars.....simply fabulous!!!! <p> could you burn me a copy?</p><p>Here you go, Stugots...you can watch the MNW DVD along with a bunch of others online right here:</p><p><a href="http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&amp;category_uid=889">http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&amp;category_uid=889</a></p><p>I hope you remember this gift when you seize power and become the head of the RonFez.net fanily so that I will not be part of 'The Great Purge' </p><p>&nbsp;you just came off the purge list.&nbsp; welcome to my organization.&nbsp; </p>