You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2007 [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2007

sleepyeyed_Jynx
01-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Does anyone else have the game? I'm not really impressed with it. They overhauled the entire wrestling engine and complicated every aspect of the game. Also, it's nearly impossible to determine when is the best time to reverse a grapple, which leads to the computer having it's way with you. And I still can't pull off Shelton's run-up clothesline in a ladder match. It always ends with my character missing the guy on the ladder.<br />

cougarjake13
01-15-2007, 10:36 AM
<p>if its as bad as you say then i wont pick it up</p><p>how much is it like 50 bucks ???</p>

sleepyeyed_Jynx
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
<strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><p>if its as bad as you say then i wont pick it up</p><p>how much is it like 50 bucks ???</p><p>&nbsp;The game isn't a total failure. There are some additions that are well received. Fighting in the crowd, the new righ-analog controlled grapple system, and a larger roster are some notable uprgrades. But the game still feels underwhelming to me. I'm starting to get into it by playing the story-mode with Angle. One of the few reasons why I'm still playing, is to unlock Curt Henning, and the ECW Arena so I can recreate the showdown between Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow. </p>

who6489
01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
<p><font size="2">I buy it when it first comes out every year. Overall, I think it's better. I'm a slave to the original control system, so I stuck with that (you put it to original (setup C, I think) in&nbsp; control options).&nbsp;</font></p><p><font size="2">Lot's of luck tryin' to get the ECW arena. I've unlocked everything BUT that. You have to play an exhibition &quot;Money In The Bank&quot; match in Legend mode to unlock it. I've tried a bunch of times with different guys and no luck.</font></p><p><font size="2">The online mode is better. Not as much hacking as before, BUT they got rid of the chat rooms.</font></p><p><font size="2">The only thing that still sucks is the load times, and the commentary is screwed up with JR and King. They call the wrong moves for the wrong guys alot.</font> </p>

sleepyeyed_Jynx
01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
<strong>who6489</strong> wrote:<p><font size="2">Lot's of luck tryin' to get the ECW arena. I've unlocked everything BUT that. You have to play an exhibition &quot;Money In The Bank&quot; match in Legend mode to unlock it. I've tried a bunch of times with different guys and no luck.</font></p><p>&nbsp;It took me two days to get it. I put the computer's sliders down and won it with RVD about a half hour ago. My god, Taz's entrance made me mark out as if it were really him. I can tell the developers are Taz fans since the recreated his ringwalk complete with the bad attitude and black towel over his head. </p><p>I just fought in two matches with Bam Bam for the FTW World Heavyweight Championship. The first match, Bam Bam dominated and won. Second match, I beat the shit out of him and choked him out in the middle of the ring. Taz lives! <br /> </p>

asayresk
01-17-2007, 08:21 PM
<p>The addition of Dude Love, Mr Perfect and Dusty Rhodes&nbsp;to the legends mode makes the game worth buying.I hope the next addition would have the ultimate warrior or Owen Hart.</p>

who6489
01-18-2007, 06:25 PM
<p> It took me two days to get it. I put the computer's sliders down and won it with RVD about a half hour ago. My god, Taz's entrance made me mark out as if it were really him. I can tell the developers are Taz fans since the recreated his ringwalk complete with the bad attitude and black towel over his head. </p><p>I just fought in two matches with Bam Bam for the FTW World Heavyweight Championship. The first match, Bam Bam dominated and won. Second match, I beat the shit out of him and choked him out in the middle of the ring. Taz lives! <br /> </p><p>&nbsp;<font size="2">I'll try with RVD, and see what happens. I did turn the sliders down. That was the only way I was able to win the &quot;4 faces of Foley&quot; challange match.</font></p><p><font size="2">Yeah, Taz's entrance is great. I tried so hard to get something that looked like a towel when I created him last year. Also lovin' that Bam-Bam is in it!</font> </p>

who6489
01-18-2007, 06:34 PM
<strong>asayresk</strong> wrote:<br /><p>The addition of Dude Love, Mr Perfect and Dusty Rhodes to the legends mode makes the game worth buying.I hope the next addition would have the ultimate warrior or Owen Hart.</p><p>&nbsp;<font size="2">SO GLAD Mr. Perfect is in it. I don't know why they havn't put Owen in yet. They'll never put in Warrior. Too much bad blood, and Warrior owns the rights to his likeness. He's in the &quot;Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling&quot; game that came out a few years ago. It's very cartoony, but fun. It's got almost everyone from the 70's - 90's on it.</font></p><p><font size="2">I wish they'd put in Bobby Heenan &amp; Macho Man. They also should have put Jake the Snake back in this year as a regular legend. Not a PSP only download like last year.&nbsp;</font> </p>

sleepyeyed_Jynx
02-10-2007, 12:55 PM
<p>does anybody go online with this?</p><p>im tired of playing against cheaters </p>

MrPink
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Does anybody have trouble with the loading times? They weren't that bad at first, but about a month after I got it, they just kept getting longer. Now it just gets stuck on the match loading screen. Looks like I better rent a copy from Blockbuster and switch mine with Blockbuster's.

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by MrPink on 2-10-07 @ 5:18 PM</span>

LilLibra
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
<p>Usually when I buy a SD game, I'm addicted to it. I play until I've completed every challenge, unlocked and bought everything there. </p><p>This one disappoints. I'm still in the middle of my first season. In previous games, I would've been done within a few weeks of buying but I just can't sit down and find the desire to finish.</p><p>And because I'm female I do prefer creating female characters to use. But with every new game, more and more options for female wrestlers are removed from gameplay.&nbsp;</p><p>Very disappointing. I wonder if I'll buy the next game (which was never a question before.)&nbsp;</p>

Tenbatsuzen
02-15-2007, 08:26 AM
<p>Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.&nbsp; Once you slap on the English patch, it's the BEST WRESTLING GAME IN THE WORLD PERIOD.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

TjM
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
<p>Got it for the 360.</p><p>Complicated?? They made it much smoother and more natural. </p>

TjM
02-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Allthough Ladder matches absolutley suck

who6489
02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
<strong>sleepyeyed_Jynx</strong> wrote:<br /><p>does anybody go online with this?</p><p>im tired of playing against cheaters </p><p>&nbsp;<font size="2">I go online once in awhile. The cheating isn't as bad on this one. Last years was pathetic.</font></p><p><font size="2">Jynx, what's your name on it, we can hook up. I'm who6489 (big shock). I'm off on Mondays, so that's when I get a chance to play.</font> </p>

who6489
02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
<strong>TjM</strong> wrote:<br />Allthough Ladder matches absolutley suck<p>&nbsp;<font size="2">Mine's for PS2 and yes, the ladder matches suck. By the time you finally grab hold of the belt, you get pulled down.<br /></font></p>