You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
TNA: how would you book their TV?? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : TNA: how would you book their TV??

WNEWstinks
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I would have to go the old ECW rought. I would have 2 or 3 matches, not squatches.
Some build up for the PPVs.
Small features of the guys not in matches.

They have all of the talent, but too many things on tv at once. I love Russo, but he's disapointing me this time around...Come on Vinny Ru I'm pulling for you, do your thing.

JoeYaDeadHomey
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
<p>fire vince russo.</p><p>i bought that ppv last night, but EVERY SINGLE THING that was going well on that ppv last night got FUCKED UP and had RUSSO ALL OVER IT!</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>that VKM promo was very amusing, and then having christy hemme come out with that retarded promo. so many other things just ecck.</p><p>fire russo, thats a way to start, stop focusing on outside guys. christian has proved hes a tna guy, he was a star in wwf, and became a world champ with tna, and earned that spot there. why does kurt get to come in and fight him next month for the strap? what about joe? hes a star there, hes one of the most over guys in the company and he's still without the strap.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>bullshit, they just keep making the same mistakes every wrestling company makes and im just tired of it...&nbsp;</p>

K.C.
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
<p>Outside of common sense stuff like fire VKM, or slap a muzzle on Mike Tenay, there's not much different you can do. </p><p>An hour isn't long enough to do everything you need to with a wrestling program. You either have matches and sacrifice building angles, or build angles and sacrifice quality matches. </p><p>Until the show goes two hours, they're always going to be stuck in that regard. So it's hard to blame them. </p>

tnbt23
01-16-2007, 06:50 AM
<p>my my my, how the monday night wars have spoiled you all!!! ECW only had 1 hour shows and often times only&nbsp;had 1 to 2 matches and a bunch of promos for an episode. Remember WWF Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, the old World Class, GWF and AWA shows on ESPN? They were all one hour shows and did phenomenal jobs in getting the talent over and progressing story lines. Adding a second hour isnt really the solution, sometimes that just adds to the overall suckiness of the product.&nbsp;Nitro added a 3rd hour and the first hour ended up being&nbsp;godawful pretaped interviews.&nbsp;You have to leave your audience wanting more. What TNA has to do is recreate that &quot;cliffhanger-style&quot; television that has people clammoring to tune in the next week to find out what happens. i know that in this day of spoilers and pre-taped shows that's difficult, but maybe they need to rethink they're tv taping plan. I personally thought that their weekly ppv shows were tons better than anything that they have put out since then. </p><p>or maybe im just expecting too much....</p>

WNEWstinks
01-16-2007, 08:37 AM
I just read the impact spoilers and guess what, their having an aj styles-kurt angle match...it said it lasted all of 5 minutes,before the editing.

I'm all for the match, but I want them to have a longer match, I know they want to save the match for ppv, but come on. Impress us with good matches on impact then i'll buy the ppvs. When I hear shit like that, I don't want to watch impact, let alone the ppv.

Bob Impact
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
<strong>WNEWstinks</strong> wrote:<br />I would have to go the old ECW rought. I would have 2 or 3 matches, not squatches. Some build up for the PPVs. Small features of the guys not in matches. They have all of the talent, but too many things on tv at once. I love Russo, but he's disapointing me this time around...Come on Vinny Ru I'm pulling for you, do your thing.<p>&nbsp;I swear I remember a LOT of sqaushes in early ECW and not many matches per show, but I may be out of my mind. </p>