You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Best heel Ev er: Tully Blanchard [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Best heel Ev er: Tully Blanchard

RonMwangaguhunga
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
YouTube is the best for old school rasslin. You know, the high school arena in the early to mid 80s in the smokey mountains:<div><br /></div><pre><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Courier; font-size: 12.948px"></span></pre>

Team_Ramrod
01-31-2007, 10:44 PM
<p>Is&nbsp;your heel pick&nbsp;based&nbsp;on&nbsp;anything other than You Tube?</p><p>Gorgeous George?</p><p>Vinnie Mac?</p><p>Bobby Heenan?</p><p>Nikolai Volkoff?</p><p>Iron Sheik?</p><p>Rick Flair?</p><p>Owen Hart?</p>

foodcourtdruide
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
<p>The Rock?</p><p>Piper?</p><p>Rick Rude?</p>

Don Stugots
02-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Tully was one of the best but not THE best.&nbsp; Flair, Arn, Piper, Owen Hart, The Rock are above him on the list.&nbsp; Keep in mind that this is coming from a big Horseman mark.

blakjeezis
02-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Ted DiBiase?

Earlshog
02-01-2007, 05:38 AM
<p>I won't repeat people who were already listed... here is some more mindless fodder</p><p>Original Undertaker</p><p>Mr Perfect</p><p>HHH is a much better heal then face</p><p>WWF Jeff Jarret</p><p>Edge and Christian were great</p><p>Jericho was great as an annoyance in WCW</p><p>ECW Dudleys</p>

RF Godfather
02-01-2007, 09:29 AM
FLAIR! No contest!

BoondockSaint
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
<p>How has The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff not been mentioned yet?</p>

ralphbxny
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
<strong>BoondockSaint</strong> wrote:<br /><p>How has The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff not been mentioned yet?</p><p>or his uncle Ivan was a monster in his day! Beat Bruno in the garden clean!</p>

riverofpiss
02-01-2007, 03:52 PM
<p>People hated The Genius.</p>

RonMwangaguhunga
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Two of Tully's feuds -- no, 3 -- really made me a Tully Mark˙<div><br /></div><div>First, he was a strange looking motherf#er. He had clairol-ish red hair and an evil grin. He was small by wrestling standards, maybe 228 lbs -- but cocky. Third, he faught big babyfaces and won! Almost always by these elaborately designed cheats. There was an almost geometric beauty to his cheats. Fourth, he had a valet &quot;BabyDoll,&quot; a 6'3 blonde chick that used to slash at Tully's opponents with a studded leather bracelet.˙</div><div><br /></div><div>Tully Blanchard was BRILLIANTLY evil. Tully turned Wahoo McDaniel -- one of the most astonishingly evil characters -- into a heel.</div><div><br /></div><div>The 3 feuds were</div><div><br /></div><div>1) Tully Versus Dusty Rhodes. This feud may be my all-time favorite. On paper Dusty would mop the floor with Tully. Both West Texas state football players, the similarities end there. Big Dust was over 300 lbs. Tully 228. Big Dust was superfast with the handwork, a mean brawler, and, when occasionm merited, a fine amateur wrestler.˙</div><div><br /></div><div>But Tully could cheat. In this feud, which began for the NWA Tv title, Tully used EVERYTHING. The ropes, Baby Doll's studded bracelet. Barbed wire. To get the title. And once he won it, Tully would run around the ring in rematches to run the clock. It took Dust half a year to regain the title.</div><div><br /></div><div>2) Tully Versus Magnum TA. This is old school right here. Tully won Magnum's US title through, as always, scientific cheating, of which he was a master. He could use the ropes for leverage to get a pin (out of the referees eyesight) like a champ.</div><div><br /></div><div>But the kicker -- as with Dusty -- was how Tully would run the clock in rematches. Tully had this gimmick of offering $10,000, which he carried in a manpurse -- to anyone who could beat him in 10 mins. Then, Tully would spend the first 10 minutes running out of the ring, hoping to run the clock. As soon as the ten minutes elapsed, he got SUPERAGGRESSIVE.</div><div><br /></div><div>This got him UNBELIEVABLE heat in the Carolinas. His ring psychology was ferocious.</div><div><br /></div><div>3) Tully Versus Rick Steamboat. This here is so old school that it's okay if you don't remember it. It was early 80s. Steamboat was the goldenboy, scientific high flier. Tully was the bigot West Texas punk, cocky, scientific, cheater. These two had matches that were choreographed by the Devil. Real natural heat and &quot;hatred&quot;</div><div><br /></div><div>This is one of the all-time greatest Carolinas feuds, alas it ended too short.</div>

conman823
02-09-2007, 08:44 PM
<p>Bobby &quot;The Brain&quot; Heenan</p><p>-Never played a face.</p><p>-Had heat in ALL parts of the country and abroad</p><p>-Would even get more heat then some of the guys he came out with.</p><p>-Vince needed him to turn Andre heel.</p>

MikeB
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Lawler was able to work some of the smartest fans in wrestling history to the point any of them still would spit on him if they got the chance. Of course if you go by those standards you might throw in Shane Douglas but I still think The King in ECW was one of those moments where he set the standard.

epo
02-10-2007, 08:54 AM
<p>I gotta tell ya that Tully was a helluva heel.&nbsp; </p><p>Most people don't remember, but before the Horsemen, Flair &amp; Tully were on the opposite site of a solid feud.&nbsp; Tully got Wahoo McDaniel to turn heel...and Flair &amp; Dusty were the babyfaces.&nbsp; The feud was hot because Tully carried the heel side of the feud and were quite vicious.&nbsp; </p><p>Now eventually we know that Flair turned heel and joined forces with Bully giving birth to the Horseman...but it was Tully that made that feud hot.&nbsp; </p>

The Nature Boy
02-11-2007, 09:06 PM
<p>Tully was right there was WWF Dibiase in my book.</p><p>&nbsp;There have been lots of great heel characters who weren't great heels due to their face pops.&nbsp; Austin, Hart(1997), Flair, Undertaker, Savage, nWo, etc were good at heeling, but weren't great heels because they drew the face heat to flip them quite frequently or at least not be purely hated.&nbsp; Tully and Dibiase were great heels who were also very unlikeable and rarely drew face pops.&nbsp; </p><p>&nbsp;Shane Douglas ECW was almost at this level, which is a chore considering the smarky crowd.</p>

BoondockSaint
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Piper's been stabbed by fans three times.&nbsp; That says something.

Don Stugots
02-12-2007, 03:43 AM
<strong>BoondockSaint</strong> wrote:<br />Piper's been stabbed by fans three times. That says something.<p>&nbsp;before WMI, i thought people were going riot at MSG when he attacked Lauper and hit Mr. T in the head.&nbsp; no one was more hated in the WWF them him at the time.&nbsp; i remember sitting on the living room floor watching him and just loved it. &nbsp; </p>

BoondockSaint
02-12-2007, 03:52 AM
<strong>Don Stugots</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>BoondockSaint</strong> wrote:<br />Piper's been stabbed by fans three times. That says something. <p>&nbsp;before WMI, i thought people were going riot at MSG when he attacked Lauper and hit Mr. T in the head.&nbsp; no one was more hated in the WWF them him at the time.&nbsp; i remember sitting on the living room floor watching him and just loved it. &nbsp; </p><p>After he hit Snuka with the coconut people wanted to kill him.&nbsp;&nbsp; But I think the stabbings all came before he was in the WWF when he was in different territories.&nbsp; I read a story once where he said that Andre liked him so much that Andre bled for him.&nbsp; And I think he may be the only person Andre bled for.&nbsp; That says something about Piper.</p>

ralphbxny
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Bobby Heenan was my all time fav. Those who have wwe 24/7 and dont know him...should look it up. Even if ya do you will see how awesome it was.

cougarjake13
02-14-2007, 03:23 PM
i know they're no way on par with some great heels of the past but i'm really loving edge in the wwe and christian in tna