You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Hiring Temps [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Temps

LtBoogaloo
04-19-2001, 04:01 AM
What has happened to the work ethic of the country when after 2 weeks a person no longer wants to work at a job because "it's not satisfying"? Why aren't people more devoted to their job, or at least to the idea that it's putting money in their pocket?
I blame TV and poor family structure for convincing people that they can quit a job at a drop of a hat and not care about consequences.

HordeKing1
04-19-2001, 02:59 PM
LtBoogaloo - Work ethic is the belief in work as a moral good while job satisfaction is obtaining enjoyment from working. Few would argue that work is not necessary, but I challenge anyone to justify work as a "moral" imperative. Given this, the entire concept of work "ethic" is artificial (as is the concept of all morals in general). It's interesting therefore that we've chosen the words "work ethic" to describe the ideal attitude towards work. I believe this to be a means of putting the most positive spin on the large blocks of time we must devote to work when we'd rather be doing anything but. But remember that work is necessary so it's hardly surprising that we attempt to gain satisfaction from the work we do. Wanting or even needing "job satisfaction" is a positive healthy goal. Even employers have come to recognize this. A person who likes what they're doing will be much more productive than a person who doesn't.