You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Midnight Rider wrestling video anyone? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Rider wrestling video anyone?

moochcassidy
02-04-2007, 09:58 AM
<p>has anybody seen video of dusty rhodes/ midnight rider in action in the ring.</p><p>apparently it was NWA in '83 soon after his defeat of ric flair for the strap that he was unmasked (i dont think there was an official unmasking but there is video of rhodes being seen without the mask in the locker room)</p><p>cant find any on youtube..is there any place where you can buy wrestling vids online? </p><p>thanks buddays </p>

STC-Dub
02-04-2007, 10:22 AM
I remember watching him on TV, but have seen no visioe available on the web, not that I have looked.

moochcassidy
02-04-2007, 10:50 AM
<p>is it not wierd that there is no video of such a big name?</p><p>ive checked a few dusty rhodes best of dvds and they dont mention the rider either.</p><p>it would be cool if peeps kept there eyes open for a clip so i can make a wee vid for the unmasking </p><p>(not that im insinuating that they will ever catch the rider of course)&nbsp;</p>

tnbt23
02-06-2007, 03:57 AM
i'd recommend checking out some wrestling torrent sites or my personal favorite:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.bbrownvideo.com" target="_blank" title="Here">http://www.bbrownvideo.com</a>

twelvecumber
02-06-2007, 05:57 AM
I haven't been able to find any video either,&nbsp; there are a few decent pictures on obsessedwithwrestling.com

The Nature Boy
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
<p>This was an enormous ommission on the Dusty DVD set, unless they are still portaying the gimmick to the hilt that Dusty was NOT the Midnight Rider.&nbsp; Which would be fine if we could get Rider DVD.&nbsp; He had two runs that I can tell, 1983 in Florida which I never saw nor remember.&nbsp; His title win there as I recall was that he beat Flair for the strap, but was ordered to unmask(Dusty had either been suspended or lost a loser leaves town match).&nbsp; Being that Dusty was going to be suspended for life if he unmasked, he gave up the belt and thats an unrecognized reign for Big Dust and loss for Flair.</p><p>&nbsp;The second run came after he defended Magnum TA from a beatdown by the Horsemen and took a baseball bat to Tully and Arn in the TBS Studios.&nbsp; If memory serves, Big Dust was the U.S. Champion then, he was stripped of the title and there was a 7 man tornament.&nbsp; I believe he was put on the shelf for 90 days and he may or may not have competed in that tornament, but I know Barry Windham, recently turned heel, won it.&nbsp; I remember there was a stipulation I think at a crockett cup match where Dusty had to be in the Midnight Rider's corner for a match, against Windham or Tully I believe(maybe Flair, one of the Horsemen).&nbsp; It was probably Windham in a title versus mask match and the Rider lost and it was revealed to be The Italian Stallion, who was conservatively, 80 lbs lighter than Dusty at that time.&nbsp; That was the last of the Rider that I know of until he blew up that Santa Fe trail Daddy into the XM Studios.</p>

Don Stugots
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
<strong>The Nature Boy</strong> wrote:<br /><p>This was an enormous ommission on the Dusty DVD set, unless they are still portaying the gimmick to the hilt that Dusty was NOT the Midnight Rider. Which would be fine if we could get Rider DVD. He had two runs that I can tell, 1983 in Florida which I never saw nor remember. His title win there as I recall was that he beat Flair for the strap, but was ordered to unmask(Dusty had either been suspended or lost a loser leaves town match). Being that Dusty was going to be suspended for life if he unmasked, he gave up the belt and thats an unrecognized reign for Big Dust and loss for Flair.</p><p> The second run came after he defended Magnum TA from a beatdown by the Horsemen and took a baseball bat to Tully and Arn in the TBS Studios. If memory serves, Big Dust was the U.S. Champion then, he was stripped of the title and there was a 7 man tornament. I believe he was put on the shelf for 90 days and he may or may not have competed in that tornament, but I know Barry Windham, recently turned heel, won it. I<strong> remember there was a stipulation I think at a crockett cup match where Dusty had to be in the Midnight Rider's corner for a match, against Windham or Tully I believe(maybe Flair, one of the Horsemen)</strong>. It was probably Windham in a title versus mask match and the Rider lost and it was revealed to be The Italian Stallion, who was conservatively, 80 lbs lighter than Dusty at that time. That was the last of the Rider that I know of until he blew up that Santa Fe trail Daddy into the XM Studios.</p><p>&nbsp;i think it was Barry and then the Rider fought JJ Dillion in a bull rope match. &nbsp; </p>

moochcassidy
02-09-2007, 04:06 AM
<strong>tnbt23</strong> wrote:<br />i'd recommend checking out some wrestling torrent sites or my personal favorite: <a href="http://www.bbrownvideo.com" target="_blank" title="Here">http://www.bbrownvideo.com</a><p>thanks..i emaied the guy.&nbsp;</p><p>cant see any in there.&nbsp;</p>

moochcassidy
02-12-2007, 12:31 AM
<h1 id="video_title"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suqn40P4VAY">Ron &amp; Fez- The Good, The Bad &amp; The Buddays</a></h1>

The Nature Boy
02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Amazing video, any chance of throwing up the raw footage of the rider ? Great work either way!

ralphbxny
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I thought this had to deal with our Big Ass fight night!

Dan 'Hampton
02-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Okay so I never watch wrestling but last night it was either that, Nascar on HSN or Doctor Phil.&nbsp; During one of the breaks they ran an add for Dusty Roads being inducted into the WWF hall of fame and I was dying laughing hearing his/MNR's lines and then to top it off a quick glimpse of Saphire.&nbsp; Good Times...