You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Flair's incredible quasi-shoot promo on Raw 2/5/07 [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Flair's incredible quasi-shoot promo on Raw 2/5/07

The Nature Boy
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
<p>In case you missed it, this was the best wrestling moment I've seen in years, Flair had just lost a tough match for the IC title and been hyping all night about how excited he was about Wrestlemania.&nbsp; Check it out, pure art:</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57HbCGhhL7o">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57HbCGhhL7o</a></p>

Don Stugots
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
<p>&quot;sometimes, i walk around here trying to figure out who i am and what my name is&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Ric Flair is just like me. i read his book a few years ago and it helped me get out of a really bad funk (not you funkman, i can never get out of you) and hearing him on that promo made me remember that book and what it meant to me.&nbsp; man i feel like crap. </p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by Don Stugots on 2-6-07 @ 5:30 PM</span>

burrben
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
that is why ric flair is the greatest

lleeder
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
<font size="3">Can I borrow that book? I think I'm in the same spot right now.</font>

Earlshog
02-06-2007, 01:45 PM
<p>that was a great Fezatorial.... </p><p>&nbsp;he really took those fat cats in Washington down a peg... </p>

Don Stugots
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
<strong>lleeder</strong> wrote:<br /><font size="3">Can I borrow that book? I think I'm in the same spot right now.</font><p>&nbsp;yes you can.&nbsp; i am serious lleeder.&nbsp; for some reason Flair's book touched me.&nbsp; it really helped me get by.&nbsp; he talks about being on top of the world, yet hating himself.&nbsp; fighting depression while fighting for his career.&nbsp; i may need to re read it. &nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

BoondockSaint
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
That was awesome.

Doctor Z
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
That was good, but it wasn't nearly the shoot he pulled out on WCW about 5 years ago.

narc
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
<p>I'm with Carlito. Who gives a rat's ass? It's PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHO WINS OR LOSES. I wouldn't mind seeing Flair getting forced out at this point. </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Tenbatsuzen
02-06-2007, 02:08 PM
<strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />That was good, but it wasn't nearly the shoot he pulled out on WCW about 5 years ago.<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&quot;FIRE ME NOW!&nbsp; I'M ALREADY FIRED!&nbsp; WHOOOO!&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

The Nature Boy
02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
<strong>narc</strong> wrote:<br /><p>I'm with Carlito. Who gives a rat's ass? It's PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHO WINS OR LOSES. I wouldn't mind seeing Flair getting forced out at this point. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I guess its as simple as, if Carlito isn't going to care, or give the perception he cares, why should we care about him?&nbsp; I think the reason Michaels and Flair to name two, are so loved, is because you can see the pride they take in their work.&nbsp; There wasn't much half assing in the majority of their careers, and that set them apart from similar guys.&nbsp; They are loved today while others have fallen by the wayside.&nbsp; I think thats why Hart, Steamboat, Austin, Dynamite, Flair and Michaels even to a lesser extent, really find it hard when their bodies betray them through age or injury and guys who could go hard every night, will loaf.&nbsp; </p><p>It's got nothing to do with the sport being worked, its got to do with what you put into it.&nbsp; You can walk through your work or look to excel.&nbsp; I would have never targeted Carlito as someone who was lazy, but I guess this speech might be telling.</p>

narc
02-06-2007, 02:34 PM
<p>No - there's no reason to believe Carlito was shooting. I know there's working out and selling it to give the crowd a show, but if he wants to leave then (even though I doubt that's really the case) who cares? I will admit to being an atypical wrestling fan though. I care about the gimmick and little else. As long as they're in the ring work doesn't completely suck, I don't much care.&nbsp; </p><p>Flair was an incredible wrestler for many a year, however he and his saggy pecs are long past due for hanging it up. I wish the fans would let him quit. </p>

SpicyMcHaggis
02-06-2007, 02:35 PM
<p>I think it was something that brings a total new element to both their characters.&nbsp; Flair still shows that even after losing a chance at the IC title, he still stays the entire show to appreciate the work the other wrestlers are doing, and not just partying around town because they don't have to be there anymore.&nbsp; </p><p>Maybe they'll have Carlito become a little more inspired by this and not have too much of a laid back attitude and be more driven.&nbsp; Flair could take his speech to other guys he feels don't have the same drive.&nbsp; Hopefully he doesn't come out to be like an ornery old man complaining about &quot;these damn kids&quot; but more like a motivator to one day come even close to the level that he was in his prime. </p>

Doctor Z
02-06-2007, 02:52 PM
<strong>Tenbatsuzen</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />That was good, but it wasn't nearly the shoot he pulled out on WCW about 5 years ago.<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&quot;FIRE ME NOW! I'M ALREADY FIRED! WHOOOO!&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p> Damn right! You know what I'm talkin about... That shit was insane. He rattled off a list of wrestlers in the back who &quot;work their asses off day in and day out&quot; and went on about the wrestling industry falling apart. Loved it.</p><p>&quot;ABUSE OF POWER!&nbsp; YOU!!&nbsp; ABUSE OF POWER!!&quot;&nbsp;</p>

<span class=post_edited>This message was edited by Doctor_Z on 2-6-07 @ 6:53 PM</span>

cougarjake13
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
<strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Tenbatsuzen</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />That was good, but it wasn't nearly the shoot he pulled out on WCW about 5 years ago. <p>&nbsp;</p><p>&quot;FIRE ME NOW! I'M ALREADY FIRED! WHOOOO!&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Damn right! You know what I'm talkin about... That shit was insane. He rattled off a list of wrestlers in the back who &quot;work their asses off day in and day out&quot; and went on about the wrestling industry falling apart. Loved it.</p><p>&quot;ABUSE OF POWER!&nbsp; YOU!!&nbsp; ABUSE OF POWER!!&quot;&nbsp;</p><span class="post_edited">This message was edited by Doctor_Z on 2-6-07 @ 6:53 PM</span> <p>any youtube video of it ???</p>

Don Stugots
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM
<strong>cougarjake13</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Tenbatsuzen</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />That was good, but it wasn't nearly the shoot he pulled out on WCW about 5 years ago. <p>&nbsp;</p><p>&quot;FIRE ME NOW! I'M ALREADY FIRED! WHOOOO!&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Damn right! You know what I'm talkin about... That shit was insane. He rattled off a list of wrestlers in the back who &quot;work their asses off day in and day out&quot; and went on about the wrestling industry falling apart. Loved it.</p><p>&quot;ABUSE OF POWER! YOU!! ABUSE OF POWER!!&quot; </p><span class="post_edited">This message was edited by Doctor_Z on 2-6-07 @ 6:53 PM</span> <p>any youtube video of it ???</p><p>&nbsp;i never seen that.&nbsp; i hope there is video of it somewhere. </p>

NortonRules
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
<p>psst...I don't know if you know this, but they're acting.&nbsp; It's not real.&nbsp; Sorry to ruin it for you.&nbsp; </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

epo
02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
<p>Abuse of Power!&nbsp; You Suck!&nbsp; I hate you!&nbsp; </p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7KRoFs-F8&amp;mode=related&amp;search=">You Tube Link Here.</a> </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Don Stugots
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
<strong>epo</strong> wrote:<br /><p>Abuse of Power! You Suck! I hate you! </p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7KRoFs-F8&amp;mode=related&amp;search=">You Tube Link Here.</a> </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;&quot;you are a son of a bitch. a son of a bitch.&nbsp; cut me off?&nbsp; fire me?&nbsp; i'm already fired.&quot;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>great stuff.&nbsp; there is no body better than Flair. &nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

Doctor Z
02-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Either that video gets cut short, or I'm combining two different shoots together in my memory.&nbsp; Cuz there was definitely one where I remember him saying something about guys who work night in and night out, and dropping a bunch of names in the WCW and even a couple of (at the time) WWF wrestlers.

epo
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
<strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />Either that video gets cut short, or I'm combining two different shoots together in my memory.&nbsp; Cuz there was definitely one where I remember him saying something about guys who work night in and night out, and dropping a bunch of names in the WCW and even a couple of (at the time) WWF wrestlers. <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7AZB7Uobw">This one maybe?</a>&nbsp; It's the final Nitro and Flair just shoots from the hip.&nbsp; It's also the interview that R&amp;F use in the opening drops.&nbsp; </p>

Doctor Z
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
<p>YES!&nbsp; Awesome!</p><p> Yeah, turns out I was combining the two.&nbsp; Both fucking GREAT.&nbsp; Nice find epo!</p>

CruelCircus
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
<strong>SpicyMcHaggis</strong> wrote:<br /><p>Flair still shows that even after losing a chance at the IC title, he still stays the entire show to appreciate the work the other wrestlers are doing, and not just partying around town because they don't have to be there anymore.&nbsp; </p><p>Well, unless he's running the Evolution gimmick... those guys left early all the time.</p><p>He is &quot;limousine ridin'&quot; Flair after all.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Knowledged_one
02-07-2007, 09:12 AM
<p>didnt Jim Cornette do a similar riff on Raw a few years back</p><p>&nbsp;Even calling out the young guys who dont work and are called legends while real legends like Flair and Steamboat arent recognized</p><p>Which i believe was him shooting on a Editorial that he put out about the wrestling business and at the time calling out WCW guys as real Legends and not WWF guys was a shock at the time as WWF was getting killed by Nitro every week</p>

yomudder21
02-07-2007, 09:22 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tenbatsuzen
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
<strong>Knowledged_one</strong> wrote:<br /><p>didnt Jim Cornette do a similar riff on Raw a few years back</p><p>&nbsp;Even calling out the young guys who dont work and are called legends while real legends like Flair and Steamboat arent recognized</p><p>Which i believe was him shooting on a Editorial that he put out about the wrestling business and at the time calling out WCW guys as real Legends and not WWF guys was a shock at the time as WWF was getting killed by Nitro every week</p><p>Wasn't that the shoot where he told Waltman that the only reason Nash and Hall kept him around is because he's funny when he pukes on himself?</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Knowledged_one
02-07-2007, 09:38 AM
<p>He may have i just remember him doing it in front of a blue screen talking about this, it was a really good shoot but i think it lost alot because it was the precursor to Cornette bringing the NWA into WWF</p><p>&nbsp;I could be wrong i am after all not a jenius</p>

Don Stugots
02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
man, i must have been drinking too much back then.&nbsp; i dont remember these for the life of me.

BoondockSaint
02-07-2007, 11:48 AM
<strong>epo</strong> wrote:<br /><strong>Doctor_Z</strong> wrote:<br />Either that video gets cut short, or I'm combining two different shoots together in my memory.&nbsp; Cuz there was definitely one where I remember him saying something about guys who work night in and night out, and dropping a bunch of names in the WCW and even a couple of (at the time) WWF wrestlers. <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7AZB7Uobw">This one maybe?</a>&nbsp; It's the final Nitro and Flair just shoots from the hip.&nbsp; It's also the interview that R&amp;F use in the opening drops.&nbsp; </p><p>That video reminds me of two things: 1)How great Flair is.&nbsp; 2)That I hate Tony Schivone almost as much as Bobby Heenan does.</p>