You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Lite Beer: Tastes Great or Less Filling? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Lite Beer: Tastes Great or Less Filling?

The Blowhard
04-19-2001, 03:21 PM
I'm so confused.

[/b]"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else" [/b][i]

HordeKing1
04-19-2001, 05:28 PM
Another excellent question long pondered by philosophers and ad-executives brought into the public forum by THE HECKLER. At first glance, "less filling," appears to be the obvious choice. We can summarily dismiss the option "tastes great." Lite beer tastes like slightly watered down piss. Even those who disagree must concede that taste is entirely subjective and thus not a true standard. The claim of "less filling" can be objectively verified by viewing the caloric contents of lite and regular beers of the same brand. A quick trip to the fridge shows that Coors Beer has an alcohol content of 5.03% with a calorie count of 41 per 100 ml. Coors Lite has an alcohol content of 4.36% with a calorie count of 30 per 100 ml. Clearly and objectively, lite beer is less filling. The problem is that you get less of a buzz and must drink more, so in the long run, lite beer is NEITHER great tasting nor less filling. (I know - it was a shock to me too. After all a deceptive commercial would never be allowed on TV, would it?)