You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Champs not wearing belts...carrying them instead [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Champs not wearing belts...carrying them instead

OralForTheChef
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Does this irritate anyone else? Why is it so rare for the champs to wear their belts? I think the only one that wears the belt regularly is Lashley.

oh_kee_pa
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
i personally like the fact that they carry it... i think it looks cooler... when the rock would throw it over his shoulder.... classic

Don Stugots
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
the Rock and Stone Cold could carry in, even the Macho Man and it would look perfect. anyone else, wear the fucking thing.

lleeder
03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I loved when Stone Cold would just throw the thing in the ring like a piece of garbage. Then just run in and start beating the fuck out of his opponent.

cougarjake13
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
it bothers me somewhat

but i guess its the tradition

ralphbxny
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Doesnt bother me either way!

I perfer a heel carry it and a Face wear it!

Bossanova
03-28-2007, 05:16 PM
It doesn't bother me bacause it seems to go along with who the champ is. Most of the guys who wear it tend to be traditionalists. What does bother me is when jerkoffs dangle it out of the trunks/pants

cougarjake13
03-28-2007, 05:19 PM
It doesn't bother me bacause it seems to go along with who the champ is. Most of the guys who wear it tend to be traditionalists. What does bother me is when jerkoffs dangle it out of the trunks/pants

i fucking hate it when nitro does that

Bossanova
03-28-2007, 05:52 PM
While we are on this topic, allow me to slightly branch out.

Does it bother anyone that every champ has his own belt design on RAW. I love that Smackdown keeps it the championship belt. I thought it was cool when Austin first did it, cause it was a fuck you to McMahon. But then Rock did it, the Edge and now Cena. I think it really cheapens the belt. I love that Triple H respect that belt mre than anything

cougarjake13
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Does it bother anyone that every champ has his own belt design on RAW. I love that Smackdown keeps it the championship belt. I thought it was cool when Austin first did it, cause it was a fuck you to McMahon. But then Rock did it, the Edge and now Cena. I think it really cheapens the belt. I love that Triple H respect that belt mre than anything

not to nic pick but cena did it before edge and he's the reasons these fucktards do it after him

hopefully if hbk wins it he doesnt make it a dx spinner belt

Don Stugots
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM

its like pissing the belt

not to nic pick but cena did it before edge and he's the reasons these fucktards do it after him

hopefully if hbk wins it he doesnt make it a dx spinner belt

and when Flair beats Shawn for it at Summer Slam, will he get a belt that looks like his old one which is the smackdown belt?

Bossanova
03-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Cougar, I knew you would pick that up. I didn't feel like saying Cene,Edge, Cena. but nice pick up.

LilLibra
03-29-2007, 05:45 AM

Just seems like it's been overdone recently. There are the chosen few who deserved personalized belts. It either went with their anti-establishment gimmick, they were awarded the honor because of their contributions to the business, or they were just too badass. I didn't mind when the US belt got a new look for Cena. I liked it. The Raw belt change took getting used to but it suits his character. When Edge did it I thought it was fuckin overkill.

The cool part about a personal belt is that it's not awarded to everybody. It puts those wrestlers in a different group. But if everybody starts changing the belt as they see fit to match their personality, then it waters down the significance of the past ones. You'd think the nameplate would be enough.

As for the original topic, I don't mind them carrying it. Does look cooler than wearing them.

cougarjake13
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Cougar, I knew you would pick that up. I didn't feel like saying Cene,Edge, Cena. but nice pick up.

you coulda just said cena and edge and most people on this board would know what ya meant