You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
TNA is so irrelevant [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : TNA is so irrelevant

K.C.
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I was a big supporter when they got on Spike...I thought we might finally get a nice alternative to WWE.

After...what...two years?...I'm ready to say pull the plug. It's embarassingly bad. It makes WCW's darkest days in 2000 when the whole thing was a complete clusterfuck look like gold in comparison.

TNA was a nice concept, when I first heard about it...it was suppose to be the alternative where it would focus solely on good wrestling and promote the guys who were the best wrestlers.

Yet it's so far from that original idea, it bears no similarity to it.

They've even made me hate every wrestler in the company. In WWE, Angle and Christian were quite possibly my two favorite people during their runs there...now, they're absolutely unwatchable.

I don't even think TNA can be saved. It's fatally flawed at every level...wrestlers, writing, people running the show...even the basic wrestling rules don't make sense half the time.

So I'm officially starting the death clock for TNA. I say the final show comes May 2008.

JesterOfSadness
04-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I haven't watched TNA in about 2-3 months. Then after hearing how bad the PPV was last night, I guess I'll continue that streak.

It's sad though because I'm a fan of Samoa Joe, and alot of the X-Division guys, but for one trying to make Double J a face is just not a way to go.

ScottFromGA
04-17-2007, 04:27 AM
TNA is junk, seriously.

I've watched it a few times and Im flabbergasted about how much it was like WCW, after Vince Russo joined. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Russo is or was behind the scenes of TNA, so its understandable that this jackass, that is so self absorbed to believe that he was the one that made all the storylines in the WWF (at the time) so successful, would run that 6th rate promotion in the ground. Look at the list of known Negative Nellies they have backstage.

1. Big Papa Pump Scott Steiner - worthless
2. Brad Armstrong - washed up
3. Sal Copp - washed up with his tag team buddy, aka New Age Outlaws rehash.
4. Kurt Angle - boy how far did he fall....
5. Jeff Jarrett - former champion of his own promotion....ugh...
6. Christian Cage - Without Edge and the 7 seconds....his bit falls flat.
7. Tyson Tomko - isnt that the guy that was giving Snitski massages?
8. Raven - his new gimmick...is just awful....seriously.
9. Jerry Lynn - King of Old School...exactly...ive always like him, too.

ok my list is running short....thats just the ones I can remember off hand. Its sad how they were trying to use old DX bits by invading the WWE, getting the crowd behind them and making it like the WWE security was blocking them from coming in. Hack material for a Hack promotion.

Chip196
04-17-2007, 04:32 AM
I was hoping this thread was about a different TNA :down:

K.C.
04-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I've watched it a few times and Im flabbergasted about how much it was like WCW, after Vince Russo joined. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Russo is or was behind the scenes of TNA, so its understandable that this jackass, that is so self absorbed to believe that he was the one that made all the storylines in the WWF (at the time) so successful, would run that 6th rate promotion in the ground.

That's the thing, though...if you read what's going on witht he promotion, it's NOT Russo, despite the fact that everyone thinks it is.

Jeff Jarrett's the guy that still makes most of the calls. That's why it's so much worse than the worse days of WCW.

Don Stugots
04-17-2007, 08:09 AM
I was hoping this thread was about a different TNA :down:

me too.

i tried to get behind TNA and I just cannot. I cant stand WWE anymore either but TNA is not the old ECW. Neither is the New ECW for that matter.

King Hippos Bandaid
04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
TNAs ring is weird and the timer doesnt help

:king:

ScottFromGA
04-17-2007, 09:23 AM
That's the thing, though...if you read what's going on witht he promotion, it's NOT Russo, despite the fact that everyone thinks it is.

Jeff Jarrett's the guy that still makes most of the calls. That's why it's so much worse than the worse days of WCW.

maybe Jeff Jarrett was trying to pick the role of "Vince McMahon" when trying to tell Russo which direction to go in. Vinnie Mac was great in that position and it showed on television with the product. Its been documented that Russo came up with the outlandish ideas, but Vince wouldnt just let anything over the air....

rumor had it, that Russo even brought up an incest angle idea between Vince and Stephanie. Quickly struck down by both the McMahons, but it would have made interesting television...but jesus christ, thats just sick.

AnnoyedGrunt
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
The problems I have wityh TNA is that they've always tried to be like the WWE in their production and storylines. In ECW they knew that they couldn't compare with the production values so they went for an indy film type of look. TNA just tries to look professional and ends up looking second rate. Their best asset was the fact their wrestling was better than Vince's but that's falling by the wayside.

ScottFromGA
04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
the only thing that TNA has going for them is the X-division....if you like that kinda action. Its great to watch, but it can become boring when all you see is people doing flips and taking huge bumps. I can see that in the south on a drunk party night out in the field....and yes, we do have bonfires.

Skarhead
04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Still has alot of good talent they just need to get sme good writers in there. Mantell, Jarrett and Russo ain't cutting it. It's gone way downhill past few months.