You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
How I'd Change... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : How I'd Change...

SpicyMcHaggis
04-19-2007, 07:16 PM
...TNA Wrestling.

First things first. I'd overhaul the entire theme of TNA.

TNA: Back to Basics

- NWA titles will be gone by next month anyways, so from now on refer to them as just world titles (e.g. World Heavyweight Championship, World Tag Team Championship). Once the NWA titles are gone, make belts similar looking but with TNA logo and then call them TNA World titles.

- Get rid of the Six Sided Ring. This is part of my theme of TNA: Back to Basics. Four sides, that's all you need.

- No rediculous gimmick matches. Cage, ladder, hardcore, fine on occassion. New gimmick match every month is rediculous. Specialty old school gimmick matches like Dog Collar matches are ok for special occassions.

- Definitive authority figure. Jim Cornette will be recognized as Commissioner of TNA Wrestling. Also, set some rules for Christ's sake. No reason for every match to be under ref's discretion. Countless times a chair shot is legal and then another time it's a DQ when nobody said anything otherwise.

- X-Division: Where do I begin? First off, if you're going to say it has no weight limits, then include wrestlers who aren't typical small acrobatic guys. People like Lance Hoyt, Ron Killings, Nigel McGuinness (from ROH) come to mind. International competitions like the World X Cup brought a lot of different talent in and a lot more exciting matches. If the X-Division had more international competition within it's own roster, you could actually have more than six wrestlers at a time competiting for one title that is barely ever developed nowadays.

- Announce team. Mike Tenay is way past the expiration date. Don West is annoying as hell nowadays. Bring in guys who can call the action, the moves, progress the story, but know when to shut the hell up every now and then and not to scream it making us think it's really important.

- Wrestling shows should be put together by WRESTLERS. I don't care if the Carter family and Panda Energy fund it. Let them pay all they want. Let them market it all they want. Don't let them take control of the show. Jeff Jarrett, despite public opinion, knows the business. While he's not the best performer, he could at least book the show a billion times better than what Vince Russo and Dutch Mantell are putting on these days.

- The iMPACT! set. Why does it have to look like the inside of a pinball machine? Replace the entire set with the one they had on the weekly PPV's (not the very first ones but later on with the more modern looking set), you get more room for seatings, to make it look like you're in an actual arena, and you can interchange the set for PPV's so that when you have replay footage it doesn't look the same every single time.

That's all I have for TNA. To me they just try to hard and push everything down your throats thinking that you MUST watch it and be interested. People want an alternative from WWE. Being an annoying, over hyped, flashy, no substance, recycled storyline copycat isn't an alternative.

Now I wanna hear what you'd guys like to do with any big fed like WWE, TNA, ECW, or even your own fed you'd create.

King Hippos Bandaid
04-20-2007, 07:00 AM
I say we make it WWE Brand # 4

Tee Hee I kid

:king:

SpicyMcHaggis
04-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone else have ideas to improve whatever they want in the wrestling world? I'm talking reasonable and something you think could actually be done.

JesterOfSadness
04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Basically make the tag division worth something.

More teams, possibly remove main eventers from the tag title seen.(It just makes it worse)

More teams, involving wrestlers who "dont have anything for them".

Lastly fire the WWE writing team and hire people with wrestling knowledge.

cougarjake13
04-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Anyone else have ideas to improve whatever they want in the wrestling world? I'm talking reasonable and something you think could actually be done.

make the IC and tag belts actually mean something and not just give it to the flavors of the week

Kevin
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Have all the McMahons out of wrestling

Don Stugots
04-24-2007, 06:17 PM

and make the tag division so strong that you have to bring back the US tag belts. Also, let ECW be ECW. get raven back on there and the dudleys. you dont have give them the belts, let them help to build the younger guys. RAVEN's Flock could help one or two guys.

get rid of the Diva's and Superstars. train the younger guys and gals how to wrestle and dont rush them to get the belts.

cougarjake13
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM

wiser words have never been spoken