You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Major WWE superstar hurt - Now with SPOILERS! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Major WWE superstar hurt - Now with SPOILERS!

The_Showstopper
05-01-2007, 10:28 PM
from prowrestlingscoops.com

What was originally planned to be a long-term title reign for The Undertaker could come to a quick halt, reports The Wrestling Observer.

The wrestler suffered a biceps tear prior to Sunday's Backlash PPV; following the match, he was in "tremendous pain."

The muscle is noticeably rolled up, which implies a complete tear off the bone and a six-to-eight month recovery period.

Undertaker committed to working a more regular WWE schedule for the purpose of long-term title reign, but if the injury is as serious as most believe, he'll be forced to drop the belt soon.

He was to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews Tuesday afternoon. After determining if Undertaker will be required to drop the belt, WWE will then have to decide whether or not it can safely be done via a match.

also

Source: The Wrestling observer Newsletter

Mark "Undertaker" Calaway's expected long-term reign as World champion is in jeopardy, not because of a booking change, but because of a torn bicep suffered before Sunday's Backlash PPV match.

Calaway will be seeing Dr. James Andrews this afternoon, but is still scheduled to appear on tonight's television show which is conveniently in Birmingham, where Andrews' works out of.

He was in tremendous pain Monday morning after the match. Because of how the muscle has completely rolled up the air, the belief is he suffered a complete muscle tear off the bone, which will require surgery and he'll be out six to eight months.

The original booking plan was for a lengthy Undertaker title run this year, and him working far more house shows than in many years. That's one of the reason he trained himself into getting so lean, which gave him added stamina and quickness on this run.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring, but that decision won't be made until Andrews sees him today.

This sux. Taker's been on fire this year and I was really enjoying him as champion.
He wants to drop the title in a match instead of forfitting it, big props there for wanting to gut it out at least for one more match. Just shows what a professional and a leader the deadman is. I jsut wonder what happens on smackdown now as to who will be the next champ. Do they hot shot back to batista, kennedy cashing in MITB, mabye someone from raw coming over ala kurt angle last year. Only thing I know is this sux big time.

SPeeDy_Freak
05-02-2007, 04:30 AM
I had the priviledge to see Undertaker perform a couple of weeks ago. He does look to be in tremendous shape and was moving very well. This injury really sucks for him as he has been carrying the SmackDown brand and he deserved to hold the title for quite some time.

Tenbatsuzen
05-02-2007, 04:40 AM
Why drop it in a match? Have him give up the belt so it sets up an angle for him that he'll "take back what's mine" when he recovers.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-02-2007, 05:14 AM
That Blows, I sat Kennedy cashes his MITB and grabz the Gold

:king:

JustJon
05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
ouch.

Fallon
05-02-2007, 09:15 AM

Kennedy made the announcement on RAW that he's waiting until WrestleMania.

K.C.
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Why drop it in a match? Have him give up the belt so it sets up an angle for him that he'll "take back what's mine" when he recovers.

Agreed...with the kind of injury he has, it'll be a bad match at best anyway.

Just announce the injury, and put the belt up in a tournament.

Tournaments work if you handle them right (WWE doesn't a lot of the time), because you can build a few new stars right away in them.

16 guys...semi-finals and finals at a PPV, rest of the matches on Smackdown. Should look like:

First Round (aka, establish the real contenders and kill jobbers)

Batista vs. William Regal
Finlay vs. Paul London
Kane vs. The Miz
?????? (Ends up being Mark Henry's return) vs. Brian Kendrick
Chris Benoit vs. Gregory Helms
MVP vs. The Boogeyman
Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero
Ken Kennedy vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

Second Round

Batista vs. Finlay
Kane vs. Mark Henry
Chris Benoit vs. MVP
Matt Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy

Semi-Finals (at the PPV)

Batista vs. Mark Henry
MVP vs. Ken Kennedy (Kennedy's not really heel anymore, since he gets so many cheers, so it won't matter, this would be the big upset I'd have to establish MVP as a top guy)

Finals (at the PPV)
Batista vs. MVP

Champion - I'd probably put the belt back on Batista for the short-term. You can have MVP, Kennedy, and Henry chase in the short-term...Kennedy cashes in his MITB at some point in the future (he ends up lying about WM24) and steals the belt and hold it until WrestleMania, where Undertaker comes back to reclaim it.

ScottFromGA
05-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Tournaments work if you handle them right (WWE doesn't a lot of the time), because you can build a few new stars right away in them.

16 guys...semi-finals and finals at a PPV, rest of the matches on Smackdown. Should look like:

Finlay vs. Paul London
Kane vs. The Miz
MVP vs. The Boogeyman

Second Round

Batista vs. Finlay
Kane vs. Mark Henry
Chris Benoit vs. MVP

Semi-Finals (at the PPV)

Batista vs. Mark Henry
MVP vs. Ken Kennedy (Kennedy's not really heel anymore, since he gets so many cheers, so it won't matter, this would be the big upset I'd have to establish MVP as a top guy)

Finals (at the PPV)
Batista vs. MVP

Champion - I'd probably put the belt back on Batista for the short-term. You can have MVP, Kennedy, and Henry chase in the short-term...Kennedy cashes in his MITB at some point in the future (he ends up lying about WM24) and steals the belt and hold it until WrestleMania, where Undertaker comes back to reclaim it.

MANNNNN Haven't you learned anything? That would never work. Why?

CAUSE IT MAKES TO MUCH FUCKING SENSE, THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry to yell....wrestling has become so unwatchable here lately that it bothers me....I love the business.

AnnoyedGrunt
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I saw this fantasy booking online and thought it could be pretty good. The only thing I'd change would be that he'd pass out from the armbar rather than submit. I can't see the Deadman Undertaker tapping out, but Foley did put him out a few times with the mandible claw.:

1) Undertaker announces that he’ll be dropping the title and everyone expects a tournament.

2) Undertaker comes to the ring to surrender the belt, but Mr. Kennedy interrupts and announces that he’s cashing in his Money in the Bank RIGHT NOW.

3) Kennedy hits Undertaker in the arm with a chair and puts him in an armbar until he submits, Michael Cole is all “That son of a bitch! He just stole the title from a one-armed man!”

4) Batista saves his longtime opponent because he respects him, fights Kennedy in so-so main events for the next few months.

5) Undertaker returns, all pissed off, gets his revenge.

Don Stugots
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Finlay vs. Paul London
Kane vs. The Miz
MVP vs. The Boogeyman

Second Round

Batista vs. Finlay
Kane vs. Mark Henry
Chris Benoit vs. MVP

Semi-Finals (at the PPV)

Batista vs. Mark Henry

Finals (at the PPV)
Batista vs. MVP

MANNNNN Haven't you learned anything? That would never work. Why?

CAUSE IT MAKES TO MUCH FUCKING SENSE, THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry to yell....wrestling has become so unwatchable here lately that it bothers me....I love the business.

holy shit, it makes so much sence that it hurts. have Taker then hold it as along as he wants and then he can put Kennedy over. Just let the streak live.

ScottFromGA
05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
holy shit, it makes so much sence that it hurts. have Taker then hold it as along as he wants and then he can put Kennedy over. Just let the streak live.

your right, Don....it does make sense........remember to tell this to the Creative Writing Team at WWE next time your in Stamford.....

Don Stugots
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
your right, Don....it does make sense........remember to tell this to the Creative Writing Team at WWE next time your in Stamford.....

i dont go to stamford, too many uptight a-holes.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
i dont go to stamford, too many uptight a-holes.

even if you Could Meet the Mesn Street Posse

cougarjake13
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
man this sucks

i was hyped that underatker was gonna be a long term champ instead of just a transitional one

my vote is that either kennedy cashes in or maybe edge or orton come over and take the belt

CYYYFYYY
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
While the tournament idea is very good I have some issues with Undertaker just dropping the belt. He is a bad ass. If he just drops the belt I can see people saying you have to take this belt form my death bead and Undertaker just gives it up. He is too much of a bad ass to give it up.

AngelofLight
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
who read this and said...what the.....whatever.

Face it Taker is a media magnet as well as a chick magnet.
Either way sites out there are buzzing with hits because of that big so call announcememt. What gets me is that the long title run he supposed to have....who says...wwe??? NOOOoooo it is on the internet and no where else.

SPeeDy_Freak
05-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Regardless of what Kennedy says, I could see him swerving the crowd by pulling an Edge-style win over taker.

As much as I would like to see them putting together a tournament like KC suggested, WWE has never been known for doing the right thing.

Given that Taker will need to drop it VERY soon, he will likely drop it in the next Smackdown. I believe it is a steel cage match. Possibly a good way for Taker to lose but not be beaten (outside interference).

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
While the tournament idea is very good I have some issues with Undertaker just dropping the belt. He is a bad ass. If he just drops the belt I can see people saying you have to take this belt form my death bead and Undertaker just gives it up. He is too much of a bad ass to give it up.

only other way i can see them doing it is if they announce his injury and have a match set up for the title and if he doesnt show up for the match then title is vacated
someone like mark henry takes him out and the wwe vacates it because he cant defend that way he's not handing it over like batista did

K.C.
05-03-2007, 01:41 PM
man this sucks

i was hyped that underatker was gonna be a long term champ instead of just a transitional one

my vote is that either kennedy cashes in or maybe edge or orton come over and take the belt

Rumor is that Orton is being shipped to Smackdown...but it's as punishment. So I can't see them putting it on him.

I think it's almost a lock the belt's going back to Batista at this point...which sucks, because it probably means a Batista/Mark Henry feud is on the horizon. That could challenge Cena/Khali in badness.

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Rumor is that Orton is being shipped to Smackdown...but it's as punishment. So I can't see them putting it on him.

I think it's almost a lock the belt's going back to Batista at this point...which sucks, because it probably means a Batista/Mark Henry feud is on the horizon. That could challenge Cena/Khali in badness.

wtf ??? i didnt even like the batista henry fued the 1st time around

if they really cared about the fans then they would have a nice fued with benoit and mr kennedy

Kevin
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
The worst part is that the WWE actually MADE more money then they thought.. So Vince is going to keep doing these awful things.. Because Wrestling fans are as dumb as Cub fans, and he knows it..

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
The worst part is that the WWE actually MADE more money then they thought.. So Vince is going to keep doing these awful things.. Because Wrestling fans are as dumb as Cub fans, and he knows it..

does mojo read the wrestling threads ???

on a good note matt cappotelli's brain surgery went well

Kevin
05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
does mojo read the wrestling threads ???

on a good note matt cappotelli's brain surgery went well

Good to hear..

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Good to hear..

yeh i dont know if he'll ever be able to get in the ring again but its good news to see he's doing ok

Don Stugots
05-03-2007, 02:27 PM

not me, i gave up on it altogether. i will wait till i see yous posting good things about it before i watch again.

Kevin
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
not me, i gave up on it altogether. i will wait till i see yous posting good things about it before i watch again.

When the McMahon's, all die..

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
When the McMahon's, all die..

you'll still have trips and tits love child

Kevin
05-03-2007, 02:50 PM
you'll still have trips and tits love child

Yea but that can be arranged.. Just plant pics of him and another chick.. And when Steph dumps him... He is out faster that Swindel....

TRIPS IS TNA!!!

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Yea but that can be arranged.. Just plant pics of him and another chick.. And when Steph dumps him... He is out faster that Swindel....

TRIPS IS TNA!!!

that would be kick ass

cougarjake13
05-04-2007, 06:43 PM
taker vs batista in a steel cage next week in pittsburgh

maybe this is how taker drops the belt ???

SpicyMcHaggis
05-05-2007, 09:10 AM
My prediction, Batista regains the title, loses it to a returning Undertaker at Summerslam.

CruelCircus
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Looks like Kennedy has a major injury himself, similar to Taker's.

Thus then, your MITB holder and new World Heavyweight Champion:

Edge.

Yay.

K.C.
05-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Maybe we'll finally get the Edge vs. Matt Hardy title match we should have gotten almost two years ago before they completely destroyed Matt's character.

At least having Edge as champ allows them to work other guys besides Batista into the fold, be it Benoit, Hardy, etc.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Looks like Kennedy has a major injury himself, similar to Taker's.

Thus then, your MITB holder and new World Heavyweight Champion:

Edge.

Yay.

Just Read that, Edge is 2 for 2 In Money in the Bank Cash Ins and Wresters are 3 for 3. looks like they should just give you the Belt if you Win MITB

ralphbxny
05-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I love Mr. Kennedy........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Kennedy. Get better soon budday!!

SPeeDy_Freak
05-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Jesus enough with the lengthy injuries already.

Bad enough that HHH has been out... to a lesser extent Ray Mysterio.... but to lose Taker and Kennedy the same week is really gonna blow.

Hopefully Benoit gets another big push in the world title hunt.... extract something positive from this.

tnbt23
05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Edgeward always seems to benefit from the injuries of others.... Hopefully this time, the company shows complete trust in him and lets him do his thing. I only wish that Lita was still in the picture so we could get the full effect of the Hardy/Lita/Edge saga. That feud had so much left in it up to and including the redemption of Lita... I say Smackdown has just gotten more gooder!! Now if only Cena turned heel and Orton became a huge face on Raw, all would be right with the world...

cougarjake13
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
somehow i dont see edge being a major force on sd!

i think he'll still be on raw more than he's on sd!

Kevin
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Jesus enough with the lengthy injuries already.

Bad enough that HHH has been out... to a lesser extent Ray Mysterio.... but to lose Taker and Kennedy the same week is really gonna blow.

Hopefully Benoit gets another big push in the world title hunt.... extract something positive from this.

Who the hell do the WWE think they are.. The Yankees??

cougarjake13
05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Who the hell do the WWE think they are.. The Yankees??

they might as well be

maybe next year it'll be Vince vs george

King Imp
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
It's not as bad as originally thought (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/kennedyupdate2)

cougarjake13
05-10-2007, 05:05 PM
It's not as bad as originally thought (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/kennedyupdate2)

i'd like to see a good edge vs kennedy feud

but who's the face ???

Heather 8
05-10-2007, 05:46 PM
i'd like to see a good edge vs kennedy feud

but who's the face ???

Face, shmace, I'd root for Kennedy. He's the one I'd want to smash in the teeth the least.

cougarjake13
05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Face, shmace, I'd root for Kennedy. He's the one I'd want to smash in the teeth the least.

i think edge is too ingrained as a heel right now so im guessing they'll bring kennedy back as a face wanting revenge on the guy who stole his MITB and injured him

we know edge didnt hurt him but im guessing thats the angle they'll use