You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Ring of Honor to comes to PPV [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Honor to comes to PPV

AnnoyedGrunt
05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
This press release is on the RoH website and has been confirmed as real. Seems like a good move for the company. I can see their buyrates being competitive with TNA but nowhere close to the WWE's. Granted TNA isn't doing that well on PPV but ROH's costs are far lower so it could work out well. However, this will probably mean that they won't be able to use TNA talent on their PPV's.

INTERNATIONAL WRESTLING PHENOMENON RING OF HONOR INKS STATESIDE TELEVISION DEALS

WITH iN DEMAND, TVN AND ECHOSTAR

PPV/VOD Distribution Deals Bring ROH into 50 Million Households

New York, May 3, 2007 - Ring Of Honor Wrestling (ROH), in association with G-Funk Sports & Entertainment, has concluded programming and distribution deals for PPV and VOD wrestling cards with iN DEMAND Networks, TVN and EchoStar Communications Corporation’s DISH NetworkTM, making the critically-acclaimed ROH brand available for the first time ever to approximately 50 million American households. The agreement calls for a card every 60 days from shows both stateside and abroad, and will premiere July 1. A total of six cards are planned throughout ‘07/’08. ROH owner Cary Silkin made the announcement today with G-Funk’s President Ken Gelman. The debut event, entitled “Respect Is Earned,” will be taped May 12 in New York City from the Grand Ballroom of the Manhattan Center, and will feature a glistening array of talent from Japan, England, the U.S. and Mexico.

Long revered by a loyal underground fan base, the Philadelphia-based ROH—currently seen on Canadian, British and Japanese TV—appeals to the disenfranchised wrestling fan fed up with storylines which seem to take precedence over the kind of powerful ring competition that ROH specializes in. ROH, in fact, is seen to have the highest level of athleticism in its field today, which recently culminated in a sweep of the 2006 Wrestling Observer awards for “Most Outstanding Wrestler,” “Best Brawler,” “Best Major Wrestling Show” (ROH took four of its Top 10) and “Best Booker.”

“Fans around the world now know that our brand of action is, indeed, the highest-flying, hardest-hitting most daring and acrobatic action presented today,” says Mr. Silkin. “We are thrilled that we can finally show a televised audience what our crowds have known for the last six years…that ROH harkens back to an earlier era of wrestling where authenticity still counted for something. There’s a magic at our shows that I, as a wrestling fan, had all but given up on.”

G-Funk Sports and Entertainment will be handling all marketing and promotion for the wrestling programs, including creation and launch of an affiliate website on May 15, www.rohaffiliates.com, which will contain easy-to-implement marketing materials and all event information. Each show will also be supported by a range of targeted national consumer advertising and promotion.

According to Mr. Gelman, “Ring Of Honor already has the respect and enthusiastic following of legions of fans around the world through their live events, but represents a fresh new entry into the world of televised wrestling. These distinctive programs will prove a welcome change-of-pace for audiences and a popular new option for cable operators and satellite providers as they expand their transactional offerings.”

Skarhead
05-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Its about time... By far the best WRESTLING company out there IMO

Skarhead
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
ROH PPV Announcement on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idgzsd6tjUU

cougarjake13
05-02-2007, 02:30 PM
heres their website

http://www.rohwrestling.com/

SpicyMcHaggis
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I can't wait. It's about time. My generation's ECW is finally getting their due. This is going to be the true wrestling alternative. Not TNA, not the fake ECW, ROH is the future. I've been a fan since it was conceived and have appreciated all that it has produced.

This is the only problem I have, and that's the fact that we'll lose talents like Austin Aries and Homicide because of TNA. Sacrifices need to be made, but these are two great talents, but they will be missed. If only Colt Cabana waited it out just a little bit longer.

epo
05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Are they still using that Chris Hero guy? I've seen some of his stuff and he seems to be an interesting combination of size, athleticism & psychology.

SpicyMcHaggis
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Hero is still a dominant member of the roster. He teamed with Claudio Castagnoli in the past as The Kings of Wrestling but now is on his own with Larry Sweeny as his manager.

Tenbatsuzen
05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
a "glistening array"? Ew.

I see a bunch of ROH mutants walking around the food court at Menlo Park Mall on the weekends. Simply the worst of the worst of wrestling fans. It seems that Ultimate Fighting took all the "cool" fans.

JesterOfSadness
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I can't wait. It's about time. My generation's ECW is finally getting their due. This is going to be the true wrestling alternative. Not TNA, not the fake ECW, ROH is the future. I've been a fan since it was conceived and have appreciated all that it has produced.

This is the only problem I have, and that's the fact that we'll lose talents like Austin Aries and Homicide because of TNA. Sacrifices need to be made, but these are two great talents, but they will be missed. If only Colt Cabana waited it out just a little bit longer.

Who knows with Aries he could make an appearance later on, since he got suspended again in TNA.

SpicyMcHaggis
05-03-2007, 03:44 AM
This is a huge risk by ROH money wise. They'll have to advertise everywhere the internet fan doesn't look so they can attract regular fans who aren't that aware of it. My fingers are crossed that they learn from the mistakes of the original ECW.

cougarjake13
05-03-2007, 12:36 PM
This is a huge risk by ROH money wise. They'll have to advertise everywhere the internet fan doesn't look so they can attract regular fans who aren't that aware of it. My fingers are crossed that they learn from the mistakes of the original ECW.

and tna in the beginning

there was no way that many people were paying the 9.95 weekly fee to see tna in the beginning

i only watched b/c my friend had a hot box and we got to see it for free

where are the non ppv events going to be televised ???

ralphbxny
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Love Roh In A Big Big Way!!!

Graham86Lynn77
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Here is the card

The Main Event
ROH World Champion Takeshi "Trish Stratus" Morishima & Bryan Danielson
vs.
Nigel McGuinness & KENTA

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Matt Sydal

Special Challenge Match
Roderick Strong vs. Delirious

Special Attraction Match
Rocky Romero vs. Naomichi Marufuji

ROH World Title Match
Takeshi "Trish Stratus" Morishima vs. BJ Shitmer
(I saw the first match in dayton, it was a funny murder to watch cause shitmer is garbage)

SpicyMcHaggis
07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
The next PPV is going to be called "Driven". Here's the poster...

http://www.gerweck.net/1rohppv2.jpg

JesterOfSadness
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Did someone take the picture of Morishima when he was eating?