You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Top Stable [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Top Stable

lleeder
05-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Whats the best wrestling stable in your opinion? I think to be a stable they need at least three members and most times have a manager/valet. I think it should be the most classic lineup that counts. Whats the best wrestling stable?

BoondockSaint
05-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Wasn't Doom just a tag team?

lleeder
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Wasn't Doom just a tag team?

Whoops I meant Dungeon of Doom.

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 03:25 PM
doom had a bunch of members but i wouldnt call that a stable

maybe he meant dungeon of doom ???
Dungeon of Doom: Kevin Sullivan, The Zodiac, The Shark, Kamala, Vader, Meng, Barbarian, Lex Luger, The Giant, Hugh Morrus, The Yeti, Konnan. Maxx.

and who the hell was triple threat ???

docgoblin
05-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm going with nWo when Sting was part of it. That was last good gimmick for the WCW. I put The Horsemen a very close second.

AnnoyedGrunt
05-12-2007, 04:09 PM

It was Shane Douglas' version of the four horsemen in ECW. It started with him, Malenko and Benoit but the most famous line up was Shane, Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
doom had a bunch of members but i wouldnt call that a stable

maybe he meant dungeon of doom ???
Dungeon of Doom: Kevin Sullivan, The Zodiac, The Shark, Kamala, Vader, Meng, Barbarian, Lex Luger, The Giant, Hugh Morrus, The Yeti, Konnan. Maxx.

I think He Meant Dungeon of Doom, the funniest stable of all time, 12 Wrestlers all hell bent on Destroying Hogan , they coldnt win one match. Loved the Yeti

:king:

El Mudo
05-12-2007, 04:14 PM
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/ECW-OneNightStand-June122005/037_edited.jpg

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
It was Shane Douglas' version of the four horsemen in ECW. It started with him, Malenko and Benoit but the most famous line up was Shane, Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido.

ahhhhh

i didnt get to see many of the original ecw

Don Stugots
05-12-2007, 04:34 PM
While i love the horsemen, I also thought that the Varsity Club and The First Family were very good second tier Stables. The Varsity Club had how many titles? The TV Title, Florida Title, Southern States Title, Tag Team Titles and I believe The US tag belts.

Don Stugots
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
While i love the horsemen, I also thought that the Varsity Club and The First Family were very good second tier Stables. The Varsity Club had how many titles? The TV Title, Florida Title, Southern States Title, Tag Team Titles and I believe The US tag belts.

plus they all were great college stars in Football & Wrestling. I may be wrong but Spivey might have been baseball.

lleeder
05-12-2007, 05:02 PM
plus they all were great college stars in Football & Wrestling. I may be wrong but Spivey might have been baseball.

Why not just edit rather than quote yourself?

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Why not just edit rather than quote yourself?

he wanted that elusive 14,800 th post

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 05:05 PM

the only spivey i know that played baseball was junior spivey

http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/857294~Junior-Spivey-2004-Studio-Plus-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Don Stugots
05-12-2007, 05:07 PM
that is not danny spivey. he had blonde hair.

lleeder
05-12-2007, 05:09 PM

And his gimmick was that he was a psychic.

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 05:09 PM

im sure you know of http://www.baseball-reference.com/

thats the only spivey that comes up

BoondockSaint
05-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Spivey was a football player. At Georgia I think.

Don Stugots
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
im sure you know of http://www.baseball-reference.com/

thats the only spivey that comes up

in college? like i said, i may be wrong or could have been the gimmick.

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
in college? like i said, i may be wrong or could have been the gimmick.

i cant find anything on him thats not wrestling related

Don Stugots
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Spivey was a football player. At Georgia I think.

i guess i was wrong. it was a long time ago.

cougarjake13
05-12-2007, 05:26 PM
i guess i was wrong. it was a long time ago.

from the looks of him it would make more sense that he was a football player than a baseball player

unless he started juicing with canseco

Dash77
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I say DX..they were unstopable & had the most impresive run of any stable, During one run they had every title the WWF had to offer and the best pic of that was Brian Pillman sitting at the RAW table with all the gold on his lap..

MikeB
05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/ECW-OneNightStand-June122005/037_edited.jpg

Agree.

And the Extreme Horsemen with Steve Corino and others.

epo
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I say DX..they were unstopable & had the most impresive run of any stable, During one run they had every title the WWF had to offer and the best pic of that was Brian Pillman sitting at the RAW table with all the gold on his lap..

Umm...I might be crazy, but Brian Pillman was never in DX.

Every title....the 4 Horsemen invented that gimmick!

http://www.rfgolds.com/Four%20Horseman-medium.jpg

CYYYFYYY
05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Can't believe evolution or the Hennan family are not listed.

Don Stugots
05-13-2007, 04:30 AM
Evolution to my stunk. The Heenan Family was great. 3 IC's champs and 2 tag champs, plus the World Champ matches. The Brain Busters, Andre & Haku, The Islanders, Bundy, Big John Studd, Patera, Orndorff, The Missing Link the list goes on and on.

Don Stugots
05-13-2007, 04:31 AM

that would be my other fav. stable, The Hart Foundation, not DX.

J.Clints
05-13-2007, 04:35 AM
I have to go with the Horsemen then the NWO and DX

cougarjake13
05-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Can't believe evolution or the Hennan family are not listed.

ahh evolution was that great

but def heenan family should be on the list

Midkiff
05-13-2007, 07:18 AM
lleeder, you forgot "pee in my butt" again!

SpicyMcHaggis
05-13-2007, 09:03 AM
To me it's always going to be the Horsemen. Without them, there would be no other stable to take precendent from.

Dash77
05-13-2007, 09:50 AM
that would be my other fav. stable, The Hart Foundation, not DX.

Your right Don, my bad....& how come they didn't make the list??

K.C.
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't even think this is close...The Horsemen by far. They were a fixture for so many years and just dominated the NWA (and WCW).

I'd give an honorable mention to the Hart Foundation, though...Bret Hart's gimmick his last year in WWE is still one of my favorites ever, and I really liked the stable.

In general, though, WWE never understood how to use stables properly. The NWA and ECW did a much better job.

cougarjake13
05-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't even think this is close...The Horsemen by far. They were a fixture for so many years and just dominated the NWA (and WCW).

I'd give an honorable mention to the Hart Foundation, though...Bret Hart's gimmick his last year in WWE is still one of my favorites ever, and I really liked the stable.

In general, though, WWE never understood how to use stables properly. The NWA and ECW did a much better job.

what was bret last gimmick

i wasnt watching around that time

K.C.
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
what was bret last gimmick

i wasnt watching around that time

He was suppose to turn heel, so he assaulted Austin at WM13 after their match when Austin refused to tap out (and then he did a run-in on the title match, too).

But Vince didn't realize that people in the U.S. would boo Bret, but that nothing he did could make the people at their international events boo him (and they did a lot of Canada and England shows back then because they weren't drawing well in the States)

So Bret basically became the anti-American, anti-WWE crusader and his gimmick was about how the American fans were just a bunch of savages who cheered for people like Austin and HBK because they were reflection of American culture.

Yeah...I know, it sounds like a bad Iron Sheik ripoff, but he played it really well and it was a lot more complex in how it was pulled off than just "American bad, foreign country good!"

And the dynamic where Bret would be cheered as this enormous hero at all their international shows, and was the most hated guy on the card at the American shows was fantastic.

Usually in wrestling, they book a top face and a top heel...just two guys. Well, Austin was booked as the top face, and HBK as the top heel...and Bret ended up getting such reactions everywhere he went that he played this kind of bizarre character caught between the two, but still on the Main Event level.

WWE's tried to recapture the gimmick several times with other wrestlers, but failed miserably. Never as good as the original.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah the New Hart Foundation (Heels) was gr8, the Anti American Angle plus Brian Pillman was superb.

:king:

ponelas park townie
05-14-2007, 12:36 AM
The New Breed was pretty good back in the glory days of ECW.

Honorable mentions to Los Boriquas & The Mean Street Posse.

Don Stugots
05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
The Triad:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/ajhewitt/wondertwinsyv8.png

epo
05-22-2007, 12:38 PM

Exactly. The old NWA/Deep South/WCW stuff was amazing. Just the work that Kevin Sullivan did was quite amazing and different. That devil worship stuff was shocking and the work with Billy Graham was great.

Hell now that I think about it, Raven's entire career could probably be considered a giant ripoff of Kevin Sullivan.

Skarhead
05-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Bwo! Bwo! Bwo!

shot of bluegray
05-29-2007, 07:09 AM
The Horsemen are icons... they carried the company for years!

DX and the nWo were the best marketed...everyone did the crotch chops and had the shirts. The HHH-Xpac, NAO version was pretty strong, and the original Hogan-Nash and Hall nWo was classic.

No Freebirds??? Gotta have Bam-Bam and Michael Hayes represented. One time, HHH gave "Dok Hendrix" props when he was interviewing him. Something like, "anyone else ask me that question, and I would kick their teeth in, but you're a 'bird, so I give you respect." Nice reference that probably flew over the marks' heads.

Love the last version of the Hart Foundation too. Neidhart playing the Double A role, Bret going Flair-llike, and Pillman/Owen doing their best Tully impersonations.

Underrated- the Jersey Triad (DDP, Canyon and Bigelow) could've been huge, but SHOCKER, WCW dropped the ball.

1st time poster, been worshipping at the shrine of Uncle Ron and Aunt Fez since their late night show first hit Northern Virginia. Looking forward to chatting with all of you soon.

conman823
06-26-2007, 11:44 PM
-New World Order

-Heenan Family

-4 Horsemen

ScottFromGA
07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm going with nWo when Sting was part of it. That was last good gimmick for the WCW. I put The Horsemen a very close second.

whats the only stable that everyone still talks about. The Four Horsemen.

WOOOOOO!!!

DX (IMO) is the 2nd best....NWO just blowed in my eyes.

gmat
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
The Nation of Domination! Farooq's the man!!

J.Clints
07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
The Nation of Domination! Farooq's the man!!

DAMN

DarkHippie
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
The NWO was what got me interested in wrestling again after a long absence. I loved the concept of a stable actually taking over the company

cougarjake13
07-03-2007, 04:17 PM
wow surprisingly no one has done it yet

so it might as well be me

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/horseracing/1999/preakness/news/1999/05/15/trainer_owner/t1_lucas_all.jpg