You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Were They Punk'd ?? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Were They Punk'd ??

RADIO-SHARK
05-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Its almost like CBS or F reeFM or who ever is in charge went out of the way to lead these guys on. SHAMEFUL.

Don Stugots
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
indeed. btw, you owe me some money.

RADIO-SHARK
05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
for what?

Don Stugots
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
for what?

oh, you know what for.

RADIO-SHARK
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
havent got the foggiest ???

mikeyboy
05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
havent got the foggiest ???

Just give him the money you got for getting past Po at the XM Studios, Shark.

Kevin
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Come on Mikey.. Snoogans got past him.. How hard could it be??

RADIO-SHARK
05-27-2007, 04:09 PM

What money???? all I got was a hard time.. I might need you as my lawyer..

Don Stugots
05-27-2007, 04:16 PM
i do think it was bullshit how they were jerked.

Kevin
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
i do think it was bullshit how they were jerked.

I know this is going to be a bit unpopular.. But they knew what they were getting into.. They knew what they went through with CBS/INF.. in the past, And they went back.. They took the money.. More power to them.. But they knew what they were getting into.. Its like signing with Vince. Or Working for Stienbrunner.. You make a lot of money.. But you know what your getting into.. Its fucked up.. But thats the case..

BoondockSaint
05-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I know this is going to be a bit unpopular.. But they knew what they were getting into.. They knew what they went through with CBS/INF.. in the past, And they went back.. They took the money.. More power to them.. But they knew what they were getting into.. Its like signing with Vince. Or Working for Stienbrunner.. You make a lot of money.. But you know what your getting into.. Its fucked up.. But thats the case..

I think you need to look at what forum you are in.

Don Stugots
05-27-2007, 04:33 PM

kev, we are refering to CT & JIVIN. they got spit.

Kevin
05-27-2007, 04:35 PM
kev, we are refering to CT & JIVIN. they got spit.

Shit!! Sorry.. I am so fucking mixed up this weekend.. I have exams next week for some shit and deadlines for my book... Not to mention the state of my Yankees.. My apologies..

mikeyboy
05-27-2007, 04:35 PM

I think he's talking about CT and Jivin, not Ron & Fez. CT and Jivin got promised the 9 - midnight slot this coming week, "until further notice". Little did they know that the format flip was coming and they wouldn't spend another day in the promised slot. I would venture that management, knowing the flip was coming, promised the slot to CT and Jivin (who are local, and Jivin already works for the station) so someone else wouldn't have to break travel plans, etc. when the flip happened. It also wouldn't seem suspicious when they didn't have a bunch of new people lined up for the slot in the coming weeks.

Kevin
05-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I think he's talking about CT and Jivin, not Ron & Fez. CT and Jivin got promised the 9 - midnight slot this coming week, "until further notice". Little did they know that the format flip was coming and they wouldn't spend another day in the promised slot. I would venture that management, knowing the flip was coming, promised the slot to CT and Jivin (who are local, and Jivin already works for the station) so someone else wouldn't have to break travel plans, etc. when the flip happened. It also wouldn't seem suspicious when they didn't have a bunch of new people lined up for the slot in the coming weeks.

Yea.. Those poor guys really got screwed.. I feel really bad for them.. Hopefuly things will change.

Don Stugots
05-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Shit!! Sorry.. I am so fucking mixed up this weekend.. I have exams next week for some shit and deadlines for my book... Not to mention the state of my Yankees.. My apologies..

no need to do the Greaseman. i was shock and thrown off by the shark calling me before. maybe he has that effect on people.

Friday
05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
This business, like any other Arts-based industry, is fickle and unreliable at best. One day you are scheduled for a gig ... the next second, funding is pulled, or the director walks, or the station changes format. And you are left there standing holding your...... *insert appropriate body part here**

The biggest challenge is to have the balls to pick yourself up and keep on plugging away. This is why the entertainment industry leaves a trail... a superhighway... of rotting corpses of performers who couldn't hack it. It's a tough tough life. But it can be done... and many do succeed.

I like the CT & Jivin show. And I hope they can take a cue from our buddays Ron and Fez... and get right back out there. From what I have heard and especially what I read here from them ..... I have a feeling they will be just fine.

Best of luck, guys!