You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
AMV the Play [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : AMV the Play

Sleeves
06-10-2007, 10:18 AM
The Players' Ring Theater (http://www.playersring.org/) in Portsmouth, NH has selected the stage version of "Atoms, Motion & the Void" to be a part of their 2007/2008 season.

The dates are December 28th, 29th, and 30th and then January 4th, 5th, and 6th.

I'm really really excited about this, shocked and honored and all that...but I think preparing to do it will take most of my free time. Until I feel like I understand what I've gotten myself into, the normal AMV stories will be suspended. (I have a lot of memorizing to do...)

The play will be directed by John Herman (http://www.johnherman.org).

There are a few R&F fans who are planning on coming up and you are all of course cordially invited! If enough people express interest, maybe we can try to get together a little more formally. Portsmouth is a really hip, old-timey arty city right on the ocean...

I'm going to the theater next week to meet with the production people and will try to take some photos of the joint and post them here. It's a small, cool theater...perfect for this.

And I'll try to post whatever updates...

bobrobot
06-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Congratulations... A Star is Born!!!

notfezpaul
06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
:clap::thumbup:

BoondockSaint
06-10-2007, 10:41 AM
That's fantastic! You deserve all the success you're having.

Don Stugots
06-10-2007, 11:17 AM
holy crap! This week, regina and I will look into coming up for this. Great News! Congrats!

DarkHippie
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Holy crap that's huge!! congrats!

patsopinion
06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
[URL="http://www.playersring.org/"]
The dates are December 28th, 29th, and 30th and then January 4th, 5th, and 6th.

perfect
my favorite time to listen to the show is when im hung over since thats hang over week rite there this should be real good

Tall_James
06-10-2007, 02:11 PM
A mere 78 miles from my home. I shall plan on attending and telling strangers that I am a theatre critic from the Boston Globe.

Then I shall call you the next big thing in theatre while getting them to purchase me free drinks during the first intermission.

JustJon
06-10-2007, 03:03 PM
That rocks so hard. Remind me again in Nov/Dec and I'm totally there

ThePointer
06-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Congratulations Sleeves. Onward and upward from this

Kathleen From The Bronx
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Lemme echo those congratulations Sleevesie! Man, we will plan us a road trip.... Gotta see :smile: Yaaaaaay !!!

PapaBear
06-10-2007, 09:18 PM
That's awesome, budday! Will you remember us when you're famous?

Marc with a c
06-10-2007, 09:18 PM
you should run for mayor of new hampshire

Don Stugots
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
That's awesome, budday! Will you remember us when you're famous?

who the hell are you people?

Kathleen From The Bronx
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
you should run for mayor of new hampshire

"New HampSHIRE!"

moochcassidy
06-11-2007, 02:56 AM
never doubted for a second they would jump at it

congrats mate

(p.s will someone please tell 'bronxy' (if that IS your real name!?!) that the Bill Murry sig pic is mine and i withdraw my consent for her to use it

good day)

Sleeves
06-11-2007, 04:45 AM
I say Thank yas...

I would not be doing this, seriously, without the R&F show...it's one of those things where a year ago I was sitting in the living room with my then one year old son. I had no expectations or thoughts of my future. My life seemed laid out - I will do my job and enjoy my family and that's it. I was content. I wasn't writing or doing anything creative and hadn't for a few years...

But then I started listening to R&F and part of me just kind of started opening up again...writing and doing music.

The silly song "Ron & Fez Powers Activate" kind of comes out of that notion...like they're spreading good mojo over the land.

anyway...thanks for the support. :)

Lawson
06-11-2007, 05:49 AM
My life seemed laid out - I will do my job and enjoy my family and that's it. I was content. I wasn't writing or doing anything creative and hadn't for a few years...

But then I started listening to R&F and part of me just kind of started opening up again...writing and doing music.

The R&F Show and the very talented people associated with it, and listening to it seem to have that that effect...

Sounds like a party in New Hampshire... a crazy, surreal, alternative reality party… with Sleeves as the master of ceremonies … I’ll be there for one of the January shows… although I may have to work that night… just kidding!

Chigworthy
06-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Sleeves power, Activate!

HEY!!!

MadMatt
06-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow! Excellent news Budday!

I may be on the bandwagon late, but Congratulations!

deepinthewoods
06-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Captain, my Sleeves;

May Mnemosyne, Thalia, Felicitas and Calliope be strident with you on your journey into hallow'd thespian realms. Break a motherfuckin' leg!

P.S. never fuck someone's mother with a leg...

Chigworthy
06-11-2007, 11:57 AM
P.S. never fuck someone's mother with a leg...

I like the legless ones, too.

Skellington
06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I think that's around the time of my return flight from germany, i might have to make a little stop before returning to DC...mmm hmmm.

AgnosticJihad
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Kudos, Sleeves.

docgoblin
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
What about a RonFez.Net bus trip to see one of the shows?

boeman
06-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I would love to come see this... We will have to see as the date gets closer, but it's unlikely that Brenda and I will be able to make it up.

We do send our congratulations to you for having your hard work pay off so well. You deserve this.

I would like to see a video of the play when it's over.

Lenay
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
My dad will be going :thumbup:

Lenay D

reillyluck
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
holy crap! This week, regina and I will look into coming up for this. Great News! Congrats!

yes!!! count me and alex in for that!!!

Sleeves
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I would love to come see this... We will have to see as the date gets closer, but it's unlikely that Brenda and I will be able to make it up.

We do send our congratulations to you for having your hard work pay off so well. You deserve this.

I would like to see a video of the play when it's over.

Thanks Boe...

Lawson, the drummer for Thunderpants, used to own a company that filmed plays (among other cool media things). If things work out he'll be puttin his mad movie-play skillzies to the test and doing a 3 cam shoot...so I think a vid will come out of this...

Sleeves
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
My dad will be going :thumbup:

Lenay D

Splee!!! And Babooof!!!

That's very cool Lenay...(i'll try to ring tomorry Mr. D...)

And thanks to all you crazy people who want to come out and see the play. Just to remind you: Sherwin Sleeves is an old man who tells stories. There won't be any R rated material...no jokes...just me...old as hell and ready to take it anymore...

If enough R&F people plan on coming, we can maybe just do a separate early show...and then all relax and hang in the theater while I watch ya drink playgoer wine...

moochcassidy
06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
If enough R&F people plan on coming, we can maybe just do a separate early show...and then all relax and hang in the theater while I watch ya drink playgoer wine...

if this is going to happen it needs to be in secret. i dont think i could be aware of something like that and not die a little inside because i missed it.

do it, thats fine, it just needs to be kept from my gaze or might cry like a baby.

Don Stugots
06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
yes!!! count me and alex in for that!!!

we will work on it ASAP.

Splee!!! And Babooof!!!

That's very cool Lenay...(i'll try to ring tomorry Mr. D...)

And thanks to all you crazy people who want to come out and see the play. Just to remind you: Sherwin Sleeves is an old man who tells stories. There won't be any R rated material...no jokes...just me...old as hell and ready to take it anymore...

sounds great.

if this is going to happen it needs to be in secret. i dont think i could be aware of something like that and not die a little inside because i missed it.

do it, thats fine, it just needs to be kept from my gaze or might cry like a baby.

it will be top secret.

Lawson
06-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks Boe...

Lawson, the drummer for Thunderpants, used to own a company that filmed plays (among other cool media things). If things work out he'll be puttin his mad movie-play skillzies to the test and doing a 3 cam shoot...so I think a vid will come out of this...

As Sleeves knows, I am infamously unreliable and suffer from chronic memory loss, so don't sit back and think... "I'll just wait for the video to come out"... It may be a long wait... Be there for this event! Hmmm, I love playgoer wine...

Mooch, please ignore this email... it doesn’t actually exist... what were we talking about, again?...something about wine…

Sleeves
07-08-2007, 10:35 AM
The 2007/2008 Players' Ring (http://www.playersring.org/2007-2008%20Season/2007-2008%20Season.htm) season was just listed...with dates etc.

SinA
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
eh... i'll just wait for "atoms, motion and the void: the dvd"

actually, i'd love to go, but doubt i'd be able to get up to NH for the holidays.... well maybe i could roll it into a ski trip. does anyone want to have a rf.net ski trip?

sailor
07-08-2007, 11:39 AM
sounds incredible! congrats and best of luck!!

moochcassidy
07-26-2007, 01:37 PM
i might be able to make this afterall.

looks like im gonna be in NY around christmas time.

is anybody else thinking of going before new years eve?

Don Stugots
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
i might be able to make this afterall.

looks like im gonna be in NY around christmas time.

regina and i are going after NYE.

Marc with a c
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM

your new years or ours?

DiabloSammich
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Allright sir, three performances under your belt, how are things turning out?

I can't wait to hear some feedback on this momentous engagement.

DiabloSammich
01-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Just to let you guys know, Sleeves has posted a 30 second video teaser from a recording of the play. Check it out at his website.

http://www.atomsmotion.com/amvplay.htm

Tall_James
01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
The link doesn't work for me. Damn.

Hottub
01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Same here. It tries to download, but stalls.

Bob Impact
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Works fine for me. I like the fact that Tall James' head makes a cameo in the very first scene.

Lawson
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
The file is about 136MB, so you might want to copy it locally before you play it... and it's a "rough" cut... I still have to tweak the video and audio a bit... but Sleeves still kicks ass! even for an old guy

Tall_James
01-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Works fine for me. I like the fact that Tall James' head makes a cameo in the very first scene.

Oh crap. My parole officer told me I couldn't leave the Commonwealth.

Lawson - LOSE THE TAPE!

Lawson
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh crap. My parole officer told me I couldn't leave the Commonwealth.

Lawson - LOSE THE TAPE!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :wink:

Tall_James
01-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Why can't I view the performance? The file opens up with Windows Media Player and all I get is the audio and those stupid psychedelic colors that accompany every thing I play on it.

Should I be viewing the files with some other program?

DiabloSammich
01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I actually had to save target as and put it in my videos, and then play it back. My slow-ass computer wouldn't play it straight out.

Sleeves
01-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll try to get a low-quality version uploaded...

Lawson
01-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Why can't I view the performance? The file opens up with Windows Media Player and all I get is the audio and those stupid psychedelic colors that accompany every thing I play on it.

Should I be viewing the files with some other program?

It was actually encoded for a DVD, but "most" media players that decode mpeg2 should be able to handle it. Maybe check for Media Player updates.... also my copy of winamp 5.22 (free download) plays it back without any hiccups

Sleeves
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Also a couple people asked about the play in NYC thing.

I do plan on trying to come to NY in the future. Maybe in 6 or 8 months. But I wasn't able to commit to doing it now - partly cause I'm exhausted, partly cause I'm broke...

I really really want to do this -and hated having to say no to Ron & Fez and no to Broadway.

Sleeves
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
A low res version (http://www.atomsmotion.com/uploads/amvteaserlr.mpg) of the first couple minutes of the play is now available for download.

Thanks Lawson! :smile:

Tall_James
01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I can finally view it! Thanks Lawson.

Now see what you can do about editing my oversized melon out of that first shot.

Seriously though, I can't wait to get this DVD when it comes out. The show was amazing.