You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Oh how the mighty hath fallen [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Oh how the mighty hath fallen

Knowledged_one
06-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Tonight in Indianapolis where i have unfortunately been located is an event called wrestle race 7.0

thats right car racing and wrestling at the same event a rednecks dream

there is a main event featuring The Patriot (remember him) teaming with Marcus Alexander Bagwell. thats right folks the former nwo member Buff Bagwell in action at a chump event like this and he doesnt even use the buff name anymore

cupcakelove
06-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Tonight in Indianapolis where i have unfortunately been located is an event called wrestle race 7.0

thats right car racing and wrestling at the same event a rednecks dream

This is a joke right? It has to be.

King Hippos Bandaid
06-13-2007, 05:31 AM
This is a joke right? It has to be.

Its Indiana

:king:

Knowledged_one
06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
http://www.awastars.com/events.htm

there is the website link

and you dfont know dullards till you live in indiana

King Hippos Bandaid
06-13-2007, 06:17 AM
a Stars and Stripes Reunion, is America Ready

:king:

Wallower
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Well, I'm not going unless there's critters.

Don Stugots
06-13-2007, 06:30 AM
dick foley? ugh.

i thought Vince owned the AWA name? or is it just the library?

burrben
06-13-2007, 06:57 AM
and i thought ohio was bad

EliSnow
06-13-2007, 07:10 AM
dick foley? ugh.

i thought Vince owned the AWA name? or is it just the library?

From Wikipedia:

In 1996 former AWA workers Dale Gagne (actually Gagner) and Jonnie Stewart relicensed the AWA name in the state of Minnesota and the AWA opened up as an independent promotion called AWA Superstars of Wrestling. On April 4, 2005, the owners changed its history books and named Hulk Hogan a two time AWA World Heavyweight Champion. Also in 2005, Gagne began to franchise the AWA name, selling memberships to existing independent promotions around the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Japan. Several members of the new AWA are former members of the National Wrestling Alliance. The new AWA contains a mix of both seasoned veterans in addition to younger competitors trying to make a name for themselves, sometimes wrestling as part of a development program for other wrestling organizations around the world. In late 2007 Wrestling-Radio forums become official AWA forums with exclusives Steve Corino & "Krazy K" Kirby Mack.

In April 26, 2007 it was revealed that the WWE has seeked legal action against Dale Gagne for the use of the AWA name, citing trademark infringement, as the WWE owns the AWA tape library.[1]

This will be an interesting legal action. If WWE owns the trademark to AWA, they need to actually use it, or it will be considered abandoned, and anyone can use it, even if the WWE owns the copyright to AWA footage.

Same thing happened wth "Captain Marvel." Fawcett owned the trademark to the title, but when they were forced to stop publishing that comic, the trademark was abandoned until Marvel created their own Captain Marvel book. When DC bought the copyrights to Fawcett's Captain Marvel, they had to call the title of the book "Shazam," because Marvel now used and owned that trademark.

BeltOfScotch
06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
This will be an interesting legal action. If WWE owns the trademark to AWA, they need to actually use it, or it will be considered abandoned, and anyone can use it, even if the WWE owns the copyright to AWA footage.

They are using it, WWE put out an AWA DVD recently and when Bockwinkel got inducted into the Hall of Fame it was used also. Plus, by asserting their rights in the name by suing Gagne, they are maintaining their rights to it. It's not like they have to start a fed called the AWA to keep anyone else from using that name.