You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Daily News - CT & JIVIN [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Daily News - CT & JIVIN

jivin
06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Article in todays Daily News discusses the current state of talk radio and CT & JIVIN get mentioned!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/06/15/2007-06-15_talk_fm_called_the_airwave_of_the_future.html

Don Stugots
06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
And meanwhile, the Internet.

"I'm talking to several talent agents now about [an Internet] concept I call Rebel Radio," he says, and he's confident that even beyond hosts like the ones heard on Free-FM, there's a pool of talent that can execute the concept: CT & Jivin', Dick & Skibba, El Jefe and J-Dubs, Turi Ryder.

Very nice Buddays.

JustJon
06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Nice mention for you and the Hideout/NEXT guys.

ralphbxny
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Very Nice!! Good luck Budday shows!!!

JPMNICK
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
That's awesome. I am really into the podcasts, I would love to be able to hear a nightly show somewhere. also great news for Jeffe and Dubbs

JPMNICK
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Also I love this part, esp. since it is kind of like a shot at 92.3. they are talking about 101.5 here in NJ, which is a talk station.

Consultant Walter Sabo, one of the creators of WKXW, cites two keys to successful FM talk.

The first, he says, "is total commitment. 101.5 believes in the format, doesn't fire hosts for content and has never given in to pressure from an advertiser."

C_T
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
It was a pleasant surprise definitely. Hopefully this gives us a leg up when sending our demo CDs out, it helps add a degree of credibility that hopefully gets it listened to rather than just piled onto a stack never to be touched again.

And regarding the meat of the article itself - Mainelli and Sabo are absolutely right. Talk has a very big future on FM while music radio is going to just lose more and more listeners. It's simple. Music is available to people in more and more mediums every day (online, TV, etc) while a talk format provides new, original programming every single day. A talk show is different every day, while you hear a rock station and after 3 days you've basically heard everything they will ever play. Yes, "Back In Black" kicks ass, but i don't need to hear it every single day.