You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Sensational Sherri--DEAD! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Sensational Sherri--DEAD!

Heather 8
06-15-2007, 11:34 AM
It's being reported on a few wrestling sites that Sherri Russell, better known as "Sensational" Sherri Martel, has passed away at the age of 49.

No cause of death as of yet; police are at her residence with her husband.

Dougie Brootal
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Wtf?!?! First Vince And Now This?!?!
Rip Sherri

edit: i typed that with capslock on, but this godamn rf.net 2.0 keeps changing it. GODDAMN YOU RONFEZ.NET V2.0!!!! GODDAMN YOU TO HELLL!!!

King Hippos Bandaid
06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
wow, she diddnt look in bad shape , when she was at the Slammys in 2006

:king:

burrben
06-15-2007, 11:42 AM
wow, we were talking about miss elizabeth's death earlier

topless_mike
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
wiki has already been updated with today showing her death date.
wow.

ralphbxny
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Rip Very Sad!!

El Mudo
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I thought she was Scary Sherri?

burrben
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
wiki has already been updated with today showing her death date.
wow.

it also says that she died because she was associated with Macho Man Randy Savage and he is cursed

King Hippos Bandaid
06-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I liked Sista Sherri the best, she was down with da hood

burrben
06-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I thought she was Scary Sherri?

i remember it that way too. maybe it was just the announcers that called her that. damn you gorilla monsoon

ralphbxny
06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
She was great no matter what persona she had. She was a true professional.

ScottFromGA
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
i remember it that way too. maybe it was just the announcers that called her that. damn you gorilla monsoon

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/SCOTTFROMGA/200px-Gorillajessewrestlemania3.jpg

never.....ever.....damn that great man known as Gorilla Monsoon.

you should be ashamed.

I wonder if the Macho Man is taking this news well?

RingWraith
06-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I wonder if Vince and Co. were hoping no real death would happen while there doing the "Vince's Death" angle.
But they should know better. Past wrestlers and/or personalities die left and right every year.

Now I wonder if they would acknowledge her death on Raw. They should, but Vince's angle makes it feel uncomfortable.

But nothing should suprise me since they have no shame in using Eddie Guerrero's death in angles in Smackdown.

Dash77
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I liked Sista Sherri the best, she was down with da hood

She was the best then, RIP Sherri

King Imp
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Wow, that sucks. Just like King Hippos said, she didn't look bad at all last year when she was inducted into the HOF.

On a side note, this should be very interesting on RAW. Do they do something considering they will be doing that lame 10 bell salute for Vince or do they just make a short passing note of her death?

SpicyMcHaggis
06-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, now isn't this a bit awkward for Vince and Co. I'm pretty sure they're shitting themselves over in Stamford going "What are we gonna do?!?"

King Hippos Bandaid
06-16-2007, 05:50 AM
wwe is bit commited with Mcmahon, they will have a Montage for Sherri, then tell the fans to go to wwe.com for pics and videos of Sherri

RingWraith
06-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Well, now isn't this a bit awkward for Vince and Co. I'm pretty sure they're shitting themselves over in Stamford going "What are we gonna do?!?"

It is awkward. But the WWE should know better. A lot of their past wrestlers (and obviously sometimes current ones) are likely to die young and almost every freakin' year.

Why the hell do a "Vince's death" angle, when you know you're running the risk of having to do an eventual real "In memory of" with someone else. Vince has no shame.

I'm telling you, most of the wrestlers from my childhood (the late 80's/early 90's) are just "dropping like flies". It's really sad.

Heather 8
06-16-2007, 06:23 AM
On a side note: at the Liberty Wrestling show my husband worked last night, a lot of fans rolled their eyes when it was mentioned at the start of the show there was a loss in the wrestling world (they were thinking that the wrestler was talking about Vince). Their expressions immediately turned to shock when Sherri's passing was announced. A moment of silence and a ten-bell salute were done in her honor.

Don Stugots
06-16-2007, 07:04 AM
The wrestling lost one of the best. She looked good and bad depending on the angle. she pulled off some crazy outfits and then would do a photo spread for WWF magazine looking like a million bucks. She took the bumps and was good in the ring. The Business needs more like her.

Tenbatsuzen
06-16-2007, 08:28 AM
My favorite memory of Sherri was when she was with Harlem Heat. During the NWO angle, Booker T accidentally called Hollywood Hogan a "nigga" and immediately realized what he had done, sending Sherri and Stevie Ray into hysterics.

Heather 8
09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
The cause of death has been released for Sherri.

Per the Tuscaloosa News:

Homicide investigators said Monday that a toxicology report has determined “Sensational Sherri” Martel died of an accidental overdose of drugs.

Capt. Loyd Baker, commander of the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit, said the report obtained by detectives on Monday indicated several prescription medications were found in her bloodstream.

Baker said oxycodone, a medication commonly given to cancer patients, carried the highest concentration of the medications found in the system of Martel, 49.

“Sensational Sherri,” who was found dead in June at her mother’s home in McCalla, was considered one of the first ladies of wrestling.

She was a member of the WWE Hall of Fame and an AWA and WWF championship titleholder.

Doctor Z
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
The cause of death has been released for Sherri.

Per the Tuscaloosa News:

Homicide investigators said Monday that a toxicology report has determined “Sensational Sherri” Martel died of an accidental overdose of drugs.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Furtherman
09-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Thw WWF just put the WWE on its Endangered Species list.