You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Week of 6/25 Podcast (Some 'Best of 2006' Stuff) [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Week of 6/25 Podcast (Some 'Best of 2006' Stuff)

C_T
06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
The Week of 6/25 podcast is now available through the RSS feed (iTunes for most) or the website: http://www.ctandjivin.com

Unfortunately, no new show this week... real life just got in the way. Jivin, the studio, and I were not all available at the same time. But, we've taken a look at the download numbers and we definitely have more people listening these days, so I figured I'd pull some stuff from our 2006 podcasts that many people have not heard. Hopefully it tides you over a week and you stay with us, and hopefully you tolerate or maybe even enjoy it.

(00:00:00) - CT goes to the dentist & doctor
(00:09:51) - Jivin talks Batman
(00:12:40) - weird/ridiculous phobias (call-in segment)
(00:44:41) - an odd laundry situation
(00:49:30) - worst/best christmas gifts ever (call-in segment)
...back with a new show next week!

JPMNICK
06-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks CT. I will def DL this, as a new listener it will be cool to hear some recapped stuff.

Don Stugots
06-24-2007, 08:41 PM
you two could use my studio. its mobile.

JustJon
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I just went to grab it off the website, and no such luck. I need my weekly CT and Jivin fix...

C_T
06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
I just went to grab it off the website, and no such luck. I need my weekly CT and Jivin fix...

doh. i just realized i updated the html locally and never uploaded it... im an idiot. it's there now.

JustJon
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
How are you guys taking calls on the best of? Are they taken from the FreeFM shows were were you doing the show elsewhere live for a while?

C_T
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
How are you guys taking calls on the best of? Are they taken from the FreeFM shows were were you doing the show elsewhere live for a while?

Those are from old podcasts, both sometime in December. We can set up a sort of orchestrated call-in segment if we really go out of our way. We have everyone on hold from the start of the segment until they hang up. So we've already got the calls waiting.

It's kind of interesting because obviously we know the callers, but not the calls. I dont know what they're going to say, but we're realistically limited to our friends, family, etc (for example, in addition to being the voice on our sweepers, you'll notice one of the calls in the last segment is Lilly). We primarily did it as preperation for on-air/building a demo. I think it works well enough as "training" for being on-air, because the thing we need to sort of learn there is how to react to someone when you don't know what they're about to say. I don't think the fact that we happen to know the person takes too much away from that dynamic.

It's possible it's something we'll have to revisit sometime soon, though I have to admit the thought of doing it gives me a headache. It's a borderline technical nightmare compared to doing the rest of the show. Additionally in our current studio it's a real pain in the ass. The last one we were in (October-January) was the best for phone calls. In the relatively near future we might want to start looking at this process again, and see if we can't come up with a better way.

JustJon
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, the Lilly call was obvious as soon as I heard her voice (didn't get to it yet when I posted the above), but couldn't tell the calls were pre-arranged.

JPMNICK
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
CT you should link your website to your sigpic so people can just click on that and get to the website. it might generate some more traffic for you guys

Don Stugots
06-26-2007, 11:31 AM
cant you guys use Skype?

C_T
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
CT you should link your website to your sigpic so people can just click on that and get to the website. it might generate some more traffic for you guys

Done.

cant you guys use Skype?

I don't believe so, but I'll check into it. Ive used Skype myself a lot for other stuff, and I know there are some issues with recording it, as well as limitations we have to work with in using comptuers that aren't ours (installing software, etc).

JustJon
06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I just added a link in the forum description for you, as well.