You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Best Wrestling Entrance [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Best Wrestling Entrance

NickyL0885
06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
So, who do you think has or had the best entrance when coming to the ring, whether b/c of the music or the way they came out??

When he was in his prime, HBK. The music and the way his did signature pose will always be awesome. As far as recently, i'm very addicted to CM Punks entrance song by KillSwitch Engage, and i'm really not a hardcore music fan.

burrben
06-27-2007, 08:44 PM
i liked the old school undertaker entrance w/ paul bearer. the fog would start and the lights would go down and he'd slowly walk to the ring. that crazy shit he'd do with his eyes and even the way he took off his hat. i was like eight or nine and that shit was awesome

Kevin
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Sadly enough.. I really liked Benoit's.. The song would just pump me up.. I used to use it at the gym alot.. Now i don't think i can ever use it again..

Don Stugots
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
i loved his song. i play it all the time. i used to loves TAZ' ECW music. Austin walking through the shattering glass at a WM was always cool. I like the Dudley's in ECW with Gertner doing the announcments. SANDMAN walking out drinking beer and pouring it all over a still hot missy hyatt was always good.

RingWraith
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Sadly enough.. I really liked Benoit's.. The song would just pump me up.. I used to use it at the gym alot.. Now i don't think i can ever use it again..

Same here.

Now as far as cool entrances go. I have to go with Chris Jericho's Y2J entrance. It's great on TV, but way cooler to see in-person.

Others I like are HHH, Undertaker. Stone Cold and The Rock for just the crazy pops that they get when they come out to the ring back in the days.

prothunderball
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I think as of late I gotta go with Rey Mysterio. I just love way he pops up(man that sounds gay but I can't think of another way to describe it.)

Bob Impact
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Great Fuckin Muta.

Here(3:50 in) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2LZvXw7iA), and here(3:10 in). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYC8nnNEgY)

Still probably my favorite performer ever inside of a ring. He's got psychology in his WALK.

Doctor Z
06-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Couldn't wrestle for shit, but NO ONE came out to the ring with more energy than The Ultimate Warrior.

mdr55
06-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Macho Man Randy Savage with Elizabeth

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 03:03 AM
okay i know it was just 1 show but, ithink it was wrestlemania 3or4
when l.o.d. came halling ass down the long ass entrance way on harleys, it's
onr that always hits me as one of the coolest.

Crippler
06-28-2007, 03:24 AM
In the good ole days, was there any entrance better than RVD's ECW entrance? Sometimes at his height of popularity the entrance lasted longer than the upcoming match, but no one seemed to care.

RE-

SPECT

WALK!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzUbqtB_32M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzUbqtB_32M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
said it for years....a live band that is together is the coolest way to introduce a wrestler.

wrestlemania 13 with DX

wrestlemania 17-18 or 19 (can't remember specifically) with Saliva for the Dudley Boys and Stacy Kiebler dancing like a stripper and Motorhead bringing out HHH.

then the next wrestlemania, Motorhead bringing out HHH and Evolution.

face it........hearing Lemmy bring anyone out is fucking badass.

Question : In a fight, who do you take - Lemmy or God?

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 04:21 AM
Same here.

Now as far as cool entrances go. I have to go with Chris Jericho's Y2J entrance. It's great on TV, but way cooler to see in-person.

Others I like are HHH, Undertaker. Stone Cold and The Rock for just the crazy pops that they get when they come out to the ring back in the days.

the only wrestler that gets that now is Cena.

thats why I miss about wrestling...no one gets the huge POPS. It got the energy of the show up and made it great to watch.

Kennedy, in my opinion, is gonna be the next great thing. He has the look of Stone Cold with the mic skills of the Rock with wrestling skills like Kurt Angle. Uninjured....he will be the next big thing.

And, the crowd acknowledges this.

topless_mike
06-28-2007, 04:47 AM
i liked the old school undertaker entrance w/ paul bearer. the fog would start and the lights would go down and he'd slowly walk to the ring. that crazy shit he'd do with his eyes and even the way he took off his hat. i was like eight or nine and that shit was awesome

dood
i remember his first wwf appearence. he was ted dibiase's secrect during some battle royal. the fog, the 12 bell rings, and this scary fukin dood comes walking down the aise.
his schtick was best in his early wwf days. better than the percy pringle/mean marcalis, and 100x better than his image today.

topless_mike
06-28-2007, 04:52 AM
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1479259992

some good vintage shots of koko b. ware, greg valentine, the heart foundation, and earl, i mean virgil.

Tenbatsuzen
06-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Couldn't wrestle for shit, but NO ONE came out to the ring with more energy than The Ultimate Warrior.

Plus had one of the best all-time themes.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 05:05 AM
New Age Outlaws Always Got The Crowd Hyped Up,
Oooohh You Didn't Know?!?!?

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Plus had one of the best all-time themes.

id put the Warrior up there......

but what about the New Age Outlaws???!!?

OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!?!? YOU ASS BETTER CALLLLLLLLLLL SOMEBODY!!!!!!!

edit: beat me to it....dammit.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 05:08 AM
id put the Warrior up there......

but what about the New Age Outlaws???!!?

OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!?!? YOU ASS BETTER CALLLLLLLLLLL SOMEBODY!!!!!!!

edit: beat me to it....dammit.

I JUST SAID THAT

King Hippos Bandaid
06-28-2007, 05:33 AM
I love a Jobbers Entrance (already in the Ring)

:king:

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 05:38 AM
I Hate It When The Champ Is Introed First Because The Challenger Is The Bigger Name, If You Got The Strap You Should Get The Respect.

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 06:36 AM
I JUST SAID THAT

you have to keep reading.....I edited!

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 06:40 AM
you have to keep reading.....I edited!

YEAH I SAW THAT AFTER I POSTED

foodcourtdruide
06-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I never thought Benoit had a good entrance. It was just a typical loud music, walk down the ramp entrance.

My favorite all-time one-time only entrance was when Jericho first appeared on Raw. The lights dimmed and the countdown hit zero and on the titantron you saw the word JERICHO. I had goosebumps.

My favorite normal entrance was probably Stone Cold's. He'd look so imposing walking down the ramp and the music was great.

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 06:53 AM
no one thinks that Vince McMahon's theme song is cool?

it fits him.

little tidbit about that song, it was the theme song for the Royal Rumble - No Chance in Hell PPV. Lot of people do not remember that.

Havenostaples
06-28-2007, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure but I remember papa shangos entrance being impressive.

Don Stugots
06-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Flair, Goldberg. i know i said Taz already, but walking out with Team Taz was bad ass.

also, the undertaker, American Bad Ass. he would come out on a motorcycle and gun it down the ramp.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Saw Flair At A House Show Once, Fuckin' Electric
Old Fart Had The Place Pumped
Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

spadanko
06-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Great Fuckin Muta.

Here(3:50 in) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2LZvXw7iA), and here(3:10 in). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYC8nnNEgY)

Still probably my favorite performer ever inside of a ring. He's got psychology in his WALK.

FUCK YEAH MUTA!!!

spadanko
06-28-2007, 07:38 AM
I think flair had the best... Goldberg was pretty awesome. I think RVD in ECW was awesome as was Sandman... and Sabu was great too (crazy ass music)

Bob Impact
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
FUCK YEAH MUTA!!!

I was waiting for someone, geez, when I was a kid I was convinced that that man was a fucking DEMON because of the entrance alone.

epo
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
I'll mention someone different, but as a heel Rick Rude knew how to open up the crowd with some heat. They'd play "The Stripper", insult the hometown and then tell them to "keep the noise down" while he took off his robe. By the time he was finished with that...all the wrasslin' fans in the building would hate him.

And I always thought the Evolution open was outstanding, a perfect combination of audio & video to make the point that these men are THE MEN.

Bob Impact
06-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll mention someone different, but as a heel Rick Rude knew how to open up the crowd with some heat. They'd play "The Stripper", insult the hometown and then tell them to "keep the noise down" while he took off his robe. By the time he was finished with that...all the wrasslin' fans in the building would hate him.

And I always thought the Evolution open was outstanding, a perfect combination of audio & video to make the point that these men are THE MEN.

You know what, I remember my uncle when I was a kid getting PISSED at Rick Rude's entrance. Just slamming his hand down and screaming "WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!" I'm not saying I come from carny stock here. ;)

epo
06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
You know what, I remember my uncle when I was a kid getting PISSED at Rick Rude's entrance. Just slamming his hand down and screaming "WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!" I'm not saying I come from carny stock here. ;)

It's a little rube-ish....but honestly that's how good that opening sequence was for Rude. I don't even think they ever really bothered to turn him face...as it would have been a tremendous waste of time.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
I Don't Know If It Makes You Rubish, It Just Shows How Good The Wrestler Is At Working The Crowd, Rude Was One Of The Greats.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
I Don't Know If It Makes You Rubish, It Just Shows How Good The Wrestler Is At Working The Crowd, Rude Was One Of The Greats.

BUT COME TO THINK OF IT, YOU GOT TO HAVE A LITTLE RUBE IN YA TO WATCH IN THE FIRST PLACE.

topless_mike
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
My favorite all-time one-time only entrance was when Jericho first appeared on Raw. The lights dimmed and the countdown hit zero and on the titantron you saw the word JERICHO. I had goosebumps.

omg
so did i

spadanko
06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
HAHAHA that is friggin classic stuff about Rude... speaking of, a match between him and Piper was on MSG last night

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 03:59 PM

Agreed. When I was a kid in the late 80's, I always thought The Ultimate Warrior had the coolest entrance/theme during that era.

During that same era, even they were ripp-offs of the Road Warriors, I also liked Demolitions theme, and they seemed to always walked to the beat. Who sang there theme??? I forget.

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
the only wrestler that gets that now is Cena.

thats why I miss about wrestling...no one gets the huge POPS. It got the energy of the show up and made it great to watch.

Kennedy, in my opinion, is gonna be the next great thing. He has the look of Stone Cold with the mic skills of the Rock with wrestling skills like Kurt Angle. Uninjured....he will be the next big thing.

And, the crowd acknowledges this.

You maybe right about Kennedy. But I don't know about the "look of Stone Cold" part since Austin actually looks intimidating.

Cena probably wishes he could get the HUGE pops that Stone Cold and Rock used to get during their prime.

JesterOfSadness
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I was waiting for someone, geez, when I was a kid I was convinced that that man was a fucking DEMON because of the entrance alone.

A true legend Muta is. His entrances are always great, especially his theme music. Especially now, since he shaved his head, the new paint/mask combos he has is insane.

Marc with a c
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
owen hart.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
it's really sad when a entrance gimick that once got the crowds going starts to fall flat, and the guy doesn't change up. ie val venis

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I love a Jobbers Entrance (already in the Ring)

:king:

LMAO!!!! Oh does that bring back memories of the late 80's Saturday and Sunday shows. "Superstars of Wrestling" and "Wrestling Challenge".

All the Jobbers "job" was to make the actual star look good. And they were some of the blandest, ordinary-looking redneck wrestlers you would ever see. Standard issued trunks, and boots. No theme, just be in the ring already and wait for the real star.

Most times the jobbers don't even get to do a single offensive move on the star wrestler.

Classic stuff!

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
it's really sad when a entrance gimick that once got the crowds going starts to fall flat, and the guy doesn't change up. ie val venis

That thing Val does with his hands when he's walking down the ramp was always so stupid.
As if the people in the crowd would catch on and do the same, but they never do.

And that's why Val Venis is LAME!!!

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
back in the 80s there was a jobber for nwa wrestling, young skinny black guy, wore tight purple pants, big fro,kinda looked like tommy davison.
any recall who it my be, i've been trying to remember for years.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:21 PM
That thing Val does with his hands when he's walking down the ramp was always so stupid.
As if the people in the crowd would catch on and do the same, but they never do.

And that's why Val Venis is LAME!!!

well one of many reasons

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:22 PM

I forgot about Rick Rude's entrance. Another classic entrance that immediately got the crowd's attention.

It was great when the camera pans and shows the "out-of-shape sweathogs".

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
You maybe right about Kennedy. But I don't know about the "look of Stone Cold" part since Austin actually looks intimidating.

Cena probably wishes he could get the HUGE pops that Stone Cold and Rock used to get during their prime.

when I say the look of Stone Cold....I didn't mean the actual facial features, I meant that he basically looks like he is that character. Stone Cold became Stone Cold.....I feel that Kennedy could do that same thing with his charisma.

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
back in the 80s there was a jobber for nwa wrestling, young skinny black guy, wore tight purple pants, big fro,kinda looked like tommy davison.
any recall who it my be, i've been trying to remember for years.

Don't know who it is, but with that description, how the hell did that guy not get a push?!?!?!

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
when I say the look of Stone Cold....I didn't mean the actual facial features, I meant that he basically looks like he is that character. Stone Cold became Stone Cold.....I feel that Kennedy could do that same thing with his charisma.

Gotcha'!

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't know who it is, but with that description, how the hell did that guy not get a push?!?!?!

nwa holding the brothers down

ScottFromGA
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM

he did....remember that Ready to Rumble game?

his name is Afro Thunder now.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/SCOTTFROMGA/m-ready2rumble_gba_ss4-jpg.jpg

lleeder
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I like alot of them but this one is perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_y_bh-p0Y&mode=related&search=)

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=lleeder;1372668]I like alot of them but this one is perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_y_bh-p0Y&mode=related&search=)[/QUO
yes

RingWraith
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I like alot of them but this one is perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_y_bh-p0Y&mode=related&search=)

I still to this day try to do the perfect slap of the gum. Although I still suck at it.

SHANEFROMGA
06-28-2007, 04:56 PM
nwa holding the brothers down

come to think of it, he's a cartoon star now

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/monkeypoot/AfroSamuraiTitle.jpg

xample
06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I was always to partial to New Jack's entrance, then continued playing of NBK throughout his matches.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRjY6BueCRw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRjY6BueCRw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Don Stugots
06-30-2007, 11:33 PM
New Jack's was great. the song would play twice sometimes since he would be fighting in the seats and didn't get into the ring yet.

J.Clints
07-01-2007, 04:12 AM
I aways liked Kurt Angles WWE Entrance.

New Age Outlaws

Macho Mans Entrance

Hulk Hogans

But My all time fav is Ric Flairs

EddieMoscone
07-20-2007, 07:29 AM
SANDMAN walking out drinking beer and pouring it all over a still hot missy hyatt was always good.

I was at the ECW when Sandman returned to ECW after he short time in WCW. That was the most amazing entrance EVER. The man can't wrestle and can't talk. His popularity was based solely on drinking beers, smoking cigs and his Enter Sandman entrance. If you ever experienced it live you'd probably agree his entrance was the best ever.

ScottFromGA
07-20-2007, 07:40 AM
SANDMAN walking out drinking beer and pouring it all over a still hot missy hyatt was always good.

I was at the ECW when Sandman returned to ECW after he short time in WCW. That was the most amazing entrance EVER. The man can't wrestle and can't talk. His popularity was based solely on drinking beers, smoking cigs and his Enter Sandman entrance. If you ever experienced it live you'd probably agree his entrance was the best ever.

as long as it is the OLD school ECW.....his entrance now doesn't have that spark like it once did.

Freitag
07-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Theme + Towel + Gum Spit and Slap + Chuckle.

Simply... perfect.

cougarjake13
07-20-2007, 02:05 PM
i always liked chris jericho's entrance

but my favorite would be

ric flair

Hottub
07-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Section 8, Rockin The Belt, and representing The Experience!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe5055821b9e7def0cf4d92ef9e173e1c/e8e3ac56.jpg

cougarjake13
07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Section 8, Rockin The Belt, and representing The Experience!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe5055821b9e7def0cf4d92ef9e173e1c/e8e3ac56.jpg

noice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponelas park townie
07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNAUm4P2g6c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNAUm4P2g6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BeltOfScotch
07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Austin didn't have a great entrance as he really just walked to the ring, but that pause combined with the obvious intensity from the crowd waiting, then the explosion that came after the glass broke was unbelievable.

ponelas park townie
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
The Brood
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNAwW9soarY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNAwW9soarY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Undertaker
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOUJeRkFEbE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOUJeRkFEbE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Goldberg
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1C8zfOzkF8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1C8zfOzkF8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sandman
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvGOaQFgM-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvGOaQFgM-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fallon
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Best entrance ever:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_2sZIvrb0Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_2sZIvrb0Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

led37zep
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Fallon found a pretty good one.

Here's my personal favorite:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyD8O_zILy4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyD8O_zILy4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

green_bay_jake
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
you will never forget the entrance of...goooooldust!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQYZTip3aJ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQYZTip3aJ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

sailor
07-27-2007, 03:17 AM
owen hart.

i'm glad i searched for his name before posting that joke, myself. fuck.

moochcassidy
07-27-2007, 04:27 AM
The Undertaker before the hat n harley nonsense

http://www.freewebs.com/undertaker-wwe/utscn66c.jpg

his debut was around the peak of my wrestling phase. lost interest soon after that

ryno1974
07-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I cant decide on my fav entrance, but FUCK was New Jack badass. That video clip up above is AWESOME. He is by far the nastiest, most hardcore of the hard core that ever was.

El Mudo
07-27-2007, 04:55 PM
New Jack's was great. the song would play twice sometimes since he would be fighting in the seats and didn't get into the ring yet.

New Jack has my vote....always made me mark out

You knew whenever you saw 4 or 5 jobbers in the ring, you were going to be hearing the siren soon....

kdubya
07-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Come on
You know I got ya
Yeah, what
Break the walls down!!

How can you not love Jericho's enterance.