You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE has some serious problems ahead [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE has some serious problems ahead

K.C.
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
From 24wrestling.com

If the news breaking today that Chris Benoit was being supplied with ten months worth of anabolic steroids every three to four weeks by Dr. Phil Astin turns out to be accurate, this will make World Wrestling Entertainment look extremely bad stemming from their press release comments last week.

U.S. Attorney David Nahmias reported that on average, Benoit was reportedly getting a ten-month supply of anabolic steroids every three to four weeks during a period from May 4, 2006 to May 9, 2007 from Dr. Astin. So, the April 10, 2007 WWE drug test that Benoit passed was right in the middle of that time period, making earlier claims by WWE look like a joke now to the media and a huge blow to the company overall.

Records are showing that Dr. Astin prescribed over 1 million doses of numerous drugs over the last two years, many of which were prescription painkillers and anabolic steroids. Many of the prescriptions were un-dated, which is illegal. - Said one federal agent about Dr. Phil Astin: "Dr. Astin allegedly prescribed these drugs like candy. Dirty doctors should be on notice that they face federal prosecution and federal prison time."

The early reaction to this news has to be complete credibility loss for WWE when it comes to the company's Wellness Policy. And with Benoit more than likely being tested throughout the year, it is pretty much impossible to have any form of confidence in the drug policy with the release of this information contradicting everything. It should be noted that Benoit was off for many months in 2006 and likely was not tested by WWE during that period, but it's believed he was tested at least four times minimum during a period where he was taking very heavy doses of anabolic steroids based on the timeline provided by investigators today.

It's now been made public that Benoit was arguing with his wife Nancy over his increased use of steroids at the same time he was subject to a drug testing policy. WWE announcing that Benoit passed a drug test on April 10 is something that can no longer hold up among public opinion now that these facts have been released, especially with it taking place well into the beginning of the Wellness policy being implemented. There are numerous possibilities on how Benoit may have been passing tests. Either WWE's testing is very flawed, Benoit found a way to beat the tests or the drug tests were a cover (although that could be disputed with wrestlers such as Chris Masters and Joey Mercury being subject to them not long ago).

Dave Meltzer provided an excellent commentary on this situation saying quote: "This is the first time when I truly fear that wrestling as we know it not only will be undergoing great changes, but that as bad as Vince McMahon's reputation is in some circles, and even with his history of rebounding from negatives, this will tarnish it to a level that he may never live to fully turn around. There will be a far increased number of cries in the media over the next week, which have already started, to do something about the industry. Between the advertisers, sponsors, and those action figures with the muscular physiques, this is not a story going away soon."

Vince is going to have some serious problem...people think baseball was an easy target for Congress to pretend to act tough and grandstand for...wrestling is even easier, and the paper trail there has to be incredibly long.

Not to mention all the disgruntled ex-wrestler, and enemies Vince has made over the years who I'm sure are more than willing to testify.

Honestly, if this story continues to pick up steam and the feds get involved, WWE could be blown apart fairly quickly. I can't imagine the number of skeletons in the closet there from over the years.

JesterOfSadness
07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Not to mention all the disgruntled ex-wrestler, and enemies Vince has made over the years who I'm sure are more than willing to testify.

Bret Hart will be first in line.

Spoil-Sport
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
In an interview last week, Manhasset steroid expert Dr. Gary Wadler criticized WWE's drug testing policy as "woefully lacking." Among the problems cited by Wadler, who sits on the committee of the World Anti-Doping Agency: WWE allows for a higher threshold of testosterone in a person's system than in other sports before considering a steroid test "positive," and WWE gives wrestlers up to an hour's notice between notification of a test and its administering. Wadler also noted that WWE prohibits only "non-medical use" of banned drugs and allows wrestlers to provide a doctor's explanation for use, even after testing positive.

"It's sort of opening up a Pandora's box to define what 'non-medical use' is," Wadler said.

ScottFromGA
07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Bret Hart will be first in line.

my money is on Kurt Angle to be first in line.

Bret and Vince has simmered a little.....and I stress, a little.

K.C.
07-03-2007, 08:54 AM
my money is on Kurt Angle to be first in line.

Bret and Vince has simmered a little.....and I stress, a little.

Not Angle...he'll probably be one of the guys at the center of this when they start naming names.

prothunderball
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Lex Luger has already started bitching about Vince to anyone that will listen since the Benoit shit went down. The problem with him though he really just seems like someone trying to get any limelight he possibly can at this point.

K.C.
07-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Lex Luger has already started bitching about Vince to anyone that will listen since the Benoit shit went down. The problem with him though he really just seems like someone trying to get any limelight he possibly can at this point.

Actually, Luger could be like the Jose Canseco of this thing...if anyone would know, it'd be him...Vince had to have been injecting him personally at least three times a day back in the early 90s with the insane amount of hype he put into Luger.

And you know someone like him, who needs the cash, will write a book outing everyone in the business similar to Canseco with baseball.

prothunderball
07-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Actually, Luger could be like the Jose Canseco of this thing...if anyone would know, it'd be him...Vince had to have been injecting him personally at least three times a day back in the early 90s with the insane amount of hype he put into Luger.

And you know someone like him, who needs the cash, will write a book outing everyone in the business similar to Canseco with baseball.

That's a really good point. I defiantly have more respect for him if he came out and dropped the dime on everyone. From what I've read about him as of late, he really doen't have much to lose by doing it.

Tenbatsuzen
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM

I'd listen to someone like Luger before I'd listen to someone like Mero, Wilkes, Debra, or the other cast of WWE bitter cast-offs. Luger was 10x more successful than any of the other scrubs that have been coming forward.

MobCounty
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Stock watch

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=WWE

King Hippos Bandaid
07-03-2007, 10:12 AM
When theres a Vince, theres a way. The WWE will hurt for a bit, but Vince always finds away. Hes like a Cockaroach.

:king:

ScottFromGA
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Not Angle...he'll probably be one of the guys at the center of this when they start naming names.

but Angle was one of the ones that went to Vince about stopping the medications and go to rehab.

Vince would rather him put over Cena instead. Thats why I think he'd be one of the first ones to blow the whistle.

Sweet Escape Artist
07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
It's sort of opening up a Pandora's box

I wonder what Lisa Croft is up to these days.

Death Metal Moe
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm surprised it took the WWE this long to get in some overly hot water or even run the risk of someone looking into their drug policies.

How many wrestler's hearts have to explode before SOMEONE gives a shit?

wehitandrun
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
They've had problems...

We all loved the attitude era.

But who could possibly enjoy this?

http://www.blogas.lt/uploads/jovaliux_WWE_-_wallpaper_John_Cena.jpg

Ugh.

He's been champ for what- 23 0f 27 months?
RVD just had to get pulled over...

lleeder
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
When theres a King Hippos Bandaid, theres a cliche.

I agree

DarkHippie
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
When theres a Vince, theres a way. The WWE will hurt for a bit, but Vince always finds away. Hes like a Cockaroach.

I agree. Vince could spin a double murder/suicide into gold while banging divas with his steroid-shrunken cock.

King Hippos Bandaid
07-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by King Hippos Bandaid http://www.ronfez.net/forums/images/skins/rf_blue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1377323#post1377323)
When theres a King Hippos Bandaid, theres a cliche.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I agree

Im all about the Cliches Wendell

The Wendell doesnt fall far from the Bar

MikeB
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Hogan could be the canseco. Vince made fun of his daughter for what seemed like half a year and Hulk keeps turning down the WWE. And he is always worried about the kids.

J.Clints
07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Hogan could be the canseco. Vince made fun of his daughter for what seemed like half a year and Hulk keeps turning down the WWE. And he is always worried about the kids.

who is bonds

cougarjake13
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM

but if you watched hogan knows best, you'd know that hogan signed a 20 year deal with vince

cougarjake13
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
who is bonds

triple h

Bossanova
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
So wait. Congress had to wait for something like this to happen to investigate the WWE. If they really cared they could have done this a while ago. Someone will have to really start some shit. This will bring down more private practices than it will the WWE. And if TNA is smart, they will keep some of their guys quiet. They aren't any better

cougarjake13
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
So wait. Congress had to wait for something like this to happen to investigate the WWE. If they really cared they could have done this a while ago. Someone will have to really start some shit. This will bring down more private practices than it will the WWE. And if TNA is smart, they will keep some of their guys quiet. They aren't any better

yeh

they dont care until its cool to care

and with all the beniot hoopla now its cool to care

epo
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
If Vince is smart, he's going to try to find a long-term solution to this steroid issue...otherwise it is always going to be in his face.

That being said, does he move away from the Hoss obsession?
Does he develop a strict wellness policy?

These are the types of things he will need to look at to survive this mess.

oh_kee_pa
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
i honestly don't see too many people, bitter or not, coming out against Vince.
It's amazing, you will hear these guys rip vince apart, then the next sentence is "but he's like a father figure to me and i respect the hell out of him".

these guys know, w/o vince mcmahon they would still be nothing, working in a minor territory in iowa

sailor
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
i agree and don't think this will be a big deal at all

epo
07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
i honestly don't see too many people, bitter or not, coming out against Vince.
It's amazing, you will hear these guys rip vince apart, then the next sentence is "but he's like a father figure to me and i respect the hell out of him".

these guys know, w/o vince mcmahon they would still be nothing, working in a minor territory in iowa

That's why it's going to take a couple of name guys who have no attachment to Vince to blow this fucker up.

Lex Luger is a great example as he has absolutely nothing to lose.
I thought Paul Wight (Big Show/Giant) would be another possibility.

K.C.
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I seriously wouldn't underestimate the backlash this time.

It's not like when Vince got in trouble in the 90s over steroids and it's not like the Benoit thing is similar to the Eddie Guerrero thing.

It's arguably the biggest story/tragedy to happen in the history of wrestling in this country.

And if the toxicology report comes back and shows that Benoit was fucked up from a bunch of illegally prescribed drugs, that WWE is suppose to test for, and it's part of what cause his degeneration, then the hammer's going to fall.

There's two big issues.

1) At the very least, the guy Benoit used was prescribing illegal performance enhancers. That will be federally investigated regardless of anything else. And if it comes out that either this guy supplied to numerous wrestlers and athletes, or that there's a ring of this type of activity in the medical community, then the government will move in.

2) WWE claims they test for this stuff...Benoit passed his tests when he took them, according to WWE, even though it's come out that he's been juiced out of his mind for some time...it's going to raise the question as to whether WWE is enabling, or even encouraging its performers to use illegal stuff. If that conclusion is ever proven, then the company's future is in serious trouble and Vince could even face prosecution.

#1 will happen regardless of what else happenes.

#2 will depend a lot on whether people talk...and I can't imagine people won't talk. Wrestling is one of the most grudge filled industries, because of politics around...as many Vince lovers as there are, there's just as many with an axe to grind.

Grendel_Kahn
07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
They've had problems...

Ugh.

I don't really get the Cena hate. The guy's good in the ring and good on the stick. What's the problem here? but then I also HATED Shawn Michaels for years. just never "got" him.

Chimee
07-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't hate Cena, he can be pretty entertaining at times and he works well enough in the ring, I just can't stand this "beating the odds" champion thing. I'd rather see him chasing a guy like Triple H for the title then beating Lashley in a throwaway match with very little build.

cougarjake13
07-04-2007, 07:30 AM
They've had problems...

Ugh.

rvd getting pulled over was irrelevant

him winning the title from cena was just the way they were creating the ecw title, rvd wasnt gonna keep the wwe title for much longer regardless of the pull over incident, he may have been the ecw champion for a lil longer than he was if not for the incident

cougarjake13
07-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't hate Cena, he can be pretty entertaining at times and he works well enough in the ring, I just can't stand this "beating the odds" champion thing. I'd rather see him chasing a guy like Triple H for the title then beating Lashley in a throwaway match with very little build.

im sick of cena for the same reason I and many others were sick of trips

they had the belt for like 9-10 months of the year beating everyone in the main event title picture at least once and then going through a second time

time for some new blood

lleeder
07-04-2007, 07:41 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/spurs21_bucket/rickyricardo.jpg
"Vince, you got some splainin to do"

wehitandrun
07-04-2007, 07:56 AM
rvd getting pulled over was irrelevant

him winning the title from cena was just the way they were creating the ecw title, rvd wasnt gonna keep the wwe title for much longer regardless of the pull over incident, he may have been the ecw champion for a lil longer than he was if not for the incident

Right. I guess I'll have to re-use my quote in the "I hate Big Show" thread.

JesterOfSadness
07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't really get the Cena hate. The guy's good in the ring and good on the stick. What's the problem here? but then I also HATED Shawn Michaels for years. just never "got" him.

He sucks in the ring and is boring on the stick. They are basically trying to make him the next Hogan when it comes to a fan base as well as how he can ALWAYS "Overcome the odds". Whenever those words are spoken, he will win..guarantee.

JerryTaker
07-07-2007, 10:19 AM
im sick of cena for the same reason I and many others were sick of trips

they had the belt for like 9-10 months of the year beating everyone in the main event title picture at least once and then going through a second time

time for some new blood

The biggest difference between Cena and HHH was that HHH rose from complete obscurity. I think I missed the awful "Terra Ryzing" gimmick, but I remember him as Jean-Paul Levesque in the floundering WCW in the days of the Ding-Dongs. Cena just showed up with his Marky-Mark personality, his Steve-Austin-turned-rapper ring attire, and he's been shoved right down our gullets from day one. Sure he was strong as hell, but is in-ring work made the Rock look like Bret Hart, really, it hasnt' gotten much better. The likes of Cena and Kennedy, and all these giant, steroid - addled freaks is what made me lose interest in the first place a few years back.

...Then again, what do I know, Benoit was my favorite wrestler, that'll teach me to look up to friggin' jocks...

Scottyflamingo
07-07-2007, 12:32 PM
The wrestlers won't drop the dime on McMahon because he basically has a monopoly and if you want to work in wrestling in America, you work for him. Even the old guys want the chance of getting a "Legends" contract.

That leaves people that have totally burned their bridges with WWE to begin with like Chyna. Then they can be brushed off as having an agenda.

Even someone who will NEVER get a job with Vince like Jeff Jarrett isn't gonna roll on him, because he doesn't want the heat coming to TNA.

cougarjake13
07-07-2007, 12:33 PM
The biggest difference between Cena and HHH was that HHH rose from complete obscurity. I think I missed the awful "Terra Ryzing" gimmick, but I remember him as Jean-Paul Levesque in the floundering WCW in the days of the Ding-Dongs. Cena just showed up with his Marky-Mark personality, his Steve-Austin-turned-rapper ring attire, and he's been shoved right down our gullets from day one. Sure he was strong as hell, but is in-ring work made the Rock look like Bret Hart, really, it hasnt' gotten much better. The likes of Cena and Kennedy, and all these giant, steroid - addled freaks is what made me lose interest in the first place a few years back.

...Then again, what do I know, Benoit was my favorite wrestler, that'll teach me to look up to friggin' jocks...

well actually cena came in as just a normal white guy that got really pissed and angry and couldnt control it, then they dropped that gimmick and made him vanilla ice the 2nd

JesterOfSadness
07-07-2007, 12:41 PM
well actually cena came in as just a normal white guy that got really pissed and angry and couldnt control it, then they dropped that gimmick and made him vanilla ice the 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfl8vChnMi0

Highlights of his debut match..against Kurt Angle of all people.

Crippler
07-07-2007, 01:35 PM

Tell me about it.

cougarjake13
07-07-2007, 03:34 PM

he shoulda just retired after that match, he hasnt come close to anything good since

ralphbxny
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Cena is twice the size now also.

JesterOfSadness
07-09-2007, 12:06 PM
It's like once he was made into the "chain gang soldja", his moveset was erased and resulting into the "5 moves of doom"

SHANEFROMGA
07-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Is One Of The Moves The "get Shoved Down Your Throat"? Damn I'm Sicka That Guy.

ScottFromGA
07-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Cena is twice the size now also.

I remember when Cena use to be go by the moniker "Prototype" when he wrestled for IPW or XPW....I'm not sure what fed, but I seen it on Discovery Channel...and his fucking arms were DIESEL.

Wikipedia: Cena first started training to become a wrestler in 2000 at the California-based "Ultimate University" operated by Ultimate Pro Wrestling. Once he was placed into an in-ring role he began using a semi-robotic character known as the The Prototype.[21][22] Some of this period of his career was documented in the Discovery Channel program Wrestling School.[23] While in UPW, Cena held the Heavyweight Championship for just shy of a month in April of 2000.[9] In 2001 the World Wrestling Federation signed him away from UPW, placing him under a developmental contract and assigning him to their "farm territory" Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) where he continued his training.[24] During his time there he wrestled under his Prototype name and the name Mr. P and held the Heavyweight Championship for three months and the Tag Team Championships (with Rico Constantino) for two.[25][10][26]

Wikipedia : John Felix Anthony Cena[4] (born April 23, 1977)[5]
Before being called up to the main WWE roster, Cena wrestled in both Ultimate Pro Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling. He won the top titles in both promotions.[9][10]

it was UPW....my mistake.

wow....he was in a tag team with Rico Constantino....i never knew that.

Scottyflamingo
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Is One Of The Moves The "get Shoved Down Your Throat"? Damn I'm Sicka That Guy.

You're not the only one. I called the show after Wrestlemania to get Fezzy's thoughts and he said,

"I don't know why they keep the title on that John Cena!"

It doesn't read as funny as he said it, but you can imagine...

King Hippos Bandaid
07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I hate John Cena....

That is all

SHANEFROMGA
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
You're not the only one. I called the show after Wrestlemania to get Fezzy's thoughts and he said,

"I don't know why they keep the title on that John Cena!"

It doesn't read as funny as he said it, but you can imagine...

i'm with ya. :unsure:

cougarjake13
07-09-2007, 03:36 PM
why cant cena get a career threatening injury ???

so we can have some new blood in the title picture