You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
OVW Hopefulls [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : OVW Hopefulls

SpicyMcHaggis
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
This is a thread that I'm sure could get updated a lot but I pay a lot of attention to OVW and trying to see who the next big star could be. There seems to be a good amount of talent that might make their way into the spotlight. Here are some of my picks.

- Cody Runnels: son of the American Dream, good on the mic, good in the ring, athletic build and can get any crowd behind him

- Steve Lewington: the next great british wrestler for the WWE, last time we saw him was when Umaga threw him into the ring steps on a UK episode of RAW, but in OVW, he's a main eventer and very talented

- Shawn Spears: teamed up with Cody as The High Flyers, great heel

Ace Steel and Colt Cabana are also in OVW right now. If they were to reunite with CM Punk on ECW as the Second City Saints, that would be a group worth watching.

BeltOfScotch
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
How's Cabana been so far? From a personality standpoint, he's got the tools to be big in WWE but I was sure they'd try to change him.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-06-2007, 09:12 PM
See for yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORAn_YMJ6U)

Short match, but they're letting him stick with his personality. He decided to switch from "Classic" Colt Cabana to Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana.

cougarjake13
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
well they had cody on raw the other night with his dad

JesterOfSadness
07-06-2007, 09:58 PM
See for yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORAn_YMJ6U)

Short match, but they're letting him stick with his personality. He decided to switch from "Classic" Colt Cabana to Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana.

Another one he had in June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3UfoobDYY

But overall, I think Cabana will do nicely wherever they place him.

J.Clints
07-07-2007, 04:54 AM
They will miss use Cody.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-07-2007, 05:33 AM
You think so? I think they're gonna go with the second generation persona if anything.

J.Clints
07-07-2007, 05:38 AM
You think so? I think they're gonna go with the second generation persona if anything.

Yea But I can already see they will miss use it.

cougarjake13
07-07-2007, 12:40 PM

Yea But I can already see they will miss use it.

already have

they had dusty and him talking in the back at raw monday night and who else but the legend killer himself walked up on them

he brought up how him and cody are alike being the sons of former wrestlers and that he's a 3rd gen

anyway its obviously setting up another legend for him to kill but maybe they ll start a fued with him and cody afterwards with cody out to avenge his dad's legacy

SpicyMcHaggis
07-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Cody got a really good reaction from the crowd on RAW, I'm sure they'll notice that.

I think Paul Birchall has been teaming with Dave Taylor on Smackdown dark matches. If they make them a team, that would be a good addition to the roster of no tag teams.

Tenbatsuzen
07-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Do all the girls who pass through OVW now get mandatory implants?

I mean, Mickie, Beth Phoenix, Jillian...

King Hippos Bandaid
07-14-2007, 06:19 AM

ofcourse, its the boob clause that Vinnie Mac puts into all contracts for Divas who have less than D Cups

:king:

cougarjake13
07-14-2007, 11:32 AM

what are you crazy ???

those are all natural baby !!!!

SpicyMcHaggis
07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah...sure they are.

cougarjake13
07-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah...sure they are.

its true

its damn true

Fallon
07-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah...sure they are.

They're real to me dammit!

JesterOfSadness
07-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Teddy Hart actually got signed to a deal with WWE's new farm club down in Florida(FCW).. I'll give him 2 months before he gets fired.

I'm really wondering if they plan on creating The Hart Foundation 2.0

prothunderball
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Teddy Hart actually got signed to a deal with WWE's new farm club down in Florida(FCW).. I'll give him 2 months before he gets fired.

hasn't that been rumored for a while now?

cougarjake13
07-14-2007, 06:48 PM

who'd the other guy be ???

JesterOfSadness
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah it has, but now it might actually happen. I don't know if they were either:
A. Waiting for Teddys contract with WSX to run out before signing or
B. Really had to think it over if they wanted to bring him in, even when they know how he is attitude wise.

It's just sad that Harry Smith(who is very good) hasn't been called up, and yet we keep getting people like that new hick tag team on smackdown to watch.

Edit: Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Natalie Neidhart, and Teddy

King Imp
07-14-2007, 07:12 PM

On a side note, I really like the pairing of Beth and Jillian as a team. If one didn't know any better you would think these two are related upon seeing them. Too bad there aren't more of them that can actually wrestle and that it isn't very popular. They could bring back the Women's tag team championship.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
If Teddy Hart is serious about having a career in the WWE, at 27 he should wise up and realize he can't act like a "always in character" heel. He'll learn the WWE style, he won't be outrageous in the un-needed way. The guy can work, but he just needs to learn that it's not all about him. If he can get over that, he'll have a career in the WWE and the Hart Foundation can return.

JesterOfSadness
07-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I say just let him wrestle against Regal, Finlay, or anyone else who wrestles stiff. That should teach him to wise up.

I believe I saw a pic of Hart after he wrestled LowKi, and holy shit did Ki fuck him up.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Is Hart going to Florida Championship Wrestling?

JesterOfSadness
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm just saying if he decides to act like a wise ass, just throw Finlay or Regal in his direction.

commish13
07-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Is Hart going to Florida Championship Wrestling?

He debuted in OVW this week, actually. He and Harry Smith were both in the battle royal to see who would go on to face John Cena next Friday at Six Flags. Nattie Neidhart accompanied Teddy to ringside.

ponelas park townie
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
If Teddy Hart is a jackass in the WWE, they will stick Bob Holly on his ass, and Holly will nearly kill him.

Either that or put him in a weapons match with Khali. He would die there, too.

JesterOfSadness
07-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Eh, Holly would probably hurt himself and have to get surgery again.

Even so, there are others who would probably get to Teddy first. I just wonder what will happen when Punk and Hart cross paths again.

JesterOfSadness
07-27-2007, 07:41 AM
"TEDDY HART ALREADY RUBBING PEOPLE THE WRONG WAY IN OVW
By: Bob Ryder
7/26/2007 11:33:04 PM

Teddy Hart has only been in OVW a little over a week, but from reports we're getting he is already rubbing people the wrong way.

One source tells us that he got off to a rough start when he accepted a phone call during a production meeting on his first day in OVW. When one of the trainers asked him to end the call, our source says Hart said the call was important and he continued talking anyway.

Hart has also used injury excuses to skip training practices and does not join his co-workers in cleaning up the building or doing other chores expected of the OVW workers. Today's excuse was said to be an injured thumb.

"He's in his own little world," our source told me tonight. "He's already wearing out his welcome and has only been here a week."

The same source had high praise for Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart. "He gets it. He seems to really want to fit in. Same holds true for Nattie. Teddy just doesn't get it, and probably never will."

Courtesy of 1wrestling.com

Yeah that sounds like Teddy all right.