You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Smack Down belt Cursed [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Smack Down belt Cursed

CYYYFYYY
07-18-2007, 06:06 AM
Edge is now losing it due to injury.
So has Taker
So has Batista
Eddie was supposed to win it and he died
Mysterio got injured (Not sure if it was during the right or slightly after)
It just seams to me that this belt keeps changing hands due to injuries

Dougie Brootal
07-18-2007, 06:09 AM
well than im glad khali won it last nite! maybe we can get that thing on cena and lashley after that.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-18-2007, 06:09 AM
1. Jim Crockett had “The Big Gold Belt” made for Ric Flair in 1986. 2 years later, JCP was near bankruptcy and Crockett was forced to sell to Ted Turner. Business for Jim Crockett’s NWA did suffer after “The Big Gold Belt” was introduced.

2. Ric Flair took the Big Gold Belt to the WWE in 1991. Flair, the NWA and WCW Champion at the time, was “stripped” of both titles. The NWA has been reduced to a shell of its former self and WCW went downhill very fast.

3. However, Flair did not enjoy the same success in the WWE that he had in the NWA, and was back in WCW 18 months later.

4. The NWA Title was revised with the help of New Japan Pro Wrestling. NJPW has seen a major downturn in business since 1993.

5. Rick Rude held “The Big Gold Belt” when he suffered a back injury that ended his career in 1994.

6. Hulk Hogan won “The Big Gold Belt” in 1994. He was able to stave off the curse for a few years by painting “n.W.o.” on the belt and desecrating it, thus amusing the wrestling gods. The curse returned in 1998 when the n.W.o. paint was removed.

7. Lex Luger won “The Big Gold Belt” in 1996. His career and life is in shambles now. Broke and in need of hip surgery, he lives with his pastor in Georgia now.

8. David Arquette won “The Big Gold Belt” in 2000. Arquette’s acting career has gone nowhere since.

9. In February of 2001, Sid Vicious, wrestling for “The Big Gold Belt”, suffers a severe broken leg when he lands on his left leg wrong and his leg virtually snaps in two. Ironically, the belt was vacant at the time due to the former Champion Chris Benoit leaving WCW hours after winning the belt.

10. “The Big Gold Belt” was the WCW Championship from 1994-2001. WCW went from the Number 1 Wrestling Company in the US to total shambles before being sold to WWE for mere pennies of its worth just a few years earlier.

11. Triple H was presented “The Big Gold Belt” when RAW and Smackdown began to recognize separate Champions. RAW’s ratings dropped. Coincidence?

12. Randy Orton won “The Big Gold Belt” in 2004. His career has yet to reach those heights since and he’s been involved in a few incidents that have shed him in a negative light. Coincidence?

13. Batista won “The Big Gold Belt” at Wrestlemania 21. 6 months later, he tore his bicep and thus was out of wrestling for 6 months.

14. Kurt Angle won “The Big Gold Belt” in January 2005. Angle was released from WWE mere months later after a wellness policy suspension and him admitting he was burned out.

15. Rey Mysterio won “The Big Gold Belt” at Wrestlemania 22. Mysterio would suffer a knee injury that would sideline him for 8 months.

16. King Booker won “The Big Gold Belt” in July 2006. Booker was out of wrestling for 4 months with back problems.

17. Undertaker won “The Big Gold Belt” at Wrestlemania 23. Weeks later, he tore his bicep and is not expected back until at least November.

18. Mr. Kennedy, at the time on Smackdown, called his shot and would wrestle for “The Big Gold Belt” at Wrestlemania 23. He tore his bicep 2 weeks later and lost his title shot.

19. Edge won “The Big Gold Belt” from an injured Undertaker. Weeks later, he was forced to relinquish his belt due to a pectoral muscle tear.

20. The Great Khali won the belt in a battle royal. Look for Khali to blow out his knee in a month.

WWE needs to create a brand new belt. They did it with the United States Championship, why not for the World Heavyweight Championship?

JesterOfSadness
07-18-2007, 06:17 AM
To kinda add to Mysterios reign, he did get crushed by pretty much everyone, even as champion. Plus, and here's my opinion on it, but just him winning the belt was a joke. Sorry, but I think he's highly overrated(although I enjoyed him in WCW when he was a skinny dude with the mask).

Freitag
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070713/capt.e931cb06ffc345da86f6e2e3ff210182.wrestler_dea d_ny107.jpg?x=229&y=345&sig=N_KXx9MzLwd5XEDjSCbZ.w--

cougarjake13
07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
To kinda add to Mysterios reign, he did get crushed by pretty much everyone, even as champion. Plus, and here's my opinion on it, but just him winning the belt was a joke. Sorry, but I think he's highly overrated(although I enjoyed him in WCW when he was a skinny dude with the mask).

he only got it b/c eddie died and they had to throw something together

Chimee
07-18-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/5053332/titlecurse