You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
This Is Why Curt Hennig Is My Favorite Wrestler Of All Time [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : This Is Why Curt Hennig Is My Favorite Wrestler Of All Time

Doctor Z
07-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I was browsing through some old wrestling matches on YouTube, when I stumbled across this little gem:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lAPva2ZlByo

For some reason I don't remember watching this live, but at 5:35, you will witness a true spectacle.
Everyone has always made a huge deal out of Hogan bodyslamming Andre at WrestleMania, but this is 100x harder, as Hennig had to raise The Giant completely over his head... and he didn't even get to win the fucking match. Hennig risked his back and his career on that move, and they had The Giant kick out a beat him with a chokeslam... what a load of shit.

Absolutely PERFECT.

Don Stugots
07-25-2007, 02:38 AM
looked like a dead lift too with little to no help from the giant.

great find.

King Hippos Bandaid
07-25-2007, 05:09 AM
I miss Mr. Perfect, He would have had a few more runs with the "E"

:king:

Johnny Manf
07-25-2007, 06:15 AM
that was seriously awesome.
wow.... i dont remember hennig ever doing that but i was impressed.

and yeah buff getting hurt by nothing was hilarious.
and sting clearing the ring was ridiculous too. god i miss WCW in these days.

Freitag
07-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Show/Giant was a unique case in that he actually got soft and lazy in WWE after being a pretty hard worker in WCW, rather than the other way around. He was one of the few Hogan proteges that actually did something.

Freitag
07-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Still doesn't beat the 60 yard pass-and-catch to himself.

RingWraith
07-25-2007, 10:05 AM
It's amazing looking back how much Big Show was in better shape in WCW as the Giant.

I wonder how his career would've been if he'd stayed that way during his whole WWE stint.

Kevin
07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Still doesn't beat the 60 yard pass-and-catch to himself.

Wasnt that 100?

Don Stugots
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
It's amazing looking back how much Big Show was in better shape in WCW as the Giant.

I wonder how his career would've been if he'd stayed that way during his whole WWE stint.

he was THE BIG SHOW in WcW, no doubt about . that is what he was supposed to be. he started making the big $$$ and lost his edge big time. to me the only time he looked liked that in WWF was when he was with shane O'Mac and had the whole Big Nasty Bastard gimmick going.

Doctor Z
07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
looked like a dead lift too with little to no help from the giant.

great find.

Exactly. If you look at any other video of the PerfectPlex, it's normally a very fast move. But in this video you can see Hennig really getting all that weight over his head. Ridiculous.

Don Stugots
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Exactly. If you look at any other video of the PerfectPlex, it's normally a very fast move. But in this video you can see Hennig really getting all that weight over his head. Ridiculous.

i know. you see every muscle in his body getting this move over. no fault to the big show either.

MadMatt
07-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Curt Hennig's appearance on the Muppet show was one of my favorites! The best part was when he made a handkerchief dance for Kermit's nephew Robin.

"It's a world of magic..."

cougarjake13
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
how great would it be to have mr perfect vs mr kennedy ???

NickyL0885
07-25-2007, 03:17 PM
how great would it be to have mr perfect vs mr kennedy ???

Thats what Raw vs Smackdown 2007 is for. :tongue:

Don Stugots
07-25-2007, 03:18 PM

is it any good? i hate getting a game and after playing for 10 mins want to break it with my teeth.

cougarjake13
07-25-2007, 03:27 PM

ahh but its still not the real thing

but its the closest we'll ever get

epo
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I remember seeing this and being stunned that Hennig pulled that off. What a tremendous wrestler.

Kevin
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I still do the gum thing.. everytime.

NickyL0885
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
is it any good? i hate getting a game and after playing for 10 mins want to break it with my teeth.

Yea. Graphics are nice, pretty good storylines. I always use a created character though.

JesterOfSadness
07-25-2007, 05:16 PM
That might have been the first time I've seen that, and wow..Hennig has jumped up a few steps in my book just for that.

cougarjake13
07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
wow i cant believe the giant actually was able to do that hbk jump into a standing position from lying down move

and the way the crowd went nuts when sting showed up made me teary eyed for the golden days of wrasslin

Doctor Z
07-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I still do the gum thing.. everytime.

Same. Can't help it.

foodcourtdruide
07-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I really miss the mr perfect character. He'd put on some great matches, was good on the mic and had a good gimmick. I was disappointed in his last run with WWE, because he was buried in the midcard. Honestly, Randy Orton should watch Curt Hennig's matches and promos and just do a carbon copy of them.

Doctor Z
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I just revisited this video, and realized something else that really gets my attention. Look at the audience during most of the match and even while Hennig is setting up for the PerfectPlex... Everyone's in their seats, no one seems to care much for the match. But the second Hennig gets Giant over his head, the entire crowd explodes. No one can believe he actually did it! 0 to 60 in 1 second. Hennig could do that in the ring. He was one of the few wrestlers left of his time who could still go out there and get a crowd excited about the actual wrestling match. Honestly, not ending the match right there is a slap in the face to Hennig. That maneuver should go down in wrestling history.