You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
CW to broadcast SmackDown in HD [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : CW to broadcast SmackDown in HD

Dan G
07-29-2007, 05:26 AM
The CW Network says 78 percent of its primetime lineup will be in High-Definition by January 2008.

The network's new season will begin this fall, but its HD lineup will be complete when Friday Night Smackdown, the wrestling program, goes high-def in January.

RingWraith
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Cool. Now if only the USA Network and WWE Raw goes HD as well. That would be better.

But I read that the WWE is very hesitant about going HD. One of the things I read was because it might expose some of the wrestlers age, residing hairlines, etc. etc. I might be wrong with the reasons though.

BeltOfScotch
07-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Cool. Now if only the USA Network and WWE Raw goes HD as well. That would be better.

But I read that the WWE is very hesitant about going HD. One of the things I read was because it might expose some of the wrestlers age, residing hairlines, etc. etc. I might be wrong with the reasons though.

That was part of it. They were also nervous about the better picture quality and sound making called spots look more obviously set up.

At the least they should figure out a way to do HD for their PPVs.

JustJon
07-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Don't forget bachne and other side effects of steroids appearing really clearly on HD