You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Newest TNA Signing [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Newest TNA Signing

The_Showstopper
07-30-2007, 12:16 AM
From Rajah.com

Source: WrestlingObserver.com

TNA has once again embarassed itself and the wrestling industry by signing (not confirmed if it already has, but will do so soon if it hasn't) Adam "Pacman" Jones to a short-term deal, according to Hope Hines of WTFV, Ch. 5, news in Nashville.

Pacman Jones was suspended by the NFL recently after being linked by several sources to a Las Vegas shooting that left a man paralyzed from the waist down. Ironically, Tom Urbanski - the man who was the manager of the strip club at which the accident ocurred during NBA All-Star weekend - used to wrestle for AWA in the 1980s.

The signing was supposed to be kept secret until Tuesday when Jeff Jarrett comes back from his international trip, but has been confirmed by Dave Meltzer. With the recent events in professional wrestling, including Congress demanding documentation regarding WWE's Wellness Policy, this is a really ill-timed move by TNA.

I have no idea what TNA is trying to do with this other then gain some publicity, And given this guys off field antics (and the fact that wrestling has gotten enough negative attention in the last month anyway) i dont know what upside there can be from this. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens i guess.

Flea_Man
07-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Horrible decision. Is this a Russo thing?

BeltOfScotch
07-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Finishing Move: the "Make It Rain" legdrop off the top rope

JesterOfSadness
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I know they want to gain more publicity, but seriously...what the fuck?

I really don't know what else to add that isn't going to turn into a huge paragraph, but for now I'm just going to say that this might be thee worst signing they have ever done. Ever.

JesterOfSadness
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Supposedly Test was offered/signed a deal with TNA also.

King Hippos Bandaid
07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
now if they can only sign

Me Caring

:king:

Fallon
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
New finisher:

Falling Star Press?

lleeder
07-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Is he working a program with Bam Bam Bigelow?

Kevin
07-30-2007, 12:47 PM
And this is one of the many.... MANY reasons why TNA will never be anything.

AnnoyedGrunt
07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Is he working a program with Bam Bam Bigelow?

If he does, will working a program with a zombie help TNA's ratings?

xample
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Haven't heard this as confirmed just yet, but I don't believe 'Pacman' will be wrestling in any event. He'll probably be there as a manager, guest referee, or something to that extent.

TNA is really turning into WCW now... lest we forget the Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone days.

King Hippos Bandaid
07-30-2007, 01:23 PM
someone better tell Pacman, that this isnt Dog Fighting, its rasslin

xample
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
They better give him a big yellow suit........

http://www.stevelanasa.com/images/pacman/pac1.jpg

lleeder
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
If he does, will working a program with a zombie help TNA's ratings?

I say yes.

MikeB
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
TNA is really turning into WCW now... lest we forget the Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone days.
And that was when WCW was killing WWE in the ratings.

TNA needs to get their name out, this is a way.

I would sign New Jack and form the New Gangstas

Kevin
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I say yes.

I say no..

DarkHippie
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I would've signed Dig Dug and Mr. Do

King Hippos Bandaid
07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I say no..

I say yes.

I say maybe

JesterOfSadness
07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
And that was when WCW was killing WWE in the ratings.

TNA needs to get their name out, this is a way.

I would sign New Jack and form the New Gangstas

They had New Jack a long while back. Last I remembering him being there, he was teaming with Sharkboy and actually wearing a sharkboy mask.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
This is what I see happening...

TNA will fall under the same trap that WCW did. Eventually the former ROH guys will realize they were better off not signing with TNA and they'll go back to where they came from, giving back more power to ROH. Any TNA originals like Abyss and Lance Hoyt will most likely sign over to WWE. TNA will be stuck with former WWE and WCW stars with no one to build into their next champion. Buyrates will drop, as will ratings. Panda Energy will grow tired of funding a lost cause, and eventually the whole promotion will cease to be.

I know it's been said before and somehow they keep on going, but this time I think it's for real. They've made all the mistakes I wish they never would make, but when you have the same guys who ran WCW during it's fall running the show now, you're only going to get repeated history.

Fallon
07-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh... sorry.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2956074

King Hippos Bandaid
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh... sorry.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2956074

http://right-thoughts.us/images/uploads/nelson-haha.gif

No Controversial Signing

You Still rassle in a silly ring and all job to Jeff Jarret because he sign your paychecks