You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
My Wrestling Promotion [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : My Wrestling Promotion

SpicyMcHaggis
08-03-2007, 05:51 AM
One day, if I was able to afford it, I would like to start my own wrestling promotion. Now a lot of promoters from NJ/NY always go, "Oh, good, another one." But to be noticeable you have to have something that no one else has.

My premise would be to bring the Japanese style of puroesu (pure wrestling) to the United States. Now I know Ring of Honor originally started that way but they are still wrestling under the American traditions of having storylines and good guys/bad guys.

My promotion would be under these guidelines:

- Pro Wrestling would be treated like boxing matches or MMA fights. No good guys, no bad guys, strict competition.

- Gimmicks are for entertainment, and that's exactly how they'd be treated, as entertainment matches meaning that there is a full awareness for those types of matches are not to be taken as seriously.

- My roster would consist of Fighters, not Superstars, because that's what they are.

- Cheating in any form would be seen as an ultimate sign of disrespect towards the opponent (and if done in the proper aspect of booking, and done in the right fashion during a match, wouldn't be seen as blatant cheating but "fighting dirty" which may in turn become a style of a fighter). So no outside interference, any harm to the ref will be recognized by ringside officials as well.

- Since we're treating it like a sport, it has to look like a legit sport. I would go so far as to style the ring in a way the Japanese promotions do which look more like a boxing/fighting ring than anything else.

- Championship titles would consist of three divisions: Heavyweight (220 and above), Tag Team, and Junior Heavyweight (220 and below). Weight divisions would be upheld. You will never see a Junior Heavyweight and Heavyweight fight unless it is a special attraction.

Now all I would need is a name. I'm hoping that someone like Antonio Inoki would bring this over to the United States to truly bring an alternative to the sport so that wrestling can enter a new direction and become dignified again.

King Hippos Bandaid
08-03-2007, 05:59 AM
My Wrestling Promotion would involve dogs fighting to the Death

Oh Wait that's Michael Vick's Wrestling Fed

:king:

SpicyMcHaggis
08-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Any ideas for a serious type name if I were to ever bring this into fruition? Fighting Spirit unfortunately has already been taken.

Tully Blanchard
08-03-2007, 06:54 AM
I for one would love to see this type of promotion. good show young man.

topless_mike
08-03-2007, 07:44 AM
would it be appropriate to wear a godzilla mask as i enter the ring?

JesterOfSadness
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
About the roster, Would you be bringing in whoever you can possibly book or would you base the bookings of wrestlers on their abilities and how the crowd favors them(kind of like ROH)?

cougarjake13
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
how about PWF ????

PURE WRESTLING FEDERATION

xample
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
One day, if I was able to afford it, I would like to start my own wrestling promotion. Now a lot of promoters from NJ/NY always go, "Oh, good, another one." But to be noticeable you have to have something that no one else has.

My premise would be to bring the Japanese style of puroesu (pure wrestling) to the United States. Now I know Ring of Honor originally started that way but they are still wrestling under the American traditions of having storylines and good guys/bad guys.

My promotion would be under these guidelines:

- Pro Wrestling would be treated like boxing matches or MMA fights. No good guys, no bad guys, strict competition.

- Gimmicks are for entertainment, and that's exactly how they'd be treated, as entertainment matches meaning that there is a full awareness for those types of matches are not to be taken as seriously.

- My roster would consist of Fighters, not Superstars, because that's what they are.

- Cheating in any form would be seen as an ultimate sign of disrespect towards the opponent (and if done in the proper aspect of booking, and done in the right fashion during a match, wouldn't be seen as blatant cheating but "fighting dirty" which may in turn become a style of a fighter). So no outside interference, any harm to the ref will be recognized by ringside officials as well.

- Since we're treating it like a sport, it has to look like a legit sport. I would go so far as to style the ring in a way the Japanese promotions do which look more like a boxing/fighting ring than anything else.

- Championship titles would consist of three divisions: Heavyweight (220 and above), Tag Team, and Junior Heavyweight (220 and below). Weight divisions would be upheld. You will never see a Junior Heavyweight and Heavyweight fight unless it is a special attraction.

Now all I would need is a name. I'm hoping that someone like Antonio Inoki would bring this over to the United States to truly bring an alternative to the sport so that wrestling can enter a new direction and become dignified again.

I just have to say this is beautiful vision Spicy. Would love to see this some day.

And I go with Cougar.. PWF (Pure Wrestling Fed.) is a good name.

JesterOfSadness
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Puro Espíritu Lucha
(Pure Spirits Wrestling)

Eh I tried.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Actually, that doesn't sound to bad, Pure Wrestling Federation. As far as contracts go, it would once again be like boxing or MMA where popular fighters are brought in more. But alas, I have no wealthy backers to provide for such a task.

As far as venues I'd go with legit sporting arenas like in Atlantic City, Vegas, Manhattan Center, places like that. The more legit it's presented, the more it will be taken seriously.

buzzard
08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
bring back midgets!..or drag-wrestling..or chicks wrestling for real!...in tear-away costumes.:clap:

MikeB
08-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Sounds just like boxing.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Kinda the point. I think this is the next direction that pro wrestling should take in order for it to become something more than the standards we've come to all accept.

cougarjake13
08-05-2007, 07:56 AM
the main problem is vince has no real competition to force him to put out great stuff and he knows he can do a half ass job and people will still watch, buy merch, and go to live shows

what we need is for TNA or ROH or both to become real comp for the wwe

and force them to make changes, for one i'd start with making it one fed, 2 shows and get rid of all the jobbers that are there just to fill the 2 hours up

oh_kee_pa
08-05-2007, 08:26 AM
but don't people watch wrestling for the gimmicks... i.e. the male soap opera...
If i wanted to see straight fighting, i would want to see real straight fighting... no? Something not w/ a pre-determined result

Cockstrong
08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
but don't people watch wrestling for the gimmicks... i.e. the male soap opera...
If i wanted to see straight fighting, i would want to see real straight fighting... no? Something not w/ a pre-determined result

That's why most people in America watch wrestling: for the gimmicks.

This idea has been successful in Japan, because puroresu, and its off-shoots of shooto, shoot fighting, and worked MMA matches, are all treated with the respect of legitimate sports in that country.

Some promoters have brought over shoot wrestling promotions for exhibitions in the US, but they haven't been successful.

MadMatt
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
That's why most people in America watch wrestling: for the gimmicks.

This idea has been successful in Japan, because puroresu, and its off-shoots of shooto, shoot fighting, and worked MMA matches, are all treated with the respect of legitimate sports in that country.

Some promoters have brought over shoot wrestling promotions for exhibitions in the US, but they haven't been successful.

But I think that is part of Spicy's point. If that type of fighting/wrestling is brought to the US and given the right kind of backing and promotion, it could probably be successful.

Look at how successful Ultimate Fighting has become. It is all about fighting and fighting well. No gimmicks, no faking, no additional drama - just sport.

Treated and promoted like a sport instead of entertainment, I think wrestling could become as popular as boxing or UFC. However, the matches would have to be legitimately athletic and entertaining. It will also be tough to differentiate itself from Wrestling Entertainment but I am sure it could be done.

oh_kee_pa
08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
But I think that is part of Spicy's point. If that type of fighting/wrestling is brought to the US and given the right kind of backing and promotion, it could probably be successful.

Look at how successful Ultimate Fighting has become. It is all about fighting and fighting well. No gimmicks, no faking, no additional drama - just sport.

Treated and promoted like a sport instead of entertainment, I think wrestling could become as popular as boxing or UFC. However, the matches would have to be legitimately athletic and entertaining. It will also be tough to differentiate itself from Wrestling Entertainment but I am sure it could be done.

people won't buy it because of what "wrestling" is in america... personally i like interviews, gimicks, ladder matches etc... i'm sure theres a market for it but i think MMA is going to suck that up

SpicyMcHaggis
08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Now, I'm not against certain matches or whatever. Japan does that with their wrestling as well. I know it would never really get lifted off the ground unless funded properly with a big name sports guy behind it and having a big name to lead the way, like Brock Lesnar, one of the biggest free agents right now. You take his name and build your fed around it and you might be able to do something. I know Antonio Inoki did it with Kurt Angle and Lesnar with his Inoki Genome Federation. I'm sure he could make it big in the US with something similar to the IGF in the United States.

ChrisTheCop
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Sounds just like boxing.

In bed.
with a chihuahua