You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The first installment of Kathleen from the Bronx's blog "Dear Ron and Fez Shooow," [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The first installment of Kathleen from the Bronx's blog "Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,"

mikeyboy
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Below is Kathleen's first installment of her blog "Dear Ron and Fez Shooow," Enjoy

--

Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Hey, I was thinkin... I was thinking about what this one caller said today about, "having an unhealthy obsession with your show." Yeah...me too!! I was wondering if maybe most everyone who loves this program is likely to wonder at some point or another if it is indeed taking over their lives.....

Over the years I have found myself in many the uncomfortable situation realizing that I am laughing out loud.... by myself.... in public. It happens all the tiiiime....I'll be walkin down to the 7-11 cause 5 O'clock is a-comin and the ole gal needs her St. Ides....Just maybe as I'm trudging along I'll remember that time today when some woman called in to yell at Fezzie and he responded with, "I'm sorry sir!" HAH! She was a chick and you knew it... and it killed me I tells ya!!!

I made a mental note to remember to address the next telemarketer as, "Sir Ma'am," the next time I receive an annoying call about them, "turning my off my cable," or something..... Oh...they aren't telemarketers! Right... right...they're bill collectors... same diff... Whatever...you know what I mean....Also, I may have invented, "Sir Ma'am," but all a yez...seriously...feel free to utilize..... Anyway, when I catch me laughing to myself I then ponder that it must seem like I'm an escaped mental patient, blithering to myself there, to the people driving by on road ... How they must pity, "oooh that poooor soul....." .... and yeah.... that unintentional crazy act is always due to remembering one line or another....or some conversation that I'm thinking back on.

I wonder if people find me crazy during such moments... but then say somethin bitches! I dare you... If you catch me out on my back deck today laughing to myself.... maybe you'll wanna throw some kinda hairy eyeball up my way....Yeah, I'm talkin to you, lady who's walking very small breed dogs! You might find yaself on the business end of a, "Fuck YOU Fuckball!" just cause I heard that on the show today and it made me laugh like crazy... I'll steal your lines Ronnie B! I told you...... "USEFUL!" .....or maybe I shouldn't yell that.... especially after all that mending fences talk today.... Yeah! I should forgive her for thinking I am a madwoman an' shit......Who couldn't use more friends, right??

It's like East Side Dave said, "Friends are like sausage links!" Yeah they are! I eventually cut my friends off and grill them over hot coals..... You are right!!! I've thought this before and I'm pretty sure that it's true.....Some of that ESD's ideas are so crazy.....they are ideas so crazy they are the stuff on which religions' laws are based! Most of his religious laws would be of the, "thou shalt not call that a sandwich," variety.....but along with parables like, "friends are like sausage links," and ideas about cloud cities....I'm tellin ya.... Write that stuff down and bury it in the desert!!! In many, many years someone will dig it up and find it as pure revelation.... and base a religion offa it....... Oooooh you learn things.....Where was I goin wit this??? Oh yeah.... So I'm obsessed too.... but I'm not sure if it's unhealthy. Ya see, if not for The Ron and Fez Show I might be prone to keeping varied musings to myself... and we all know that keeping shit to yourself is not good for you! Share!

I now feel perfectly free to share this.... since the show M.A.S.H came up for a split second today..... For that reason alone I feel the need for all to know that the mere mention of, "M.A.S.H," makes me think of plaid sofas and butter rum lifesavers and visiting elderly relatives. All them elderly relatives sure love M.A.S.H!! M.A.S.H. also always gives me the distinct feeling that either football is over or that we are in between games....That means, kinda drunk, and a little sad... Look, I realize it was a funny show, but I'm just tellin you the facts..... With all my confessions being blurted out here, I guess you should know that the seeing the beginning of M.A.S.H. on T.V. doesn't necessarily make me feel like happy fun times are around the corner.... Hey, didn't someone bring up Mama's Family, too? I HAAAAAATE Mama's Family.... You think a certain Vicki Lawrence might mind her p's and q's after whaaaaatever that shit was about...thinking she should sing, "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia?!?!"

If not for The Ron and Fez Show I might not spend as much time planning what I'd do if the time machine was created, but I can tell you this much....... Though going back in time to smack Vicki Lawrence in the face while screaming, "DON'T SING!" isn't like the top of my list of, "What I Would Do if Time Machines Were Invented;" it seriously might be liiiiiike probably number seven....Anyway... I dug ole syndicated sitcoms talk....

Yeah, so I'm obsessed alright.... I'm so into this show that I too would go to Ronnie's one book signing... AND I wouldn't be surprised at all to find myself camped out all Grateful Dead tickets style in sleeping bags in a parking lot, either....! I would see the movie too.... It would be a, "Close up of Ronnie B. reading the book," I believe he said...... Hell yeah, who among us wouldn't show up for that!!?? He said, "The NEXT Kerouac??!!?? I didn't see him comin up with 3,000 interesting lines!" Ya right about that too....and I'd buy the workbook.....

Ohhh man, I am just goin on and onnnnn here.... better end this soon......but this I guess is the point: I feel the obsession too that a caller spoke of...... I don't want to miss even a minute ever..... I don't want to miss a moment... That includes the times that they are doin the show from a broom closet while Earl is conducting, "the Pink Floyd light show...."

As long as I get to hear my peoples I'm feeling mad healthy :) Hey, some other time don't let me forget to remind you about the time that I learned that a bag of oranges can be used as a weapon!!!! I told ya... You LEARN things!! That's healthy too....

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

ChrisTheCop
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
and just why isnt she posting this herself???
but ok, good stuff.

mikeyboy
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
and just why isnt she posting this herself???

Because when we spoke last, we hadn't yet set up the forum, so she sent it to me first. She'll be posting future installments here herself.

Marc with a c
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
i had to read it twice, because the first time i read it in rons kathleen impression and i missed alot of it.

fuck vicki lawerence!

more kathleen is good for the world.

JustJon
08-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Kathleen, can you cook me up one of those sausages? I'm starvin'

mikeyboy
08-08-2007, 06:46 PM
fuck vicki lawerence!

My new mantra.

Sleeves
08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I love K from the B's last bus blog and love this...

the whole thing about MASH is great but this is killer: "M.A.S.H. also always gives me the distinct feeling that either football is over or that we are in between games..."

I won't say no more. Just keep goin

donnie_darko
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
i've always loved kathleens voice
this should be on the show.

Leticia
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
This is awesome. I look forward to the next installment.

:) :)

Whoo hoo St. Ides! Haha, St. Ides was the best... except for the tasting sorta bad part.

PapaBear
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Great job, Kathleen! Keep em coming.

IMSlacker
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
i had to read it twice, because the first time i read it in rons kathleen impression and i missed alot of it.

This is impossible to read without hearing Ron's Kathleen impression in my head. I may need to get my wife to read it to me.

edit: Oh, and great job, btw!

The Blowhard
08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Let's meet later at Sardi's and wait for the rave reviews. Brava!

reillyluck
08-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Excellent First installment!!!! love Kathleen!! KEEPIN IT REEEEEEEL!!!!!!!!

drjoek
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Kathleen from the Bronx
:clap:

We salute you
:thumbup:
Ladies and Gentlemen The Bronx is Burning

epo
08-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I must admit that Kathleen's blog is one very entertaining read. Great work! :D

Badinia
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice job, lady!

THIS is the sort of thing that drowns amphibians, and that sets Ronfez.net apart from the crowd! As the suits say, that's good branding!

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
HEy, everybody... Thank you so much for checkin this out!!! Thanks for your posts...

I know that just like everyone else here, I fuckin love The Ron and Fez Show so much.... and so much of what happens everyday- the funny lines and random topics, all that great stuff makes me wanna ramble on and on about it and I really appreciate the opportunity to ramble about it here! Thank you so much again :):):)

Fat_Sunny
08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Way To Go Kathleen! F_S Steals Lines All The Time. Like Next Time A Female Customer Calls And Complains To F_S, He's Gonna Say "Thank You For Your Comments, SIR....Like Fez Did With Swanson Today!

Looking Forward To Future Installments From KFTB!!

envirogator
08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
yo kathleen...great job....I so want to say Bri Bri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobrobot
08-09-2007, 03:59 AM
I have seen the future of blogging & her name is Muthah McMoidah... ummm... Kathleen from da Bronx... (sorry, I didn't mean to give out my "pet name" 4 ya!!! HA HA HA!!!) I relly believe she is the Diane DiPrima of the Ron n Fez Generation!!!

http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/anglistik/kerkhoff/beatgeneration/diPrimaMemoirs2.gif

bobrobot
08-09-2007, 04:00 AM
I have seen the future of blogging & her name is Muthah McMoidah... ummm... Kathleen from da Bronx... (sorry, I didn't mean to give out my "pet name" 4 ya!!! HA HA HA!!!) I really believe she is the Diane DiPrima of the Ron n Fez Generation!!!

http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/anglistik/kerkhoff/beatgeneration/diPrimaMemoirs2.gif

bobrobot
08-09-2007, 04:02 AM
I have seen the future of blogging & her name is Muthah McMoidah... ummm... Kathleen from da Bronx... (sorry, I didn't mean to give out my "pet name" 4 ya!!! HA HA HA!!!)
I really believe she is the Diane Di Prima of the Ron n Fez Generation!!!

http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/anglistik/kerkhoff/beatgeneration/diPrimaMemoirs2.gifhttp://jacketmagazine.com/18/px/ddp.jpg

KennethC
08-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Just as Fish once saved Pittsburgh, I believe Kathleen's Boogie Down Blog can save Ronfez.net.

I'm also relieved to hear the rumors about you living in a plastic bubble are unfounded.

bobrobot
08-09-2007, 06:06 AM
oops, triple post, soooorrrryyy!!! didn't notice that... my baddy!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/bobogolem/eyespin.gif

moochcassidy
08-09-2007, 06:07 AM
That's the miracle...The Miracle of KBX.

It's not just this blog. Its this woman. It's the compassion. It's the dignity.... the wisdom.

It's the horse sense...of the gal that gets you!

Mikey, youre wise, what do I say to someone who has turned my whole life around forever and who is giving so much of her time and vacation to make me better.

What I'd really like to do is put the greatness of this woman in perspective. I think there's really only 3 names

Dr Albert Schweitzer,

Mother Theresa of Calcutta.... probably,

and KBX

Pretty impressive stuff Kathleen !

annnd SCENE

after R&F, NO ONE makes me crack up as much as this nutcase.

her blogs and emails and general mental ramblings may well be the musings of a severely bonkers and potentially violently psychotic individual...but theyre good for a giggle between shows.

i could go on forever about how fuckin quality this chick is but i wont because i think i hear her fashioning a crude shiv like device to slllliiice my fingertips off.

ralphbxny
08-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Nice job Kathleen!! I raise my 40oz in honor of the new Blog!!!

Earlshog
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM

ibanez23
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I can relate to being addicted to the show.When noon arrives and the buddays are not live for some reason,I get that feeling like when Your favorite team just lost the superbowl.

Fat_Sunny
08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=moochcassidy;1421827]That's the miracle...The Miracle of KBX.

It's not just this blog. Its this woman. It's the compassion. It's the dignity.... the wisdom.

It's the horse sense...of the gal that gets you!

Mikey, youre wise, what do I say to someone who has turned my whole life around forever and who is giving so much of her time and vacation to make me better.

What I'd really like to do is put the greatness of this woman in perspective. I think there's really only 3 names

Dr Albert Schweitzer,

Mother Theresa of Calcutta.... probably,

and KBX

Pretty impressive stuff Kathleen !

annnd SCENE

after R&F, NO ONE makes me crack up as much as this nutcase. [QUOTE]

And With All That, She Still Manages To Have The Best MANNERS On RF.Net.....By Far!

JerseyRich
08-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Nice Job Kathleen.

A very funny read.

You owe me beers.

SouthSideJohnny
08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Great job and a very enjoyable read!!!

But, I suggest changing the blog title to "Rockin and Rollin and Whatnot"

drusilla
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

buzzard
08-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Your perceptions are gotten,witty & insightful.:clap:

happytypinggirl
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Great addition to the board!

zildjian361
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
HEy, everybody... Thank you so much for checkin this out!!! Thanks for your posts...

I know that just like everyone else here, I fuckin love The Ron and Fez Show so much.... and so much of what happens everyday- the funny lines and random topics, all that great stuff makes me wanna ramble on and on about it and I really appreciate the opportunity to ramble about it here! Thank you so much again :):):)

Ramble on my little Red Head wish i knew how to post the picture we took together at the Ron & Fez BIG ASS BASH at the Hard Rock but i'll bring the next time we meet up again at a Ron & Fez party, Zildjian 361 aka Mark from the Lttle Ferry::wink:

fohat
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I love this blog
It's much better then Cats
I'm going to read it again and again

deepinthewoods
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Thleen; you give great headline!

esdhater
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Love It!!! Would also be cool if you recorded it and they played it on the show. Love to hear your voice/accent reading it.

Mafialife Chris
08-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, there more like short novels, and there AWSOME! I smell a hard cover book signing.
I'm gonna sleep in those threads. Nice work, and congrats!

EffMeBoobs
08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I love the K from the B!!!!!!!!

Congrats, you are so funnnnnny and so riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. This blog is making me so happy right now.

Are Gee
08-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Real good.

Elias
08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
why can't i post a new thread in this forum?

mikeyboy
08-10-2007, 02:08 PM
why can't i post a new thread in this forum?

Because only Kathleen and the mods and admins can start new threads in this forum. This forum is dedicated solely to Kathleen's blogs, so there's no need for others to be able to start threads in this forum. Feel free to respond to Kathleen's blogs, of course.

Dingbat_Charlie
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
R&F.netters breathlessly await the release of installment #3. Screw Harry Potter, "Dear Ron and Fez" is what the cool kids read.

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for lookin out Dingbat!!! I just put today's blog up....... :smile:

Green Lantern
08-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Good stuff, good stuff