You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
8/14/07 I Can Still Be Shocked... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 8/14/07 I Can Still Be Shocked...

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I was thinking about what you guys were talking about today... Are we so desensitized as a sociiiiietyyy, that we are unable to be shocked? Well pals, I'm not tryin to come off as some kinda naive fool... but I find myself shocked almost daily! Nah, I'm not talking about my stint here in the asylum.. this time.... I'm sayin, maybe I have been being over protective of myself over the years; I'm still like one of twelve people in the world who has not seen, "Faces of Death," yet.... I just don't want some stuff in my head... So I guess shielding myself from the harsh realities leaves me open to be a little horrified unexpectedly now n then......

For instance, Ronnie- you brought up receiving crazy emails at times.... Oh man...I can relate! It's like this, "friend," of mine kept forwarding me these hideous and troubling pictures for over two months straight.... I was disgusted, aghast reallly! I finally had to confront her I about it...via email...I type yelled:

"For the love of God!! What is with you and these despicable pictures!!!???? You are a disgrace!! Is this all some kind of sick joke!!??! You send me shit like this, I can't sleep at night....You send me anything like this again, your ass is grass!!!!!!!"

Well you can imagine my embarrassment when she replied to my message, informing me that those emails contained photos of her new baby.... Talk about shocked! You call THAT, a human head?

Anyway, you guys had lotsa interesting conversations today.... One that struck me particularly funny was when you briefly spoke about sex-ed stages of ignorance.... "He's WHAT!?? He's pissing in her??" That was adorable.... but... yo, if ya wanna keep talking about shocks for one more quick second- I'll tell ya...... I can still vividly remember being seven and my friend Monica from upstairs who was in 4th grade telling me what was up....

On the second floor landing in the stairwell of my old building she told me, "The boy puts it in you and he leaves an egg, and it sticks to your rib," she told me as she pointed at her rib...." and then it turns into a baby.....Preggers." In my head I was like, "Whhaaaat.... you gotta be kidding me!!!??? I've seen those things, how could an egg get out of that???! Who would put up with this!??!!?" but of course I took it like, "Yes, of course." For sometime afterward I would see adults and think, "What are you sick people up to?" Ahhh kids.... Oh yeah kids- that reminds me!

I just recalled that story Ron was tellin today about seeing a woman on the street who was getting punched in the back by her five year old son, hard as he could. She was all pleading with the kid and just trying to get him to stop with the tantrum... but this kid kept screaming "I hate you!!" at her repeatedly... Ron goes, "I really wanted to walk up to this lady and say, 'Please Ma'am, just give me a reason and I'll kick this kid to death.'" I bet that little boy would be pretty shocked if his moms responded to Ron, "Alright pal... whatever... go right ahead!" all defeated, while hurling the kid over Ron's direction by his skinny little arm.... That would be a lesson that twerp would never forget...if through some miracle he survived.

I guess I was also shocked today by Dave's announcement of a big teddy bear funeral celebration thing.......but... Ron and Fez show, you know me; I am but a simple woman... I have only attended Irish wakes and biker gang send offs for fallen riders.... So, I wish not to judge that insanity about animal costumes around a coffin and stuff... In fact, other cultures' funeral rituals are pretty interesting to me......

I kinda dig the imagery of the burning funeral pyre floating down the Ganges Riverin India.... or a Viking burial where a ship is pushed out to sea, flames climbing its mast and sail as it transports the heroic body into the setting sun... Hmm... wait, maybe I just like to see floating fire... Hey will ya look at that! ...I dunno... As much as these things interest me, I've never had much care for what becomes of me once I kick the bucket.... I'm dead, ya know? After listening to today's show, however, I have begun to give it more thought...

Today we heard the phrase, "It's what she would have wanted..." time and time again....You go to funerals you hear that statement and it makes me wonder just how many souls are peeking down from heaven at their own funeral thinking, "What the hey? You went with purple!??" and, "All these years I've been screaming at you Phil, 'Ya don't know the first thing about me!' and it turns out to be true!" Stuff like that.... Yeah I still somehow think that annoyance exists in Heaven... Ummm... but anyway..

It got me thinkin about funerals..... and I believe that starting today, I am about to embark on the compiling of a long and detailed list of demands for my funeral in a will. With all this talk of, "it would have been just as she wanted it," I want to be sure that my intentions would REALLY be carried out according to my specifications...

Every stipulation will relay a ceremony that would be exactly the opposite of anything I would ever want to be linked to in life... Just to befuddle people! I will probably have to secretly hire some lawyer to handle this for me so that it is a surprise to one and all of my loved ones who are still kickin at that point.. So I'm trusting you not to leak this info, Ron and Fez Show! (shakes fist menacingly)....

So, upon death I was thinking about goin for a real 1980's high powered executive look... Think, Melanie Griffith in, "Working Girl,"....BEFORE the makeover...... In a sassy hairdo and a smart 80's shoulder padded suit I will lie there in me casket! What else, what esle...??? Oh man! I should probably just have the soundtrack to that very film playing softly during the viewing too..... Yeah.... It'll be all Carly Simon and Chris De Burgh songs at first! For the record I was not really aware of what was on the soundtrack....but after investigating just now... I am sure that is exactly nothing I would have enjoyed in life.... so take it in my death, weirdos!

I may have to hire an actor to give my touching eulogy, (everyone's like, "WHO is THIS guy!?? He just said he was he best friend!") about how all I ever wanted in life was, "to make it in the cut-throat world of high finance, and how, 'she made it baby!'" It is now my fondest wish that all attendees will have to file out of the funeral home singing together, "Hotel California," ....while uncomfortably whispering among themselves, "Is this really what she would have wanted???" I know that song's not on the soundtrack, but it'll work! Believe meeee....

This may be one of my best and pointless long term plans yet! Shit, I may not even be able to see it from wherever I'm at......but.... I'm gonna take a chance and chalk it up to one of them, "spice o' life," experiences that I will be able to leave for people to wonder about.... and remember me by..... I'm sure I will be able to add more details as the years drag on.... (knock on wood).

Well Ron and Fez Show.... It was fun typing this to yez as I happily was able to hear more of ya on that hostile take over... "that wasn't so hostile!" on KROCK today! You guys sounded so great! I was happy to hear about yez buring down huts and everything else...and looting the station of their office supplies and tickets.... AND THEN a bonus visit from The Natchaaaa Boy....That was beast.... Yeah me ole ears perked up every time yez came back from a music break...... Love extra Ron and Fez!!! Dug hearing news stuffs like the word about Jack White's newborn baby.... Ron was like, "Aww I bet he's the whitest baby in the world!" Fezzie thought that this kid was so white he was invisible.....Ron said they called him, "Aquarium." Man, these rock stars and the crazy names they call their kids, right?!? Oh...........Ooh. That reminds me... I wonder how many people quickly went to google the name, "Wolfie Van Halen, " today. I certainly had to....

Wolfie's an adorable lil feller and everything, but I guess that statement today by Opie that Ron looks like him... or could be his pops, launched the radio war back into high gear again... I wonder if we will all look back on this day as the one we all heard, "The quip heard round the world." I ask you all to take a moment to pray for radio peace.... and by all means forget you ever heard that number that's posted on many message boards, right there for the taking!! Man, that whole thing had me cackling....um...cackling with concern, of course! You guys are the best :0) Peace out!

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Badinia
08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Well worth waiting for. I'm excited to be the first to read it!

Babies *are* hideous.

Green Lantern
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Your blogs kick major ass!:wink:

Fezticle98
08-14-2007, 06:16 PM
You were certainly shocked when that broad bronskied you at Dremo's. Or did you bronski her? How does that work?

Loving the blogs!

FreshJ
08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Stop sending Pictures, Oh that is your kid? Man that stuff had me Rolling.

Dre
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM
BLOG GREATNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I loved it, keep em' coming, it's what I would have wanted. :wink:

ChrisTheCop
08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah. that baby picture in the email made me laugh out...loudly.

but what phone number are you talking about?
I couldve sworn

646-258-6507

was just a joke...is it really
opies cellphone number???

moochcassidy
08-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Phiiil?...Connor?!?

AKA
08-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I was thinking about what you guys were talking about today... Are we so desensitized as a sociiiiietyyy, that we are unable to be shocked? Well pals, I'm not tryin to come off as some kinda naive fool... but I find myself shocked almost daily! Nah, I'm not talking about my stint here in the asylum.. this time.... I'm sayin, maybe I have been being over protective of myself over the years; I'm still like one of twelve people in the world who has not seen, "Faces of Death," yet.... I just don't want some stuff in my head... So I guess shielding myself from the harsh realities leaves me open to be a little horrified unexpectedly now n then......

Buddy-girl, I am with you on this 100%.

I was screaming at the radio (like the lunatic I am) that I actually disagreed with the assesment that the desensitization is as widespread as it is, and really disagreed with the comment that "you don't have a choice these days" to avoid these things.

Maybe in certain circles/communities/demographics it seems as such, but there are still a lot of people (poor or old) who do not have the internet - there are a lot of people with the internet who still have dial up - there are a lot of people with high speed, who still use it to only check Yahoo News and their e-mail - and there are a lot of people who are web savy who made the choice to avoid and block out material that they know they do not want to see at all. Based on my work with people who study web trends and usability, the majority is not seeking out the tragic events of daily life.

I remember very well when the Faces of Death series came out - I was a teen and was way into horror/slasher/gore movies. Really big into Fulci and Romero and Argento all of that, and I remember reading about FoD with complete revulsion that (a) this material was out there and (b) people wanted to see it. I still had fresh in my memory a video clip NBC's "Today Show" ran back in 1982 that showed a man walking calmly down to the edge of a raging river and just walking in and vanishing - all to the shock and horror of a news crew, who zoomed in on his face as it went under the water - and ultimately down over Niagra Falls. The look on his face - knowing that this was his last moment on earth, and it was frozen on time, is something I still can't shake, and it's something that prevented me all these years from watching "Faces of Death" (I did see about 10 minutes of the second one back in college, but walked out) - it's prevented me from watching the Vic Marrow helecopter footage - it prevented me from ever seeking out the Budd Dwyyer suicide clip - and it prevented me from looking at more than a couple of stills from the beheading images from Iraq. I'm not completely squeamish, and I was not above taking a peak at Rotten.com when I first got on the internet myself, but I do try and avoid images that focus on the last moment's of people's life (the pizza guy with the bomb around his neck, or the helecopter crash recently come to mind) - that to me is such a private, personal thing - I don't see entertainment in that - I find it heartbreaking.

Maybe as a result (I don't know), I can still be shocked by images from real life. Katrina's magnitude really registered with me - as did the Tsunami. As much as as 9/11, and I live a mile from the Pentagon and watched it burn that day. No tragic event, for me, has gotten easier as time has gone on - whether they happen in my neighborhood, to poor people down in the south, or people in other countries.

One thing that that does not shock me anymore is behavior, however - and this is where I am as cynical as anyone else. I use to think that a positive aftermath of Watergate was that we, as a nation, were less naive about our public officials, but somewhere in the 1990s a real, nasty shift began to happen and take root, and in 2000 I officially watched it get snuffed out. There's nothing our government can do now that can shock me - I'm numb to it all. They seem to do it gleefully, and with no regard that they are doing a segment's bidding, not for the entire country.

zolo6029
08-15-2007, 05:57 AM
You have said what I feel about "faces of death",I don't want that kind of crap in my head either. DO NOT stop this great blog.

JPMNICK
08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
lots of words

but very funny and entertaining!

ibanez23
08-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Great stufff, as always Kat.But I have to say one of the funniest lines I ever heard on radio was"I would like everyone to come to the funeral in animal costumes'".Can you picture Dave asking Ronnie to show up in a kangaroo suit to a funeral? The fun never ends with this show, and Kats blog. Keep it up girl.

AKA
08-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Can it be said enough how great this blog is? Seriously...I'm like freaking out over here I love it so bad. Wish someone knew a thing or two about a thing or two about RSS feeds and hook this joint up.

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Phiiil?...Connor?!?

Hey now!!! Don't U tell me you don't remember me cause I SURE AS HECKFIRE remember you!!!!

Ned... Ryerson!! Needlenose Ned? Ned the Head? Come on, buddy..... Case Western High???

I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate?! Bing, again!!! Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?????!!

reillyluck
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
youre blogs make me miss you more and more!!! Come home already!!!!

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey :0) Thank yez so much for checkin out me blaaarg! Thanks for leaving your thoughts and everything, really cool......

I just wanted to let ya know that today's blog will be mad late because of a prior commitment for which I must leave headquarters for in a few minutes..... I asked that damn secretary of mine, Jeanette, to clear my schedule.... but I can't get out of this one.... I really don't know why I haven't fired her yet..

Anyway, the blog for 8/15/07 will be posted either deeep in the night or in the morningish...

For real, for real... thanks again everybody for checking these out... I appreciate it like crazy!! :0)

psst... AKA- You know I hadda go look up wha a RSS feed is, right?? Grandma don't know technologies!!

EffMeBoobs
08-15-2007, 12:38 PM
... I have only attended Irish wakes and biker gang send offs for fallen riders....
Oh god if I hear another "Danny Boy" at a funeral...I think I'll crawl in the coffin along with them. So horrid!!!!

ppanda
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
youre blogs make me miss you more and more!!! Come home already!!!!

- if you know what I mean. :wink:

ChrisTheCop
08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I think I'll crawl in bed with them. So horrid!!!!if u know what i mean