You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
8/15/07 "I'll see you in Clicheville, man!!!" [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 8/15/07 "I'll see you in Clicheville, man!!!"

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Hey, remember when Ronnie said to that caller, "I'll see you in Clicheville, man!!" after the guy was rattling off something about when life gives you lemons, there's a light at the end of the tunnel....that kinda thing.....? I don't exactly recollect what this gentleman caller was sayin, but I do remember laughing hard at, "Clicheville," and when Ron said, "That's the way I'd talk all day long if I didn't have a brain!" Yes I did so laugh... ahhh me... and isn't laughter the best medicine!? Chuckle, chuckle......

Well Ron and Fez Show, I don't think I'm letting the cat out of the bag here, but I am under the suspicion that I go around talking like I don't have a brain all day anyway... sooo.... it occurred to me... why not add some more cliches into my repertoire, really punch up the ol daily routine a lil bit!??

Man, that would probably drive people up right up a wall if every response to their questions were in the form of cliches...... I bet that would get aggravating real quick... That would really get peoples' goads! Ohh, oh- especially if the ole chestnuts had nothing to do with whatever questions were asked.... "So what time does the movie start?" I think I'll respond with, "Give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day.... Teach him to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime," and a wise nod. I'm sure within hours I'd start to run out of em ...and the whole gimmick would deteriorate into simply blurting out messages read on bumper stickers....Ahhh man, an idle mind really is the devil's playground....

Hey, RnF.... Does a, "Speak Only in Cliches Day," exist?? I know we wait with anxious anticipation for, "Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept. 19)," so maybe a Cliche day would really take off! Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today!? Today is the first day of the rest of your life!! I may just conduct this experiment....

Oh but don't worry.... not any further in this email...

I don't want you to stab your eye out with the nearest pen or letter opener in annoyance at what you read here..... THOUGH... with Talk like a Pirate Day is right around the corner.... and you could really represent with a necessary eye patch, unlike the rest of those, "once- a- year- on- Talk Like a Pirate Day- posers!!" Yeah, so I'll only practice my cliche skillzz in conversation today..... A leetle social excercise....an experiment...... It's true I am a woman of the sciences, but at times I do wonder if my constant research is just yet another way to avoid normal human interaction.... It is a possibility.... Yet another attempt to alienate strangers and friends alike..... Yes, quite possible....

Oh hey, but this reminds me.... I was thinking about what Fezzie asked which was, "Do you have friends that you don't like, and yet still feel obligated to?" Yeah... I think everybody has a little of that in their lives to a certain extent....like.. ya have friends in your life that you've know forever and drive you a bit insane with varying degrees of antagonism....Ya might think, "That's it!!! I've had it!!!" but then it's like..."man, but I've know her what...14 years? I guess I'll still be her friend....." and so on....... Fezzie said that he has such friends that pester him constantly with questions, all of which should be answered by screaming, "Why do you give a shit!!!" Ahahha... dude, that made me laugh... Buncha nosey parkers....

Fez said that he has to see these friends like once a month...... Once a month... hmmm... That got me thinkin again! Ew, ya know that euphemism for the nasty ole menses that only weirdos say like...."Ohhh I don't think Sarah can ride bikes or go swimming today, her FRIEND, is visiting.." as they give a raised-eyebrow look..... Yeeesh.... Anyway...so I had an idea... I propose that, "friends," who we have to put up with from time to time, though we might not want to, should be called, "Period friends." They show up intermittently, when they do it's uncomfortable...it makes us cranky....sometimes there are blood stains afterwards...... Well..... just a thought....

I understand what Fezzie was sayin though..... "It's just that ya don't want to hurt feelings...." Yeah, I hear that.... and now that we're talking about hurt feelings, I am reminded of Liza Minelli.

We all learned on Wednesday's show that Dave once again finds himself in another lunatic bet! Little Ruby is certain that the Yankees will not even make the play-offs this year... Well that's possible, that's not the lunatic part...... The nutsy angle is that he wins nothing if he is right.... Oooooh but if he is wrong, he can't see or talk to or have any contact at all with the wifey for seven days....... OOoh NO! I yelled to Dave not to make the bet, again....but he didn't hear me I guess...... He agreed to it, as Earl played Frank Sinatra's version of, "New York, New York," which typically blares from the stadium after a win..... Dave yelled many times, "No you better play the Liza Minelli Version.....cause Yankees are gonna LOSE!!"

..... It has always bothered me that Liza Minelli's gets played when the Yankees lose..... I mean, how do you think she feels about that!? I think it might hurt her feelings....My goodness... the woman has not had the easiest life.... and yet she still cackles wildly... 'member that time Fezzie saw her on the street!? It made this ole gal happy to learn that he could still hear her laughing even a block away..... Whadda kook! Anyway.... I just worry sometimes that Liza might feel bad about representing Yankees losses constantly.... If I were she I might break bottles and chairs while yelling, "WHAT are you tryin to SAY!!??" Ahhhh Liza with a Z... chin up!

Well whaddayagonnadoo....I guess ya just keep on keepin on huh? Look at Dave.... We learned that as a tyke he used to be dressed up in pinafores and led around the town.... Pretty lil gal playing drums in a dress.... and he's doin aiiight! I thought it was hilarious that his moms, Beanie, called in..... That was some funny stuff......Adorable! My favorite line was when Ronnie said, "Sounds like that was all two drinks away from a Jon Benet Ramsey!" Oh man...... Hey, and I didn't realize that the nickname, "Little Ruby," was so popular! Ron said his pops used to call him that too.... "Here comes Little Jack Ruby!!! Who ya gonna shoot today Jack Ruby!??" Love that!

OH! One last thing before I let yez go Ron and Fez Shooow..... Fezzie you don't got no big head!!! Please..... but it did make me cackle when Ronnie said, "That head of yours is enormous!! It's like a head from Easter Island fell on your bed!" Yeah, that killed me and it is my winner for craziest mental image of the day award..... Aiiight, peace out!! Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

JustJon
08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I think I know why Dave couldn't hear you. You were yelling at a radio.

Ay Kay Forty2
08-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Great stuff, Kathleen. I think "Period Friends" could catch on. You could invite them to watch Crimson Tide with your Aunt Flo.

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I think I know why Dave couldn't hear you. You were yelling at a radio.

HAHHA.... Oh JustJon, yoooou jokester!! Of course they can...WAIT...what..?? They can't hear me when I yell at the radio??? Wow.. Do i feel like a fool! I never should have traded my cow for that magic radio..... What a rip off!

AKA
08-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Who doesn't think that R&F and D&E can't hear them when they yell at the radio?

We can hear THEM can't we?!

Sinestro
08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't get it. Is this a recap of the show this blog thing??? I don't have XM, so i don't know what's going on.

But you write really good Kathleen. You're like writing a simulcast while listening to the show. Remember when R&F did that during one of Bush's presidential addresses. Funny stuff.

JustJon
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
HAHHA.... Oh JustJon, yoooou jokester!! Of course they can...WAIT...what..?? They can't hear me when I yell at the radio??? Wow.. Do i feel like a fool! I never should have traded my cow for that magic radio..... What a rip off!

Oh no, you didn't buy the magic adapter. You need to go to myradiostore.com (http://extpromo.myradiostore.com/promotions/s/RonFezNet.MrsHome) to buy that.

I don't get it. Is this a recap of the show this blog thing??? I don't have XM, so i don't know what's going on.

But you write really good Kathleen. You're like writing a simulcast while listening to the show. Remember when R&F did that during one of Bush's presidential addresses. Funny stuff.

This is Kathleen's email to the Ron and Fez Show in response to the day's show.

Sinestro
08-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Fucking Free FM. I'm so out of the loop.

Hottub
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Ziggy has a Roady XT with car kit for $19. Click the MyRadioStore ad on the left and join the XM Nation!

Fezticle98
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
That Jack Ruby line might be one of my favorite of all time. I just pictured 4 yo Ronnie dressed in a suit, pointing a gun at someone. Little Jack Ruby :laugh:

He could even have a cigarette in his mouth, because "there's nothing cuter than a baby smoking. They don't know to inhale, but still..."

AKA
08-17-2007, 04:47 AM

Kathleen's blogs are better than any radio show recap out there - yeah, I'm looking right at you Mark's Friggin (http://www.marksfriggin.com/index2.htm)! It gives a nice recap of the day's show without bore-assing us to death - it gives the fans who couldn't call in or participate in a listening thread a chance to retort - it is funny - and it has a dangerous element, because you read it and feel that at any moment Kathleen may just reach through the computer and stab you with something sharp and pointy.

With a new job, I haven't been able to listen as much lately, so these blogs have helped keep me, at least a little bit, in the loop. I just love it so bad, I can't even tell you.

bobrobot
08-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Kathleen's blogs are better than any radio show recap out there - yeah, I'm looking right at you Mark's Friggin (http://www.marksfriggin.com/index2.htm)! It gives a nice recap of the day's show without bore-assing us to death - it gives the fans who couldn't call in or participate in a listening thread a chance to retort - it is funny - and it has a dangerous element, because you read it and feel that at any moment Kathleen may just reach through the computer and stab you with something sharp and pointy.

With a new job, I haven't been able to listen as much lately, so these blogs have helped keep me, at least a little bit, in the loop. I just love it so bad, I can't even tell you.

She stabs me all the time w/ her crudely made prison shiv, I'm used to it now...
Rumor has it that some of these blogs are written in her victims' blood!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/bobogolem/PrisonShiv.jpg

cupcakelove
08-17-2007, 05:16 AM
You can never judge a book by its cover.

ralphbxny
08-17-2007, 06:15 AM
You made me crack up with Liza with a Z chin up!

drjoek
08-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Life is like a box of Chocolates.

You never know what your gonna get when Kathleen from thye Bronx writes to the Ron and Fez Show.

Grrr Mateys

drusilla
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Fez said that he has to see these friends like once a month...... Once a month... hmmm... That got me thinkin again! Ew, ya know that euphemism for the nasty ole menses that only weirdos say like...."Ohhh I don't think Sarah can ride bikes or go swimming today, her FRIEND, is visiting.." as they give a raised-eyebrow look..... Yeeesh.... Anyway...so I had an idea... I propose that, "friends," who we have to put up with from time to time, though we might not want to, should be called, "Period friends." They show up intermittently, when they do it's uncomfortable...it makes us cranky....sometimes there are blood stains afterwards...... Well..... just a thought....

i have friends like that!!!!

King Hippos Bandaid
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Another Homerun of a Blog

my A.D.D usually stops me from reading long posts, but yors are interesting

I am now a Liza Minelli Fan ...

Yankees Suck!!!

:king:

EffMeBoobs
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Period Friends. No wonder why I get crampy when Sheepy is around.

hahaha love ya Sheeps.

moochcassidy
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
She stabs me all the time w/ her crudely made prison shiv, I'm used to it now...
Rumor has it that some of these blogs are written in her victims' blood!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/bobogolem/PrisonShiv.jpg

ahhh the memories.

i remember a time where i could expect a virtual ´shivvin up a-proper´ for a misspoken word against jerry garcia or a disparaging remark about the practical uses of the lava lamp.

lostboy1975
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
what the crap

drjoek
09-29-2007, 03:46 AM
Great Job kathleen