You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
8/17-18/07 "I think the best work is a shoot. " [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 8/17-18/07 "I think the best work is a shoot. "

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-20-2007, 03:44 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Man, I bet you guys are beat from this action packed D.C. weekend that just went down..... I'll tell ya who's tired as hell, and that would be this ole bag o' bones! It's all Sunday Morning Coming Down, over here...or I guess Monday morning at this point....I've been movin at the speed of Myrtle the turtle all day...thinking about how I could really, accurately convey what fun we had at the all the shows...what a great time it was.....and I still don't have it just exactly perfect.... and I'm just disgusted with myself!!

Been all movin slow with a foggy brain and an achy side........And why should I feel so fatigued? All I had to do was show up and laugh.....and laugh.....and laugh.... and then a little more of that. At least that part, the laughing, would explain me achy side....It's not my liver, it's not my liver...Dude, it's not. Perhaps I have a laugh hangover....? Does such a thing exist? I remember once Diana Ross told me about a Love Hangover.... but that was different.....no, wait it's pretty close...kinda.... except substitute, "laugh," and not so much with the disco sound... Right.

Ron and Fez Show, maybe you're thinkin, "That's the corniest thing that batty dame has said in days..." Well I'm not gonna argue....I told you I was struggling today! I'm not sure why you were thinkin all that in 40's era gangsta slang, but I wouldn't argue with that either as I do find such speak pretty comical....It's a little weird though... but whatever, it's your life....... Anyway... the point is, I mean it all, I tell you! I think that I cackled so much that I am in need of recovery. I bet everyone who was lucky enough to see the live goodness, or hear it outta their speakers might feel the same way. Friday's live show was fantastic.....

One thing, I never would have expected the surprise guests that showed up at the XM studios....Joe Elliot and Phil Collen from Def Leopard....and Burl Ives- Straight from the Big Rock Candy Mountain!! Who knew that ole folkie was still around?!? Not me man.....I wish I could've been there for when Ronnie took him over to introduce him to the good people at XM's Folk Village... That woulda been a hoot.... Ahh, am I greedy here or what?? What else could I have asked for... I got way more than enough laughs during that show.... I'm gonna ask for more?

For one thing, Burl's presence brought about memories of his role as the Snowman in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...which led to Fezzie's Santa Claus impression...killa.... and Ronnie's Rudolph's nose impression....also killa. YEAH- why DID Comet think he was such hot shit that he could be such a meanie??? What did HE ever do that was so great!?? What I'm sayin is, The Home Shopping Network and QVC can both go get screwed with their, "Christmas in July," malarkey...... We got us a lil Christmas in August during this D.C. visit...

Thinkin about those there impressions reminds me..... As much as I love hearing the show every day, there is something so bad ass special about getting to see you guys live in fronta my face! It does feel like a gift... Getting to seeee the interaction in addition is like so bonus.... What I'm babbling is, the funniness ya hear is extra funny and the always adorable is even more so..Like just for instance getting to see Fez faces....Magnifico! I laughed so hard when he was being that Santa, staring dead ahead and deep voiced, "Ruuudooooolphh," and laughed extra that I could see how Ron was so obviously happy to have made Fezzie wide-eyed and panicked about the possibility that his hotel door was wide open to the public so that they might be able to horribly defile his linens, undergarments, and toothbrush...... The whole exchange there was too hilarious.... like even extra... Besides that it's gravy to have a lil mental picture of this for future at-home listening, it's so lovely too, to see you guys laugh hard at eachother's remarks which you so rarely hear over the air......as you are not self-laughers... I love it...

I laughed really hard when Ronnie chastised the crowd for their groans of, "OOOh!" at jokes about the Kennedy and Lincoln assassinations.... I was was wondering if maybe everyone had suddenly picked up that whole mobby Sopranos thing of yellin, "OOOh!" when something was so funny, yet fucked..... It's a possibility.... as in, "Ya wife looks like a buffalo..." and the whole pork store goes, "OOOh!" cause that's funny.... but you still wanna be clear like...hey but I don't think so, don't shoot me in the head later??? Ahhh, I dunno....Twas just a wee thought.... I just was rollin at Ronnie's line about, "The only alive Kennedys today are the Dead Kennedys."

Hey, do me a favor though huh, stop hurtin George Kennedy's feelings..... He's still alive Goddammit! That man had roles in Charade AND The Naked Gun, brotha.....Ya wanna talk about range!? A little respect, will ya? OOOh!

It was funny as shit how Ronnie called Fez out for not knowin music, and that band The Dead Kennedys and how Fez was like, "Yeeeeah... I don't know em, but I bet they're pretty cool..." HAHHA....Dude. Ronnie said, "No music in the home?" To which Fezzie responded, "Nooo".... No musical influences in the family...just never got into it.... When Ronnie acted out Fez's family, SPEAKING, "Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to you," it killed......... It was such a funny image.... It occurred to me.... Why would you really feel the need to sing such a message when to speak it, it would sound so awkward.... It is a pretty odd thing, and really a greeting card would suffice.... That goes for the congratulatory sing-songing of, "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow!" Would you ever walk up to someone and shake their hand while reciting, "For he's a jolly good fellow???" You might get a smack to the face, and rightly so! It comes off sarcastic... Who says, "Jolly good," in this day and age??? No, me neither... unless I am pretending to be those polite goofy gophers who were always playing cards in their gopher holes...Looney Tunes... Cause they say shit like that sometimes...

Anyway....... back to business here....... After the live Friday show I kept thinking about what Ronnie said to Johnny Fairplay.... "I think the best work is a shoot."

Johnny Fairplay had commented with surprise- that you, Ronnie, do really have a cowbell a-ready at all times for the flinging.... He thought it was a, "work." To know that people do really get pelted with cowbells and are possibly really at risk to be strangled warms the cockles of me heart too! That goes for everything.... I love knowing that Crazy Jen is really one crazy Jen.... As Ronnie said, "She couldn't plan that character!" She really is a funny woman, possessed with stories that need to be told about the Summer of Jen, "in a dress that Ann Romano would have worn out on a date."

OK- I gotta pause for a moment over this....There was an Ann Romano of "One Day at a Time," fame, played by Bonnie Franklin, reference that Fezzie made.... I loved that! I really can't get enough ever of a good random reference to sitcom ladies of yesteryear....I cackle.... That's a good one man.... Don't get me wrong, I am no Bonnie Franklin fan.... In fact, she is one that I cannot stand and for really no reason at all....Well there's a little reason.

For one thing, as a kid I'd see the re-runs of Diff'rent Strokes and think that she HAD to be the mother of that annoying red-headed Sam child, in real life. The botha them had the same page boy hairdoo... and the same pointy face, in my opinion. PLUS, I had the idiotic fear at the time (a CHILD then, please remember) that I might grow up to look like her.... No offense Bon. Not just yooou....I was scared that since I was born red headed, that when I grew up I would look like her, or Edna Garrett from The Facts of Life, or like that lady I'd always see at the bus stop up the street... or any other red head that didn't make me comfortable....and so on.... Irrational? Yes. As a kid, I guess I didn't take into account like....genetics or anything...... So it really was all a big worry.... Anyway, just sayin..... Bonnie Franklin.... HAH! Ohhh where was I goin with this??? Ah yes!

Crazy Jen..... I love a lil Crazy Jen on the show.... How else would I be the proud owner of the knowledge that at rodeos they'll put five year olds on sheep? If the youngster stays on ten seconds he wins a funnel cake!! Also, I never would have realized the lengths that a girl might go to to get herself to Hershey Park, PA! I'll tell ya somethin, I was at Hershey Park in the 90's and the only shock that I really felt upon hearing Jen's tale is that anyone would WANT to go there so bad....

I mean... I sat through that whole Hershey's chocolate tour where we got to see the transformation of the humble cocoa bean from it's beginning in the rain forest into delicious candy in Hershey, PA..... all while traveling on a rickety ride amid seas of chocolate... Yeah, "fun and informative." I'm sure I wasn't silently screaming, "Oh God when will this tunnel of product placement end!??!" OOOoh... oh.. wait...I am just recalling a vital fact that may be the missing piece to the puzzle here.....My parents didn't spring for the tickets into the actual park with the roller-coasters and everything.... My little brothers and I could see all those rides when we were leaving the parking lot of the factory... Yeah, that was lame. Maybe she did raise a good point about the drastic measures one might take to get in......We really felt like we missing out, after all.... Hmmmm.... Well anyway, also thanks to Jen.... I realized that I too might, "eat a bug or kill a grandmother for fifty thousand dollars!!" It really should become a common phrase in our cultural lexicon... Let's git workin on that one.

I so dug the live Friday show... I loved being there to see it.... It was great to all hang at Dr. Dremo's later too..Oh shit I just remembered this line from Ron, ""Dr. Dreamo's Tap House..... Have our careers taken off or WHAT? I can't wait to put that on our resume!!".... HAh..Yeah... and that was more fun, more laughs.... It seemed to go so fast.

I know I shouldn't bring up too much about those Jimmy Norton and Bob Saget Unmaskeds.... even though I'm just talkin to you Ron and Fez Show.... but man, people need to hear those when they air.....cause to say that I was completely blown away would be an understatement. It is also a total shoot that Ron Bennington has the most amazing interviewing skills that I have ever seen... Anyway, I feel crazy lucky to have been there to witness :0) Arrgh... I've been ramblin here... I better get me a nap so I'm ready for my sides to be split again in a few hours.... I can't wait for my next dose...

Don't call the doctor, don't call my mamma........If there's a cure fro this I don't want it....Laugh hangoverrrr.... Yeah I was hatin the other night that I had to hear this broad at my brother's birthday party sing Love Hangover on the karaoke at the time.... but I guess it all worked out OK...... Aiiiight.... Hear yez soon.....

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

A.J.
08-20-2007, 03:56 AM
OK- I gotta pause for a moment over this....There was an Ann Romano of "One Day at a Time," fame, played by Bonnie Franklin, reference that Fezzie made.... I loved that! I really can't get enough ever of a good random reference to sitcom ladies of yesteryear....I cackle.... That's a good one man.... Don't get me wrong, I am no Bonnie Franklin fan.... In fact, she is one that I cannot stand and for really no reason at all....Well there's a little reason.

For one thing, as a kid I'd see the re-runs of Diff'rent Strokes and think that she HAD to be the mother of that annoying red-headed Sam child, in real life. The botha them had the same page boy hairdoo... and the same pointy face, in my opinion. PLUS, I had the idiotic fear at the time (a CHILD then, please remember) that I might grow up to look like her.... No offense Bon. Not just yooou....I was scared that since I was born red headed, that when I grew up I would look like her, or Edna Garrett from The Facts of Life, or like that lady I'd always see at the bus stop up the street... or any other red head that didn't make me comfortable....and so on.... Irrational? Yes. As a kid, I guess I didn't take into account like....genetics or anything...... So it really was all a big worry.... Anyway, just sayin..... Bonnie Franklin.... HAH! Ohhh where was I goin with this??? Ah yes!

You know, that's an interesting theory about Sam from Diff'rent Strokes. And it would be great if he was on One Day At A Time too: I guess he would say "MISHTER Schneider" like he did "MISHTER D".

drjoek
08-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Another Classic recap Kathleen

Nuthin left to do but smile smile smile

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM
You know, that's an interesting theory about Sam from Diff'rent Strokes. And it would be great if he was on One Day At A Time too: I guess he would say "MISHTER Schneider" like he did "MISHTER D".

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am remembering his puny little stinkin voice!!! AHHHHHHH!!! i am sharing the screams....

Nuthin left to do but smile smile smile

Yeah :0) That's totally what the triple smiley faces are about... Great advice, great song....and so on... :0) But you know what!? This totally reminds me that I forgot to add to the end of this blog... "Thank yoooou for a real good time," like I always do....all, "Loose Lucy," style... Damn... scatterbrained! I like throwin around discrete Deadhead messages....

Thanks! :0)

Badinia
08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Loved the recap, jealous of the great time you had with the Buddays, but why the Bonnie Franklin hate?

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QTR3RRFGL._AA240_.jpg

She's got enough problems!