You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
8/21/07 Would Lee Marvin do that? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 8/21/07 Would Lee Marvin do that?

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Well, after the show I was forced to do a little homework, cause I really wanted to see what this, "Underwater Roller-coaster to Paris," was all about... Before I rip into my never ending list of gripes.... I'd like to point out that, "Underwater Roller-coaster to Paris," reminds me of some kinda too-late-to-the-scene, failing Psychedelic era band..... They just never really got it...They weren't in tune, somehow even down to the outfits.... Jefferson Airplane had to look at them with scorn like, "Neckerchiefs...shearling vests??? Come on....pathetic bastards..and don't even get us started on their songs...Eeeesh..." or some shit like that... Their band was as bad of an idea as that Transatlantic tunnel that Fezzie brought up... The answer is, "No." No, no, no....... I want nothing to do with this floating, "chunnel, " as you say.....or traveling 3,100 miles in 54 minutes on some nutty magnetic levitated train inside one!

Look, I understand that you might think, "Well where is your pioneering spirit, miss?" It's nowhere! I do not have one apparently.... If I was a cartoon, this is the point where the story would suddenly go back in time, and you would see cartoon me in 1800's garb yelling, "A horseless carriage?!! Bah! That will never work! Hogwash!" while shaking my fist....... Forget it.... In our current time I'm still not so sweet on the idea of flying anywhere.... and flying has been with us for quite sometime....

Right, so I hate flying....so why why wouldn't I want to cut down on some long flight to London...54 minutes beats all those hours in air.... Yeah, but they would have to be like the most terrifying 54 minutes of your life! What the hell...?? I'm fairly certain that people's faces will fall off, and if they managed to survive the trip, all their hair would have turned white from shock..... I don't want to fall out of the sky, but I don't want to be stuck in some floating tunnel in the Atlantic ocean! Has nobody seen or read, "The Perfect Storm!???" Why do people think we can beat the ocean??!

This tunnel of yours will end up ripped to shreds like a wet cardboard paper towel tube.... Forget it! I think I have to agree with Ron when he said that it's almost, "better to see you sitting there gettin high than watching The Discovery Channel....Ya'd talk less Crazy!" Yes... Crazy talk it is!!

Even the saltiest of sea dogs have respect for the crazy power and force and unpredictability of the ocean......They don't act like they have it tamed...."Arrrr, the sea she is a cruel mistress." Please you can not beat the ocean! Stop trying to piss off Poseidon... He will fuckin eat you.

Oddly enough, I have no issues with boats or ships.... I envision a time in the future when I am crossing the Atlantic on the Q.E. III or whatever number Q.E. they are at by then.... I will have myself a week long trip of watchin the floating remnants of that dumb ass tunnel thinkin, "Just loook at ya... Tsk..... what did I say!??!" And other passengers will tell me not to gloat.... and I will tell them, "You dont' like the conversation!?? Then scram!"

Anyway.... I guess I'm gonna have to get used to flying again or whatever... I mean, there are places that I need to see on other continents..... I do like to travel, and after all, I have seen 47 out of 50 of our United States.... Yes, that is something I bring up like a nervous tick all the time as well....OCD style... whenever traveling comes up... "Hey 47 outta 50! Ain't that somethin??! Just Maine, Hawaii, and Alaska to gooo!!!" and then, "I will see all 50 of them, mark my words!!! I said mark em!" By the way, as I'm braggin here.... I'm talkin I have actually seen sights and done stuff in each one...spent time... I'm not talkin about just dippin a toe into some gas station off the highway....OK??? Where was I goin with all this? Oh yeah! So I gotta start leaving North America more.....

The farthest away I've ever been has been the British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. It's weird, cause Ronnie brought this question up today.... When you think of a place, do you think of the word for it, or some scenes and images...sounds associated....things like that... I was thinkin bout this......

See, when I hear the name of a place that I have actually visited, I have flashes of different sights that I have seen....places...sounds.....what it smelled like.... the vibe.... that kinda thing. When I am actually somewhere new for the first time though, as I'm taking it all in I always have this weird thing where I see where it is on the globe in my mind.... I picture an actual map and the words printed out, like, "Caribbean Sea," and for where I am standing I see this little speck on the map....I am there on the map.... I think about where that is in relation to my home base, and I think.... "Whoooa....that's far away..." If ya bring up a place to me that I know little about, like Estonia...I'll think, "Baltic Sea, near Russia..." and I'll visualize where that is on the map...I'll see the map of Eastern Europe... Is Estonia still a country? My atlases are not exactly up to date....

Seems kinda like a silly thing... I was wondering if that's based on, or leftover from learning about countries in school....or watching cartoons when they run across the map of the world during wacky hijinx.....or....something like that.... or...... I wonder if it's that I need to have spent time at whatever place to conjure up more specific scenes.....On the other hand, you guys brought up Paris and of course I saw the Eiffel Tower in my brain... So... maybe I do a leeetle of both.... I'm not sure this is making any sensical here.....I just think it's an interesting question, OK!??! So let's talk about something else....

....Liiiiiiiiike......let's talk about Ronnie B.'s thoughts on beer pong! See, I'm not constantly tryin to be a member of the me too's over here, but I have never played beer pong in my life! I have also had a long drinking career at this point....Everyone I know seems to have had contact with this drinking game.... I don't know how I avoided it... Mysterious.... but the point of all this is, I laughed a lotta lot when Ron yelled, "Beer Pong!!?! Ya don't see Lee Marvin and Steve McQueen playin fuckin beer games so they can drink!"

I did cackle..... and then I was thinkin.... as I always do..... "That is the perfect....Perfect to steal!!!" I nab, but I tell you this daily I betcha..... so I feel like I should get points for admitting, or some shit...insteada you just constantly screaming, "HACK!!" in my face all the time...

Well, look- here's what I'm saying... This concept doesn't always hafta be used just in terms of beer pong...... It might be brilliant and effective to utilize that approach for any number of situations when there's something you want no part of. "Hell no I'm not doin that!!! Steve McQueen or Lee Marvin wouldn't be caught DEAD doing that!" It could be about babysitting, picking up dry cleaning, going to bridal showers, on and on....... It's a great philosophy...... and God help the sorry soul who asks me, "Who's Lee Marvin??" when I'm done screaming.....cause I will grab them by the face and while squeezing hard, I'll hiss, "The Dirty Dozen!!! Point Blank!!!!" and then I'll scream that they should all, "Wise up!!!" as I fling that face away from mine and leave, kicking over a chair.... I really hope that after I storm off family and friends will all be left shaking and asking each other, "Since when did she start modeling her life after Lee Marvin and Steve McQueen? Since When!!??" Since now m.f'ers....... Since now!

Speaking of, "Since when?" I am reminded about today's little conversation about nicknames.... Nicknames should really.. ideally... come about organically..... I mean, sometimes it can be aggravating when a person will pull a name out of the clear blue sky and act like they, "go by that now..." Who said!? For instance, once Brian told me a bout this kid he knew in grammar school that one day decided he was gonna be called, "Murph." His name was Tim.... and his last name was not Murphy!!! Since when!?? What gives you the right!?! I found that to be a really annoying story, even now cause it's a little pointless.... and though it had nothing to do wit me and it happened like 20 years ago....but I'm just sayin! Stop it will you!??!

Ohh I'm such a hypocrite..? I give myself nicknames all the time to see if they'll take off.....but maybe that's alright...I often pretend that I am a wrestler, sometimes I act like I am a criminal! Ron's ruling was that, "Only wrestlers and criminals should be allowed to have nicknames." That seems to make perfect sense. As they are part of my delusional personas, am I still all good to make up nicknames for myself!? Cause I think I may have just realized the best nick name ever....... "Wrestler McCriminal...The Wrestling Criminal." I know, right!!?! It does have a ring to it... a rrrrring to it.....

Anyway, I'll see you guys later....... Peace out!

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

drjoek
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Yo Kathleen, another great one !

:laugh:

Ronnie says second best thing on the internet
First place is in sight

cupcakelove
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
What, no scooby snacks? I'm not a big fan of beer pong, but I'm not going to give people a hard time for trying to have some fun while the suck down their depressants. To each their own I guess.

Yuppie_Scum
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
i saw the thing on the discovery channel about the transatlantic tunnel -- dumbest fucking idea ever.

AlabamaHayseed
08-21-2007, 06:32 PM
nice Kathleen, enjoyable as always.

ChrisTheCop
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Everyone please note that DEAR RON AND FEZ SHOW is now an official sponsor of the Ron and Fez show. (listed on the left side of the page)!!!

Thank you Kathleen, and guys-- SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen From The Bronx
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Everyone please note that DEAR RON AND FEZ SHOW is now an official sponsor of the Ron and Fez show. (listed on the left side of the page)!!!
!

Thank you Mikeyboy!!!!!!!!! Thanks JustJon :0)

Thanks ronfez.net for checkin out me blog! I really appreciate it :):):)!