You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE Suspends TEN Wrestlers Today [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE Suspends TEN Wrestlers Today

Heather 8
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
...but no names named.

Per Dave Meltzer:

WWE today officially suspended 10 of its performers based on information received from investigators in the Albany, NY district attorneys office.

None of the names have been released but it will likely be obvious over the next week who at least some of them are.

The suspensions would likely be based on proof that performers were using Signature Pharmacy or another Internet prescription type firm after the implemenation of the Wellness policy.

The company also has informed all performers that beginning 11/1, the company will publicly release the names of anyone who is suspended under drug policy violations.

Chimee
08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I want names dammit!

Heather 8
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I know, now we have to rely on speculation and wild allegations! Dammit all to hell!

Freitag
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Speculation:

Masters (probably an old order but they had to do it to save face)

Lashley (just a hunch)

Beth Phoenix.

Freitag
08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I know, now we have to rely on speculation and wild allegations! Dammit all to hell!

It's like March-July 2005 all over again!!

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Speculation:

Masters (probably an old order but they had to do it to save face)

Lashley (just a hunch)

Beth Phoenix.

i agree with Matty, all of these "superstars" are juicers.

Freitag
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 are:

- a combination of a few scrubs/jobbers (say, 2-3)

- mid-carders (say, 4-6)

- a few top-tier guys.

And Orton. Just because I want to see him miserable.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
WWE released the following official press release confirming the suspension of 10 Superstars:

WWE® Statement On Performer Suspensions

STAMFORD, Conn., August 30, 2007 - Based on independent information received from investigators from the Albany County, NY D.A.’s office, WWE has today, under the penalty provisions of its wellness policy, issued suspension notices to 10 of its performers for violations. It has been WWE’s practice not to release the names of those who have been suspended, but notice has been sent to all WWE performers that names of anyone who is suspended under the Wellness Policy as of November 1 will be made public.

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
so when we dont see these people on the shows for a few weeks we will know.

BoondockSaint
08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
I wonder if it was anyone on the Summerslam card. It would be interesting to know when they got this information.

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I wonder if it was anyone on the Summerslam card. It would be interesting to know when they got this information.

if they had it before:

do you think it changed the outcome?

why not move on it right a way?

Freitag
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
so when we dont see these people on the shows for a few weeks we will know.

It might be one of those orton-esque suspensions, where they are still on the TV shows but taken off the road and docked pay.

Freitag
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
if they had it before:

do you think it changed the outcome?

why not move on it right a way?

Summerslam is one of the big four shows. If it was a top performer on the Summerslam card, it might have affected the buyrate.

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Summerslam is one of the big four shows. If it was a top performer on the Summerslam card, it might have affected the buyrate.

every commercial for every PPV has at the bottom "'card subject to change." If the company was serious about the wellness program they would be taking these guys off the cards and off of TV and out of the top spots on the roster.

King Hippos Bandaid
08-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Damn I liked Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Sucks that they will be suspended

:king:

AJDELAWARE
08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Why do I have a feeling it will be ten no name guys? They would never implicate any of their "stars" unless they are trying to turn him into a bad guy.

Heather 8
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
From the New York Daily News:

"In a list obtained exclusively by the Daily News, top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

"The WWE said in a statement that it issued suspension notices based on independent information received from the Albany D.A."

Pick and choose from that list, I guess.

For those who may not be familiar, Mike Bucci and Anthony Carelli are Simon Dean and Santino Marella, respectively.

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
let them all sit it out and then have to come out on RAW and say why they took the juice.

ScottFromGA
08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
damn...Johnny Nitro's new John Morrison gimmick was actually pretty good......that'll be a blow to ECW....

Tenbatsuzen
08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
From the New York Daily News:

"In a list obtained exclusively by the Daily News, top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

"The WWE said in a statement that it issued suspension notices based on independent information received from the Albany D.A."

Pick and choose from that list, I guess.

For those who may not be familiar, Mike Bucci and Anthony Carelli are Simon Dean and Santino Marella, respectively.

I forget Wellness was not only juice, but pain meds as well.

Orton's done. I wouldn't be surprised if they released him outright with the amount of headaches he's caused the company.

I am willing to bet that Nitro's on that list for his past sins - or was the Mercury who got in trouble?

I'm fucking shocked to see Chavo on that list.

Tenbatsuzen
08-30-2007, 02:19 PM
And there's only 11 names on that list. Considering Kennedy's injury issues, I have a feeling that he's the only one not suspended.

King Imp
08-30-2007, 02:19 PM
William Regal? William Fucking Regal? I look like I take steroids more than he does.

Oh, and I love how the big stars are always exempt from the scrutiny. You cannot tell me that Batista and Cena aren't on the juice.

Tenbatsuzen
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
William Regal? William Fucking Regal? I look like I take steroids more than he does.

Oh, and I love how the real stars are always exempt from the scrutiny. You cannot tell me that Batista and Cena aren't on the juice.

It's not just 'roids, it could be painkillers as well. Benoit had a fucking pharmacy in his bloodstream that included painkillers.

And "real stars"? Edge and Booker T are getting pushed, and Orton was getting set up for a huge feud.

Don Stugots
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Edge on pain meds? the guy is on the DL. They will never let Orton go. TNA would pick him up in a minute.

King Imp
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
It's not just 'roids, it could be painkillers as well. Benoit had a fucking pharmacy in his bloodstream that included painkillers.

And "real stars"? Edge and Booker T are getting pushed, and Orton was getting set up for a huge feud.

You must have quoted me just as I was changing it. Yeah, "real" stars wasn't a good choice of words. That's why I went with "big" stars. I don't consider those you mentioned big stars and as far as Booker T being pushed, I hardly consider him beating up Lawler and then jobbing to Triple H a push.

Either way, back to Batista and Cena. How the hell do they keep escaping the scrutiny? Hell, even though he's not a big star, what about Lashley as well? He's probably on more steroids than the rest of the roster combined.

Bob Impact
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
My guess:

http://www.fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload/2007/06/brooke-hogan-performs-stage-05.jpg

Heather 8
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Meltzer addresses the Daily News' list:

"Based on records obtained through sources by the Observer months back, Copeland's last reported prescription came several years ago, when he was recuperating from neck surgery. So many of these incidents here may have predated the Wellness policy implemented in February 2006. It is known Orton and Helms' had transactions that predated the policy, and that the timing of both Copeland and Helms' transactions at the time came during periods of injury rehabilitation. So it may not yet be the time to make Ken Anderson look like a fool, depending on the date, because he has admitted use prior to February of 2006.

"It is by no means confirmed that these men are among the ten who were suspended earlier today.

"WWE was aware of many of the names months ago from a Sports Illustrated investigation and chose not to suspend the wrestlers at the time because the time frame predated the Wellness policy.

"If the prescriptions did predate the policy, suspensions are questionable, but perhaps due to government pressure, WWE feels it has no choice. If the prescriptions were dated after February of 2006, the company had little choice in the matter.

Three other names, now deceased, Chris Benoit, Brian Adams and Eddy Guerrero were also on the list. There are believed to be several more former WWE wrestlers on the list."

SpicyMcHaggis
08-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I remember seeing those vignettes with Lashley in his past where he was skinny and nothing and then all of a sudden he's a freaking beast. I don't get it. Same thing with Cena and Batista. I've heard they were "bodybuilders" in the past, but seriously.

ponelas park townie
08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if Kennedy is still gonna be McMahon's son after this?

DolaMight
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
If you don't seen Vince for two weeks do you assume he suspended himself, or is he just dead again?

Fallon
08-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if Kennedy is still gonna be McMahon's son after this?

Doing roids? Sounds even more like his son.

Heather 8
08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Meltzer must be fapping like crazy tonight.

A list of who got what, and when. (http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20580)

PapaBear
08-30-2007, 07:01 PM
None of the names have been released but it will likely be obvious over the next week who at least some of them are.
That will suck for anyone who happens to get injured or can't wrestle for some other reason.

JesterOfSadness
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Jesus Christ NOT FUNAKI!!!:down:

Fallon
08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS

RFW has suspended the following Superstars:
Jesterofsadness - Tattle tale
Kevin - Yankee fan
tall_james - Didn't play bad enough
reillyluck - Too damn dorky

Fallon
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Evil bastard.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1561/funakibiobild1aj8.jpg

JesterOfSadness
08-30-2007, 08:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Kevin - Yankee fan

This means war!

King Imp
08-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Meltzer must be fapping like crazy tonight.

A list of who got what, and when. (http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20580)

"Darren Matthews (William Regal) recieved Stanozolol, Somatropin, Genotropin and Anastrozole as late as November."

Once again, WHAT?!?!

topless_mike
08-31-2007, 03:53 AM

just in case Godzilla ever returned, he could take him down with a russian leg sweep and put him right into an arm bar.

Freitag
08-31-2007, 05:16 AM
Evil bastard.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1561/funakibiobild1aj8.jpg

INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Freitag
08-31-2007, 05:17 AM
"Darren Matthews (William Regal) recieved Stanozolol, Somatropin, Genotropin and Anastrozole as late as November."

Once again, WHAT?!?!

Dealer.

EddieMoscone
08-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Somatropin

Wrestlers eat this stuff like candy. I remember being at an indy show at the Elk's Lodge in Queens maybe 5 years ago and there was a wrestler Mike Bell (did jobs for WWF and ECW) sitting in the balcony with us popping those things in his mouth every 20 minutes. He was WATCHING the show...and he was proud of himself too it seemed.

Sad.

Freitag
08-31-2007, 05:50 AM
Wrestlers eat this stuff like candy. I remember being at an indy show at the Elk's Lodge in Queens maybe 5 years ago and there was a wrestler Mike Bell (did jobs for WWF and ECW) sitting in the balcony with us popping those things in his mouth every 20 minutes. He was WATCHING the show...and he was proud of himself too it seemed.

Sad.

Yeah, they are what helped kill Spicolli.

ponelas park townie
08-31-2007, 08:02 AM
There's one person who's sure to BENEFIT from all of these suspensions:

http://x66.xanga.com/65bd875778d30145002458/s107379718.jpg

SpicyMcHaggis
08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
You think WWE would absolutely WANT someone like CM Punk who lives this straight edge lifestyle to be the centerpiece right now. Let's hope they give him the ECW title soon so as to shed some negative light off of their current champ, Morrison who from what I remember is on that list.

Don Stugots
08-31-2007, 02:46 PM
You think WWE would absolutely WANT someone like CM Punk who lives this straight edge lifestyle to be the centerpiece right now. Let's hope they give him the ECW title soon so as to shed some negative light off of their current champ, Morrison who from what I remember is on that list.

We can only hope.

King Imp
08-31-2007, 03:02 PM

We can only hope.

Even if only for the fact that it is an absolute joke having someone like Morrison as the champ. Don't get me wrong, the kid has potential, but it's an absolute mockery making a "model" the champ of ECW when in the past we had people like Raven, Sandman, and Tazz holding that belt.

Don Stugots
08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Even if only for the fact that it is an absolute joke having someone like Morrison as the champ. Don't get me wrong, the kid has potential, but it's an absolute mockery making a "model" the champ of ECW when in the past we had people like Raven, Sandman, and Tazz holding that belt.

without a doubt. CM Punk should be the face of the promotion. Let him take on all comers, every freak that Vince can churn out. That is what I would do.

K.C.
08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
I said after the Benoit thing that WWE was fucked.

They got a pass when Eddie Guerrero died, because Eddie only killed himself...but Benoit murdering his wife and kid but wrestling in the consciousness of the media again.

And the media, has pretty much either always hated wrestling, or viewed it as some carny joke...and regardless of whether what was in Benoit's body influenced what happened at all, it wasn't going to matter...people were going to start investigating the wrestling business.

And as anyone who's followed it kind of closely can tell you, there's more skeletons in the closet then you can count.

They'll never pin anything on Vince unless multiple superstars come forward and testify he specifically encouraged substance abuse (which I don't think is true anyway...if I had to guess, Vince operates under a culture in which everyone knows he pushes bigger superstars, but he doesn't state 'you need to use THIS to get bigger')...but if this blows up into a full national investigation, it's going to kill it in terms of business.

The only good news for WWE is that John Cena hasn't been fingered for anything yet. He's the face of the company.

citymedic27
08-31-2007, 03:57 PM
WWE released the following official press release confirming the suspension of 10 Superstars:

WWE® Statement On Performer Suspensions

STAMFORD, Conn., August 30, 2007 - Based on independent information received from investigators from the Albany County, NY D.A.’s office, WWE has today, under the penalty provisions of its wellness policy, issued suspension notices to 10 of its performers for violations. It has been WWE’s practice not to release the names of those who have been suspended, but notice has been sent to all WWE performers that names of anyone who is suspended under the Wellness Policy as of November 1 will be made public.

I saw this on yahoo news this afternoon, while the site was down. Im totally shocked about WWE superstars that are on the juice. I thought they all got that way naturally.

Fallon
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I saw this on yahoo news this afternoon, while the site was down. Im totally shocked about WWE superstars that are on the juice. I thought they all got that way naturally.

At least all of the divas are natural.

Heather 8
08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
And now, a firing.

From 1wrestling:

We have learned from a number of sources this afternoon that WWE has terminated Mike "Nova" Bucci. Bucci was listed in a New York Daily News story yesterday as being a client of Signature Pharmacy.

Bucci was WWE's Manager, Developmental Talent Relations.

Wrestlers at the Florida Championship Wrestling training center were told of Bucci's dismissal this afternoon according to our sources.

Fallon
08-31-2007, 05:13 PM
He's either the scape goat, someone they didn't want anyways or maybe a middle man to the problem.

My guess is just for WWE to say they fire people over this.

Chimee
08-31-2007, 05:31 PM
I say it's a combination of the first two.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
You ever notice they don't fire actual big name talent?

K.C.
08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
You ever notice they don't fire actual big name talent?

Well, they fired Kurt Angle...but that's basically because he's fucking crazy, and supposedly so doped up, it's why he can't put together coherent sentences half the time.

King Imp
08-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Okay, I wasn't going to say anything, but now I've got to.

They got a pass when Eddie Guerrero died, because Eddie only killed himself.
Well, they fired Kurt Angle.

What? I don't recall either of those two happening.

Heather 8
08-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Eddy died of a heart ailment. Even with the years of drug use, I wouldn't call that a suicide.

The Angle release story varies. Some sources say that Angle asked for and received an early release; others say Vince fired him outright "to save his life," though, if he was fired, I'd be more apt to believe it was so he didn't die while under contract with them.

King Imp
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM

Eddy died of a heart ailment. Even with the years of drug use, I wouldn't call that a suicide.

The Angle release story varies. Some sources say that Angle asked for and received an early release; others say Vince fired him outright "to save his life," though, if he was fired, I'd be more apt to believe it was so he didn't die while under contract with them.

Exactly on the Eddie point. Sure, he did beat his body into the ground and I'm sure that's what eventually killed him, but he didn't actually kill himself in the way you normally consider someone killing themselves.

As for Angle, the majority of opinion I've read was a mutual agreement between the two parties to call it quits. If Angle really is or was as bad as some believe, then I'd say Jarrett is more of a scumbag than Vince for snatching him up and putting him to work, knowing his problems.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-01-2007, 04:17 AM
Oh, absolutely. He just needed another "name" so that TNA could get glanced at again by people. The guy should have retired.

cougarjake13
09-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Oh, absolutely. He just needed another "name" so that TNA could get glanced at again by people. The guy should have retired.

and i cant remember the wwe ever putting 3 titles on him and making him defend them all on one ppv

Kevin
09-01-2007, 06:29 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Kevin - Yankee fan
Fallon- Embarrassingly lazy, and unmotivated. Caught making out with Tom Brady

I agree with the last one 100%

Justice4all
09-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Here is the possible list.

As the WWE is embattled by charges that its wrestlers die early and unexpectedly with alarming frequency, it must now counter evidence that the culture is awash in illicit drug use. That cause wasn't helped on Thursday, when, based on information provided to the WWE by the Albany District Attorney's office, the organization suspended 10 wrestlers for violating the company's drug policy.

While the WWE declined to release the names of the suspended athletes, SI has learned that a dozen professional wrestlers have received steroids and/or human growth hormone through the drug network. The WWE would not confirm which, if any, of the following wrestlers are among those suspended:

• Benoit, who died June 24, 2007, received nandrolone and anastrozole in February 2006. (Anastrozole is used by athletes to counter side effects of steroid use, such as water retention and breast enlargement.)

• Two weeks prior to Eddie Guerrero's death on Nov. 13, 2005, he was sent nandrolone, testosterone, and anastrozole. Guerrero died in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.

• Chavo Guerrero, who found his uncle Eddie dead in the Minneapolis hotel room, received, among other drugs, somatropin (HGH), nandrolone and anastrozole between April 2005 and May 2006.

• Between November 2003 and February 2007, Shane Helms, a/k/a The Hurricane, received, among other drugs, testosterone, genotropin (HGH) and nandrolone. (As previously reported by SI, he allegedly received HGH from an Arizona doctor in 2005.)

• Starting in September 2004 through February 2007, Randy Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol.

• John Hennigan, a/k/a Johnny Nitro, a.k.a. Johnny Morrison, is the current WWE Extreme Championship Wrestling's heavyweight champion. Between June 2006 and February 2007 he was prescribed somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced naturally during pregnancy. (HCG is taken by anabolic steroid users to stimulate the production of testosterone, which is suppressed as a result of steroid use.)

• Ken Anderson, a/k/a Mr. Kennedy, lost to Eddie Guerrero in Guerrero's final match on Nov. 11, 2005. Kennedy received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007.

• Shoichi Funaki received somatropin in March 2006.

• Brian Adams, a/k/a Crush, who retired from the pro circuit in 2001, was found dead of unknown causes on Aug. 13. He received nandrolone, testosterone and Somatropin or HGH in December 2006.

• Charles Haas was prescribed anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin between August 2006 and January 2007.

• Edward Fatu received somatropin between July and December 2006.

• Between November 2004 and November 2006, Darren Matthews received stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin, and anastrozole.

• Adam Copeland, a/k/a Edge, received somatropin, genotropin (both HGH), and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007.

• Sylvain Grenier received somatropin, nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol, starting in February 2005 through July 2006.

Through WWE spokesman Gary Davis, the applicable WWE wrestlers listed above declined comment.

And here is the link to where I found this. enjoy! (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/08/30/wrestlers/index.html)

ToddEVF
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
looking around the dirt sheets found this gem.

Credit: Dave Meltzer

On the suspension front, a press release sent out yesterday by WWE for tonight's Raw house show in Terre Haute has pulled Umaga and Mr. Kennedy off the show according to the latest info in radio ads. Main matches are John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito and Cryme Tyme vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch. If this is correct, then Randy Orton was not suspended, and there are company wrestlers who are of the belief Orton wasn't suspended, but this seems like an indication that's the case. The radio ads also have said "TV cameras invade the Hulman Center," to make people think it's a TV taping.

Looks like two have been identified. Edward "Umaga" Fatu and Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, who were on the NYT's list.