You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2008 [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2008

ToddEVF
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
The game is slated for a novermebr release still. And the official game roster is out, speculation is who will still be with the company when it is released.

Couresy of IGN
Tomorrow, IGN's annual SmackDown Countdown begins and will bring you an in-depth look at a new champion of the squared-circle each day. Who will be up first? You'll have to wait about 24 hours to find out.

Until then, feast your eyes on the roster below, and be sure to check out the separate rosters for the DS and PSP.

CURRENT SUPERSTARS

Ashley
Johnny Nitro
Ric Flair
Batista
JTG
Sabu
Bobby Lashley
Kane
Sandman
Booker T
Kelly Kelly
SHAD
Candice Michelle
Ken Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Carlito
Kenny Dykstra
Snitsky
Chavo Guerrero
Marcus Cor Von
The Great Khali
Chris Masters
Mark Henry
Tommy Dreamer
CM Punk
Matt Hardy
Torrie Wilson
Edge
Melina
Triple H
Elijah Burke
Michelle McCool
Umaga
Finlay
Mickie James
Undertaker
Gregory Helms
MVP
William Regal
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton
John Cena
Rey Mysterio

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

Armando Alejandro Estrada
Lillian Garcia
Stephanie McMahon
JBL rocking a suit
Maria
Tazz
Jerry Lawler
Michael Cole
Theodore Long
Jim Ross
Mickie Henson
Tony Chimmel
Joey Styles
Mike Chioda
Triple H rocking a suit
Jonathan Coachman
Nick Patrick
Vince McMahon in a suit
Justin Roberts
Shane McMahon in a suit

WWE LEGENDS
Bret Hart
Roddy Piper
The Rock
Mick Foley
Steve Austin
Rick Rude
Terry Funk

These are the rosters for the Next Gen systems

ToddEVF
09-03-2007, 09:32 PM
But wait there are also rosters for the PSP and DS versions still

First the PSP

CURRENT SUPERSTARS

Ashley
Johnny Nitro
Ric Flair
Batista
JTG
Sabu
Bobby Lashley
Kane
Sandman
Booker T
Kelly Kelly
SHAD
Candice Michelle
Ken Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Carlito
Kenny Dykstra
Snitsky
Chavo Guerrero
Marcus Cor Von
The Great Khali
Chris Masters
Mark Henry
Tommy Dreamer
CM Punk
Matt Hardy
Torrie Wilson
Edge
Melina
Triple H
Elijah Burke
Michelle McCool
Umaga
Finlay
Mickie James
Undertaker
Gregory Helms
MVP
William Regal
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton
John Cena
Rey Mysterio

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Armando Alejandro Estrada
Lillian Garcia
Stephanie McMahon
JBL rocking a suit
Maria
Tazz
Jerry Lawler
Michael Cole
Theodore Long
Jim Ross
Mickie Henson
Tony Chimmel
Joey Styles
Mike Chioda
Triple H rocking a suit
Jonathan Coachman
Nick Patrick
Vince McMahon in a suit
Justin Roberts
Shane McMahon in a suit

WWE LEGENDS
Bret Hart
Rick Rude
Terry Funk
Eddie Guerrero
Roddy Piper
The Rock
Jim Neidhart
Sgt. Slaughter
Mick Foley
Steve Austin

And now the DS

CURRENT SUPERSTARS
Batista
Gregory Helms
Randy Orton
Bobby Lashley
Hardcore Holly
Rey Mysterio
Booker T
Jeff Hardy
Ric Flair
Carlito
John Cena
Shawn Michaels
CM Punk
Johnny Nitro
Snitsky
Edge
Kane
Triple H
Finlay
Ken Kennedy
Undertaker

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Ashley Melina
Vince McMahon in a suit
Jillian Hall
Theodore Long
Jonathan Coachman
Torrie Wilson

The Graphics on the DS look horrible, while th PSPs look pretty much identical to last years. With all the firing, releases, and suspensions who will be around for the release. And why is it that the Legends this year suck worse then last years

Chimee
09-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Why are there more legends on the PSP version?

And I love how they keep Sabu in the game, but there's no RVD.

ToddEVF
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
i was wondering that as well.my only guess for why there are more legends in the PSP version is because of the lack of a season mode. It frees up some space for the crappy looking wrestlers.

Things may change between now and November, like last years Eugine gimmick (He was pulled off the official roster and replaced)

But seriously as of what I know now, why these wrestlers? Sure the JTG and SHAD thing just happened. But this is my list so far or those who won't be with the company when the game comes out.

Johnny Nitro - New Gimmick
JTG - Released
Sabu - Released
SHAD - Released
Kenny Dykstra - Who?
Marcus Cor Von - Where is he?
Mark Henry - Allegedly Leaving after Unforgiven (or something like that)
Umaga - Suspended, allegedly
Gregory Helms - He still works there?

Its also good to see Tommy Dreamer finally make it into this game.
But CM Punk made first ballot.

ToddEVF
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I had forgotten to mention that WWE Raw vs. Smackdown, as of now, is on the following platforms

Next Gen: PS3, X-Box 360, Wii
Current Gen: PS2
Handheld: Nintendo DS, PSP

And there was something mentioned in an article that only the PS3 version would support downloadable content.

DAMN YOU SONY!!!!!!!!

King Imp
09-03-2007, 10:02 PM
And there was something mentioned in an article that only the PS3 version would support downloadable content.

DAMN YOU SONY!!!!!!!!

Damn you Sony? Every single game so far that is available for both the PS3 and the XBox 360 has favored Microsoft in content (both on release and downloadable), frame rate, graphics, you name it. It's about damn time us PS3 owners get something extra.

P.S. We're also going to get less on the upcoming GTA as well.

ToddEVF
09-03-2007, 11:52 PM
King Imp, the Damn you sony was in referance to the fact that now I have to get a PS3. I've been on the fence with it for a bit, but now I have to get one. The PS2 and PSP versions just ain't going to cut it this year.

King Imp
09-03-2007, 11:57 PM
King Imp, the Damn you sony was in referance to the fact that now I have to get a PS3. I've been on the fence with it for a bit, but now I have to get one. The PS2 and PSP versions just ain't going to cut it this year.

Oh, okay. My bad.

I just assumed you were an XBox 360 owner and you were mad that you weren't getting what the PS3 people were. Sorry about that.

ToddEVF
09-04-2007, 12:01 AM
its no problem. Unfortunately I have to buy both anyway.

Stupid KOTOR 3.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-04-2007, 05:24 AM
So is this game going to be called Smackdown vs. Raw 2008: No Tag Teams Allowed?

No London/Kendrick again!

King Imp
09-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm actually interested to see if Kennedy is gonna do his thing with the mic when he gets to the ring. Most likely, you'll see him do it, but unfortunately there will be no sound and he'll only mouth the words.

Chimee
09-04-2007, 08:43 AM

DAMN YOU SONY!!!!!!!!

Good thing I have a PS3 and a 360.

So is this game going to be called Smackdown vs. Raw 2008: No Tag Teams Allowed?

No London/Kendrick again!

Of course not, they don't even have the current champions on there. The closest thing to a tag team on there is the Hardys and they're not even on the same show.

I'm actually interested to see if Kennedy is gonna do his thing with the mic when he gets to the ring. Most likely, you'll see him do it, but unfortunately there will be no sound and he'll only mouth the words.

His entrance was in last year's game complete with sound.

King Imp
09-04-2007, 11:28 PM
His entrance was in last year's game complete with sound.

Serves me right for not getting last year's version. I didn't even know he was in last year. This is good to know, thanks.

ToddEVF
09-05-2007, 07:46 AM
WWE SvR 2007 was a decent game, however unlike prior incarnations I didn't enjoy it as much. Mostly because of the newer controls which were blah.

Other then the total control moves, it didn't add too much to what i expected.

Hopeful this year's version will a better Season mode, even though i did like that better then 2006. They also better step up the customization for CAW. Atleast I should hopefully be able to create realistic looking Indy guys.

I know last year I couldn't finish my CAW for Section 8, among other local Indy wrestlers, because they looked too fake and unrealistic.

Chimee
09-05-2007, 07:58 AM
I always hated how the CAWs would come out, no matter how much you tweaked it, they wouldn't look anywhere near as good as the other guys in the game.

ToddEVF
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
well i misted this update, but better late than never. IGN has put an updated roster up since this orginal post.

CURRENT SUPERSTARS
Ashley
John Cena
Randy Orton
Batista
Johnny Nitro
Rey Mysterio
Bobby Lashley
JTG
Ric Flair
Booker T
Kane
Sandman
Candice Michelle
Kelly Kelly
SHAD
Carlito
Ken Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Chavo Guerrero
Kenny Dykstra
Snitsky
Chris Masters
Marcus Cor Von
The Great Khali
CM Punk
Mark Henry
Tommy Dreamer
Edge
Matt Hardy
Torrie Wilson
Elijah Burke
Melina
Triple H
Finlay
Michelle McCool
Umaga
Gregory Helms
Mickie James
Undertaker
Jeff Hardy
MVP
William Regal

WWE LEGENDS
Bret Hart
Roddy Piper
Terry Funk
Mick Foley
Sabu
The Rock
Rick Rude
Steve Austin

Now the changes were that the non-playable have been removed and Sabu has been added as a Legend,

On a side note, the big feature in the PS3/X-Box 360 versions is the 24/7 mode.
24/7 mode is an updated, sleeker hybrid of Season and GM mode. Looks interesting, minus the fact that all reports are saying that ECW superstars (except Johnny Nitro) are not playable in 24/7 mode. However in the GM side of it, you can run ECW. Hopefully this was just in early builds and will/has been fixed for the final release.

Also, lets see who isn't with the E anymore
JTG
Sandman
SHAD
Marcus Cor Von

will Booker T and Ric Flair soon join that list, as they are both still listed as being on the roster?

SpicyMcHaggis
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM

He does his own full introduction with a recorded speech in the '07 version.

Section 8
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I know last year I couldn't finish my CAW for Section 8, among other local Indy wrestlers, because they looked too fake and unrealistic.

I know what you mean. I can't ever find a good mask to use.

King Imp
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
This is actually a pretty decent lineup for once. Every past year seemed to be loaded with a bunch of wrestlers that no one cared about and were a waste of roster space (i.e. Debra, Albert, Bull Buchanan, Essa Rios, The Kat, Taka Michinoku, Joey Abs, Pete Gas, Rodney, Fred Durst (WHAT?!?!), Shawn Stasiak, Maven, Rico, Rodney Mack, Sean O'Haire, Garrison/Lance Cade, Mark Jindrak, Rene Dupree, Orlando Jordan, Robert Conway, Sylvain Grenier, Christy Hemme, Joy Giovanni, Michelle McCool, Trevor Murdoch, Vito).

Chimee
10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
According to IGN the demo is now up on Xbox Live, but I don't see it yet.

ToddEVF
10-18-2007, 06:34 AM
I know what you mean. I can't ever find a good mask to use.

yeah that was a huge problem. The masks you'd like to use can't be made, and the masks they have look like shit.

Fallon
10-18-2007, 09:05 AM
According to IGN the demo is now up on Xbox Live, but I don't see it yet.

It came up Tuesday, game looks great, didn't know what the controls were when I played, so Taker beat me.

Chimee
10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I like the new animations for moves in it, especially the RKO. And all the cool shit you can do with the high flyers is fun. I'll be picking this one up.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'll still be picking it up even if I can't play as any of the ECW guys in Season Mode.

ToddEVF
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I'll still be picking it up even if I can't play as any of the ECW guys in Season Mode.

I'd support it too, Maybe they will release a patch where the ECW guys are on Smackdown and then ECW becomes the Land of Unemployment

Chimee
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
THQ has said that the only they will not be releasing anything else in a download. Their entire focus with online is the standard online mode. I'm still waiting for the day that they will offer roster updates like other sports games, but of course it is harder for them to add people to a wrestling game considering THQ guy said that it takes like 3 weeks to complete one person.

I'm pretty sure it's all explained here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/823/823796p1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/826/826905p1.html

King Imp
11-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, I got this game for the PS3 and I have to say it is a bit disappointing. The graphics are great, but after all this time they still have not figured out how to make the wrestlers move fluidly or make the AI actually be intelligent. It still all herky-jerky motions and they keep doing stupid things like flying through the air when no one is there to land on or reaching out for someone who has moved away. My favorites are still the AI hitting their own teammate, thinking it's their opponent and the AI constantly going for moves that 9 times out of 10 are always reversed. The AI basically beats itself in the game.

Also, it seemed as if they spent a lot of time on certain wrestlers to make them look perfect, but others look nothing like their real life counterpart. It's almost as if some were just an afterthought.

Oh, and they made John Cena Superman in this game. It's almost impossible to beat him, just like on TV.

Chimee
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I bet the spent a lot of time on Benoit.

Freitag
11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. If you're that dissatisfied with SD vs. Raw and want gameplay over graphics, you will not regret it.

King Imp
11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. If you're that dissatisfied with SD vs. Raw and want gameplay over graphics, you will not regret it.

Have played it in the past and it was good, but the primitive graphics and the fact that it's loaded with a ton of Japanese and Mexican wrestlers that no one has even heard of while only having a handful of those we are familiar with turns me off to it.

Freitag
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Have played it in the past and it was good, but the primitive graphics and the fact that it's loaded with a ton of Japanese and Mexican wrestlers that no one has even heard of while only having a handful of those we are familiar with turns me off to it.

I understand that, but you do realize that you can expand with all the american wrestlers if you have a memory card. The new American version allows everything to be ported over. I was just doing a death match between Angle and Randy Orton.

SpicyMcHaggis
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
If you want to make more roster members on the new game, www.caws.ws is a great site for formulas on custom wrestlers.