You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Flair Quits? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Flair Quits?

ralphbxny
09-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

There are now discussions to try to talk him into cooling off and agreeing to not quit.

His situation doesn't appear to be at all related to the suspensions, although he's now more valuable with some names being gone for a month.

If things don't work out, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Flair could be offered a sweet and tempting deal to be part of TNA's two hour launch. TNA is interested and aware of the situation.

Death Metal Moe
09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I love the old prick, but at this point, does anyone really care?

Or should they if they do?

PapaBear
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM
He probably just wants to free up more time for R&F appearances.

Chimee
09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I heard that he threw his jacket on the ground and dropped an elbow on it during a meeting.

Fallon
09-04-2007, 07:44 PM
This would have sucked 18 years ago.

IamFogHat
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

Um, I understand the fun Flair means in terms of the show (which 'hello' they can work around), but um...seriously...how old is that prick, like maybe nine-hundred? of course he's quitting.

epo
09-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I know this reeks of a million bad jokes, but honestly doesn't this just speak volumes of the disaster that the WWE is right now.

I've read for awhile that all Flair wanted was for his last year to be a "Babe Ruth" tour...a fun time for him & his fans. Honestly, what a great way to bow out! And who has earned it more than Flair?

But their booking is such shit they can't even pull it off properly. He obviously doesn't need to win the big one....but treating Ric fucking Flair with a little respect would be nice. How about giving him a blueprint for his final months? No wonder Flair wants to quit.

Fallon
09-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Flair should set a retirement date then. I've heard Flair, Taker and Booker T planning to retire years ago and they just stick around.

FUNKMAN
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh The Humanity!

MrPink
09-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah he's old and shit, but he should go out with some dignity. Give him some fun matches and have a big event for his retirement.

Chimee
09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Flair should set a retirement date then. I've heard Flair, Taker and Booker T planning to retire years ago and they just stick around.

I read somewhere that the plan was for a long storyline leading up to a final match a Wrestlemania.

Dougie Brootal
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
his role now is to pretty much put over new talent, and he has seemed to be okay with it until now. maybe the smackdown move was a demotion (duh!) and hes upset about that. either way, if flair goes, im gonna cancel my cable, flush my tv down the toilet and fuck my mother!

DarkHippie
09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
if flair goes, im gonna cancel my cable, flush my tv down the toilet and fuck my mother!

One of these things is not like the other . . .

FUNKMAN
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Flair Quits?

Please God, Say It Isn't So!

http://www.ralphmag.org/CV/crying-frenchman500x368.gif

ToddEVF
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Source - PWInsider

Last night it was reported that Ric Flair has given his notice to WWE because he is unhappy with the way his character is being used.

According to one source, Flair gave his notice a few weeks ago, before any of the Signature Pharmacy scandal broke. People close to him say that he knows he is close to the end of his career. With all of the recent suspensions in WWE, Flair now has more bargaining power than ever, thus he has been offered a bigger role. Part of the problem is stemming from personal issues involving his children. This is said to have had an overall effect on his mood.

Right now WWE is doing all they can do to try and get Flair back and are moving forward as if he will return.

tnbt23
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
It was said in 1994 and I feel bad about having to quote it again but: folks, the TITAN-ic is sinking... ABANDON SHIP!!! ABANDON SHIP!!!

conman823
09-07-2007, 10:06 PM
It was said in 1994 and I feel bad about having to quote it again but: folks, the TITAN-ic is sinking... ABANDON SHIP!!! ABANDON SHIP!!!

So true, the sad part is theres no competition to light the fire under these writers/bookers asses.

If Ric Flair, the guy who stayed at WCW during its shit days, is walking you really need to get a hold of your company Vince.

Flair deserves so much more, but like a lot of the greats he might just disappear.