You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
9/13/07 Just Say NO to Robots [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 9/13/07 Just Say NO to Robots

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

What's with all the uncanny foreshadowing? Fezzie brought up a report today that stated that the life expectancy of Americans has reached almost seventy-eight years... Fez asked by what age would it seem that you had lived a good, long life... He thought somewhere in the nineties sounded acceptable. Ron said, "thirty." See, I laughed at that like, "Aw c'mon Ronnie B!!!"

I laughed....totally ignoring the faint, yet slightly annoying tickle in the back of my throat...
I was amused, completely overlooking a dainty cough that followed the laugh.....Why did I not pay attention?? Why did I not notice the signs......the obvious, obvious foreshadowing from when he said....thirty??

If I was watching a soap on TV, and I noticed a character sniffle..or...experience any minor pain...or expel the weakest, "achoo;" I would have realized immediately... "Ahh, that's it sweetheart, this spells curtains for you!" and I'd know to expect to see the poor thing in a comatose state, tout de suite!

You see.... I am in the September of my thirtieth year.. I should have know that what Ronnie said was a foreboding prophesy of sorts for my story..... Why did I not heed a random, passing statement on the radio? Why did I not glom onto it like some kind of coded message spoken just for me, to my life, as obviously any good lunatic would?? I should have bolted for mass quantities of echinacea...and vitamin C...... but I didn't. Now I fear, my friends, that this is the end... that the whooping cough is going to consume me.... I called my moms for some sympathy...My moms said it sounded like the flu.... but if you're gonna be a hypochondriac like me, you're really gonna have to learn to ignore your mother's good sense and swear by whatever crazy shit you read on Web MD instead..... So thirty huh? You called it Ronnie B..... The end o' the line.....I dictate this telegram to you hear from my sickbed.....in this decrepit, grey infirmary: Dug the show today STOP...I'm fearing that the robots will turn on us STOP.....

Nah... I'm just kiddin... this telegram gimmick ain't gonna work... For real...Stooopid...! I was just tryin to be all old-timey again..

Well what the hell?? Do I really want to last here on this rock until I'm 77.9 years old, anyway? I should stick around to a ripe old age only to slog and toil my golden years away, laboring for the robot race which has conquered the Earth's people? It's only a matter of time before mighty robots annihilate humankind! You guys talked about a lot of stuff today, but I tells ya..... the robot fear always gets to me!

Ronnie yelled, "They will turn!!! We know this like we know our own names!!!"

See, your message of eventual robot world domination, THAT I did heed..... You guys were talking about the new lil robot that has appeared on the horizon.....ever so innocently, or so it would seem.... He is called Zeno....Zeno the lil walkin', talkin', learnin' robot boy...... They say this Zeno can recognize you face....learn to express emotions... NOOO! No thank you. The guy who created him named the robot boy after his son....Why..???

I know I am not the only one who sees THIS as a foreshadowing decision, cause you guys said it too! Ronnie said that robot Zeno would have to end up crawlin into that kid's crib... "He'd steal his breath!" Of course he would... You know how these things go... Zeno's gonna want to become a, "real boy." He'll get rid of the competition, they'll find him in the crib one morning instead of the baby.... "Love....me...... LOVE... ME," he will mechanically chirp.... ((Shudderrr))

Ronnie B. brought up a good point.... "Scientists think that just because you can do something, you should." Caution! Caution! I will give ear to your words....I will listen...after all, you are known as, "The Ray Bradbury of Radio!" It could happen.... it very well might....and Ron gravely stated that in the future when this all goes down, "and I'll be yelling in my old voice, 'I TOLD you bastards!' "

For so long now, sci-fi films and literature have attempted to warn us about the impending doom that is a robot revolt and takeover after scientists create the perfect robot!!! Tis a grim, grim picture my human friends! Depicted are terrible scenes...of an imminent fate in which the roles of humans and robots would be transposed as technology takes over...We, the people who once welcomed these robots into our lives...in the forms of Roombas....and later Zenos..... and all of that shit.... are oppressed and reduced to an existence in which our only purpose is to work for them....to see to THEIR needs....I dunno what the fuck will happen, but I'm fairly certain it involves humans running endlessly on giant hamster wheels....It always does......

That's chilling enough, but what if the robots decide that we are no longer necessary???? EXTINCT, is what!!

Ron called the robots to be feared, "mechanical maniacs..." and I am starting to agree.... He yelled agitatedly, "Do you want to help??! Then create some kind of robot-combating guns!!!" Lemme know where to get them, I will stockpile...

If some genius robot is created, what if it the intelligence is so great that he can create a program to reproduce his robot self over and over???!!! It will become impossible to stop their multiplying....Out of control!! One fear is ultimately falling into robot slavery, but another could easily be that humankind will become obsolete..... Robots will consider us feeble and ineffective.....We'll be considered as mere inconveniences, leeches on the robot system.....They will do away with humanity! Oh..the humanity.

Ron was sayin about robots that, "To me, I call them toasters, because that's the only thing they are good for....he said to Earl, "Ya know what I'd like to do....I'd replace you with a blender......I wouldn't get any more work done, but at least we could all have boat drinks after the show!" Hmmm..... See, now....Earl and others may fear that machines will be able to take over their jobs......but if robots become powerful and self-sufficient, they may.... just rob us of.... OUR LIVES!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Scary.....

You know.... though this all seems quite possible to me, another horrifying proposition occurred in my mind....another terrible vision of the future.....It was an image of what could be... that would almost make me welcome sweet death in its stead.....Even if the robots do not conquer our planet, do are we really comfortable with the propagation of child-like androids....every family havin one of their very own????

Does NOBODY remember how awful and annoying the show Small Wonder was??? Answer me!! We must squash this shit now...Euuuuugh..

I have to say.... there have been times that I have wondered if there have been really believable androids in my midst already.... Ya know how there's the whole gimmick about them taking everything you say mad literally....showing their robotic true nature....

Don't try to say, while doin that, get-outta-here-you hand gesture, "Ahhh, go jump in a lake!!" Cause an android will... an android will...

Oh, but what I was tryin to say is that sometimes I will find myself in a conversation where the other person is like, "Why?? Why would you want to do that?? Kidnapping is WRONG!" and I'm like... "Look...eh just fergeit it, OK?? Nobody's gettin kidnapped....heh...heh...." OR, sometimes people have really odd, inhuman laughs..... That makes me wonder about them too.... I will stop myself just shy of leaning into them, eyebrow raised to ask, "Are you a fuckin robot?"and I've also resisted tearing off the backs of shirts to reveal control panels...Like SO many times!!!

If I ever met Jude Law I think I would have to just find out though... It's NOT just cause he was in that A.I. film....as an android.....Seriously.....just look at him.....FAKE! Did he choose that role, or did that role....choose..him?? Right! Exactly.... Gahhd, ya know the way he always, always keeps repeating that story about Shania hating chicken salad..... I was sure that it's some kinda robot glitch....Ahh anyway, what am I tryin to do here?? Am I tryin to ruin your lives talkin about robots all night??

Oh- but one more thing...real, real quick....You know, I brought up the term, android there.. and I have to admit, Ron and Fez Show, that I wasn't quite clear on the definitions between android and cyborg until yez explained them today......So android is the human-looking robot..... but a cyborg is like a synthesis of human and machine? Some shit like that.... Hey, remember this!? Ron said, "I think you are a cyborg if you wear platform shoes....I kick the heels right out from under 'em!!!" Fezzie asked, "To stop the robots??" Ronnie said, "No...no... it's more of my domination thing...Don't try to look into my dark soul Fez!" That had me rollin.... :0) Maybe my soul is dark too cause I wanna see that shit happen!

You know what else I loved...unrelated to the topic of robots.....cause I don't love nuthin bout no robots.... ummm... oh yeah... I really enjoyed the idea of Ron as, "The positive heckler..." That came up after Pitzy was telling his story about horrifying people in the stadium by running down near the dugout to scream at some of the Mets..... Wow dude....

Ronnie said that he used to heckle, but he would yell out little known facts from when players were in the minor leagues... "Led the Carolina leagues in doubles!!!" HAHAHAH...So random.... too funny to me... Dude, I cackle.... I dunno..... Oh and when he said that they'd talk all loudly about how Tommy Lasorda, "He's lookin great! Look he's all tan..." This kills me for some reason! You know what else made me laugh was how just disgusted Fez was to tell his story about meeting Jerry Glanville after some caller acted like he was a great coach.......Fezzie yelled something about his, "southern-joker laugh," and, "What a pain in the ASS!!" Fez's disgust always just KILLS me, I tell yez.....

Man, Ron and Fez, I know I am leaving out a lot of stuff that happened today....please forgive..... I shall write again sooon.....If I survive....... Peace out homies...

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Poochie
09-14-2007, 01:54 AM
An entire blog on robuts! I love it!!!!

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-14-2007, 02:00 AM
An entire blog on robuts! I love it!!!!

HAHAH... f'real..... I've been sayin, "Robut," all day...... Robut will catch on....

Thanks Poochie :0)

Lurkin McWeirdo
09-14-2007, 03:09 AM
beedee beedee beedee robut says good blog - over :glurps: why is their water on my visor is this emotion

drjoek
09-14-2007, 05:44 AM
WE MUST DESTROY KATHLEEN FROM THE BRONX
MUST DESTROY

MUST DESTROY
http://images.newsmax.com/ap/dad82a91-63e1-45c9-9c40-f945cb7a2be9.jpg

:laugh:

buzzard
09-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Danger Wil Robinson,Danger Wil Robinson she has insights beyond our circuitry! You definitely compute Bronxy! yer like a great dessert after a fabulous meal!:wink:

Ay Kay Forty2
09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
In the Distant Future....

http://chaoskids.com/ROBOTS/TSGR/robot.jpg

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
WE MUST DESTROY KATHLEEN FROM THE BRONX
MUST DESTROY

MUST DESTROY
http://images.newsmax.com/ap/dad82a91-63e1-45c9-9c40-f945cb7a2be9.jpg

I friggin new it! I knew that's what he was thinking when I looked at him on the computer screen, and he looked back at me...with that wincey look.... What kinda look is that to give a person? You can tell he's thinkin mean shit....though he tries to put himself out there like, "Hey I'm cute lil robot fella." I know what he's up to..... Not on my watch, Zeno...

buzzard
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z82/a1958wil/leslie1.jpg

I prefer my robots in Black & white

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-14-2007, 12:40 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z82/a1958wil/leslie1.jpg

I prefer my robots in Black & white

I prefer robots smashed into smithereens or in a heap of twisted metal and wires lying at the base of a cliff...... :0)

That picture's from Forbidden Planet? I theeenk so....

Hey ya wanna see a scary robot? I HATE this thing... Why are the Koreans doing this???? What it indeed their evil plan??

Prolly everyone in life has seen this by now... but look anywhoo, Robot Einstein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIDkNT-7WTI

AHHHHHH!

Furtherman
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Click here to hear the wonders of the robot Assimo! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85b_sPHkEPc)

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Click here to hear the wonders of the robot Assimo! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85b_sPHkEPc)

AHAHAH... Dude.... Juuuust when you think you've seen it all... Here comes a fartin robot...

buzzard
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I prefer robots smashed into smithereens or in a heap of twisted metal and wires lying at the base of a cliff...... :0)

That picture's from Forbidden Planet? I theeenk so....

Hey ya wanna see a scary robot? I HATE this thing... Why are the Koreans doing this???? What it indeed their evil plan??

Prolly everyone in life has seen this by now... but look anywhoo, Robot Einstein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIDkNT-7WTI

AHHHHHH!

that's phucking creepy! ecccch!

rexdart
09-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I was wondering whether robots in the future would commit sex crimes? Gangs of robots force fisting random passers by. Would Earl or Dave or the other members of the Asexual Monkeys hang out in the park hoping against hope that he would be picked next?

Is Earl a malfunctioning robot? It would explain an awful lot.

Ay Kay Forty2
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
can't get the embed to work on this one.

It's a Flight of the Conchords song with clips from a Japanese cartoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBEVgRf_iiw