You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
PRIME Wrestling [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : PRIME Wrestling

SpicyMcHaggis
09-17-2007, 04:31 AM
PRIME Wrestling is here and it's ready to get the ball in motion. My business partner and myself have plans and since I said that I'd want legit help from anyone who is seriously interested in assisting us in any way possible, here are our plans.

PHASE 1: Gather Resources
We are saving up money as well as looking for ways to get money in order to pay for the talent we would like to acquire as well as a venue we will perform in. If anyone is aware of any sponsors or vendors in the NY/NJ area (preferably Bergen County and NYC) that would be interested, please contact us at primewrestling@gmail.com. Also, if anyone would like to recommend an affordable venue that can seat comfortably at least 300 people, please contact us at the e-mail address given prior.

PHASE 2: Talent Acquisitions
We at PRIME are going to be looking for professional wrestling talent in a way not too many have done before, and that's by having an open audition of sorts. We're requesting demo tapes, promo pictures, and anything that can give us an idea of you being able to fit the mold of the direction we are taking. Also, we are looking for a special draw name to act as official ringside judge for the night. A few possible names have been brought up that we will be in contact with.

PHASE 3: Press Releases
Phase 3 will be done in a way like no other. We will be starting an ongoing web series of videos that will talk about PRIME's mission, it's continuing acquired talent, and an eventual countdown to our first event which will include a small press conference where members of pro wrestling journalism will be invited to write about this event.

PHASE 4: The First Show
The final step will be to put on a show that is everything we have made it hyped up to be and fulfilling our goals.

With your help, we can make this a reality and our combined efforts might be able to make an impact and set a new standard for the way professional wrestling will be looked at. Once again, I'm looking for those who are looking to seriously involve themselves in it and having a goal of success in mind. Please contact us through PM's here on the board or primewrestling@gmail.com.

Cockstrong
09-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm open to new bookings in the area:

www.JohnnyCockstrong.com

Check the media section to get an idea of my work.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
So you've worked with Corvis Fear?

Cockstrong
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
So you've worked with Corvis Fear?

Yup, lots of times.

King Hippos Bandaid
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe Cryme Tyme could work with PRIME, after losing their jobs in the Drop of a Dime

:king:

SpicyMcHaggis
09-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Now we know who wrote for John Cena's raps, lol. Just kidding man. That actually made me laugh. But yes, I've worked with Corvis, too, Johnny, in ECPW Showcase where he does his Fire Lyger gimmick. I am interested in putting together a triple threat match with him, Archadia, and Gavin Quest.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
So the biggest thing right now is finding sponsors to cover expenses in exchange for advertising. Any ideas on businesses that would be willing to do so?

Don Stugots
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
give me some prices via PM, i am looking to advertise and love wrestling.

p.s. i cant promise anything but you never know.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Deals are being made, talent is being acquired as we speak. Ladies and gentlemen, this plan is coming together. We still have a long ways to go, however.

Cockstrong
09-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Now we know who wrote for John Cena's raps, lol. Just kidding man. That actually made me laugh. But yes, I've worked with Corvis, too, Johnny, in ECPW Showcase where he does his Fire Lyger gimmick. I am interested in putting together a triple threat match with him, Archadia, and Gavin Quest.

That really shouldn't be a problem, they've all worked together before.

thelyonhart
09-18-2007, 05:05 AM
That really shouldn't be a problem, they've all worked together before.

Notice how your saying you were open for bookings led to him talking about putting matches together with three other people, and not you... that's cold as ice!

SpicyMcHaggis
09-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Nothing's final. It will be announced through a special countdown video series which will be showing the continuing progress towards our event which will tentively be held in March of '08.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
NOTICE! Looking for local business within the North Bergen area who wish to advertise during our show.

Advertised mentions of your business will be in the following areas:

- On promotional flyers
- In the programs distributed at the show
- On our online hype show on location and with graphics
- Mentioned by name during our show in the beginning and in intermission

One reasonable price for all this advertisement for your local business or cause. Please contact me if you are aware of any or have your own. I will give pricing details in private.

Section 8
09-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I'll work for your promotion if you'll let me.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Friend us on the MySpace page. It's still a long process before the show gets off the ground, but here's what I've got in mind.

Venue - Elmwood Park Rec Center (my hometown)

Possible Names for Main Event (Absolutely NOTHING Confirmed): 2 Cold Scorpio, Spike Dudley, Sabu, Gangrel, Eugene Dinsmore, The Sandman, but these are only contacts I've inquired about.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Many former ECW stars have been contacted to compete in the main event of the debut event we are going to be calling "Breaking Ground." A few names include...

Jerry Lynn
Spike Dudley
2 Cold Scorpio
Justin Credible
Sabu
Al Snow

More details to come once all negotiations are final.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
ATTENTION THEREISNORADIO.COM SHOWS!!!!

Still waiting for one of you guys to talk to me about an advertising deal for all of the shows. Believe me, I got a real good one for you.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
So I was shuffling through some old files on my computer and I came across the rules, regulations and match types I created for the promotion that never was. With the UFC as popular as it right now, this was going to have the vibe of what they present but with the old school simplistic competition based booking of yesteryear. For those of you interested, this is a long read so I'll warn you now.

PRIME Fighting Arts

PRIME is a professional wrestling organization that looks to put the sport back in “sports entertainment.” PRIME glorifies pure athleticism, thrives off of strong personalities, and where competition is the name of the game. PRIME’s main directive is to showcase the best of the best in professional wrestling. With this directive come rules that will allow all competitors a fair and balanced system of performing in the ring and to give no one an upper hand advantage so that all outcomes are based purely on the individuals involved in matches.

MATCH RULES:

1. All one-on-one matches are contested under a ten-minute time limit unless contested under special conditions.
2. A fighter can be disqualified for the following reasons if caught by the judge or ring official.
1. Intentional groin attack of any kind
2. Interference from anyone not officially involved in the fight
3. Use of weapons by an opponent which are recognized as any object that is used to intentionally cause harm to a fighter (i.e. chairs, tables, use of guardrails, etc.)
4. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the recognized official
5. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat, in which the recognized official has the choice to reverse their decision if they feel it is necessary
3. If a fighter is to fall outside of the ring and to the floor, they have a twenty count to answer to by the recognized official. If the count is not answered, their opponent will be declared the winner.
4. Winners are decided by pinfall, tap out from submission both verbal and physical, official’s discretion if official believes a fighter can no longer compete, disqualification from disobeying any previously mentioned qualifiers
5. If a match exceeds the time limit, a judge will decide a winner based off of observing who had more of the upper hand in the match throughout it’s time.

MATCH TYPES:

* One-on-One: Singles competition where two fighters compete to a finish with a ten minute time limit
* Tag-Team: Two teams of two fighters competing to a finish where only one fighter is allowed in the ring at a time. Tags are recognized only when an official witnesses the following:
o Both feet of the wrestler on the outside must be flat on the apron
o The wrestler outside the ring must hold on to the tag rope tied in the corner
o Tags are legal as long as the team members touch
* Ironman: A multiple-fall match with a set time limit; The match is won by the wrestler who wins the most falls within said time limit, by either pinfall, submission, disqualification, or count out.
* Submission: Two wrestlers compete against each other with the only way to win is by submission. Submissions are recognized as any wrestling maneuver that voluntarily makes an opposing fighter give up verbally or physically. Use of weapons or the ring itself will not be recognized as submissions.
* PRIME FIGHTER Scramble: Two wrestlers start the match and every five minutes another wrestler enters until all five participants are present. After the last wrestler enters, there is a five-minute time limit. Each time a wrestler scores a pinfall or submission they become the interim or unofficial PRIME FIGHTER titleholder, and such reigns are not recorded as official reigns. Five minutes after the final wrestler enters, the wrestler that scores the last pinfall or submission is declared the winner and become the official PRIME FIGHTER. Contenders are selected through 10 qualifying matches.
* Battle Royal: Before the match begins, the contestants draw spots in the match. The match consists of X-number amount of fighters, beginning with the two fighters who chose entry numbers one and two in the ring. At regular timed intervals, usually ninety seconds, one of the remaining wrestlers enters the ring. Participants must eliminate all other opponents by getting them over the top rope with an elimination only being recognized by both of the fighter’s feet touching the floor. The winner of the event is the last wrestler remaining after all others have been eliminated.
* Tag-Team Turmoil: A set number of tag-teams competing in the match are set before the match takes place. Two tag-teams start and when one is eliminated another tag team takes the losing tag team’s place. The winner is decided when the last tag team’s standing has competed and one has defeated the other.
* Round Robin Challenge: Three fighters/tag teams compete with each other in a round-robin tournament. They each wrestle two different matches (making a total of three matches), with the one(s) with the most victories winning the challenge.

TOURNAMENTS

PRIME Fighting Arts is host to several types of tournaments that will allow fighters of all types and specialties to compete and be recognized as the PRIME FIGHTER of their division or style.

* PRIME FIGHTER Cup: The pinnacle tournament of PRIME Fighting Arts, the PRIME FIGHTER title is given to the winner of this tournament, which culminates in a unique match that sees the winner of each qualifying match face off in a PRIME FIGHTER Scramble. The winner of the PRIME FIGHTER Cup is allowed to hold onto the name title of PRIME FIGHTER for one full year and is automatically given a qualification for the following PRIME FIGHTER Scramble match the next year.
* Pure Wrestling Cup: The Pure Wrestling Cup will recognize fighters who specialize in being mat technicians. The Pure Wrestling Cup has its own set of unique rules that are used to give a fair and balanced platform for the fighters to compete in.
o Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
o There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low-blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist will get a warning, and the second will cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he will be disqualified.
o A wrestler is subject to a twenty count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.
* Tag-Team Turmoil: The tournament is divided into two rounds. Each round consists of two tag team turmoil matches. The winners of each tag-team turmoil match face off in a final match to determine the PRIME FIGHTING Tag Team.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I made a site to use as a presentation for potential investors and partners. Pass it along to anyone you might think is interested.

PRIME Fighting Arts Official Website (http://primefightingarts.webs.com/)