You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
9/20/07 Red Letter Day [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 9/20/07 Red Letter Day

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Ronnie B. said that today's show was, "red letter," and I agree... Yes I agree.... Unfortunately the description, "red letter, " reminds me of some lyrics from the song from Disney's Aladdin...I used to babysit a lot... I don't know what to tell ya; I just begrudgingly know that they state in the song that, "every moment red letter," as they sing and canoodle while flying around on a carpet and fall in love and all that stuff crooning, "A whole neeew wooooorld..." Well, um... there was no reason to share that with yez, but what I'm sayin is, great show today mis amigos! A, "whole new world," of funniness?? Eh?? Heh???? Ohhh. Ahem... Well anyway....There was lotsa greatness today.... All who listened got to witness the birth of Ron's new modeling agency, and the now highly anticipated, "Ron Magazine." We got to hear a call from Beanie, Dave's moms...... and got to experience the results of the second night of, "The No Sleep Till Brooklyn Challenge."

First of all, please allow me to congratulate Fez Marie Whatley... You made it Fezzie, ya completed a second night of no sleep...You executed the, "No Sleep Till Brooklyn challenge!" Ya made it all the way to Brooklyn and you were the ONLY one who did! Wooooooo!!!! Dave, Earl and Pitzy all passed out...Ohhh what a triflin display! Apparently it was more like, "No Sleep Till Bayonne," for those cats... or some shit like that....

Fezzie was the big winner and everyone cheered..... I did at home.... I yelled, "Chaaaampion!!" and marched around a little, but then I got tired pretty quickly and so I stopped, and then sat down again. Ron applauded him.... "The highlander himself! The man that the children call, 'Snowball,' or, 'Uncle Snowball!' " Ronnie remarked that Fez was, "the only one with guts!" and pointed out with admiration, "AND you're three times older and twice their weight!" To which Fez countered, "Heeeeeeey!!!" I laughed, but also said, "Awwwww!" He's not twice their weight, Ronnie B.! Then Ronnie said, "You're the winner on a looosing team.... It's like you're the MVP of Shitsburg!!!" Still man! C'mon....Winner!!! I humbley offer up another, "WOOOooOOOOo!"

Once again we were all able to behold the effects of sleep deprivation... Fez yelled, "Apparently I'm on my own in all of this!!!" cause the rest of the team had failed to complete the mission, to which Ronnie said, "Not just this....everything in life!" East Side Dave tried to act all like, "Well... I just feel like this is a way for Fez to feel good about himself.." and Fez snapped back, "Don't do me any FAAACKIN favors!!!"

I know that I cannot accurately describe just why that had me laughin so hard... but I did laugh so crazily that I would actually call it, "yowling..." There is something just so beautifully comical to me about a cantankerous Fez.... It rules. It rules I tell you! Hey, like OK... of course you know what Mohawk-Fez looks like....by the way, I am a fan of this tough-guy look, though he called it his, "Mohawk of shame" that he had to get after losing a bet....... but like, the point... that face that he makes in that picture on the front page of ronfez.net.... all mohawked and scowly like that.... I envisioned that expression + yelling crankily.... and again I cackle.... The best!

Dave asserted that he had tried as hard as he could to stay awake... by watching Hotel Rwanda and writing poetry..... The way that he pronounced, "Rwanda," aggravated yez cause it sounded like, "RU-wanda,"and Fezzie then shouted, "Hotel Rue McClanahan!!!" Man... that shit cracked me up.... Any Golden Girls reference will do that, ya see.... One random tidbit that I will add... Yo, remember when Rue McClanahan DID have a hotel after Dorothy got married to Leslie Neilsen...It was her and Rose and Sophia.... They all ran this hotel called, Golden Palace and Cheech Marin was the cook there! YO- oddly enough Don Cheadle worked there too!!!! He worked at Hotel Rue McClanahan AND Hotel Rwanda!!! Hello?????? Does no one remember this?? What do you people sleep at night and not watch whatever piece of crap re-run that comes on TV?? Oh forget it! I'm all alone here....forget it...

Fezzie noted that last night with all this staying awake way too long, he was forced to turn off his blasting air conditioner cause at one point he started to imagine, way too vividly, that the sounds emanating from it were actually utterances.... He began to hear voices, like little people were talking to him from the chilly vents.... Crazy, how peculiar! You know, it occurred to me, and maybe I was half hoping this... but I thought that perhaps in his lunched-out state, it might be the perfect time to meet up with that ghost that used to visit his abode.... Remember??

It was probably last year, or sometime a whiles back when the apparition of an ancient old, old man in a blue uniform used to appear now and then in his apartment on Retard Island... I mean, I didn't want the dear boy to be met with a fright in his fatigued state.. but it dawned on me that it might be the perfect time to have such an encounter as Fez probably would not have been so freaked...He might have been in the right mindset, so tired with his defenses way lowered...and most likely he would not have run him off... The small, chatty creatures in the air conditioner didn't seem to bother him so much, so the emergence of an old-timey-garbed ethereal being may not have either......

Then Fezzielou could have finally found out what the ole guy's deal was..... Hmmmm... Actually, maybe it's all better left a mystery... The spirit might have turned out to be very dull after all... He might have been full of nuthin but humdrum tales if given the chance to hang out for the night... He'd tell em one after the next, while smoking his ghostly pipe..."Aye, in my day there were goats on the island.. so many varieties of goats...I tell ya, hee hee..... Ya think there were crazies on this island my boy, you should have seen the goats!!" and poor Fezzie would be snoozin in no time.... Hmmm... better he didn't run into that wearisome soul, I suppose.....

Fezzie said that his second sleepless night was, "weird, but interesting," as if he had started to enjoy it......"Sleeping doesn't seem like everything it's cracked up to be," he mused...That reminds me of a quote by Leonard Cohen: "The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world." Yeah.... See, I have mentioned that I can never sleep... so I know quotes like that... Whaddya think I do all night except look up quotes by other people who can't sleep???....People of note..... so then I can be all like, "How right you are ole bean, how right you are... Yes! Me and Leonard Cohen..." When you are up all night, ya start to feel a bit of camaraderie with the others who are tired yet wired in the night... You might begin to have unhinged thoughts suggesting that you somehow get more out of the wee late hours.....some kind of deep understanding.....than those peacefully sleeping..... Yeah, it's refuge alright! Plus it's all like being stoned after a while....

That's what Ron said to Fezzie as well...."All the things like you're think right now..that you think are so great.... I can take that up a notch... We can be on the next subway trip to gak street, my friend!!" HAHAH..... Ron added that, "in no time you'll be walkin around in the same rumpled suit goin up to girls at the bus stop and askin them to kiss...'Hey, this might be fun, how bout you get out of those jeans???' " I was rollin and rollin at that...... Ronnie B. then continued, "Much like Martin Luther King, I too had a dream...." Fezzie seemed to wonder aloud, "Well.....I don't think that's the same kind of dream that Martin Luther King had...." Ron answered, "Believe me....Martin Luther King had some dreams that he couldn't say.."

Well one dream seemed to be recognized today.... Ronie seemed quite pleased to have been booked as an expert panelist on OOooooo and Aaaaaaaa..... He was called up to report of his close knowledge on one Vincent Champ: Stand-up Comic/ Rapist. Man, I woulda woken up early to hear Ron B. on O&A! He claimed that he had to wake up at the break of dawn to do so though.........Fezzie dissented with a shriek of, "Break of dawn!!?? It was almost ten o'clock!" to which Ron bemused, answered, "Well what time is the break of dawn then???" Fezzie said that it usually happened around six...... Listen, I'm wit Ron on that one.... The break of dawn for me happens at roughly 11:58 AM each break of dawn.... I heard that segment when Ron called in later though, and I thought that he rocked it.....Just sayin... You got the line o' the day, man.... Good shit...

Ron reported that all was goin just swimmingly until another call came through that blatheringly drowned him out..... "I was in my glory, IN MY GLORY... until Jay Mohr called in!" Ronnie yelled..... Fezzie lamented in response, "Why Jay, WHY??!!" Ron claimed that Jay's name should actually be, "Jay-Mohr-about-me," with all his plugging.....When Jay Mohr called into yez, ya "Blowharded him," That's the term that I believe we should coin... by having The Blowhard whoop in, talking over Jay's every word..... He bloviated, (the word that he likes to use), so hard that Jay had to hang up..... It was funny as hell.....Ron approved, commending The Blowhard, "That's what I call revenge, SWEEET revenge!!!" For real... that was so funny......

Dave told Ronnie that during the time he was on the air with O&A, Babygirl posted on the listening thread that she, "loved Ronnie." Of course, who doesn't!? Anyway, that piece of info seemed to start the ball rollin on what could be one of the greatest inventions of our time..... Ron declared that he was going to start up a modeling agency.... taking photos of chicks together starting with Babygirl and Angelfuck and on and on listing so many of the lovely chicas in all Ron'n'Fezdom.... THIS led to the brainchild that will be known as, "Ron Magazine!" in which Ronnie will take many a provocative picture, but where he will also Unmask......... This is a fantastic idea. Ron announced that the magazine would offer a calendar AND a colander.... Dude! I totally need a new colander! You DO NOT even know what a bitch it's been tryin to drain spaghetti without one.. Where do I subscribe??

Ronnie B., this Ron Magazine of yours seriously is a great idea though...Like you said, this magazine will take off- "This is not some Maxim bullshit!!!"... I believe that your publication will be like the Playboy that people actually WOULD read the articles for as well.... You know that ole gimmick that people say... "I read it for the articles??" Well, people would certainly get it to peruse the girls, but the articles truly will be a draw as well! You are unmasking, for the lovea God!! I know that you mentioned that one cover should be you and Earl facing off like Kanye West and Fiddy Cent.....after today's discourse on O.J. Simpson yez had..... but as the magazine bears your name, will you be on each cover?? You know.... like how Oprah is on every cover of her O Magazine? "I'm Oprah, it is Autumn, I'm holding a cornucopia..."

Stop shootin me that look! I'm just askin! I don't read that shite! What, am I not allowed to notice things on line at the grocery store??? Oy.... I was just sayin... I don't think it would be a bad idea fer ya though..... Besides that cover with you and Earl, you could have one with you holdin a bag of hot nickels..... There could be a November issue featuring you on the cover holding a slow-roasted puppy on a silver turkey platter....... loookin deeeelicious! You've always had it in the back of your mind to eat a puppy...... Ya know??? Well....just wonderin...Just some thoughts.....

In any case, I thought it was mad funny when you offered Dave days off his no-contact-with Casey sentence if he agreed to have he pose in her Mets one-piece whilst tinkling in the tub.... Dave yelped, "NOOo!" and Fez said that she could be, "Ms. Pisstember.......in Urine Review!" Eeek... :0) As Ronnie pointed out, this feature would be a draw for one Jimmy Norton.... I also dug the idea that yez had, a component in the mag that portrayed his lovely wife and his mom in some shots...Innovative!!! Dave didn't seem too down wit that either... So funny....

Dave's mom, Beaine called in today too.... I have to say that I love it when she does.... Beanie's never nervous and provides such hilarious conversation.....As she was once close friends with Barry Manilow, yez asked her about the current controversy between him and The View's Elizabeth Hasselbeck..... Beanie didn't know nuthin bout that....Hey, but as a side note do you guys remember this story outta Australia from last year? Certain suburbs, as a measure of keeping hooligans from hanging out in the neighborhoods, decided to pipe Barry's greatest hits in parking lots in the area...... They concluded that by playing his tunes, local ne'er-do-wells would steer clear.... HAH! Ohhh anyway.... Beanie told this humorous tale in which she noticed that she and Barry Manilow had the same hair in they 70's and seeing him these days they have similar hairdoos today! That made me laugh.......THEN she pointed out that her beloved pooch, Tootsie Roll Marie MacDonald ALSO had a similar haircut to Barry's! I was dyin... It's always so great when she calls in; always so revealing!

It got me thinkin... this whole thing with Barry Manilow and the look-a-like dog...... Oooooh Ron and Fez Show... I try to hold off on these types of emails.... I mean, it's not as though you need YET ANOTHER message from me that begins, "Dear Ron and Fez Shooow, hey, you guys know what celebrity TOTALLY looks like a caribou???" and on and on.... BUT this conversation here reminded me....

Ya know I picked up this odd habit of seeing what animals celebrities resemble... I just so feel the urge to remind you of my findings....I mean, some of them are a bit complex, cause, just for instance, not everyone knows who William Devane is, or what the kookabura of Australia looks like....(just like William Devane), but I just cannot help myself from reminding you once again that Michael Moore looks like a pigeon. After hearing Beanie's call from today, I began to wonder if out there somewhere is a long-lost friend of Michael Moore's.... Maybe they went to college together... and maybe this friend raises pigeons on some city roof-top.... Perhaps when he or she calls into radio shows they remark on how much their crazy, fat, old pigeon, like the ones that are extra dandery and ornery and won't get outta your way as your walking down the street with rumpled feathers, looks like their dear ole pal Michael Moore....... Hmmmm...... I wonder......

Ohhhh I've gone deep into the ramblings now..... and once again I know that I have not even slightly really conveyed how funny today's show was to me.... I loved it... OK then RnF, peace out!!!

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

drjoek
09-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Ive been rallying the troops to get you your own column /byline in Ron the magazine

:thumbup:

Lurkin McWeirdo
09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
that is great I like reading this while I listen to Coolio:wink::furious::wink:

buzzard
09-21-2007, 06:50 AM
OMG,I hope never to be celebritized..they'd say I look like...a buzzard!Great stuff Bronxy,Thank-You!

The Blowhard
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I now look forward to reading your blog the same way I waited for my Weekly Reader as a kid in the summertime, or reading Highlights Magazine's "Goofus and Gallant" every time I went to the Doctor's office.
Brava.

Fezticle98
09-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I now look forward to reading your blog the same way I waited for my Weekly Reader as a kid in the summertime, or reading Highlights Magazine's "Goofus and Gallant" every time I went to the Doctor's office.
Brava.

The doctor's office is better now that they have penicillin and anesthesia instead of rusty saws.

Another home run for Kathleen! Pretty soon, they will be basing the show around the blog and not vice versa.

Ay Kay Forty2
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Great stuff, Kathleen. It's like having a written commentary of every show. And it's fun to read while eating breakfast.

The Blowhard
09-21-2007, 08:24 PM
The doctor's office is better now that they have penicillin and anesthesia instead of rusty saws.

Another home run for Kathleen! Pretty soon, they will be basing the show around the blog and not vice versa.

That's good to know. Can I keep my leeches? And by the way, how long until KathleenFromTheBronx.com? Blogs, links, the entire KBX experience!

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Brava.

http://www.highlights.com/images/us/local/newsroom/imglib/GoofusGallant_Oct1980_hrlg.jpg

Kathleen From The Bronx
09-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Thank you everybody for your friendly responses ...I dig very, very much that yez check em out...!!!

The blog for today's show..or yesterday's show at this point, (9/21/07) will be up sometime tomorrow.....

Thanks again, have a good weekend ronfez.net!

:wub:

cupcakelove
09-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Thank you everybody for your friendly responses ...I dig very, very much that yez check em out...!!!

The blog for today's show..or yesterday's show at this point, (9/21/07) will be up sometime tomorrow.....

Thanks again, have a good weekend ronfez.net!

:wub:

You have a good weekend too. I wish you were hanging out around here rather than Woodbridge. Hope to see you and BriBri soon!

rexdart
09-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I wonder whether Leslie Neilson creampied Dorthy or did he just blow his load onto her wrinkled chest? Did he have to fist her after downing a jar of Geritol? Does Dorthy have a noticeable gag reflex after all these years?

These are the questions that vex me night after night as I lay awake jonesing for another blog entry.