You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Cena forfeits title [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Cena forfeits title

PilotJeff
10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
From WWE.com

Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship
Written: October 2, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

John Cena wil be out six to eight months and must surrender the WWE Championship.

BoondockSaint
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Dr. James Andrews must have toilet paper made out hundred dollar bills.

J.Clints
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Kennedy vs Orton?
Orton vs Mr.Cena?
Orton ?????

King Hippos Bandaid
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Thank Fucking God

Who wants some Champagne

:king:

Freitag
10-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Dr. James Andrews must have toilet paper made out hundred dollar bills.

Seriously. He works on EVERYONE. I hope to god he has a good internship program, because when he dies, it could send sports back to the Stone Age.

I just envision him being like House. It makes it that much more fun.

Stephanie McMahon: "My husband's injured."
Dr. James Andrews: "What, did he slip on a banana peel in his natural habitat?"

epo
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Kennedy vs Orton?
Orton vs Mr.Cena?
Orton ?????

Orton vs. Carlito vs. HHH in a cage?

JesterOfSadness
10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Kennedy curse continues I see.

King Imp
10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow, so this was real and not some lame work?

cougarjake13
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow, so this was real and not some lame work?

either way who cares we all win

ponelas park townie
10-02-2007, 02:43 PM
The curse is coming for you, Batista!

Chimee
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
It already hit him once, plus that's a different curse.

lleeder
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I hope theres a Wrestlemania 4 style tournament.

J.Clints
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Orton vs. Carlito vs. HHH in a cage?

What about Umanga?

Bossanova
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I say Kennedy vs Orton for the strap

J.Clints
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I say Kennedy vs Orton for the strap

I agree. Close it.

RingWraith
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
So all it took was an injury to FINALLY defeat the "immortal" John Cena.

I'll take it at this point. Now I'm just wondering who take the strap.

But you know what, I hope he doesn't recover quickly in time for WM24 and win the belt. Cause that will annoy the shit outta' me.

Dougie Brootal
10-02-2007, 05:30 PM
thank god! this is the best day of my life. no wait. the best day of my life would be if cena was on his way to the arena for his big comeback and ran into a tree.

then a bus hits the car.

the a huge truck.

then a train.

then an airplane falls out of the sky, onto the wreckage.

then hogan shows up and a giant aircraft carrier falls on the whole mess.

that is the best day ever!

Kevin
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
thank god! this is the best day of my life. no wait. the best day of my life would be if cena was on his way to the arena for his big comeback and ran into a tree.

then a bus hits the car.

the a huge truck.

then a train.

then an airplane falls out of the sky, onto the wreckage.

then hogan shows up and a giant aircraft carrier falls on the whole mess.

that is the best day ever!

Cena, John Cena.. He is the greatest wrestler in history.. From the town of West Newbury, he's about to hit a chestnut tree..

cougarjake13
10-02-2007, 05:42 PM
i hope the doctor botches the surgery and cena can never wrestle again

Doctor Z
10-02-2007, 05:48 PM
All it's gonna take is another double-murder/suicide to have Cena come out and admit that the whole "torn pec" angle was staged.

Heather 8
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
You know, this thread is going exactly the same way a "Trips is out with an injury" thread would have gone about 2 years ago.

The faces change, but the overkill remains the same.

J.Clints
10-02-2007, 06:25 PM
new Wwe World Champion Section 8

Fallon
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
You know, this thread is going exactly the same way a "Trips is out with an injury" thread would have gone about 2 years ago.

The faces change, but the overkill remains the same.
I used to hate HHH for a while, that was because he had control and was keeping himself on top. Cena is just god awful in the ring and on the mic. I'm so glad he's gone for a while.

epo
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I used to hate HHH for a while, that was because he had control and was keeping himself on top. Cena is just god awful in the ring and on the mic. I'm so glad he's gone for a while.

Is Cena that awful or does he just have an awful gimmick?

ToddEVF
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
new Wwe World Champion Section 8

Great idea. . .

too bad though that 8 isn't in contention.

With the way WWE is looking they could give it to the Brooklyn Brawler and fans would be happy it isn't Cena.

MHasegawa
10-03-2007, 03:09 AM
damn, i hope you guys get injured at your jobs so i can laugh and tell you how much you suck

SpicyMcHaggis
10-03-2007, 03:11 AM
I hate when people say that.

Dash77
10-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Sorry people I don't get all the Cena hate, he's not the best wrestler but he gets the job done for the kids, who's parents buy the product, and it's the same thing that happened when we came up with Hogan, Heart, HBK & ect.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Yeah, but at least EVERYONE liked those guys when they were wrestling.

BTW, can we please go back to this version of the title now?
http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/WWEWORLD.jpg

Dash77
10-03-2007, 05:19 AM
[QUOTE=SpicyMcHaggis;1476288]Yeah, but at least EVERYONE liked those guys when they were wrestling.

Just like everyone that counts like him now, the kids.

ralphbxny
10-03-2007, 05:21 AM
Sorry people I don't get all the Cena hate, he's not the best wrestler but he gets the job done for the kids, who's parents buy the product, and it's the same thing that happened when we came up with Hogan, Heart, HBK & ect.

Agreed. I dont like his ring work, but I dont wish injuries on him! The kids love him and they buy the crap that keep WWE on the air.

ScottFromGA
10-03-2007, 05:27 AM

HOLY FUCK....That reminds me the deal they use to play before the Sci-Fi channel started.....I wish that someone had video of what I'm talking about. All it was for like 2 months was these wierd images with bright colors with this voice that sounded alienlike that said "Where coming for you...._______" and added some celeb or some famous named person.

by the way....Cena being hurt is a bad thing...but its a good thing for the up and comers.

Fallon
10-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Is Cena that awful or does he just have an awful gimmick?

I liked him when he started out as a heel and rapped, then it got old and he dumped it. No he just seems like a complete jackass want to be Rock. Everytime he's on the mic he trys to be funny, he's not and trys to be tough, he's not.

Dougie Brootal
10-03-2007, 08:56 AM
BTW, can we please go back to this version of the title now?
http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/WWEWORLD.jpg

2ND!

King Hippos Bandaid
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
2ND!

3rd the Notion

Hear Ye
Hear Ye

Dougie Brootal
10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
3rd the Notion

Hear Ye
Hear Ye

now if we could just get vince to read this thread!

King Hippos Bandaid
10-03-2007, 10:11 AM
now if we could just get vince to read this thread!

I bet someone already has

Vince hires a Whole Office Sized Staff to go to youtube and site like this to

A. Have all non copyrighted videos removed

B. Canoodle in the lives of fans

Kevin
10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Kevin2700/falloncap.jpg

Bobby is just inconsolable because of this.. I tried to talk him off the ledge but i do not know if i was successful.. Anyone hear from him?

JesterOfSadness
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
As much as I can't stand his character, I give him alot of credit for finishing the match and dealing with the post match beat down that Orton gave him. "Love him or hate him, you gotta respect him."

I would have rather seen him drop the belt cleanly in a match (and uninjured), but who really knows when that would have happened.

Raw will now (probably) be the Triple H show again.

cougarjake13
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
i hated cena the same way i hated trips

because they had the title forever and in this day and age a hogan like run just wont work with the short attention spans we all have now

plus with 3 shows every week plus a ppv, sometimes 2 in a month there's just an oversaturation of wwe

epo
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM

because they had the title forever and in this day and age a hogan like run just wont work with the short attention spans we all have now

plus with 3 shows every week plus a ppv, sometimes 2 in a month there's just an oversaturation of wwe

I don't think having a title for an extended period of time is an issue. Rather telling the same exact story over an extended period of time seems to be my issue.

Cena vs overwhelming odds....wait he Supermans UP! FU! Cena retains!

Chimee
10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
The whole powering up thing he would do was annoying and so were his promos, but I didn't mind him as a champion as much as Khali. And this Orton/Cena storyline didn't really focus on the overcoming the odds thing so that was a nice change of pace. Too bad he loses the title like this, though.

BoondockSaint
10-03-2007, 03:38 PM
How will I live without the 5 Knuckle Shuffle?

ToddEVF
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
damn, i hope you guys get injured at your jobs so i can laugh and tell you how much you suck

ok you got me. However i do believe that Cena dropping the belt is well over due.

Fallon
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
How will I live without the 5 Knuckle Shuffle?

You can still jerk off.

BronxJohnny
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarjake13

Couldn't agree with you more man. thought they should have done guerrilla tv with ECW putting it on local channels-back in the day it was on MSG-but they butchered it. Growning up as a kid i remember hating missing live events cuz titles would change hands, now its at ppv's if your lucky. MY VISION OF A PERFECT WRESTLING UNIVERSE They should have let WCW do the south-ECW do blue collar bingo spots-and WWE do the NE-MW. Have 4 ppv's for each company one,once a month-wwe royal rumble-Survivor Series-summerslam-wcw do wat they do-ecw what they do-Survivor series could have a 3way mainevent with 4man teams company wins gets to take a star from each brand. Wrestlemania would be a night of champions kinda thing were each champion from each brand fights the number one contenders- or a three way dance to see who is the top brand. TV would be WWE monday night raw Nitro thursdays and ECW sat at 1am and vince would make fucking cake-they should bring Heyman back-let Shane run WCW and keep stephaine away from anything. TNA would be done and as far as Cena sorry he lost it that way but about fucking time i think when Benoit tapped to him is when he decided to do what he did.

ponelas park townie
10-03-2007, 09:27 PM
VOTE VENIS! (http://application.wwe.com/mod-cgi/upe/?PO_ID=3144)

Gmann
10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
The spic in me wouldn't let me.

I had to go Super Crazy.

Chimee
10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Quote:

Couldn't agree with you more man. thought they should have done guerrilla tv with ECW putting it on local channels-back in the day it was on MSG-but they butchered it. Growning up as a kid i remember hating missing live events cuz titles would change hands, now its at ppv's if your lucky. MY VISION OF A PERFECT WRESTLING UNIVERSE They should have let WCW do the south-ECW do blue collar bingo spots-and WWE do the NE-MW. Have 4 ppv's for each company one,once a month-wwe royal rumble-Survivor Series-summerslam-wcw do wat they do-ecw what they do-Survivor series could have a 3way mainevent with 4man teams company wins gets to take a star from each brand. Wrestlemania would be a night of champions kinda thing were each champion from each brand fights the number one contenders- or a three way dance to see who is the top brand. TV would be WWE monday night raw Nitro thursdays and ECW sat at 1am and vince would make fucking cake-they should bring Heyman back-let Shane run WCW and keep stephaine away from anything. TNA would be done and as far as Cena sorry he lost it that way but about fucking time i think when Benoit tapped to him is when he decided to do what he did.

Damn, you should be booking this shit.

conman823
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Quote:

:clap:

Cena, like HHH before him was WAYYYY overdone. I never like to see these guys getting injured in the ring, after all they are just working. Still nothing will change, either it will be the Trips show again or a horrifying Umaga run.

I mean WTF they hire "soap oprea" writers for god sake and Vince is outta touch.

King Imp
10-04-2007, 12:39 AM
VOTE VENIS! (http://application.wwe.com/mod-cgi/upe/?PO_ID=3144)

Seriously, is someone hacking their polls or something? This is the second time that someone is getting way more votes than you would ever expect. First Stevie Richards led the poll as to who would be Vince's illegitimate kid and now Val Venis has almost half of close to 3 million votes.

JesterOfSadness
10-04-2007, 04:00 AM
There has been a few websites that are voting for Venis and to add, you can vote more than once.
I voted for him quite a few times the other day.

foodcourtdruide
10-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Quote:

Agree, but I'd have Bischoff run WCW and make Shane the head of a face stable in WWE. I LOVE the idea that ECW should have been guerilla marketed from DAY ONE. Live ECW shows at 1am in place of the Raw recap shows, in front of crowds of 100-200 people. It would have been something to talk about and made their scheduled live events that much more exciting. They could have recaptured the original excitement of what the NWO originally was.

WCW vs WWE would have been a fight for the legacy of the two companies. Think about the Ric Flair storyline possibilities alone. AH, would could have been. It's so unfortunate.

Instead, WCW was buried and WWE became a comic book parody of itself.

Chimee
10-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Orton get the belt handed to him and 10 minutes later Triple H is the champion.

Way to drop the ball Vince.

Tenbatsuzen
10-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Orton get the belt handed to him and 10 minutes later Triple H is the champion.

Way to drop the ball Vince.

Do you REALLY want a man who is legitimately fucked in the head as your champ?

SpicyMcHaggis
10-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Vince - "I give the people what they want-"

Crowd - "Y2J! Y2J! Y2J!"

Vince - "Well I'm not giving you that! But I'll give you what you want."

Yeah...that made me laugh and feel like a chump at the same time.

Chimee
10-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Do you REALLY want a man who is legitimately fucked in the head as your champ?

I'd love to see a match for the title, not one guy gets handed it and loses in 10 minutes.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
And now HHH faces Umaga in his first title defense of his ELEVENTH title reign.

epo
10-07-2007, 05:05 PM
This is such an awful situation with the title. Obviously Vince thinks HHH is the only person he can trust in this situation...and he's pretty much right on this one.

JesterOfSadness
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
For some reason I can't stop laughing at how awful this PPV is..and I didn't even order it.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Randy Orton, two time WWE Champion in one night.

PilotJeff
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Part of me wonders if after the show, Vince goes into his office and sits down and goes "Damn... that was a great show" or "Damn... how disappointing was that?" My guess, he doesn't give a rats ass either way.

Kevin
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
This is so disappointing.. What the fuck is Save us 222 then?

Section 8
10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Considering all of the computer-type things shown in the SAVE_US.222 promos, I think it has to do with Cyber Sunday. And from the looks of it, it will be the return of Chris Jericho and maybe, just maybe, Shawn Michaels.

Kevin
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Considering all of the computer-type things shown in the SAVE_US.222 promos, I think it has to do with Cyber Sunday. And from the looks of it, it will be the return of Chris Jericho and maybe, just maybe, Shawn Michaels.

If anyone but Jehrico is 222, i will stop watching.. I cant watch this garbage anymore..

SpicyMcHaggis
10-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah it seems like Jericho will be returning to the WWE during Cyber Sunday.

conman823
10-08-2007, 07:47 AM

Crowd - "Y2J! Y2J! Y2J!"

Thats OK Vince is only doing a show for himself and 10 people in the back anyway.

ToddEVF
10-09-2007, 11:38 AM

Crowd - "Y2J! Y2J! Y2J!"

What we want, huh?

How about some new talent that actually get good gimmicks and storylines?

I wanted the belt off Cena like the rest of us, but making No Mercy focus around 3 title defense for the same title? What about the poll on WWE.com that had Val Venis leading?

I would have rather have them just flat out give it to HHH (who I'm not the biggest fan of, but his beard makes him a face) then pull that hookey title crap. Can the WWE Title lose anymore credibility? Thats right, they haven't had a non-wrestler actor win it yet.

They should have done a 6-man elimination style match for the title, maybe then Orton winning would have been interesting.