You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
10/11/07 Mother and Child Reunion [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 10/11/07 Mother and Child Reunion

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-15-2007, 04:08 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Hey.... I just wanted to tell ya something real quick... I found it just great and highly entertaining that Dave's moms, Beanie Mac was in the studio with yez on Thursday! At so many points I was just laughing so hard..... I can say this right now and then revisit it later.... The singing alone!!! It was worth the price of admission....

I know that I have said this before, but you know....some of the stories that Dave tells of his past childhood....and current childhood.... when I'd hear them I used to always think with a touch o' disbelief, "Reeeeallly??? Naaah....Who would do such a thing? Why?? Naaah...." I say, "used to," cause I just believe it all now.... I mean every crazy thing....

Well, all that being said..... though now I am a believer in all the curious tales of one ESD, it still comes as a bit of a surprise to hear Beanie Mac back them up..... I already told you I have abandoned any kind of critical judgment on whether the history of East Side Dave is rooted in reality, but I STILL somewhat half-expected Beanie, while supporting the stories to say something like, "Oh yes, well David did do (this or that), but chuckle, chuckle, it wasn't THAT loony! Oooh Dave you and your imagination!" Something like that........ but no. Instead, further proof in the form of extra information is offered attesting that it's all been very, very strangely real..... like reminding us all that Dave's life on the street as a 23 year old run-away was indeed true...He'd run away after receiving bad grades.....Beanie added that part of the reason he was eventually tracked down was because he stopped to buy novelties... Dave took the time during his days of homeless leisure to shop for souvenirs while a vagrant in NYC.... Most homeless souvenirs are raggedy busted snow boots or trash bags full of empty cans.... ESD's were little Statue of Liberty mementos.... "Hey, this guy has had a lot of adventures!" Beanie proclaimed.....

I loved Beanie Mac in the studio... It was yet another chance to get to hear the many layers of the Dave personality being peeled back.... like a pastry made of phyllo dough.... all the flaky, flaky layers.... and all the while Dave laughed nervously as his moms was talking with yez.... That made me laugh too.... to hear all his seemingly worried giggles..... Aw lil Ruby! or should I say.... "lil Pinky?" Beanie said that was a nickname for our buddy too..... "Because when he was born he was so little and pink." Beanie also pointed out that Dave began speaking at the early age of two months.... Yup! Who knew??!

One of the aspects of Beanie's visit that was just killing me... I'm tellin you, I was just cryin laughing at some shite....was Ronnie B.'s muttering commentary during story time.... An instance of this was when they were discussing toddler-Dave nearly drowning in a pond...... Beanie was recounting the awful day and how Dave ultimately survived, alive to tell the tale..... Ron pointed out, "Well all that oxygen cut off would explain the brain damage...." Beanie countered, "No...well one thing.... He's very bright." Ron soflty replied, "Mmm hmm.....No." Then he added, "Just imagine if he would've died! We'd be sitting here wondering, 'What is this woman doin, sitting here in the studio??' " If Dave would have perished in that muddy pond, we would have never been able to hear the heart-warming poem that he wrote in High School for the Arister Magazine.... "The Stages of Life."

Ohhh my God.... what a poem! Beanie treasured it and brought it with her for Dave to recite aloud..... I'm tellin yez..... I am such a fan of hearing Dave's old writings... Lemme just say....."Jack Donovan." Wooo..... I am an extra giant fan of hearing Dave read his teen-aged musings while his moms sits there with pride and while Ron grumbles remarks intermittently..... The poem began... "First there comes a newborn dove...." then there was a, "plowing toddle," rhymed with, "coddle." Ronnie mumbled, "IDIOT!" there... and later groaned, "Jesus!" as the poem progressed..... and... "This isn't a poem, it's a cry for help!" When Ron asked to see the poem and then promptly ripped it up amid Beanies cries of "Oooh no!," and Fezzie shouting, "Oh no! Now he's gonna run away again!" Killed me....Someone pointed out that Dave had received an, "A," for that poem..... Fezzie noted, "You are forgetting the 'SS'." Ahhh, I just freakin loved Ron and Fez Poetry Corner... At this moment I am remembering that it was one of my rare wise moves to dispose of my teen-aged poetry..... Man.... for reals....

See, Beanie Mac was there on the radio rollin out all the Dave stories....for all the XM nation to hear......and when I think about my moms... I can assure yez that we all could just be sittin around the kitchen table with people over and if I were to tell about some demented escapade of mine, which would be completely true, without a doubt I can be sure that my mother would yell, "Ooooh Kathleen, you did NOT!!!" One example..an innocent enough example.... not so long ago we were all sitting around, my brothers and I, talking about goofy obsessions that we had when we were kids...I was really, really obsessed with Indians... Native Americans.... I really wanted to be a part of a tribe when I was probably four or five.....and would run around in underoos....That's where the "Ooooh Kathleen, you did NOT!!!" came in......"YEAH I did.... I was four..... I didn't say fourteen... whaddya so worried about ???" Anyway, and I'd try to stereotypically talk like the Indians did on their rare visits to Little House on the Prairie...or some western or whatever... while jumping on the furniture and acting like I was hunting stuff with a broom........

I also went through a phase where I liked to pretend I could speak many languages...about the same age.....acting like I could speak French, or Spanish.....or German....and on and on.... but really of course rattling off similarly toned utter gibberish...."Ahh un, duex, twois...je je le blah...cess cey bon...oui....comecee come saaahhh..." Hmmmm.. Fuckin little weirdo goin around like that....I can vividly remember hiding out in one of my favorite spots, a little nook between the end of bunk bed and the window, I'd sit on top of the radiator and babble in the made-up languages to this big stuffed bear named Potsy that we won at Rye Playland. My mother was like, "I don't remember that!" and I had to pointedly ask then, "Well can you explain to my why then you exasperatedly yelled, 'Alright with that! Get outta here.... That is NOT Portuguese!!' " Anyway, my pops remembered those retarted antics....Sooo.....You know, this all would have been a way better story if I had grown up to work in the U.N. as an interpreter or something....... Woulda been a charming tale..... "Ahhh she always did have a fascination with foreign prose.."... Any charming tale of eventual success would be welcome, really.....

Anyway, it turns out that Dave and I have a lil something in common then, cause Beanie announced during a very uncomfortable Board Gossip that Dave spoke with an English accent for almost two years.... The only difference I guess between his act and mine was that Beanie added, "Yes... when he was about seventeen."

My mother will always act like these random memories of mine are like crazy jokes or something....like I'm trying to trick her...(Oh, maybe cause I mean... I do that too)....Anyway I'm not sure if it's all outta some kind of selective amnesia......or shame.....or feelings of, "how the hell are you related to me??"

One thing that really struck me was how one could definitely tell that Dave and Beanie Mac are undoubtedly kin..... Again I will reference the uncomfortable Board Gossip where Dave could barely muster reporting any of the Internet drama in front of his mama due to the off-color language and random lewd and lascivious hijinks that the segment entailed...... Beanie said at one point during Dave's stuttering, "Hey guys aren't you glad that I'm here?? ....I think I may be puttin a cramp in Dave's style." That was just hilarious to me.... As Ron pointed out, "Oh that's the greatest! YOU mess up sayings too.... Just like Dave!!!" Yeah.... I loved that.....So adorable! I'll tell you what else runs in the fam..... Singing! Ohhh like I said earlier.... Did I ever enjoy the singing McDonalds! I did.... I did.....

When Beanie was tellin her tales of old New York....she talked out going down to The Village in the 60's...... She would go downtown with the girls, (Ron mumbled, "We'd call it something different....We'd call it, 'munchin.' " heeeheeeheeeheeeee) and they'd go out to drink rye and gingers....and they would sing the night away... Beanie told that everyone would have a, "party piece," that they would perform. I have party pieces too.... heh heh... snicker.... Oh, but what she was talking about was a particular song that they each would perform..... Beanie's was, "Toot Toot Tootsie," which I believe was sung by Al Jolson in the 1920's so...... that fits right in with that Village in the 60's vibe of course..... After she was done singin her tune she asked Ron how he liked her ole song.... He responded, "Oh I just woke up...." and then, "Nah, I'm kidding... The whole time you were singing I was thinking, 'How dull is this knife that it's not goin through my artery?' "

I tell ya what, I fucking loved it!! Here's why...besides the fact that it was just all pure nutty.... I realized, Dave does the same thing! Dave has a,"party piece!" Maybe it has changed, but I know for sure that he, on so many occasions, would insist on singing, "Rawhide," at RnF gatherings etc....... Yo, the McDonald clan is known for singing inappropriate-for-the-time-period-songs at parties! This is the best shit ever! Beanie croons 20's tunes in the late 50's and 60's..... Davey Mac rocks the theme from late 50's thru 60's TV series in our current times! So great!! Soooo.....great....

The coup de grace for me just had to be when Dave and Beanie sang their favorite birthday song..... Dave sung a bit to warm up and Beanie remarked, "Oooh Dave! You have a great voice! When Fezzie heard that he added, "What a talented family!" and something about his sarcastic rolling-eyed tone made me really believe that he meant it! I just knew that I was on the edge of my seat........

So this birthday song... Beanie and Dave, in his, "Irish Tenor voice," sang... "Happy Birthday, happy birthday, just fooor yooooou.... Happy Birthday, happy birthday, may all your dreams come truuuuuue..... When you blow out the candles there will be a glow..... It's the sunshine of your smile where e'er yoooou gooooooo!" I have never heard this song in all of my life.... I was just cackling.... Fantastic!

I tried to look it up later online to see where the hell this song came from.... I couldn't find anything about it except for on this old Free Republic message board in a thread called, "Calling All Pre-Boomers: Let's Reminisce!" where literally people were posting musings like, "What ever happened to good old-fashioned common sense....In our day it was called discipline!!" and "The Studebaker was actually a great car," and, "Remember the smell of the Ice Cream Parlor?" Oooh, ooooh and this one post was by far my favorite, "..marry the girl you got pregnant or be disowned by your parents and hunted down and killed by the girls father....." That's my favorite memory!!! Ahhh those were the days...... Oh my God.... I was rollin reading some of that thread..... I mean... You know, not to be a sardonic young whippersnapper, but WOW.... I was just lovin it cause it was exactly the stereotypical kinda ranting that you might hear from Abe on the Simpsons or something of that ilk.....

Just in case you think I'm lying/want to peruse: "A Cherry Coke was called a Tyrone Power in my day!" (http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a8b74353446.htm)

Man.... anyway... what was I sayin....hmm... Ah yes... The Singing McDonalds!!! I so loved that throw-back act..... I think that they should take that routine on the road.... It could be just like a New Jersey version of, "The Judds,".... that other red-headed mother and daughter act! Wooo hoo!

Anyway, I said that I was gonna make this quick and I have proved myself to be a stinkin liar once again..... Great, hilarious show......Beanie is the greatest....What madness... I loved it! OK... Seeyuh.

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Lurkin McWeirdo
10-15-2007, 04:24 AM
surprising:wink:

drjoek
10-15-2007, 04:27 AM
You may have pretended you could speak many languages as a kid but as an adult you can write in the language of hilarious. Great Job
Coffe and the morning blog perfect

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-15-2007, 04:51 AM
surprising:wink:
:wub: why'dja take the keg away? I loved him....

You may have pretended you could speak many languages as a kid but as an adult you can write in the language of hilarious. Great Job
Coffe and the morning blog perfect

Aww dude! Always toooo nice..... Thanks zillions man :0)

Lemme just tell you something real quick:
More than this I will not ask....Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at laaaaa-asst....Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to terrapin......
(SINGIN LOUD) Countin stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright.....The spiral light of venus, rising first and shining best.....Ohhhhh, from the Northwest corner of a brand new crescent moooooon....while crickets and cicadas siiii-ing, a rare and different tune,
Terrapin staaay-aa-aaa-ation......

favorite favorite sig pics..... :0) It'll be in my head all day!

:):):)

drjoek
10-15-2007, 05:02 AM
:wub: why'dja take the keg away? I loved him....

Aww dude! Always toooo nice..... Thanks zillions man :0)

Lemme just tell you something real quick:
More than this I will not ask....Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at laaaaa-asst....Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to terrapin......
(SINGIN LOUD) Countin stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright.....The spiral light of venus, rising first and shining best.....Ohhhhh, from the Northwest corner of a brand new crescent moooooon....while crickets and cicadas siiii-ing, a rare and different tune,
Terrapin staaay-aa-aaa-ation......

favorite favorite sig pics..... :0) It'll be in my head all day!

:):):)

Please support Jerrys kids!

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-15-2007, 05:41 AM
Please support Jerrys kids!

You know I try Dr. Joe..... I try..... The lil cherubs come- a knockin on my van door everyday..... I want to support, but there is only so much hashfood I can buy....

buzzard
10-15-2007, 07:03 AM
I was tossed between thoughts of the King/Osmond families as well as the Flying Wallendas! :lol: What a great way to start the week Bronxy Thanks! Beanie deserves a fan-club she's a real sweetheart,as are you!:wink: