You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
10/22/07 The Ice-Blimp Cometh??? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 10/22/07 The Ice-Blimp Cometh???

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Please allow me to begin this correspondence with a dramatic re-enactment..depicting the scene in my humble abode......upon learning that Fez Marie Whatley was fakin the funk on Friday when he didn't answer his name being called as he lay inside of that stinkin coffin.....

Me (yelling at the radio): You did it on purpose??!?!!! What da fuck Whatley??!!! You nearly KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

.....and it's true.... As with so many others listening that day, and those in the studio.... the fact that no Fez-voice responded from the casket.... I stopped breathing I think....It was a feeling of pure chilling alarm.... and IT DID seem like it took forever too...before Fezzie finally answered....

Today yez timed it to see how long it actually was between when Ronnie called out Fez's name to when Fezzie finally answered after Ron directed with intense seriousness, "Get him out!" As it was said on today's show.... It FELT like forever!!! When time was counted that stretch only numbered six seconds! Crazy.......

It totally was a sensation that Ronnie likened to, "when for a moment you don't see your kid's head in the ocean...." Time froze for what seemed like way longer.... All that being said, I wasn't angry at The Big Cat as perhaps my re-enactment's yelling might've suggested...... Well I did shake my fist and curse and all of that... but see that last part there, all the ha-hah's..?? I did have to laugh and I thought to meself, "Diabolical The Big Cat is!" So what? Maybe sometimes I like to talk to myself in a Yoda voice....Yoda style.... Anway, well played Fezzielou...well played..... "But don't you ever do that to me again!!!" I'll still yell like somebody's mother.... just so ya know that ya scared me.... Bad cat...

You know what else is scaring me lately..?? I'll give you a guess, you guys were talking bout it today! Oh I know you are busy, busy men with no time for guessing games! I'll just tell you.... You were talking about the current state of our seasons.....that there only seem to be two anymore....barely. There only appears to be the hot, hot blistering heat of Summer and a bitter chill of Winter, however long that lasts...now that we have been "Al Gored," as Ronnie called it... What the hell!??!

Now Ron and Fez Show, you know me..... You know I am never happy with the weather.....or I am achingly-rarely happy with the weather...That might be a more precise characterization.... I tried to figure it out one time, tried to estimate just how many days I'd be likely to step out of my cave and utter the words, "What a nice day, huh?" With my scientific know-how I approximated that probably within the span of a year I most likely would approve of the weather roughly 17-22 days a year.....and I believe that's high-balling it..... not because I drink old-fashioned retro cocktails as I conduct my research.... it's because I'm being generous with my guessing.... I'm particular..."persnickety," some might accuse. I am.... I don't appreciate the air being too thick with humidity.... I can't stand being too hot..... I don't like to be freezing either.....and long gray winters give me the blues....

Here's some weather that I can appreciate.... I like it when you first get a sense that Spring is in the air..... It's cool and sunny....but warm enough that if there was snow, it's melting ....an running in streams, filling babbling brooks with pristine cold water that makes the rocks all extra shiny..... Patches of green, wet grass can be seen through the iciness now growing translucent.... If we all lived in a cartoon, which I do; baby woodland creatures would be a-startin to frolic after their wobbly knees have stopped trembling...... Tiny neon-green buds can be seen on the trees...as that classical music piece by Edvard Grieg, "Morning Mood," from Peer Gynt (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubUku14F4JI)plays the air....Ya know, like it always does in cartoons when the land begins to flower... and all that good shit! The same feeling exists in the city when Springtime first hits.... except currents of dissolving grey, sooty snow rush downhill like mini opaque icebergs in rivers heading towards the sewer on the corner while ghetto Bambis and Thumpers no longer wear faux fur coats standing there..... Yeah...Springtime is sweet.....

Even more than Spring I love the Fall.... Yeah, Autumn is my favorite..... I have deduced that my most favorite days find themselves numbered usually in October..... but not this year! You guys noticed it too! The leaves still have not turned....Wheere is the foliage??! It's still Summer-hot out.... What fresh hell!?! As Ronnie pointed out the startling facts, I was sitting out on my back deck listening and yelled, "Yeah I know, right?!?!" as I surveyed the trees all around me still full of green leaves....the only ones leaves on the ground which had fallen were a dry, dull brown....

See, I normally love this time of year...when it's all cold out and bright....Hoodie weather..... Super-blue skies and the leaves have started poppin overnight...all Fall-like....and brilliantly colored...It can be just so lovely... when the sun's shining down, you're warm on your shoulders...but the breeeze that's blowin is winter to come.... That's my favorite! Where are you?? Will I have to lower my good weather days estimation? Where is my favorite tree's foliage that transforms from green to Crayola red-orange.....like the tree normally does outside my window this time of year? I know that it did last year, I have a picture that I took of myself in front of it when I was drunk for some reason...I dunno, I do corny shit like that sometimes and I don't even have Myspace to showcase my work....Where are the mulberry tones.... and the leaves the color of golden-delicious apples???? It's mad distressing!

On a side note- I tend to be brand loyal about some products in life..... I think that possibly my top two examples would have to be Heinz for ketchup and Crayola for crayons.... Have you ever used some wack ass other brand of crayons? I had the distinct displeasure in doin so at times as a kid and I found it to be just insulting! I'm tryin to do something here! You know, how you get free crayons sometimes with a coloring book....or maybe they're at school mixed into a basket of crayons or some shit like that..... Ugh! There is not a much more disappointing feeling than when your little hands have been working on something fantastic....some picture or whatever..... and finding yourself with a non-Crayola crayon.... I'd always think, "Ooooh you gotta be kiddin me... What is this!?? Some kinda joke???!" There was no rich, smooth color then..... The results of the inferior crayons were a waxy film with a tinge of slight pigment.... as if you had attempted some artwork with a tube of cherry chapstick..... Ridiculous! At least if you had used the chapstick, your poor smiley sun peeking out through the clouds with the doofy tree portrait would have smelled kinda delicious....A fuckin revolting predicament those fake crayons!

Will there be no Fall this year.....or ever again...?? Will the only crayon colors found in nature be sepia, olive, and raw sienna?? What shit! I mean, I already told you that I'm not the biggest Winter fan, but it troubles me very much, if we have been indeed, "Al Gored," to think that we'll exist only in ceaseless Summer! ....And I remember the words that Ronnie B. spoke...."The living will envy the dead......The living will envy the dead." I don't think I'm alone when I tell you, uttering hair-raising prophecies not once, but twice makes em doubly ominous.... I will echo the words that Ron stated today, "There's something incredibly wrong!"

One caller from Florida pointed out that already with the temperatures still in the high 90's businesses there are suffering due to lack of snowbirds coming down for the Winter.... Dave seemed troubled by this...."Florida will be over-run by worms... or whatever it is that snowbirds eat!!!" Ron responded with utter disgust, "Snow birds are people you dumb fuck!!!" In the midst of my prior white-knuckled fear at the state of our environment, I took a moment to snicker at that....... That's gold baby!

Surprisingly, I've never been a big proponent of killing children....well maybe I've thought about it in the supermarket at times, but besides that... it ain't my thing....... Hearing the horrors that Ronnie predicted about our scorched earth.... and horrible thirst... and terrible times to come, I did see his point.... Maybe it would be only kind.....only merciful to, "kill all the children under fourteen and stack them up as firewood." If these are the seasonless days that we will have to encounter...... Perhaps so.

Tonight in my rock shelter I will start drawing on the walls.... so that one day if we all do indeed perish, perchance if future generations even exist....some might stumble in and see my cave-drawings full of grass, and mountains and trees full of Fall foliage....colored in all my favorite crayon colors..... I will scrawl on the wall, "This WAS our world, future-lings!!!" And then I'll probably draw a picture of Dave's ice-blimp crashing to the ground unsuccessfully....one of the tragedies of our last days..... and maybe I'll also do a lil tag of me....I'll be flying and shooting lasers out of my eyeballs..... Cause that would be cool even if I can't really do that... AS IF the future ones would eeeven know the difference anyway!

Ron B., I hope that you also know that your dire prediction has also inspired me to make no needed changes in my life from this stage on; what's the freakin point anyway??? I might as well keep up with business as usual.... and stockpile much whiskey and cigarettes......"for when the shit comes down."

Oooh anyway, let's take our minds off of all this talk of eventual barren wastelands and the horror to come..... Let's talk about sitcoms of the 90's! Remember how Earl was claiming that Seinfeld and Friends stole their entire gimmicks from that show, Living Single? See.... I am well acquainted with all of these shows, and I will yell, "Nooo! Soooorey!" as so many others did today.... "Why would you know about Living Single?" you gentle readers may be wondering.... Well I'll tell ya... My parents never got cable and still do not have it currently....When I still lived over there, FOX was one of the stations that came in most clearly.... and so the ole gal spent some time with their re-runs..... and one day I had a retarded epiphany and realized why each character seemed so familiar.....I'm about to drop some science on ya, try not to go blind.....

I told Brian one day about my findings and he told me that he agreed..... I believe him! I know my baby would not placate me by simply agreeing, "Yeah....yeah....uh-huh," while playing Madden... so I know that I am right!

Seinfeld which preceded Living Single stole from them? Nay...... Friends? Well possibly but I think it's a stretch..... Today, my friends, I offer you this evidence that will demonstrate that it was actually Living Single that just HAD to be based on another sitcom.....a little show based on those lovable Miami prunes, The Golden Girls! I propose that the gals of Living Single were just a younger, urban, black version of these ladies....Hold on for a second.... Lemme just break out the slide show before I start pointing out evidence with the help of those telescoping, pointy sticks that people in my line of work use like all the time....

Maybe you recall Dorothy, played by Bea Arthur? She was the big one; quite sarcastic and distrusting of men after her failed marriage to Stan Zbornak..... Her Living Single counterpart was none other than Queen Latifah who played Khadijah....career-driven, no time for love...always with an ascerbic remark.....She was,"The sensible one," just like Dorothy.....and the only time you'd see her vulnerable side was when that ex-boyfriend of her's would come back around.... Are you wondering who then would represent Blanche from The Golden Girls? Rue McClanahan's Blanche was promiscuous, man-crazy....a former debutante from the South.... Enter Tootie/Kim Fields.....she played Regine... Same deal! Remember Betty White as Rose Nyland from St. Olaf... all with her rambling non-sensical tales.....ditsy and innocent??? Her duplicate on Living Single was Synclaire, played by Kim Coles... Synclaire was always being mocked by the others because of her air-headed babbling....because she was naive and from the Midwest! Now..... the last character...."Sophia Petrillo," from The Golden Girls, also known as, "Ma," is the only one that proved a little tricky..... cause Maxine from Living Single was nobody's Ma, and wasn't the oldest..... but based on her character's abilities to wander into a room for seemingly no other reason than to deliver quips and salty one-liners..... I'd say that it's all close enough!

Wooo.... Well, if you don't remember Living Single and don't want to admit to knowing about The Golden Girls, that last paragraph might have been Hell on Earth for you..... but you know, Science isn't for everybody! I guess my main point anyway was that when it comes to sitcoms, there's really nothing new under the sun.....the cruel, cruel sun which will destroy us all one day..... Ohh no.... I'm thinking about the weather problem again! I better go soon and have nightmares bout all of that on my own....

But before I peace out, I just wanted to say that I listened to High Society on Saturday night as well! I laughed out loud so many times... I was diggin it.... So, I'm pretty excited to hear of this AFRO challenge going down between Than and Sam and those High Society boys! As Ronnie B. put it, O&A's staff may be made up of highly educated Ivy-league kids..... but ....Ron pointed out that he, "only hires the bastard children"....the poor and the hungry.... like some kind of radio Statue of Liberty..... He said that O&A's guys were like the, "Soc's," and Pepper Hicks, Bronx Johnny, and that guy Chris from Brooklyn were the poor greasers from The Outsiders.... And many times over, like Rushmore's Herman Blume, Ronnie said to High Society, "Take dead aim on the rich boys!" Oooh I do so love that film and that quote....

"You guys have it real easy. I never had it like this where I grew up.... But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the cross-hairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it!!!! Thank you."

Ronnie also said that with nuturing and love.... yes, love.... The RnF Show has reared and trained these cats..... Ahh yes, I remember too how with nurturing and love he brought a young Bronx Johnny back to life, strengthened him to the Sextravaganza-reporting powerhouse that he is today..... Twas not so long ago when Ron found Bronx Johnny....Ron B. told the tale, "When I found Bronx Johnny he had very little hair and he was so very frail..... I held him everyday and fed him from an eye dropper."

Yeah that's love alright! Everybody gets a lil of that Ron and Fez Show love..... It's the good shit.... Ok then.... Lemme stop rambling.... Goodnight!

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
....that's always in cartoons when it's a lovely Spring day on the meadow or whatever....and all the snow is melting....la la la laa lalala la la la la lalala.....

"Morning Mood," from Peer Gynt....by E. Grieg (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubUku14F4JI)

Thanks Heckler O'Blowhard fer tellin me the name....Before that I was tryin to hum-type it out.... and we all know that shit never works!!

Lurkin McWeirdo
10-23-2007, 02:47 AM
that Rocked:devil2:

buzzard
10-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks Bronxy,I missed the show yesterday and you filled in quite nicely! love the cartoon references. ...Mornin' Ralph...Mornin' Sam..:wink:

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
that Rocked:devil2:
:wub::wub::wub:

Thanks Bronxy,I missed the show yesterday and you filled in quite nicely! love the cartoon references. ...Mornin' Ralph...Mornin' Sam..:wink:

Thanks Buzzzzz!!!! :0)
http://www.nonstick.com/wpics/sr1.jpg

Heeeee heeee :0)

Marc with a c
10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't understand. What does any of that have to do with barton fink?

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't understand. What does any of that have to do with barton fink?

"I'm a writer, you monsters! I create! I create for a living! I'm a creator! I am a creator!!!!"

http://www.norelpref.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/bfink.jpg

Whew.... When You're right, you're right Marc with a C..... It's been like four days.....
I KNEW it was missin something..... All better now!

Marc with a c
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Thank you, they just haven't been the same.

drjoek
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
The crayola story is So True and im a Heinz Ketchup man myself.Someone should mention to Dave again about Classical music in Cartoons

drusilla
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
wasn't that a seinfeld bit when they were going to the opera & jerry started singing. elaine made a snide remark like "you know, it is so sad, all your knowledge of high culture comes
from bugs bunny cartoons."

ps - love hoodie weather. it's the best time of year spring or fall. i'm just so comfy in my hoodie!

& i always stick with heinz & i always order a coke

drusilla
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UcXBcMxUPc

djjd
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
i have a skyfi3 for my xm, so i'm always a day behind on the show (record the midnight to 3 am and listen the next day)

love the ice blimp and the domes

eastside's gonna have us all living in snowglobes if he gets his way :help:

and fez is :king:

that 6 seconds of silence will go down in ron and fez history

Gvac
10-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Further proof that Kathleen's blog is the most important thing on the internet.

Amazing.

Bizarro Fez
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Soulja Boy Lyrics... Bizarro Fez Style

Chorus:
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Whatley Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Verse 1:
Whatley Lean And Whatley Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Whatley Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Whatley Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Thang
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

Chorus:
Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Verse 2:
I'm Bouncin On My Toe
Whatley Super Soak Dat Hoe
I'ma Pass It To Arab
Then He Gon Pass It To The Low (Low)
Haterz Wanna Be Me
Soulja Boy, I'm The Man
They Be Lookin At My Neck
Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Whatley Do It (Whatley Do It)
Dance (Dance)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That Shit Was Ugly

Chorus:
Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Whatley Crank It
Whatley Roll
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Whatley Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Hook:
Im to freah off in this hoe
Whatley crank it
Whatley roll
Whatley crank that roosavelt
And super soak that Hoe
And super soak that hoe
and super soak that hoe
and super soak that hoe
and super soak that hoe
Im to fresh up in this bitch
Whatley shuffle
Whatley jig
Whatley crank my shoulder work
Super man
Do it
Super man
Do it
Super man
Do it

Chorus:
Crank that Soulja Boy -

Soulja boy off in this hoe
Whatley crank it
Whatley roll
Whatley crank dat soulja boy
Then super man dat hoe
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)

Soulja boy off in this hoe
Whatley crank it
Whatley roll
Whatley crank dat soulja boy
Then super man dat hoe
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)
Now Whatley do
(Crank dat soulja boy)

EQ
10-24-2007, 03:40 AM
You're the prettiest girl in the world!

Just shut all the other blogs down now ( unless of course you contributed to them).

:clap:

moochcassidy
10-24-2007, 05:31 AM
"Surprisingly, I've never been a big proponent of killing children"

we need a KftB LOTD thread goin in here.

this shit is unreal.

EliSnow
10-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Great blog with a great Living Single/Golden Girls analysis!!

Hottub
10-24-2007, 05:57 AM
...and I'm a sucker for a readhead!:wub:

EliSnow
10-24-2007, 05:59 AM
...and I'm a sucker for a readhead!:wub:

What about faux blondes?

Hottub
10-24-2007, 06:01 AM
What about faux blondes?

:clap:

Kathleen From The Bronx
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey :0) Thanks for readin deez..... Thanks for all the comments; made the ole gal happy!

Here! Have some too-long, almost scary hugs..!!! Ya know the ones.... Where I don't let go and ya start to panic and flounder and flail around feeling for anything like a vase....or...wine bottle....or a fireplace poker..... with which to bludgeon.. so I'll finally release the psycho grip...... Yeah....... Awwww.... :wub:
!!!

I've missed some bloggin cause it was Brian's birthday... I gotta go out tonight cause his family wants to take hang with him this evenin...... I'm gonna try to catch up somehow....

Anywhoo..... Thanks for real :0)

:smile::smile::smile:

bluerideboss
10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
:tongue: Great Pot-Talk - Puff Puff Pass - Hit this Kathleen - Hit It !!!!!