You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Mayo on a hamburger?? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Mayo on a hamburger??

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm studying art in Poznan, Poland for the semester, along with a girl from my school. I really think she is one of the dumbest people I've ever met and I'm really starting to dislike her.......but I digress. Last night we were at the apartment of one of our professors eating and drinking (the vodka here is amazing). He put out bread, cheese, sausages and a jar of mayo and my friend turns to a polish girl and says "In the U.S. no one eats mayo on a hamburger". OK, she's from Philadelphia and I'm from Pittsburgh, but I thought mayo is a natural for a hamburger. Am I wrong or is she proving, once again, how stupid she is?

angrymissy
10-23-2007, 04:53 AM
:nono:

gross!

Hottub
10-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Have you ever eaten a Whopper? Mayo all over the damn thing.

:flush:

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 04:58 AM
tomato and mayo on the burger everytime

A.J.
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Did they put mayo on the french fries too in the gay European way?

Earlshog
10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
what do they call a quarter pounder in Poland?

EliSnow
10-23-2007, 05:07 AM
When I grew up, a lot of the local diners/restaurants had the "California Burger" on their menus. This burger featured lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup. That one was always my favorite, although I'm fairly certain the "California" label was dumb.

I still will eat burgers with mayo, but not every time. Sometimes, I eat a burger with Bulls Eye bbq sauce, sometimes I'll eat a burger with just ketchup, and sometimes I've had it with mayo and dijon mustard (when I'm making Bobby Flay's cuban burgers).

ZigZagBigBag
10-23-2007, 05:18 AM
vitamin M, or 'mayonaise', should be put liberally on most foodstuffs. burgers, hotdogs, fries....breakfast cereals. it kicks the crap out of lesser condiments like sissy, juvenile ketchup.

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 05:22 AM
i wonder how E-rock would respond to this question

King Hippos Bandaid
10-23-2007, 05:30 AM
I ask for No Mayo. Mayo is for Tuna Chicken and other style of Salads and Cold Cut Samiches

Acceptable Condiments on a Burger

Ketchup
Mustard
A1
Peter Luger Sauce
a "Good" BBQ Sauce, this means you Kraft, stay away

:king:

Chip Vaughn
10-23-2007, 05:34 AM
I am from central Illinois and have been using mayo on my burger for years. I have noticed that it has been catching on, but in the early years I got some strange looks when I requested a side of mayo.

On another note, I have been noticing a lot of people using ranch as a condiment for their french fries, among other things. This is common everywhere now? What are the newest trends in sauciness?

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 05:38 AM
On another note, I have been noticing a lot of people using ranch as a condiment for their french fries, among other things. This is common everywhere now? What are the newest trends in sauciness?

when i was in college (few years ago) people put ranch on everything, especially pizza...didnt see anyone eating pizza without a side of ranch to dip it in...maybe it was just my school, i dont know

EddieMoscone
10-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Mayo on burgers and frieds is way better than ketchup.

BeerBandit
10-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Mayo goes on a burger instead of ketchup if and only if you put a slice of tomato on the burger. Ketchup and a tomato is just redundant.

TheMojoPin
10-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Mayo is a must for burger. I prefer mayo, ketchup, lettuce and fresh onions, no tomatos and DEFINITELY no mustard.

A mix of mayo and ketchup is also a must for the fries, though if they're thick steak/cottage/waffle fries and such, I've found that chunky blue cheese is fry-dipping nirvana.

Dash77
10-23-2007, 06:18 AM
I do mayo and steak sauce on my burgers

Furtherman
10-23-2007, 06:24 AM
OK, she's from Philadelphia and I'm from Pittsburgh, but I thought mayo is a natural for a hamburger. Am I wrong or is she proving, once again, how stupid she is?

We don't put mayo on our burgers in Philly. But then again, what do we know, we're ugly!

King Hippos Bandaid
10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
We don't put mayo on our burgers in Philly. But then again, what do we know, we're ugly!

QFT

Kris10
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
I don't do burgers but I put mayo & ketchup on chicken, delish !

badorties
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM

a hotdog

topless_mike
10-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Fuck yeah
mayo on a burger= reeks of awesomeness

Doctor Z
10-23-2007, 07:13 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lOyZKmRRuI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lOyZKmRRuI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

spadanko
10-23-2007, 07:14 AM
yeah man.. mayo on a burger is lovely

Furtherman
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyxBh3C5kvo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyxBh3C5kvo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JimBeam
10-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I hadn't really ever seen it until I went to college in the South but I dig ketchup, mayo and mustard on a burger.

I don't have to have them all but if I'm motivated, and they're all available, I'm down.

nancy drew
10-23-2007, 08:14 AM
lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and MAYO. perfect.

TooLowBrow
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
when it comes to a burger, i say mayNOaise

im buffalo we used to put blue cheese dressing on everything - burgers, fries, pizza, chicken fingers. every one of those four things.

WhistlePig
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo, salt, pepper on a Boca burger. Delish!

Kevin
10-23-2007, 08:26 AM
lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo, salt, pepper on a Boca burger. Delish!

What...no sugar??:tongue:

drusilla
10-23-2007, 08:35 AM
mayo has no place on a hamburger

actually mayo only belongs on a mostly dry chicken salad for me, other than that, mayo never touches my food.

Midkiff
10-23-2007, 08:39 AM
yes she is stupid

mayo belongs on a burger

Chris from TX
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Mayonnaise has its place on some burgers. Wendy's and a Whopper are covered in it. It's some tasty fat emuslsion. Around where I come from putting Mayo on your burger instead of mustard is Yankee faggotry.

Hottub
10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
What...no sugar??:tongue:

:lol:

carsonogin
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone that knows anything knows that a burger needs mayo. You cook the Burger medium, grill the bun, and apply a thin layer of mayo on the grilled bun.

The thin layer of mayo acts like a rain slicker for the bun so it doesn't get all mushy and nasty from the ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, and onion.

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Fuck yeah
mayo on a burger= reeks of awesomeness

yessssss!

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Anyone that knows anything knows that a burger needs mayo. You cook the Burger medium, grill the bun, and apply a thin layer of mayo on the grilled bun.

The thin layer of mayo acts like a rain slicker for the bun so it doesn't get all mushy and nasty from the ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, and onion.

Exactly! Sounds like an absolutely perfect burger.

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
yes she is stupid

mayo belongs on a burger

Thank you! I'm so tempted to show here this thread, but she has really long fingernails and would gouge out my eyes.

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
mayo has no place on a hamburger

actually mayo only belongs on a mostly dry chicken salad for me, other than that, mayo never touches my food.

boooooooooo

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM

There is a McDonalds here, and I will be finding out what they call it.

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
There is a McDonalds here, and I will be finding out what they call it.

you really enjoy talking about burgers and mayo

Chris from TX
10-23-2007, 09:47 AM

The same can be accomplished with a butter toasted bun my friend, delish

Chigworthy
10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
When I grew up, a lot of the local diners/restaurants had the "California Burger" on their menus. This burger featured lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup. That one was always my favorite, although I'm fairly certain the "California" label was dumb.

I still will eat burgers with mayo, but not every time. Sometimes, I eat a burger with Bulls Eye bbq sauce, sometimes I'll eat a burger with just ketchup, and sometimes I've had it with mayo and dijon mustard (when I'm making Bobby Flay's cuban burgers).

At all of the kitchen nightmares I've ever worked at, the California burger always had avocado and cheddar, and sometimes bacon. Perfect for hangovers.

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM

thats how it still is around here...mainly at pizza joints...they throw california in front of chesesteaks, burgers, fish sandwiches

Chigworthy
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM

Anyone that knows anything knows that anything that goes anywhere near ANY kind of grill should never grill anything medium or anymore well done than medium rare.

King Hippos Bandaid
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Anyone that knows anything knows that anything that goes anywhere near ANY kind of grill should never grill anything medium or anymore well done than medium rare.

QFT

if there is no red showing, then it is too well done

JimBeam
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm w/ King.

Rarer the better.

Damn fascist chain restaurants that won't serve it to you less than medium should go to hell !!

mendyweiss
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Some do , some don't. I can live with that. But if you put mayo on a hot dog, I'm coming after you !!!

King Hippos Bandaid
10-23-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm w/ King.

Rarer the better.

Damn fascist chain restaurants that won't serve it to you less than medium should go to hell !!

I blame the Whites

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm w/ King.

Rarer the better.

red robin actually asks you how pink you want it, usually can get them pretty bloody...definatly the best chain restaurant in my opinion

joethebartender
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm studying art in Poznan, Poland for the semester, along with a girl from my school. I really think she is one of the dumbest people I've ever met and I'm really starting to dislike her.......but I digress. Last night we were at the apartment of one of our professors eating and drinking (the vodka here is amazing). He put out bread, cheese, sausages and a jar of mayo and my friend turns to a polish girl and says "In the U.S. no one eats mayo on a hamburger". OK, she's from Philadelphia and I'm from Pittsburgh, but I thought mayo is a natural for a hamburger. Am I wrong or is she proving, once again, how stupid she is?

Do you feel that her actions or the things that she says are a reflection on you or your intelligence? Just keep your distance from her. Don't get yourself pissed at her stupidity or embarassed for her. Also, don't forget you're in Poland, and she may seem brilliant in their eyes!

Burgers need mayo.

What's with dressing on pizza though? are people putting it on real pizza or that dominos-pizza hut crap? Either way it's still gross. If I asked for ranch dressing at a pizzeria around here I'd get a pizza cutting wheel to the face!

Love,
-Joe

TheMojoPin
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Do you feel that her actions or the things that she says are a reflection on you or your intelligence? Just keep your distance from her. Don't get yourself pissed at her stupidity or embarassed for her. Also, don't forget you're in Poland, and she may seem brilliant in their eyes!

Burgers need mayo.

What's with dressing on pizza though? are people putting it on real pizza or that dominos-pizza hut crap? Either way it's still gross. If I asked for ranch dressing at a pizzeria around here I'd get a pizza cutting wheel to the face!

Love,
-Joe

With some pizzas the dressing is tasty to dip the crust in...but only the crust.

RAAMONE
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM

Burgers need mayo.

Love,
-Joe

i went to college near the mason dixon line...not the best area to find a good pizza place

BoondockSaint
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
There a place by me that servers a chicken ranch pizza. It's chicken, ranch, bacon, tomatoes, red onions, cheddar, fresh mozzarella, and fresh garlic. It's very good but it's not pizza.

JimBeam
10-23-2007, 10:43 AM
That does sound tasty but I agree it's less a pizza than some kinda open-faced thingy.

joethebartender
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM

www.mcdonalds.pl

I checked the site but didn't see one. Regular hamburger then right to the big mac... on one of the calorie lists there is a McRoyal though.:unsure:

zerothehero
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I grew up in Louisiana and it's totally normal there. Living in Missouri now and it's a commonplace. I love mayo on a burger. Cheese, Pickles, Onions and Mayo.

(by mayo, I don't mean real mayonnaise... Miracle Whip)

Fezticle98
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Not my cup of tea. But it's not scandalous or anything.

That broad should've kept her mouth shut about how all Americans like their burgers.

RoseBlood
10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I find mayo in general to be pretty gross.

joethebartender
10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I grew up in Louisiana and it's totally normal there. Living in Missouri now and it's a commonplace. I love mayo on a burger. Cheese, Pickles, Onions and Mayo.

(by mayo, I don't mean real mayonnaise... Miracle Whip)

Eww.
see this thread: http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62830&highlight=miracle+whip

topless_mike
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM

its because some jackass will order it rare, get sick, and sue the restaurant for not cooking it properly.

so, to avoid it, they start at medium.

lleeder
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
When I grew up, a lot of the local diners/restaurants had the "California Burger" on their menus.

Was it really really well done ?

Chris from TX
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I just recently had my first Big Mac, and it had thousand island dressing on it or something-- which is kinda like mayo

BMoses
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I just recently had my first Big Mac, and it had thousand island dressing on it or something-- which is kinda like mayo

or not really like mayo at all

TheMojoPin
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM

I believe the special sauce is something like thousand island mixed with mayo mixed with tartar sauce.

TeeBone
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Mayonnaise is the Devil's Semen.

TheMojoPin
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Don't be afraid of flavor.

Chris from TX
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM

it certainly is

lleeder
10-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Then the Devil has a delicious cock.:devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2:

lleeder
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear you're recovering after that coma (http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-06-03-coma_N.htm)I just recently had my first Big Mac, and it had thousand island dressing on it or something-- which is kinda like mayo

JimBeam
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Isn't 1000 Island dressing mayo + ketchup ( with possibly some relish ) ?

meanmrbill
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM

I guess I was being too rough on her. I didn't think of it as a reflection on me, I just never heard someone say that no one puts mayo on a hamburger. She's just a young girl with very little worldly knowledge. Part of the blame I put on her father who is an overbearing bigot. I spent the night at their house on the eve of our travelling and I wished I had booked a hotel room. Way too many Polish jokes from him (i'm not criticizing your joke). Actually, the Polish people are, by far, the friendliest, warmest and educated people I've ever met. This is really a great place.

Thanks

sailor
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
mayo alone would gross me out, but the mayo ketchup mix is great, like on the whopper.

meanmrbill
Not my cup of tea. But it's not scandalous or anything.

That broad should've kept her mouth shut about how all Americans like their burgers.

Getting her to keep her mouth shut is an impossibility, a complete impossibility.

drusilla
I find mayo in general to be pretty gross.

^^^

lleeder
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I guess I was being too rough on her. I didn't think of it as a reflection on me, I just never heard someone say that no one puts mayo on a hamburger. She's just a young girl with very little worldly knowledge. Part of the blame I put on her father who is an overbearing bigot. I spent the night at their house on the eve of our travelling and I wished I had booked a hotel room. Way too many Polish jokes from him (i'm not criticizing your joke). Actually, the Polish people are, by far, the friendliest, warmest and educated people I've ever met. This is really a great place.

Thanks

You really think deep on every issue don't you?:wacko:

lleeder
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
mayo alone would gross me out, but the mayo ketchup mix is great, like on the whopper.

Says the man as he douses a BLT in mustard...:ohmy:

sailor
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Says the man as he douses a BLT in mustard...:ohmy:

glad you're keeping notes

EliSnow
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Then the Devil has a delicious cock.:devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sarge
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Mayo, cheese, and pickles are a must.

mendyweiss
10-23-2007, 05:28 PM
http://www.coles.com.au/images/cmi/library/ingredient/small/Hellmans-real-mayo.jpg If you have to use mayo, at least use this one please !!

lleeder
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
glad you're keeping notes

I carry a notebook like Eastside Dave and clipboard like Fez.:bye: